Subject: "(CON) <SCION> Brotmin the Night's Dark Taskmaster" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #4074
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 20-Dec-01 11:02 PM
Member since 11th May 2024
16840 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4074, "(CON) Brotmin the Night's Dark Taskmaster"

Thu Dec 20 23:01:04 2001

4 o''clock PM, Day of Freedom, 4th of the Month of Winter on the Theran calendar Brotmin perished, never to return.

Race:fire
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:390
PK Ratio:48% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (CON) <SCION> Brotmin the Night's Dark Taskmaster, Derexal (Guest) (Guest), 30-Dec-01 03:58 AM, #31
Reply RE: (CON) <SCION> Brotmin the Night's Dark Taskmaster, Kaada (Guest) (Guest), 23-Dec-01 05:41 PM, #23
Reply RE: (CON) <SCION> Brotmin the Night's Dark Taskmaster, Brotmin, 23-Dec-01 09:34 PM, #26
     Reply RE: (CON) <SCION> Brotmin the Night's Dark Taskmaster, Kaada (Guest) (Guest), 24-Dec-01 12:10 AM, #27
Reply All good things must come to an end, Brotmin (Guest) (Guest), 21-Dec-01 12:13 AM, #2
Reply My role, Brotmin (Guest) (Guest), 21-Dec-01 12:21 AM, #3
Reply I'll be one of the first to reply., Faelmort (Guest) (Guest), 21-Dec-01 02:02 AM, #4
Reply Heh... you think I made you mad..., Brotmin, 22-Dec-01 11:08 AM, #13
     Reply RE: Heh... you think I made you mad..., Faelmort (Guest) (Guest), 24-Dec-01 12:38 AM, #28
Reply Well -, Johan (Guest) (Guest), 21-Dec-01 06:05 AM, #5
Reply Full looting, Brotmin, 22-Dec-01 11:12 AM, #14
     Reply RE: Full looting, Johan (Guest) (Guest), 23-Dec-01 03:53 PM, #22
Reply RE: All good things must come to an end, Karithia (Guest) (Guest), 21-Dec-01 08:25 AM, #6
Reply I was talking as a character not as a player, Goapa (Guest) (Guest), 21-Dec-01 01:13 PM, #7
Reply True... but., Brotmin, 22-Dec-01 11:18 AM, #16
Reply RE: All good things must come to an end, Iillien (Guest) (Guest), 21-Dec-01 03:19 PM, #8
Reply RE: All good things must come to an end, Brotmin, 22-Dec-01 11:15 AM, #15
Reply RE: All good things must come to an end, Valguarnera, 21-Dec-01 04:00 PM, #9
Reply RE: All good things must come to an end, Brotmin, 22-Dec-01 11:26 AM, #17
Reply RE: All good things must come to an end, Divox (Guest) (Guest), 21-Dec-01 05:44 PM, #10
Reply Well..., Brotmin, 22-Dec-01 11:27 AM, #18
Reply RE: All good things must come to an end, Bauui (Guest) (Guest), 21-Dec-01 06:39 PM, #11
Reply RE: All good things must come to an end, Selfren (Guest) (Guest), 21-Dec-01 08:52 PM, #12
Reply RE: All good things must come to an end, Loborguz, 22-Dec-01 10:15 PM, #19
Reply RE: All good things must come to an end, Brotmin, 23-Dec-01 09:26 PM, #24
Reply RE: All good things must come to an end, Brotmin (Guest) (Guest), 22-Dec-01 10:21 PM, #20
Reply Above was from Karnavex, he is oft an idiot. n/t, Karnavex (Guest) (Guest), 23-Dec-01 12:59 AM, #21
Reply RE: All good things must come to an end, Brotmin, 23-Dec-01 09:31 PM, #25
Reply RE: All good things must come to an end, Ashrum (Guest) (Guest), 26-Dec-01 01:26 PM, #29
Reply RE: All good things must come to an end, Brotmin, 27-Dec-01 11:39 AM, #30
Reply RE: All good things must come to an end, Jugynheim (Guest) (Guest), 21-Jan-02 03:49 AM, #32
Reply RE: (CON) <SCION> Brotmin the Night's Dark Taskmaster, Xanthrailles, 20-Dec-01 11:33 PM, #1

Derexal (Guest) (Guest)Sun 30-Dec-01 03:58 AM

#4075, "RE: (CON) <SCION> Brotmin the Night's Dark Taskmaster"
In response to Reply #0

Dum De Dum. Won some off ya, and lost some off ya. Was a nice relationship we had anyways. You stuck it out when it was tough, and you were there when it wasn't tough. Through and through, reap the benefits of a well played character. It was cool to see you around, and you were always a worthy foe in a fight, and a fun fella to talk to. Stay cool and all that. Luck on your next.

