Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Solasarath Quisanya the Champion o..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #40453
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 15-Aug-05 02:44 PM
Member since 22nd Sep 2024
17176 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#40453, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Solasarath Quisanya the Champion of Light, Avatar of the Phoenix"

Mon Aug 15 14:43:38 2005

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 7th of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Solasarath perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:289

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Thanks, whoever got the PBF!, Solasarath (Guest), 26-Aug-05 09:44 AM, #18
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Solasarath Quisanya the Champi..., Karel, 16-Aug-05 01:08 AM, #5
Reply Some goodbyes, Solasarath (Guest), 15-Aug-05 10:36 PM, #1
     Reply Man did I get frustrated fighting you, Aurilinius (Guest), 15-Aug-05 11:25 PM, #2
     Reply Ditto., Saqzawaz (Guest), 16-Aug-05 01:34 PM, #13
     Reply RE: Some goodbyes, Cytherea, 15-Aug-05 11:43 PM, #3
     Reply a very apt description..., shokai, 16-Aug-05 12:26 AM, #4
     Reply RE: Some goodbyes, Gvann (Guest), 16-Aug-05 03:57 AM, #6
     Reply Respect, Caek (Guest), 16-Aug-05 03:59 AM, #7
     Reply RE: Some goodbyes, Talianna (Guest), 16-Aug-05 08:19 AM, #8
     Reply RE: Some goodbyes, Sessha (Guest), 16-Aug-05 09:11 AM, #9
     Reply Ahh.. paladins, Azakard (Guest), 16-Aug-05 09:45 AM, #10
     Reply Wicked Nasty., MarshallCaradoc (Guest), 16-Aug-05 10:27 AM, #11
     Reply This, was fun., MarshallCaradoc (Guest), 16-Aug-05 10:40 AM, #12
     Reply Even as lead weight, ranking on the skeleton mountain w..., Brumbalin (Guest), 16-Aug-05 02:03 PM, #14
     Reply RE: Some goodbyes, Aarn, 16-Aug-05 05:29 PM, #15
     Reply RE: Some goodbyes, Runaktla (Guest), 16-Aug-05 11:35 PM, #16
     Reply No Worries, Zhyyrial (Guest), 18-Aug-05 07:16 AM, #17
     Reply RE: Some goodbyes, Kiel (Guest), 26-Aug-05 08:32 PM, #19
     Reply Man you were a pain..., Yagig (Guest), 28-Aug-05 10:27 PM, #20

Solasarath (Guest)Fri 26-Aug-05 09:44 AM

#40958, "Thanks, whoever got the PBF!"
In response to Reply #0

Thank you!

KarelTue 16-Aug-05 01:08 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
569 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#40472, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Solasarath Quisanya the Champi..."
In response to Reply #0

You were pretty beastly. Fought you as an empire a-p down in the kuo-toa lair and think that was the only time I ever saw you die. As Qulenit I was just icing on the cake with you around, no one wanted any of that. Which leads to raid for items and twiddle our thumbs a bit =P

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix

Solasarath (Guest)Mon 15-Aug-05 10:36 PM

#40465, "Some goodbyes"
In response to Reply #0

Nearly 300 hours is a long time for me to play a character. At times I could only play once or twice a week, so I saw generations of characters come and go. If I forget you, post and I'll comment.

Fortress:

Aarn - Thanks for inducting me.

Amaranda - I liked Amaranda; she was a fun character. The exploring was fun. Getting the stoneform amulet for the 28th time was not.

Azidreth - I fought you with a previous character and wasn't that impressed, but when I got into Fortress I was able to see your roleplay and was. Shifter can tend to play that way. You did a nice job as Captain.

Caek - Only met you the once or twice, but you seemed like a great pick for Captain to me. Keep it up.

Caradoc - Sure, be all about duty and then delete and abandon me after you made me fetch all that gold and potions! Nice effort nonetheless. P.S. I still am not kidding.

