Subject: "(CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Jemr the Spirit of the Shield, Ca..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #40963
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 26-Aug-05 02:16 PM
Member since 22nd Sep 2024
17176 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#40963, "(CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Jemr the Spirit of the Shield, Cardinal of the Golden Sun"

Fri Aug 26 14:15:56 2005

At 2 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 13th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Jemr perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:383

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Jemr the Spirit of the Shield..., jemr, 27-Aug-05 04:29 PM, #5
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Jemr the Spirit of the Shield..., Eerolyin (Guest), 27-Aug-05 04:46 PM, #6
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Jemr the Spirit of the Shield..., Dukreg (Guest), 27-Aug-05 05:46 PM, #7
Reply Great character man!, Lhydia, 27-Aug-05 07:26 PM, #8
Reply I was wondering how long you'd last, Aurilinius (Guest), 27-Aug-05 07:40 PM, #9
Reply It was funny, Runaktla (Guest), 28-Aug-05 12:52 AM, #10
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Jemr the Spirit of the Shield..., Karel, 28-Aug-05 01:09 PM, #11
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Jemr the Spirit of the Shield..., Cyth (Guest), 28-Aug-05 07:54 PM, #12
Reply Good job..., Yagig (Guest), 28-Aug-05 10:11 PM, #13
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Jemr the Spirit of the Shield..., Senisblat (Guest), 27-Aug-05 03:17 PM, #4
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Jemr the Spirit of the Shield..., Murdanthilus (Guest), 26-Aug-05 05:45 PM, #2
Reply Get on aim one of these days, Zoel (Guest), 26-Aug-05 02:28 PM, #1
     Reply Ack! No! Not you too!, Vaerdrun (Guest), 27-Aug-05 01:36 AM, #3

jemrSat 27-Aug-05 04:29 PM
Member since 20th Aug 2005
3 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#40982, "RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Jemr the Spirit of the Shield..."
In response to Reply #0

Heh I died way too often, I think it was a combination of being kind of new still and also generally feeling like "hey I can probably make it back out in one piece", in situtations when that wasn't too likely to happen. I ate a lot of foolish deaths though. This was my fourth character and fourth shifter but the first to come anywhere near age/con death. Also my first caballed character really, outside of a brief, clueless experience in Warlocks.

Shifters will always appeal to me but I think I gotta play a warrior or something for the next one, it got frustrating when someone would raid/retrieve solo and I couldn't really stop them. If they had enough sense to use a staff or just plain old not redirect at me, there wasn't much I could do to chase them away. That said I've never gotten a final form I didn't think was pretty good and I was more than happy with the ones Jemr learned. Manta ray is a monster and what water forms should be IMO, and porcupine/sand lizard is a great combination. I think in a lot of ways an Acolyte with a form that can regen has more flexibility to keep people alive and fighting effectively than most classes, healer included. Not always and not for as long a duration as a healer, but you can take care of a lot of things like bleeding/broken whatever/bard songs that might really be hurting some warrior but aren't as much of a problem for you, and save them from having to be put down in a healing sleep during a raid/defense.

Not sure how I did as Cardinal, I think I did okay but it was probably obvious I was new to leadership, the Fortress, and still not that good at the game in general. My RP became mostly just to do what I thought an Acolyte should, so I tried my best to get a decent grasp of the philosophy. I'm not sure how much atmosphere I added to the game with my ever present chort/beard/"Ah Indeed", but I've got a lot of respect for characters good at that and hopefully I'll get better.

Fortress: Was good knowing pretty much all of you. I learned a lot and had fun whenever I logged on. I probably should have been out soliciting for scribes or something, but it sucked to see maybe 9 or 10 notes seeking squireship for every one person looking to be a scribe. I was new at the whole inducting people job but I think I was a pretty easy interview. If you had the desire and a moderate grasp of the philosophy, my RP was we could guide you through any remaining questions during the journey from scribe to acolyte. I think I made scribes of everyone who sought me out, with one exception. Seriously people, it's not like you sit around all day handing out canteens to newbies, there's usually plenty of combat you're basically forced to take part in. Roll up an Acolyte or something.

Shokai, Aarn- I was pretty nervous around both of you because I wasn't sure I was all that competent, and you both seemed like incompetence was something you wouldn't tolerate. Shokai was more scary because I saw him less and he was the biggest cheese, but I was also afraid I'd do something to cause Aarn to direct his focused rage my way. Still I thought Aarn was pretty funny when he wasn't angry about something and I enjoyed it whenever I saw either of you about. Thanks giving me a chance to be cardinal, I think I learned a lot.

Cytherea- Thanks for everything, from the induction to becoming an acolyte to becoming cardinal and for giving me a title. Anything I got right about acolytes I got from talking to you. You actually caught me off-guard with both promotions. When I was made cardinal, the way that talk started out, I thought for sure that you were about to boot all or some of us acolytes, so it was a total surprise. I still wonder about how all that went down. Also it's embarrassing to admit that I thought the canteen itself was something special, and so when I lost that particular canteen I ran around for at least a couple weeks afterwards thinking it was gone, not even knowing I had that power. Yeah, embarrassing. It was too bad you had to leave, listening to you hassle Gumbledink about getting a scrap of his beard was hilarious.