Derexal

Kaada (Guest) (Guest)Sun 23-Dec-01 05:41 PM

#4076, "RE: (CON) <SCION> Brotmin the Night's Dark Taskmaster"
In response to Reply #0

I have to say I didn't have much speaking interaction with Brotmin, but from what everyone else has said I rather wish I had. The one thing that stood out about you was your willingness to leave the chasm without the company of other Scions. Oftentimes you paid for it, but just the fact that you did it at all is demonstrative of the sort of player you are.

Also, since I never got to apologize in game, I'm so sorry about that death in the Shadow Grove. I got pissed off *for* you when the game crashed right after that.

Anyway...good job.

BrotminSun 23-Dec-01 09:34 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
48 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4077, "RE: (CON) <SCION> Brotmin the Night's Dark Taskmaster"
In response to Reply #23

We had a few bits of talk, but Brotmin really wasn't one to initiate alot of conversations... I never got bored enough for that, I always had plenty to do.

As for that death in the Shadow Grove, the other annoying thing was that you caught me wounded, running from Loborguz. Though I have to say the death in High Lord's, where I had been blinded and disarmed by the Mage Ambassador, sucked more.

Kaada (Guest) (Guest)Mon 24-Dec-01 12:10 AM

#4078, "RE: (CON) <SCION> Brotmin the Night's Dark Taskmaster"
In response to Reply #26

Yeah, those were both pretty unlucky. But that was one of the great things about playing an air form pre-Kurben-et.-al. I could just hang around in the air and swoop down at the exact right moment, or at least at what appeared to be the right moment from vantage point.

For what it's worth, I think I knew about Loborguz in the shadow grove case but had no idea you were blind & wounded in the HL keep. Part of the reason I left everything. Not that I didn't also do that for other people as well.

Brotmin (Guest) (Guest)Fri 21-Dec-01 12:13 AM

#4079, "All good things must come to an end"
In response to Reply #0

Well, that last death wasn't how I expected it to be, but how often are things as we expect?

I held on by the slimmest of threads for a very long time, perhaps seeming cowardly, but I like to think giving alot right up to the end. I had a quite specific idea of what my character thought his place was, and fought hard for it. In the earlier part of Brotmin's life I was extremely reckless, bringing his con way down - but I got more careful in the later part. On top of that, he was way outnumbered most of the earlier time, and in the later actually got some support. Rot was rather nuts to try to deal with, though.

I had 6 con or less from late September until today. I also received con from Valguarnera twice, and once before this was to the point of "one death from con death."

Hopefully I added alot to the Chasm. Though some people complained that I didn't log on enough, I was on at least 10-15 hours a week, and often more. I lived to see many Chancellors, and many opponents. I wasn't the best of fighters, obviously, but I worked hard at getting things done.

On to the farewells. I apologize in advance to anyone I miss, Brotmin met way too many people for me to remember them all.

Battle: There were plenty of you I hated dealing with, though most were pretty respectable.

Loborguz: I'm sure you hated dying to me twice that last day I saw you. If you snapped my wrist, obviously you would have beaten me... but for once I had enough +str and some luck, and beat you. The other death, whatever plan you had didn't quite work. You called me a coward alot... however I was quite happy to walk around alone, as I'm sure you saw. I didn't flee as soon as you attacked, most times, but at least tried to win. If you made me drop my weapons, I ran... but what else would I have done? Brotmin found you damn tough, and respected that, but got annoyed with you expecting him to stay and die.

Meushen: You didn't much like me either. Not that we fought that many times. Brotmin respected your strength, anyhow.

Goapa: I don't know how you got off calling Brotmin a coward. He fought you alone plenty of times, and I don't recall him fleeing once when it was one-on-one, though you fled a bunch of times. Not that I would have expected you to stay, it was a bad matchup for you, but it certainly doesn't make Brotmin a coward.

Tobeldest: We had a few good fights. It was interesting talking with you, though Brotmin saw his place in the Chasm much differently than you saw it.

Vlornik: Your request made me decide I was going to watch you more closely, and ask a Chancellor to do the same... but you were a far cry from getting the position you asked for.

Dawn: You go across the spectrum from characters who never want to fight if they can avoid it, to a few pretty aggressive ones. The more peaceful among you I rarely had many dealings with, and found hard to talk with when I tried. Being peaceful simply made no sense to Brotmin.

Derexal: I hated your fiends, but you kept things interesting. We had a few amusing talks, and if you were around I always knew you'd make trouble sooner or later.

Entropy: Uh, there's Grollaski and... who?

Herald: I wasn't much of the type for sitting around in the Inn, so I didn't get to know any of you.

Maran: The paladins among you were incredibly tough for me to deal with, and plenty of you kept on fighting even when odds were bad, which was nice to see.

Faelmort: Damn you and your rot. I attacked you that last time in Galadon because I didn't want to see if you'd take a flag to rot me, when I knew rot would likely be final death. Least you kept trying though.