Cowren - My stubby partner from induction on, until you disappeared on me. *glares* I loved the concept and roleplay of this character, even if Solasarath didn't always.

Cytherea - It's a shame you had to run off and imm when you did. I could definitely have used more of you. Talking to Cyth post-imming wasn't the same.

Dorn - I am a huge fan of Dorn the Maran paladin, but Dorn the Marshall rubs me the wrong way. Don't try so hard to be the leader, just do your thing, it's more winning.

Goris - I wonder what you're playing now. I liked your style, you just need to learn to PK some and you'll be a force.

Gumbldink - You immediately rubbed me the wrong way, but over time I was won over and then some. A simple character concept, but rarely so well executed.

Leeyantra - Nice character; I think you would have been happier if you played less. Near the end it was obvious you were getting burned out and thought you deserved something you weren't getting, and it dampened the greatness compared to her earlier life.

Leqiel - Often annoying, but always well played. A guy I knew I could count on when things hit the fan.

Limnoreia - Great heart! Keep swinging.

Kiel - Liked you! Where'd you go?

Jemr - Acolytey. I couldn't play a character like this, so I have to be impressed.

Pmenoa - God, did I hate you. The next time I think about rolling up a good character I'm going to remember how much you made me want to kill you and do Empire instead.

Qulenit - Long-suffering and grumpy, but we made a great team. I wanted to play a Fortress transmuter, now I know I can't top you.

Rulcorr - Liked you, wish you hadn't levelled up so fast. Fort at the time desperately needed a Rulcorr kicking ass in the midlevels.

Scierra - If you learn only one thing this year, let it be that if you've had a piece of gear at one point, that doesn't mean all future versions of it forever belong to you. Otherwise, generally better than your rep.

Shokai - It was strange, going from feeling like the redheaded stepchild of the paladin's guild (Solas: My lord, I have this important moral dilemma I could use your wisdom with! Shokai: Yeah... why don't you go ask an Acolyte about that? Now get out there and kill somebody with your underempowerment.) to being offered leadership, tattooed, and a three-virtued paladin avatar. You were a bit of a deadbeat dad at first, but I knew what I was getting into, so I can't complain. It all turned out in the end. Thanks for everything. All the interactions were great.

Talianna - Liked this character! Where'd you go on me?

Xaerin - Ditto.

Empire:

Aurilinius - Liked you, wouldn't have minded a few more fights.

Gvan - I loved your guts and roleplay.

Ithzaruul - If I were you, I would have found a way to kill me. Still, you achieved something few do and once you got your bearings it was impressive.

Makholvek - I couldn't believe you deleted like that, but here I am having deleted a very different kind of character with everything you could want for it.

Nabburak - Even if I couldn't kill you with one, two, even three people helping me, I wish you hadn't deleted. Those were great edge-of-my seat fights.

Scion:

Gondrak - Nice kill, man. I did a very similar thing two hundred hours earlier attacking some dude with a pen held instead of a weapon, except that guy ran away. You didn't make the same mistake.

Jhyrdaer - You did better against me than you thought.

Nhil/Lumiere - I have to put the two of you together because I always thought of you as a team of two very solid invokers. I'm not sure if that was an engineered team or not, but either way the two of you together amounted to what felt like the first real archenemy of this character. Always a tough fight, nice RP. Lumiere, if you still think that whole sirine incident was dodgy roleplay, I encourage you to read my role if it makes it up.

Runaktla - As bad as this matchup must have felt for you, you did kill me. I hated the eagle staff as much as you must hate defiance.

Yagig/Maztriel - I have to lump the two of you together as I did Nhil and Lumiere, because I thought of you much the same way. Scion became a force again under you, and for that I have to congratulate you, but this was one of several factors that pushed me towards deletion, because in the times I play I'd either be dealing with both of you, or no enemies at all. I spent so much time fighting the Nhil/Lumi duo that it just wasn't interesting to me anymore. I knew what a pair of smart invokers could do, I knew what my own limitations were, and playing out more variations of it didn't seem as much fun to me as trying something different.

