Subject: "(CON LOSS) [None] Zoel the Elder Changeling" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #40593
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 19-Aug-05 04:08 PM
Member since 22nd Sep 2024
17176 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#40593, "(CON LOSS) [None] Zoel the Elder Changeling"

Fri Aug 19 16:07:49 2005

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 15th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Zoel perished, never to return.

Race:half-elf
Class:shapeshifter
Level:46
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:218

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Zoel the Elder Changeling, Azerix (Guest), 21-Aug-05 04:33 PM, #16
Reply I was try to...well help you out, ic..., Zoel (Guest), 22-Aug-05 12:00 AM, #18
Reply Small bit of constructive advice:, nepenthe, 21-Aug-05 12:37 AM, #13
Reply Well, my next one, is relatively typical, Zoel (Guest), 21-Aug-05 12:38 PM, #14
Reply OK Goodbyes and crazy info on zoel, Tiera, 19-Aug-05 04:33 PM, #1
     Reply RE: OK Goodbyes and crazy info on zoel, Skryth (Guest), 19-Aug-05 10:18 PM, #2
     Reply Hey, what can I say...I actually tried to make a charac..., Tiera, 19-Aug-05 10:21 PM, #3
          Reply Oh, feel free to hit me up on aim, if you want, Tiera, 19-Aug-05 10:23 PM, #4
     Reply RE: OK Goodbyes and crazy info on zoel, Arvam, 20-Aug-05 02:17 AM, #5
     Reply It's not that, Tiera, 20-Aug-05 02:34 AM, #6
          Reply RE: It's not that, Arvam, 20-Aug-05 03:15 AM, #8
     Reply Goodbye, Frearrir (Guest), 20-Aug-05 03:05 AM, #7
     Reply I should buy a pbf just to show how bad the pk record....., Tiera, 20-Aug-05 10:38 AM, #9
     Reply RE: OK Goodbyes and crazy info on zoel, Koai (Guest), 20-Aug-05 12:44 PM, #10
     Reply For the most part, I never geared zoel..., Tiera, 20-Aug-05 12:46 PM, #11
          Reply Bleh, never type anything when you are half asleep, Zoel (Guest), 21-Aug-05 12:59 PM, #15
     Reply RE: OK Goodbyes and crazy info on zoel, jemr, 20-Aug-05 07:39 PM, #12
     Reply RE: OK Goodbyes and crazy info on zoel, Jaegran (Guest), 21-Aug-05 05:05 PM, #17
          Reply I have been playing rp games my entire life..., Zoel (Guest), 22-Aug-05 12:03 AM, #19

Azerix (Guest)Sun 21-Aug-05 04:33 PM

#40688, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Zoel the Elder Changeling"
In response to Reply #0

Was fun chatting around with you and all. But i must tell you thing.. When you see a person in denial about something, don't tell him the truth.. That will only make him melanchilic and anti social .. Other than that, thanks for helping out.

Zoel (Guest)Mon 22-Aug-05 12:00 AM

#40709, "I was try to...well help you out, ic..."
In response to Reply #16

since I had a bit experience with rangers, but, I couldn't do it too much, because my character eventually got bored and was like, blah, I am not going to waste any more time, but yeah, thanks, for taking me "somewhat" seriously

nepentheSun 21-Aug-05 12:37 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#40661, "Small bit of constructive advice:"
In response to Reply #0

Instead of doing another role with a split personality or a posessing spirit or something of the kind, consider trying to play a fairly archetypal role and try to make it shine. E.g. instead of being the wandering knight possessed by the ghost of a rabid mongoose, try your hand at just being this simple, pious, wandering knight (or whatever) and RP the hell out of it. I think there's real potential there that's often obscured by the overly weird characters.

Don't seek the spotlight; when you're shining, it, and everyone, will do the seeking for you.

Good luck, and have fun.

Zoel (Guest)Sun 21-Aug-05 12:38 PM

#40678, "Well, my next one, is relatively typical"
In response to Reply #13

Cannot say, totally typical, but its close enough, and I think it will work, but no one knows who it is...MUHAHA! Though, I like hard roles, since, well I am a writer, so I come out with crazy stuff in my small little mind(I did have one relatively typical role, Inea, so I can do it ^_^)

But, yeah thanks, I assume you watched Zoel a bit, or at least read his role, or something

TieraFri 19-Aug-05 04:33 PM
Member since 10th Sep 2004
22 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#40595, "OK Goodbyes and crazy info on zoel"
In response to Reply #0

Zoel, wow, what can I say? I am not a newb(well not a complete one) but I did give off that idea to most people(mostly on purpose really) and there were a few times I died on purpose which is not a good thing since I suck at pk anyway(I'm a girl afterall!)...wow think about that. This char was meant to be a complete pansy, no pk, and the original idea for him was an outlander, but I decided to bend it and make it into herlad(HAHA)... BIG MISTAKE. I have played one other herald before(Inea) and that worked out, but zoel had no business being a herald. Anyway a few things about him:

1) He had a duel personality. You know sometimes he will rip you apart, and then the next minute...he is going why did I do that..one personality was an easily angerable one(and rather bloodthirsty one at that, but he still couldn't anyone) and the other one was general nice one.