Johan: Always respected you fighting when the odds were bad, and we had a bunch of interesting fights. Unfortunate (for me) that you won more often than not.

Bidefahl: I really couldn't do much against you if we met solo, but I did try. Good fighting with you.

Selfren: You drove me nuts in the times when few Scions were ever around. I had to get to the point of dirting at the Archmage as my only defence against you. With that Stand, there was very little I could do.

Nexus: Didn't deal with alot of you, but that war did bring some interesting meetings.

Sielclavin: I wish we'd been able to talk more, you seemed interesting in what little talking we did.

Divox: Damn you, slippery gnome. *chuckle*

Scarab: Didn't get to know any of you, either.

Sylvan: I didn't deal with alot of you either, especially after powers got changed, but a few were around still.

Jugynheim: I hated fighting you those times I did. Especially with your grace, I really didn't have a chance. And when I tried to flee, your walls were sticky too.

Suilvanum: Where did you go? I (as a player) didn't much like it when you became leader, because I never much liked you before you became it, but I'm sure there was plenty of you I missed. Nonetheless, a leader auto-deleting is really bad.

Tribunal: I really didn't spend much time in protected cities, so I didn't get to know you very well.

Gorgan: That one encounter and conversation we had was... interesting. The oft-raiding got annoying, but there's nothing wrong with it, of course, OOC.

Warlock: I met tons of you, and had alot of good fights. Not alot of conversations, but those I did have were sometimes interesting.

Karithia: We fought each other for a long, long time. Keep at it.

Felgaire: I hate dealing with invokers who know what they're doing, unless I have invoker shields or other good support. You whooped me a few times when I met you alone.

And of course, Scion: I got to know quite alot of you, and was always ready for the call of the Chancellors, when I was off wandering alone. Brotmin didn't get nearly as much done with the Chasm as he hoped, but he did get a good bit done, I think. It was also really amusing all the "secret" information he was told by various people... he kept secrets well, too.

Ralemos: Thanks for giving me the place of Taskmaster. Was unfortunate that you got sick of it during the time I was away.

Iillien: Keep at it. We did amazing things, and I'm sure there's more to do.

Halisstra: We had an odd relationship, and didn't really talk much beyond combat and such. I was always happy to have you around, though.

Mobus: Be patient, and show up some more.

Llaiserius: While I really only knew you very, very late in Brotmin's life, you showed good things quickly. Keep it up.

Karnavex: It was good to see you Imm. It was always nice having someone around who knew what it had been like months ago, and you've done the Chasm proud.

Phaistus: I got so mad when you deleted. You had really interesting stuff going on, and you were great to have around. Together we could do almost anything.

Derseklaiet: Keep around. You do well, and what you talked about to me sounded good.

Bauui: I know how rough things are for you, but stick it out. I think you could turn out very well. I'll tell you now, Brotmin talked to several people about you, though he himself wouldn't have told you something like that.

Nywippshk: Where'd you go? You seemed quite competant, and we had a few interesting talks, and then I stopped seeing you.

Varaen: You're way, way too impatient. And Brotmin never really liked you. You were so arrogant, and then after that scroll was posted, you suddenly acted nice. Maybe that was the impression you wanted to give, but it's funny that you say you had so many spies... you didn't strike trustworthiness into me.

Immortals: I didn't deal with most of you directly, but I knew the work was going on in the background, and it was nice to be involved directly in developing Scions, rather than just wondering what was going on.

Valguarnera: Thanks tons for all the involvement in the quest, and listening to the various things I asked of you or suggested. Thanks also for the con, or I'd have been long dead.

To those of you who might have wondered why I didn't reply to any farewells, I was keeping a general policy of not posting at all under this name until the character died.

To those of you who might have wondered who else I had been, I also played Phinitz, among others.

Anyone who wants to talk further is welcome to email me at tralish@sympatico.ca.

Brotmin (Guest) (Guest)Fri 21-Dec-01 12:21 AM

#4105, "My role"
In response to Reply #2

Brotmin was born in the volcano of Kiadana-Rah. His father, Bronail was a career soldier, who was skilled both in the use of his weapons, maces, and in devising tactics. However, Bronail had never moved above the rank of grunt, the lowest rank in Lord Kiadana-Rah's army, for one simple reason. Bronail was a coward. While he might give useful advice to his leaders, his cowardice on the battlefield earned him nothing but contempt. Bronail never understood why he was not promoted, but he did realize his skills. He decided to teach them to Brotmin, in hopes that Brotmin would find more success. At the mere age of 15 years old, quite young for a fire giant, Brotmin began learning the technique of fighting with maces.