Outlanders:

Baltherias - I thought we'd get some fun fights after you turned evil, but then you disappeared?

Qing - Liked you a lot from our little contact.

Tribunal:

Brumbalin - I loved this character, even though you were the world's biggest lead weight.

Onirakoth - I hated you, but the way you ran Tribunal helped shape my character, so nice work.

Herald:

Sessha - You made the last hundred hours of this character enjoyable, and postponed his deletion a long time. It was an honor to play with you.

Battle:

Ghrulkar - I was really impressed at how well you could run. Every time I saw that I realized how much I would die if I was trying to play Battle now.

Vershelt - Seemed solid from my interaction. If you're wondering why I jumped on you that one time, that's all in the role. I'll post it later if there's a demand for it.

Uncaballed:

Shapan - You sure were persistent, I'll give you that.

Zhyrrial - I'd just like to point out that I kept very careful record of my non-evil PKs. I killed Baltherias twice in self-defense a few days before he got turned evil, and you. That's it, in 289 hours. There's no story to be had of a ####ty paladin running around ganging neutrals all the time, however much you wanted there to be, just me seeing a group doing something evil and doing something about it. In the same situation, I'd do it again.

I know I forgot about a hundred people. Post and remind me and I'll respond.

Aurilinius (Guest)Mon 15-Aug-05 11:25 PM

#40466, "Man did I get frustrated fighting you"
In response to Reply #1

I would try every trick in the book, and they would all be shrugged off with a shrug by you. Not counting Qulenit, I would literally rather fight any other three, maybe four Fortress at the same time than you. Solasarath had to be Lariya's child or have the same genes in there somewhere. There was a time when I was facing paladins every day, and there were five of them, 2 with Defiance, 2 with Humansunder, and one with Bal'Talon, and though Leeyantra had the ability to send my ass running on a good day, you were the only one I was really worried that I would be dead. When you lagged me for 8 rounds of combat in our first fight by the Chasm, I thought you had bash or something, heh. Anyway, well played, and I liked you too.

Saqzawaz (Guest)Tue 16-Aug-05 01:34 PM

#40484, "Ditto."
In response to Reply #2

Considering he would routinely fight pairs of invokers, I had little chance outside a lucky assassinate. Unfortunately, he had the means of countering that strategy as well.

CythereaMon 15-Aug-05 11:43 PM
Member since 13th May 2005
67 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#40469, "RE: Some goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

Cytherea - It's a shame you had to run off and imm when you did. I could definitely have used more of you. Talking to Cyth post-imming wasn't the same.

We had so many fun times, that is for sure. You were the guy I always looked up to rp-wise, you just did it so awesome. It was such a pleasure to fight on the same side as you, even if you were very scary to the enemies. I heard that you refused leadership, a few times and never really understood why. You would of been the perfect captain. One of my highlights with you, was getting you to get "unstuffy". After I immed, I missed talking to you, and being around you, but that goes with the choice I made. Again, awesome charecter, you stand out with the likes of Istendil and all those other guys.

-Cyth

shokaiTue 16-Aug-05 12:26 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
519 posts
#40471, "a very apt description..."
In response to Reply #1

Yeah, I've got deadbeat paladin god written all over me, however every now and then a paladin shows up like Solasarath that makes me happy to be actively empowering still. Watching Solasarath do his thing was impressive to say the least and mind-blowing at the best of times. It was sorta like having a little wind up wrecking ball....that *I* didn't have to wind up!

I was beyond amazed at how you turned down leadership, since it fit the role perfectly well...and was done with style. I figured it was the player saying 'OH PLEASE DEAR GOD NO! DON'T MAKE ME A LEADER!!!!' but the character remained perfectly humble and calm....and even though Aarn, Cyth and I were coming close to forcing it on you, I was very glad that you stood up and lead without the mantle of leadership. Since, even before the Avatar title hit, Solasarath was very much one of the leaders of the Fortress. I think if you could see the affect you had on friend and foe alike...you'd be forced to agree with me.