Dorn- Was always good to see you around, I knew we'd be getting the Orb back soon or beating off any raid attempts whenever you logged on. And I agree that you've picked some excellent squires from that large pool of applicants.

Caek- Also impressed me a lot, I think you and Dorn are doing a great job leading the Fortress and I tried to learn from both of you. I swear it seemed like everytime the two of us were on we ended up in some big battle with the empire. You were always up for raiding, whatever the odds.

Limnoreia- Another character I looked up to, I thought you were a great Acolyte and probably a lot more deserving than me of leadership.

Qulenit- Been said a lot before but things definitely seemed to instantly turn in the Fortress's favor when you logged on, whatever the odds a moment ago. I learned a lot having you lead me around too. Also I think Zimel was the only PC to ever hit me harder than my quills hit them. Both characters were seemed scary good to me.

Forsk, Laurendia, Sensiblat- All three of you seemed really skilled and were fun to be around.

Seltun- A lot of fun to run around with. You were always out hunting evil but were also just as willing to run around helping people if there was no one to pk. Like some sort of Maran-Acolyte hybrid maybe. Thanks for the barrel too, I'll try to put it to good use.

Solasarath- Crazy strong, I couldn't believe how you would just wade through enemies like nothing. We had more of a business-like relationship than close friendship but you seemed to do a real good job RPing the stoic, duty bound sort of elf and paladin.

Leqiel- Was a lot of fun learning with you and collecting all that gold. Another character who I thought swung things in our favor.

Tarylaen, Nymaria, Alythorlyn, Zueltas- I think all of you will go on to make good acolytes, sorry I didn't get a chance to help you learn all that much.

Yaevia- Sorry we never got a chance to talk a second time. Your goddess herself wasn't a problem for me, but I thought that the philosophy and art of your character was better suited to the Maran's role, and not so much an Acolyte's, even if it was the other way around with your class.

Enemies:

Maztriel, Yagig- both of you stood out as good characters I could do very little to if you were determined to take the Orb or whatever. I enjoyed our few talks too, both came across nice and evil.

Gondrak- Tough to fight a porcupine as a warrior if you aren't specialized in long weapons, and it was kind of funny when you came at me in the ocean. I was sure you knew I had a water form, so I figured you were just coming to talk (not that I can understand much from minotaurs, but I'd have tried). I was protected a bit from you with my form, but it was obvious you were pretty deadly.

Zilopza- Frustrating for me trying to fight a clever healer.

Yagharek- Man you hit hard, there was pretty much nothing I could do to you with those polearms. I wanted to try things out of form but you hit so hard it wasn't really feasible. Absolutely hated to see you around if I didn't have friends to help defend the Fortress.

Aurilinius- Had a lot of respect for you too, even though you got me pretty often. Seemed to be a losing proposition to raid empire if you were about, especially if it was you and Rowan.

Livion, Prucibal, Lisl- Admired all of you for coming to fight me on the water, even if it was frustrating as hell to have you striking the Maran just to pick a fight. I thought I was invincible on the water for a while, until Livion taught me better. I think if any of you could have come and fought me underwater, you might well have won. It was pretty much being able to shift between porcupine and manta on the surface that saved me. Livion had me despite that until someone jumped in to save me.

Friends:

Eerolyin- Probably my best friend, in or out of the Fortress. Had a lot of fun swimming around with you or hanging out at the Inn. It really sucks that you died that close to finishing what you two were working on. It's sort of too bad you learned the shark, because it seems better suited for pking than exploring, which might not help a herald as much as other characters.

Iliena, Arminas- Thanks for dragging me along through all the swamps and towers and places, I learned a lot and it was fun. Thanks for the skin Iliena, though I managed to let it freeze and break outside the Fortress like 20 mins later. I got a good laugh out of that though. Also I thought Arminas was hilarious pretty much everytime we talked.

Zoel- Sorry you didn't get a chance to learn your final form or find any more birds, the dual personalities could test my patience rarely, but overall it was fun traveling around with you.

Mummonme- Always with that sword! At least it wasn't too hard to get. It was a good time swimming around collecting things with you, definitely helped me learn the water areas better, and you were always up for helping a friend if I needed something.

I know I'm forgetting a lot of people, especially some of the squires whose names I'm drawing a blank on even though we had some good times, but this is getting too long. Overall I had fun with this character and learned a lot, and next time I think I'm going to try something other than a shifter so I can learn a bit more about pk.

Eerolyin (Guest)Sat 27-Aug-05 04:46 PM

#40983, "RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Jemr the Spirit of the Shield..."
In response to Reply #5

Now I'm just sad, I had hoped to interact with you again. You were Eero's best friend, no doubt about that. Yes, I hated getting the shark as my final form. Wasn't a really big pk'er, I wanted to explore more than anything. You were always up for just hanging out at the Inn and talking or going to collect me some gambling gold. Thanks for all the good times, and I hope to see you in the fields again. Send me an email if you want, got a few questions I'd like to ask. jenna_r_20@hotmaildotcom

Dukreg (Guest)Sat 27-Aug-05 05:46 PM

#40984, "RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Jemr the Spirit of the Shield..."
In response to Reply #5

I enjoyed the few interactions we had. Good luck with your next.