Brotmin proved quite skilled with maces, and a good student of the tactics his father taught, as well. At the age of 40, he was drafted into the army as nearly every other giant was. In his first days, older giants taunted him with comments about his father. They called his father a fool and a coward. Brotmin grew angry and fought them, as they had hoped for, but proved more than a match after his training with his maces. He heard their bones crunch under the maces, and found a great pleasure in causing these sounds. However, as he thought later on the fights, he came to realize that their judgements of his father had to be right - with his skills, Bronail should have been easily promoted unless there was a good reason, and this was a good reason. Brotmin decided he would not make the same mistake. He had been blessed to be taught a weapon which he now found quite enjoyable, and he would use it.

During the battles which came, Brotmin showed ferocity in his attacks which made most other giants look timid. However, he did not attack blindly... he used his tactical knowledge to see the best ways and places to attack, and caused great damage in the battles. The officers of the army recognized what he did, and were pleased. He was promoted relatively quickly, reaching the rank of squadron leader in a mere 20 years. He was now in command of 25 fire giants, guiding them powerfully with his tactical knowledge. Growing to any higher rank was nearly impossible for any giant not related at least remotely to Lord Kiadana-Rah, but Brotmin enjoyed leading his squadron into battle. He felt powerful, and did not believe their army could ever be defeated... true, there were battles which they lost, but the army continued on. He gained new insight, however, at one enormous battle.

This battle had been anticipated for some time, and it was well-known that the storm giants were bringing an unusually strong force against them. Because of this, Lord Kiadana-Rah negotiated with the Matron Mother of the drow, and managed to convince her to send five drow invokers to aid in the battle. A select number of officers were called to Lord Kiadana-Rah's tent just before the battle, and told to stand still while the invokers surrounded them with elemental shields. Brotmin was among those given these shields. They surrounded him with odd energy, but he was told they would protect him, and when battle began, he flung himself into the fighting. He felt how much the shields lessened the impact of blows to him, letting him fight even harder. As the battle went on, he saw the invokers flinging balls of fire, shards of ice, and bolts of lightning into the opposing army. He saw how the spells felled storm giants instantly, split squads into isolated soldiers, and otherwise turned the battle in his army's favour. He also saw, for a moment, a point where a storm giant managed to break through to the mages. With a single blow, a mage fell dead. The fire giants managed to close ranks and hold off the storm giants again, but Brotmin saw how easily that mage had been killed. When the battle was finished, Lord Kiadana-Rah's army was victorious. Brotmin decided that he should definitely give the magic used some further study, but the remaining drow invokers left the army's camp right after the battle, not even giving Brotmin a chance to speak with them. He would not be put off so easily, however... though he had never seen such an enormous impact from them, he had seen gains from the magic used by Tohr Nacktin-Rah and the few other anti-paladins among Lord Kiadana-Rah's army.

Brotmin found some time with Tohr, and convinced him to allow Brotmin to watch and study the magic he used. Brotmin even tried to learn some of it, but found he could not channel a lick of magic. Brotmin did learn much from Tohr and the other anti-paladins, both about the magic they used and from their speaking of other magic which they did not know, such as the elemental shields the invokers had cast. Brotmin was also amazed at how little study the anti-paladins did. He knew how he always worked to find new techniques and tactics in warfare, and trained the grunts in his squadron to learn new methods and to show him if they found something he had not taught them. The anti-paladins seemed remarkably complacent in their magic, happy with what knowledge they had. Brotmin once mentioned this to Tohr, and Tohr was quite offended. He said that the time it took to try to learn such things was not worth using. He spoke of a group called the Scions of Eternal Night, who spent quite a lot of time on such study, but said that it was a waste of their time. Brotmin did not say so, but he did not agree. He had seen how much their army had gained from only five invokers casting magic into a battle with a thousand storm giants. He felt that the more this magic was developed, the stronger the army that had it would be... but Lord-Kiadana's army could never be that strong as long as its only permanent mage members felt time developing magic was a 'waste'. Brotmin thought perhaps these 'Scions of Eternal Night' could be convinced to join with Lord Kiadana-Rah's army.

Brotmin went through the chain of command and managed to get an audience with Lord Kiadana-Rah. He proposed that he be allowed to leave this army, in order to join the army of the Scions, and to convince them to become part of Lord Kiadana-Rah's army. Lord Kiadana-Rah saw what power could be gained if this plan worked, and remembered how costly the aid of the drow had been, for just one battle. He gave Brotmin permission. Brotmin did not say so, but he thought that if such an alliance could not be formed, the army of the Scions must either be or could become more powerful than Lord Kiadana-Rah's army, because they had so many mages. If they were mostly mages, however, that might be the reason they were not strong enough for him to have heard much about them. Mages could be killed quickly if forced to participate in physical combat, as Brotmin had seen. He felt that the strongest army would be one with a good number of mages who were hungry for new forms of magic, but also with strong fighters who would keep in front of the mages and allow them to use their magic fairly safely. He also knew, from his time in the elemental shields, how powerful a warrior could himself be, when given the benefits of magic. Brotmin left the volcano in hopes of joining the Scions of Eternal Night, and seeing how great an army they could make Lord Kiadana-Rah's... or could become themselves. He knew that he had been guided this way by the various events of his life, and that his skill and his courage might let him rise in the Scions just as they did in Lord Kiadana-Rah's army.