Anyway, amazingly well done, and I truely hope you'll keep cranking characters with the depth and style of Sol. Kudos all around man.

- Shok, the deadbeat

Gvann (Guest)Tue 16-Aug-05 03:57 AM

#40473, "RE: Some goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

Oh yeah, you were great. You and Alven - two paladins I never could make to flee. Actually, I was happy that you could play only 2-3 times per week . Well done and good luck with your next.

Gvann

Caek (Guest)Tue 16-Aug-05 03:59 AM

#40474, "Respect"
In response to Reply #1

I saw you really just a few times and I should totally agree there was an aura of leadership around you. Wanted just some more of the battles by your side, pity our times didnt fit. Good luck with the next

Talianna (Guest)Tue 16-Aug-05 08:19 AM

#40477, "RE: Some goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

Oh, I am still around! Barely! But I'm around. I just had to break off for a while till the playing fields changed. I'm not a big fan of not having lots of fighting or chasing, and with the times I can play, it still pretty much team goodie or team goodie - villagers. Plan to come back when I get to be chased again since its so much easier to kill the evils when they come for you!

As for Solasarath, it was great knowing you. You were very deadly and a great addition for the Fortress! I wish I could have traveled with you more, but two paladins are just too scary! You were exactly what I would have expected out of a Shokai Paladin, and you did lighten up a little at the end! Good luck in what you do next!

Talianna!

Sessha (Guest)Tue 16-Aug-05 09:11 AM

#40478, "RE: Some goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

I'll miss him. Stuffy, but sweet. You made me work for everything I ever got out of him. The thing I liked the best is that we never had to go anywhere or do anything, no gear gathering, no hunting, no ranking.. it was always just quality quiet time together, like a couple of old married folks. That's rare - and special. Thanks.

Azakard (Guest)Tue 16-Aug-05 09:45 AM

#40479, "Ahh.. paladins"
In response to Reply #1

As it was I didn't like fighting twohanders, you where not just exceptional I feared you,
I hated seeing you around not because I knew you could kill me, but you could make me run faster than anyone else,
Hurl tor sol
Sol dodges your hurl
Sol starts aiming at you.
Sol does three ***DEV's through shields, protection, stoneskin and shield.
I run like ####ing hell...

I never really got to interact with you, but what does an elf have to say anyway? =P
Maybe when you play evil I'll decide to play a paladin and you'll get to be on the recieving end of Defiance =P

MarshallCaradoc (Guest)Tue 16-Aug-05 10:27 AM

#40480, "Wicked Nasty."
In response to Reply #1

**** I don't have many logs of Solasarath in pks because he tended to run alone. There's one round in this fight that stuck out though. Granted the log more or less features me, but hey its my log so what do you expect? ****

<774hp 608m 567mv 5 PM>
Nightshade Road

(Translucent) (Red Aura) (White Aura) Clyaughran is here.

<774hp 608m 564mv 5 PM>
You hit Clyaughran in the back of the head with a blackjack.

<774hp 623m 617mv 6 PM> You step out of the shadows.
You tell your group 'hes out'

<774hp 623m 617mv 6 PM> You tell your group 'in Modan'

<774hp 623m 617mv 6 PM>
Nightshade Road

(Translucent) (Red Aura) Clyaughran is sleeping here.

<774hp 623m 614mv 6 PM>
You recite a scroll of you're screwed.
Clyaughran yells 'Help!! Caradoc read a scroll in my general direction!'
Your curse failed to take effect.
Clyaughran can no longer find the strength to wield the Wand of Orcus.
Clyaughran looks very ill.
You failed to weaken Clyaughran.