2) For those who are wandering: Lia was a parrot. Yes he is so mentally unstable, that he fell in love with a parrot. Makes you all feel kind of stupid for comforting him, eh?

3) I can't believe I found over 45 birds on this character. Didn't even know all of them exist, but hey it worked out for my role. I think this is enough for crazy tidbits, now for the goodbyes.

Jemr: Yes, my great friend, yay! So nice to my complaining self(rp, all roleplay, sorry if I got annoying) and he was good to me. Thanks for helping me out rank(As you helped out Nyrka, as well, which was one of my characters). And thank you for everything you did. I was dreading the con loss, but ah well, it was happening(first character to con loss, and in fact, all my others I deleted when my con got below like 14) I would love to talk to you on aim or something, if you want to. I have a few things to tell you, if you are interested.

Jeagran: In character, I hated you for insulting my "passions" Sorry man if I went overboard, it was entertaining for a bit, but then it just got...well blown out of proportion, you are one of the few people who got to see my "second personality"

Skryth: Umm, I know I probably annoyed you with all my complaining, and I really tried to do whatever I could to become an Outlander, but it all ended, yesterday, on my birthday :< when I found out I had to get immortal intervention with only two deaths left. Well thanks anyway, I think I will soon make an outlander, just for the fun of it.

Arminas: Thanks for helping me rank as well, and being nice to Zoel(not many were nice to him, unfortunately). And thank you Sessha, for humoring his bird obsession.

Immortal:
Arvam: Bleh, met you once, it was kind of sad, but oh well, you are all probably busy.

Anyone who talked to me through the Galadon healer: Thank you for making my rp experience better, I needed to find more birds, MORE BIRDS! hehe, thanks whoever that was.

Umm if I forgot you, sorry, just post something and I will reply

Skryth (Guest)Fri 19-Aug-05 10:18 PM

#40605, "RE: OK Goodbyes and crazy info on zoel"
In response to Reply #1

Wow, you were probably one of the top 5 strangest characters I've ever interacted with. I felt so bad when I couldn't induct you after I put you through everything. I knew it was frowned upon for characters to cabal jump, so I wanted to make it harder for you to make up for that, not knowing only Imms can induct after that. I thought you were very new with how many deaths you ate, especially as your shifter combo. I cringed after everytime I'd here you say I lost all the items again, then five minutes later I would get the same tell. Overall though I liked our interactions and you really kept me on my toes, with all your mood swings. For some reason I always pictured you being played by a crazy russian guy who was swigging vodka from the bottle as they played. Good luck with your next one.

TieraFri 19-Aug-05 10:21 PM
22 posts
#40606, "Hey, what can I say...I actually tried to make a charac..."
In response to Reply #2

A complete pansy, and duel personality. did I pull that off alright?

TieraFri 19-Aug-05 10:23 PM
22 posts
#40607, "Oh, feel free to hit me up on aim, if you want"
In response to Reply #3

RulerofSaturn4

ArvamSat 20-Aug-05 02:17 AM
218 posts
#40614, "RE: OK Goodbyes and crazy info on zoel"
In response to Reply #1

Actually it was kinda bad timing. The bird note you sent was genuinely pretty cool I thought, but the insane thing made it kinda hard to follow where you were going with the character. Your idea of building that conservatory was a good one, but kinda hard to actually play out. There's a few things you coulda done with it, but yeah, in the end actually having some sorta tangible end and gain from it is kinda hard to play out. I also had a week long vacation where I was pretty absent so I wasn't able to watch you and keep up with you as much as I'd have liked. When I got back, you were pretty much at con-death so, well, that kinda sucked. Anyway, you had some good ideas and moments with the char, but we just had bad timing as far as meeting up.

One slight thing. You don't gotta wait until I'm vis to pray. I sorta noticed you here and there before, but I wasn't vis. If I'm around and someone hollers at the shrine I'll usually show up unless I'm swamped.

TieraSat 20-Aug-05 02:34 AM
22 posts
#40616, "It's not that"
In response to Reply #5

I pretty much prayed to you, like everyday for a month, so I pretty much gave up on it. No god has ever came anyway, so I figured that I wasnt good enough or something for it

ArvamSat 20-Aug-05 03:15 AM
218 posts
#40619, "RE: It's not that"
In response to Reply #6

Well hell, maybe our times didn't mesh like I thought, or it was during my other brief AWOL period. Anyway, it wasn't that you weren't good enough, I just wasn't around or was being a space cadet. :p General rule, at least with me, there's no sorta 'not good enough'. I don't care how good or not good you are, if you're trying, I'm gonna try to show up and at least interact. That said, sometimes I end up in brief periods of 'deadbeat dad' mode where I don't pay as much attention as I should. That aside, don't take a non-response as a 'you're not good enough' sign.