Faelmort (Guest) (Guest)Fri 21-Dec-01 02:02 AM

#4102, "I'll be one of the first to reply."
In response to Reply #2

Well first off let me say that you seemed like a great character. I always wanted to talk with you more, but I rarely get the chance to talk to Scions like I want to. You also never know whoes into and whoes not... and what your getting yourself into when you do talk to them. (Some people just have shitty rps)

I think you nailed me once with someone else while I was ranking... when my sanc fell just as I attacked. *grumble*

Then there was the time I saw you in the dwarf forest. I had two wide gold rings and Durin's axe... but I charged in. I made you lose a hammer, and was demonfiring you to death when you stunned me. Summoned, slept ... and the rest is history for that story. I was mad =).

Funny thing about Galadon on your last day... I had thought Karel left, but my detect invis was down. So I went charging in thinkin it was just you so I was minimally prepared. Ah well, I got away. Anyways guy, good character, nice role... all around well played. Play a Lightwalker next dammit!

BrotminSat 22-Dec-01 11:08 AM
48 posts
#4103, "Heh... you think I made you mad..."
In response to Reply #4

Do you have any idea how annoying it is to be rotted when you have 4 con? You did it at least twice, maybe three times. You may have wondered why I didn't die the last time you did it. That'll actually be one of my best memories as a Scion... the other Scion heroes got together and lent me all their +con gear to keep me alive.

Faelmort (Guest) (Guest)Mon 24-Dec-01 12:38 AM

#4104, "RE: Heh... you think I made you mad..."
In response to Reply #13

I kinda feel bad man, really. I always cry when my characters die, and I know how nerve racking it can be when you get down into the low cons.

I was actually VERY surprised when you didn't die. Because you died in maybe four or five ticks the -first- time I rotted you. Oh well, thanks for mentioning me.

Johan (Guest) (Guest)Fri 21-Dec-01 06:05 AM

#4099, "Well -"
In response to Reply #2

>Johan: Always respected you fighting
>when the odds were bad,
>and we had a bunch
>of interesting fights. Unfortunate
> for me) that you won
>more often than not.

Well, let me just say that I really liked Brotmin. You just seemed (from an adversarial standpoint) like a solid guy that would do exactly what is expected of him. The best example I can think of is a time I faced you and Hejduk in Arkham. Even enlarged I was so lagged up by you that I had to restrict my actions to a minimum "just in case" and no offense to Hedjuk (we all make mistakes), but he totally let you down (He just sat there bashing even when it was clear I was prepp'd enough to outlast the two of you) -- anyway, you didn't deserve to fall there. There were actually a couple of times when you really didn't "deserve" to fall, holding up your end even as your groupmates crumbled around you or something.. I guess that's what I mean by "solid".

I respected you enough to try hard not to loot you the times you did fall except your sack (which was always well stocked ) and I'm sure you would have done the same for me if I didn't have a habit of dying around fifty hungry Scions.

And, I only have one log of a fight against you and it's not exactly a good one (it's a 2 on 1) but I'll post it on the logboard.

Anyway, well done - looking forward to seeing what you have in store next.

BrotminSat 22-Dec-01 11:12 AM
48 posts
#4100, "Full looting"
In response to Reply #5

>I respected you enough to try
>hard not to loot you
>the times you did fall
>except your sack (which was
>always well stocked )
>and I'm sure you would
>have done the same for
>me if I didn't have
>a habit of dying around
>fifty hungry Scions.

I tried to avoid full-looting if there was time to look through a corpse. Unless, that is, I killed someone at the Chasm... Brotmin felt if you came to the Chasm, you knew what you were going to get. In other places, unfortunetly for you, there were always lots of Scions around, you're right.

I do have some logs with you, I'll search through my logs and hopefully post a few.

Johan (Guest) (Guest)Sun 23-Dec-01 03:53 PM

#4101, "RE: Full looting"
In response to Reply #14

>I do have some logs with
>you, I'll search through my
>logs and hopefully post a
>few.

Yeah, bring on your logs - The ones I'd really like to see are fights with battleragers, though. Want to see how you handled that.

Karithia (Guest) (Guest)Fri 21-Dec-01 08:25 AM

#4098, "RE: All good things must come to an end"
In response to Reply #2

Brotmin,

You were a great character and a good enemy to have. I enjoyed our few talks, especially our last one, as two enemies spoke of respect to one another. I was always certain to fight you and Karnavex, two people I knew would not shy from a fight. You are one of the two best warriors I know, the other being Johan. At least one good thing about you dying, don't have to worry about those maces against my head! Any way, I am sure the Chasm will miss you and wish you well on your next character. From one old elf to one old giant, you were great.