LhydiaSat 27-Aug-05 07:26 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#40986, "Great character man!"
In response to Reply #5

Yeah, you were obviously new, but you tried your hardest and you didn't quit when the going got tough! You were always ready with an altruism and were willing to help get other characters some ranks. You were a great cardinal too! I salute you.

-Leqiel

Aurilinius (Guest)Sat 27-Aug-05 07:40 PM

#40987, "I was wondering how long you'd last"
In response to Reply #5

You did a good job of coming back for more, even after I killed you so much. I think I must have killed you 6-9 times. Of course, I didn't see your Cardinal/Acolyte roleplay as your enemy, but from what I saw, you came across as a selfless servant of the light. Well done, and good luck with the next one. I'd say roll up an Imperial, but the tides have finally started to swing maybe. Anyhow, it was fun interacting with you.
Ciao
Aurilinius

Runaktla (Guest)Sun 28-Aug-05 12:52 AM

#40989, "It was funny"
In response to Reply #5

You couldn't keep me from killing the Watcher and taking
your orb, and I couldn't keep you from retrieving your
orb from our Nightwalker. Liked your char from our brief
chats.

- Runaktla

KarelSun 28-Aug-05 01:09 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
569 posts
#41002, "RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Jemr the Spirit of the Shield..."
In response to Reply #5

I liked you with both Qulenit and Zimel. Haven't read what anyone else posted but if no one else said it I will, you were a good acoloyte/cardinal. Self-sacrificing and always upbeat no matter what happened. Dying off isn't so bad as long as you had some fun playing and it sounds like you did. Should definitely broaden your experience like you said, warrior is a good start. Sure you'll do fine.

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix

Cyth (Guest)Sun 28-Aug-05 07:54 PM

#41017, "RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Jemr the Spirit of the Shield..."
In response to Reply #5

I am glad you had fun. I thank Shokai and Aarn for allowing me to be there when you got to Cardinal. You did a good job in my eyes. The title was because what I wanted the cardinal to be, the shield, and the spirit, which what you were from what I knew of you. For being what, four charecters into the game? Good job. Give us vets something to do See ya in the fields.

Yagig (Guest)Sun 28-Aug-05 10:11 PM

#41018, "Good job..."
In response to Reply #5

You were one of he many that gave me a little faith back in goodies. I may be jaded but so many goods I have played against in the past just seemed like evils who wore an angel costume. In my interactions with Jemr I saw everything that I thought an acolyte should be - You were always hopeful, tried to turn evils to good, and sacrificed yourself more than once to save others. From where I sat it was a great job.

Senisblat (Guest)Sat 27-Aug-05 03:17 PM

#40980, "RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Jemr the Spirit of the Shield..."
In response to Reply #0

Sorry to see you go. You were an awesome acolyte. To be completely honest though, I was expecting this. Every time we did anything, you would eat a death...sometimes when I thought you could have gotten away. Maybe it was your RP or perhaps maybe OOC you were tired of him and wanted him to go out like a man. I'm not sure, but seeing you on brightened my day. Good luck with your next. Ohh, I never asked you, but why water forms?

Senisblat

Murdanthilus (Guest)Fri 26-Aug-05 05:45 PM

#40969, "RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Jemr the Spirit of the Shield..."
In response to Reply #0

Never got to travel with you much. Enjoyed our few interactions. Water forms!! For a Fortresite. Never got to see you in action on the water, but when you mentioned that was your specialty, was news to me.

Well done. Come back for more, you did an awesome job.

Zoel (Guest)Fri 26-Aug-05 02:28 PM

#40964, "Get on aim one of these days"
In response to Reply #0

I do have something to tell you, and, I know you are playing cf, with my other char...haha, but yeah, thanks for everything(yes I said that before)...and good luck with your next

Vaerdrun (Guest)Sat 27-Aug-05 01:36 AM

#40972, "Ack! No! Not you too!"
In response to Reply #1

Well, it seems they finally got to you too eh? lol! Looks like you went out a bit better than I did. Man I think I must have created about three of four different chars in the time after I deleted Vaerdrun on you. And still, there you were, always kicking around. LOL. Very well played and thought out character my friend. Was always impressed with how many people were trying to get ahold of you...and yes even in your younger years you did have what I so lovingly called your mini-fan club. Believe it man you did! And then from there you just flew. Makin Cardinal and everything! Well, its too bad that you had to go. Seemed they just couldn't leave you alone I guess. Anyways, with so many people that I know dieing on me in there I'm beginning to get bored. So come on back some time soon alright. I may have a few new tricks for you if your interested. *grins* Take it easy, and see you in there.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #40963 Previous topic | Next topic