Frearrir (Guest)Sat 20-Aug-05 03:05 AM

#40617, "Goodbye"
In response to Reply #1

I never figured out why you wanted to be an Outlander. On the basis of the little I've heard, Fre wouldn't had inducted you(He isn't a leader, so it doesn't matter that much what he thinks. More talk could have convinced him to think otherwise though.), as he wasn't sure that it was your way. Fre's impression of you was: He just wants to fight. You were a hard person to understand, and Fre failed to do so. Skryth probably knows better than I do, though. Anyway, I was fairly confident that you wouldn't get in based on the way you described your previous Inn-sitting(hero induction has it's dangers, such as not having enough wilderness hours). Good luck with your next!

Frearrir

TieraSat 20-Aug-05 10:38 AM
22 posts
#40631, "I should buy a pbf just to show how bad the pk record....."
In response to Reply #7

it is quite funny, actually, really, but yes, you did not really know my character as well, the original role idea was to be an outlander, really, but I have never been an outlander, so...yeah, I tried really

Koai (Guest)Sat 20-Aug-05 12:44 PM

#40639, "RE: OK Goodbyes and crazy info on zoel"
In response to Reply #1

Well...
Koai as a character enjoyed killing you

me as a player.. NOT...
you were never partly dressed.. and just a couple of trips it was done
but... our talks was fun..

TieraSat 20-Aug-05 12:46 PM
22 posts
#40640, "For the most part, I never geared zoel..."
In response to Reply #10

IT was great, didnt matter if I got full looted, just got back up and continued doing whatever I wanted to, besides Zoel did not want to fight you: For one thing, you were partly bird, two you didnt try to kill birds for no reason...so he actually rather falling then you falling

Zoel (Guest)Sun 21-Aug-05 12:59 PM

#40679, "Bleh, never type anything when you are half asleep"
In response to Reply #11

Zoel, rather fall then see you fall. Ok that makes more sense, but then again, I went to be at 6 am in the morning(long night, a no, not playing cf)

jemrSat 20-Aug-05 07:39 PM
Member since 20th Aug 2005
3 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#40648, "RE: OK Goodbyes and crazy info on zoel"
In response to Reply #1

Ah dual personalities, I didn't figure that out, though I did obviously notice the wild mood swings, heh. It's too bad we never seemed to get a chance to learn together for long, I wanted to see what form you'd learn in the end. Would have been so much easier to escape pk with a final air form. It was fun looking around for birds though, even if IC jemr was a bit annoyed that you didn't consider his penguin a real bird. Can probably reach me at milwbuck03 on AIM if you want to talk some.

Jaegran (Guest)Sun 21-Aug-05 05:05 PM

#40689, "RE: OK Goodbyes and crazy info on zoel"
In response to Reply #1

Zoel confused the hell out of me. OOC, I wanted nothing but to give you encouragement on getting your menangorie idea off the ground. Personally, I wasn't too hot on the idea, but anything that could help Heralds is good. OOC I really hope you know that rp-ing with you was extremely frustrating and difficult. I found for the most part we were arguing about nothing I really cared about, however, IC when two sphere passion characters argue, it's kind of hard not to blow things out of proportion. OOC I just wanted to get on with my life

Please listen to Nep's sagely advice. The issue is this... Having the role of multiple personalities is hard on people who don't know it's in your role. There were times where your "second" personality came out, and I dismissed it as you not RP-ing very well. And when you're a Herald....well, we know the out come. The end result looked to the rest of us that you would hop out of character and turn into a very self destructive whiny nusance, which turns out was your RP...we didn't know that at the time and thus refuesed to play into it. Now that I know, kudos for giving it ago, it'll be fun to see what you do when you focus on a role.

Lastly, everyone should know that I'm the biggest sissy on the MUD, and I'm male. Being female has nothing to do with how good you are in a PK situation. Role up a duergar axe spec and go bash assassins for a while.

See you in the fields

Zoel (Guest)Mon 22-Aug-05 12:03 AM

#40710, "I have been playing rp games my entire life..."
In response to Reply #17

And I take rp, very seriously, and in fact sometimes I got angry ooc, thinking you were breaking role(PMS days, probably) and then when I thought about it, damn yeah, my character...is not a nice person to get along with when you anger him. (his second personality, wanted to rip you apart into pieces, but the first was...bleh, Jaegran, at least he doesn't kill me and my birds!) It was kind of difficult, and actually I set up trigger words and statements that made him switch. You would notice I got upset most when people made fun of Birds and his passion, but he didn't care if he died, not sure if anyone noticed that.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #40593 Previous topic | Next topic