Karithia El'feanor

Goapa (Guest) (Guest)Fri 21-Dec-01 01:13 PM

#4096, "I was talking as a character not as a player"
In response to Reply #2

You were indeed pretty brave for a Scion and ventured out a lot on your own. As a character and his view of you is much different than a player point of view. Well done and it is good to see someone con-death in Scions. The polearm spec v. thief is a very bad matchup for the thief. I remember getting lucky twice with blackjack and I almost had you dead at North Gate galadon that one time but instead I wimpied because I had it set for a cabal raid and forgot to take it off.
Damn.
The rest of the time I just got schooled by you one on one.
"If you can't beat them on the field of battle, beat them in the ego!"
Go motto

Good luck and way to go.

Go

BrotminSat 22-Dec-01 11:18 AM
48 posts
#4097, "True... but."
In response to Reply #7

I didn't understand how the character could even believe that, unless he just fooled himself into thinking Brotmin had acted differently than he had. I heard plenty of rager views of what a fool I was for doing what I did... but I never heard one convincing to Brotmin.

Iillien (Guest) (Guest)Fri 21-Dec-01 03:19 PM

#4094, "RE: All good things must come to an end"
In response to Reply #2

I wish I could have been there. I am sure things would have been diffrent. I have been trying to play alot more to get things swinging again. I am losing alot of people and it shows right now. This is probly my biggest lost as far as my char is concerned. When I first became Chancellor I really had no idea what I was going to do next. Halisstra was not very friendly at first but Brotmin in a way took me in and and protected me and filled me in as to what was up. In the end I felt like I was protecting you. I really did not mind it was nice to have you around, especially during the bad times. Guess everyone is expecting me up here next?

-Iillien

BrotminSat 22-Dec-01 11:15 AM
48 posts
#4095, "RE: All good things must come to an end"
In response to Reply #8

> When I first became
>Chancellor I really had no
>idea what I was going
>to do next. Halisstra
>was not very friendly at
>first but Brotmin in a
>way took me in and
>and protected me and filled
>me in as to what
>was up.

You were in charge of getting something done that Brotmin wanted done, so you were important, more so than most Scion mages (who were all important to him to some degree). I think I filled you in plenty before you became Chancellor, too. You were around tons, which also made Brotmin happy. When you die, you'll die... until then, be around.

ValguarneraFri 21-Dec-01 04:00 PM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4092, "RE: All good things must come to an end"
In response to Reply #2

I have a lot to say about this character, but I'll try to keep it to the points others haven't touched on.

- What I really liked about your roleplay is that you took a fairly straightforward role and made it live and breathe. We get a lot of characters who seem to think that roleplaying is a contest to be the most unusual combination of things we'll allow. ("Ooh. I'll be the first Orc Tribunal Jullias-follower druid!") It's refreshing to see people who recognize the difference between novelty and caricature, and simply think up a fine role, and carry it out with vigor. Brotmin had lots of color, and made it look effortless.

- Another character who showed up and did his thing when times were good, and when times were bad. You fought hard, and made your foes earn every victory, and pay for any mistake. You (and one of your recent foes) did a fine job of showing people how a non-Battle warrior can still be potent at the hero ranks. You took a lot of deaths that you can chalk up to Sphere Courage, and you got a lot more tenacious with time.

- You were fun to watch age a little. The newer folk knew who Brotmin was, and it was cool to see you flexing the grizzled ol' veteran muscles.

- Thanks for the chats. I like people who just ask when they want to know what is going on, and state what they'd like to see. I think you found the IC flow of information accurate, and I hope we were responsive. There were a few times where we asked ourselves what we should get you as a reward, and the answer was always "I think Brotmin will need CON." I thought you got 4 total, but it might have been 3. There's probably more than a few bludgeoned people who wish we gave you a big pile of copper instead.

- I believe I owe you a posthumous favor. Being a lich of my word, send an email, and it'll happen.

From the pen of:
valguarnera@carrionfields.com">Valguarnera Trisseptia

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

BrotminSat 22-Dec-01 11:26 AM
48 posts
#4093, "RE: All good things must come to an end"
In response to Reply #9

> Brotmin had lots of
>color, and made it look
>effortless.

It was a simple and fun role to play... a made a real effort to not be a human in a funny suit, too.

>- Thanks for the chats.
>I like people who just
>ask when they want to
>know what is going on,
>and state what they'd like
>to see. I think
>you found the IC flow
>of information accurate, and I
>hope we were responsive.
>There were a few times
>where we asked ourselves what
>we should get you as
>a reward, and the answer
>was always "I think Brotmin
>will need CON."
>I thought you got 4
>total, but it might have
>been 3. There's probably
>more than a few bludgeoned
>people who wish we gave
>you a big pile of
>copper instead.

Rarely was Brotmin in a rush to know things, but if he saw you, he'd try to talk... his view of the Gods was a bit different than most. They all deserved respect, but they were more like higher commanders of their respective armies than "superior beings".

And as for the rewards, I did think a few times it'd be fun to get a special skill. You might even recall the one time we spoke about it, though he honestly was more trying to get a skill for all of his division of the army, than just himself. Making all of his division more powerful would make him lots more powerful. That all being said, the con was very, very useful. I actually got 5 I believe. I got two from you as the quest was moving, I noticed my con at 5 when it had been down to 4, shortly after that (so I believe I had gotten silently tossed one), and I got two more from you after the ritual. Even if I had had a great urge to play this character alot longer, I wouldn't have asked for more con (as a few people said I should) because that was plenty to have gotten already.

Divox (Guest) (Guest)Fri 21-Dec-01 05:44 PM

#4090, "RE: All good things must come to an end"
In response to Reply #2

>Divox: Damn you, slippery gnome. *chuckle*

Yeah, and I'm sure you wanted me to stick around against a fire giant mace spec with two maces of despair and in a great suit for warriors. *smirk* One thing us little gnome warrior's learned is when you get hit three times from you and see you've lost half you health, you run!!! *wink*

Just like Meushen, I really really hate mace specs.

Divox

BrotminSat 22-Dec-01 11:27 AM
48 posts
#4091, "Well..."
In response to Reply #10

Of course I wanted you to stick around. I didn't *expect* you to stick around... but it would have been nice. *chuckle*

Bauui (Guest) (Guest)Fri 21-Dec-01 06:39 PM

#4089, "RE: All good things must come to an end"
In response to Reply #2

Damn, this is a pretty major loss for the Chasm. I've interacted with you with several Scions, and at first I thought you were just some lame warrior who only logged on when there were plenty of others about. Boy, was I wrong. You, along with Karnavex, were the two I looked up to the most in Scion, and that showed whether I wanted it to or not with all of my Scions. I just hope the next Taskmaster is halfway decent, though he won't be able to fill in your shoes. Now I have no one to hit the wastes with me every day :/

Selfren (Guest) (Guest)Fri 21-Dec-01 08:52 PM

#4088, "RE: All good things must come to an end"
In response to Reply #2

>Selfren: You drove me nuts
>in the times when few
>Scions were ever around.
>I had to get to
>the point of dirting at
>the Archmage as my only
>defence against you. With
>that Stand, there was very
>little I could do.

I enjoyed your character as Selfren, you werent afraid to defend when I raided *cough Illien*, I didnt get to interact with you at all with my new character however, I am back in the fields and on break, YAY hehe, see ya in the fields Brotmin.

P.S. always kinda felt bad bout killing ya, Selfren was a pretty decked paladin with his virtues.

LoborguzSat 22-Dec-01 10:15 PM
0 posts
#4086, "RE: All good things must come to an end"
In response to Reply #2

I have a real dichotomy in my mind for you. On the one hand, you couldn't even fight an even duel with me, you had to have the healer word you out. You were sanc'd, resisted, enlarged, hasted (I assume, if not, that's your own fault ) and all that, and still you couldn't stick around and fight on your own. YOu had the healer word you out. That really pissed me off.

on the other hand, you didnt just sit around and make a butt print in your guild, and you more often than not were willing to talk more than just insults.

all of that aside, simply lasting aslong as you did is an achievement, let alone lasting so long and doing well. trust me, i know what longevity is about these days.

As for your last day where you got me twice, chalk it up to your own skill, and to the changes to bloodthirst. Had I thirsted, I think it might have come out differently, but you never can tell. I should have tried to kot you again, rather than kan. the break is the key. But I didn't, and you capitalized, and that's to your credit. My bad. I'll not make that mistake again. *grins*

Good luck in the future.

BrotminSun 23-Dec-01 09:26 PM
48 posts
#4087, "RE: All good things must come to an end"
In response to Reply #19

>I have a real dichotomy in
>my mind for you.
>On the one hand, you
>couldn't even fight an even
>duel with me, you had
>to have the healer word
>you out. You were
>sanc'd, resisted, enlarged, hasted (I
>assume, if not, that's your
>own fault ) and all
>that, and still you couldn't
>stick around and fight on
>your own. YOu had
>the healer word you out.
>That really pissed me off.

I wasn't hasted, because at the time I didn't know where to get a haste item. I was missing one of my protections, too. I'm not complaining, however. But I didn't "have the healer word me out". He did so by his own choice, and I argued with him about it some... he would have been much happier if I hadn't dueled with you at all. Would that have made you happier?

>all of that aside, simply lasting
>aslong as you did is
>an achievement, let alone lasting
>so long and doing well.
> trust me, i know
>what longevity is about these
>days.

It's a bit harder to tell just how much you're around, since you hide, but I knew that you were around plenty.

>As for your last day where
>you got me twice, chalk
>it up to your own
>skill, and to the changes
>to bloodthirst. Had I
>thirsted, I think it might
>have come out differently, but
>you never can tell.
>I should have tried to
>kot you again, rather than
>kan. the break is
>the key. But I
>didn't, and you capitalized, and
>that's to your credit.
>My bad. I'll not
>make that mistake again. *grins*

Out of curiousity, just what were you trying to do that last time I killed you, at the nightwalker? If you feel you can't tell me, that's fine, but I'm pretty curious. The only idea I could figure was that you wanted Kolun to jack anyone who came out for you. I came out enlarged, to make sure he couldn't.

Brotmin (Guest) (Guest)Sat 22-Dec-01 10:21 PM

#4083, "RE: All good things must come to an end"
In response to Reply #2

Ack! It really busted me up sitting all safe in the heavens and watching you go at it with just a few deaths left. I think Valg got tired of me asking "Hows Brotmin doing?" all the time. Just can't do justice to how you aided with Karn's development. You were there the whole time with me bro and I thank you for it. Through the good and bad (there was a lot more bad than most remember) you were there and never falterd in your roleplay. It is the little things I remember you not doing that also set you apart such as, not trying to tell mages how best to use there spells or not giving tips to assassians on there skills. Thank the dark gods above for sending me a mace spec to travel with, and one with skills at that. I keep wishing to speak of the good times but there were just too many. Well with you and phaistus gone that only leaves one more of the crew to go. I hope that in one form or another we end up on the same side the fence again. It sucks that that no good, Shoaki loving, Johan outlived ya. Thanks tons for everything and I'll see you in the fields.

P.S. : A sign of a good player is that you make other players want to play you class with the same skill. You made me want to play a warrior.

Karnavex (Guest) (Guest)Sun 23-Dec-01 12:59 AM

#4085, "Above was from Karnavex, he is oft an idiot. n/t"
In response to Reply #20

n/t

BrotminSun 23-Dec-01 09:31 PM
48 posts
#4084, "RE: All good things must come to an end"
In response to Reply #20

Now that's some kind of compliment, helping a character develop, when their development eventually was good enough to Imm. It was great having you around too, especially in the bad times. It was nice knowing that someone else was around who'd seen most of the changes I'd seen.

As for the not telling people how to use their spells/skills... I occassionally talked with mages about the use of spells, but never in a way that made it sound like I knew more about them than they did. Brotmin didn't know very much about magic, and he didn't claim to. I had some duties to talk with fighters about tactics, but rarely talked about things that related to actual class skills, just more about general kinds of strategy.

It was fun being with you too, even if you did go off into the Heavens. And I agree, damn that Johan.

Ashrum (Guest) (Guest)Wed 26-Dec-01 01:26 PM

#4081, "RE: All good things must come to an end"
In response to Reply #2

what you didn't think alot of dawnie are peaceful like me eh? heh oh well you said rarely anyway I hated running into you with only what I had on. two longswords, jacket and a pair of pants. I can't belive that time I was walking in the plains and a hole alot of you attack me and I lived. I guess it was a warning so I stayed away. Well good luck on your next char.

BrotminThu 27-Dec-01 11:39 AM
48 posts
#4082, "RE: All good things must come to an end"
In response to Reply #29

I had no qualms about killing a peaceful Dawnie when I could. They might not fight alot, but they still defend the Fortress and help the Maran in other ways. They're part of the Wars. You weren't a Dawnie anymore after a bit, so I paid less attention to you.

Jugynheim (Guest) (Guest)Mon 21-Jan-02 03:49 AM

#4080, "RE: All good things must come to an end"
In response to Reply #2

I'm sorry to see you go. You were one of the few Scion who I really admired for your grit and determination. Granted I never got to see it from the Scion-perspective but 'I' was around during those months you've mentioned when it seemed like even a brave lone scion at the hero levels was a rare occurence. More often than not you were that brave lone scion.

The me behind Jugynheim felt bad about hitting you when I was interviewing and you'd walk through on your way to get roots, but likewise I didn't have much choice in the matter. Something akin to you catching me flat-footed on eastern or wandering in the desert. But still I thought alot of Brotmin and even though we were enemies it's enemies who have substance that make conflict interesting and fun. Good luck on the next, you did a great job with this one.
Jugy

XanthraillesThu 20-Dec-01 11:33 PM
391 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#4106, "RE: (CON) <SCION> Brotmin the Night's Dark Taskmaster"
In response to Reply #0

Damn man this character was great I always liked him. I never regretted getting the position for you as Ralemos. I did regret killing you as Bidefahl especially that time when you were naked. If you get the chance stop by irc some time I have some things to tell you. You were exaclt what a warrior should be. Good luck on the next

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #4074 Previous topic | Next topic