<774hp 623m 614mv 6 PM>
Solasarath tells the group 'coming'

<774hp 623m 614mv 6 PM>
The blank stare calm, though like an abyss, focusing on nothing but yet
seeing everything. Attached two those pitch dark almost nothingness of eyes,
is a human male. As you struggle to focus on something other then his eyes,
you notice his full, yet still a dark colored set of lips, almost as if the
life has been sucked out from them. On top of this humans head lies thick
somewhat matted brown hair, that drops down to the bottom of his ears. A
scar can be found on this humans left eyelid, yet only when it is closed.
His body is of less average muscular size for a human, like from poor eating
through his years of growth. He stands five foot and almost seven inches.
Glancing for a moment at his hands, you notice a lack of fingers nails on
several fingers. His cloths are of a dark brown and green. Covering all of
his body and cloths is a black robe wrapped lousy around him flowing in the
wind. Looking once again at his face, you see no expression at all. Just a
shadow that covers his face, as pulls his hood over his head and walks away.
Clyaughran, a male human, is in perfect health.
Clyaughran does not appear to be carrying any money.

Clyaughran is using:
<worn on finger> a pitch-black ring
<worn on finger> a golden ring set with a dragonseye
<worn around neck> (Glowing) a black hammer pendant
<worn around neck> (Glowing) a black hammer pendant
<worn on body> a suit of silver-gray platemail
<worn on head> a captain's hat
<worn on legs> some leggings from the snow worm
<worn on feet> knee-high leather boots
<worn on hands> a pair of black steel gauntlets
<worn on arms> a pair of armguards from the snow worm
<worn about body> a skin from the snow leopard
<worn about waist> a polished mithril girth
<worn around wrist> a black steel bracer
<worn around wrist> a black steel bracer

You peek at the inventory:
some unleavened bread
(Red Aura) (Humming) the Wand of Orcus
(Glowing) a blessed mithril warhammer
(Glowing) the shaman's mace
a small burlap sack
a shield from the hide of a snow worm

<774hp 623m 614mv 6 PM> You steal the Wand of Orcus from Clyaughran.

<774hp 623m 614mv 6 PM> You recite a pube from Eshlina.
Clyaughran is moving more slowly.
Ok.
Ok.

<774hp 623m 614mv 6 PM>
You tell your group 'I attack'

<774hp 623m 614mv 6 PM>
Barqje's group:
<45 War> Barqje 94% hp 100% mana 63% mv 412567 xp
<51 Con> Scierra 100% hp 72% mana 100% mv 438900 xp
<51 Thi> Caradoc 100% hp 90% mana 56% mv 468500 xp
<51 Inv> Amaranda 100% hp 100% mana 100% mv 512900 xp
<51 Pal> Solasarath 100% hp 96% mana 44% mv 705300 xp
Solasarath tells the group 'Whenever you're ready'

<774hp 623m 614mv 6 PM>
You drive your dagger into Clyaughran's side!
You trample around loudly again.
Your knifing *** DEMOLISHES *** Clyaughran!
Clyaughran yells 'Help! Caradoc knifed me!'
Clyaughran has some small but disgusting cuts.

<774hp 623m 614mv 6 PM>
You fail to block off Clyaughran's route of escape!
Clyaughran leaves east.
Clyaughran has fled!

<774hp 623m 614mv 6 PM>
----> Note the location. <----
The Nightshade Brothel

----> Where'd he come from? (Translucent) (Gold Aura) Solasarath is here.
(Translucent) (Red Aura) Clyaughran is here.
A young prostitute looks you over.
A young prostitute looks you over.

<774hp 623m 613mv 6 PM>
Clyaughran closes his eyes with a look of concentration for a moment.
Clyaughran is surrounded by a white aura.

<774hp 623m 613mv 6 PM>
Clyaughran yells 'Die, Solasarath, you sorcerous dog!'
Solasarath narrows his eyes and glares in Clyaughran's direction.
Clyaughran trembles under the force of Solasarath's wrath as it tears deeply into his soul.
Solasarath's heavenly wrath DISMEMBERS Clyaughran!

<774hp 623m 613mv 6 PM>
Your knifing devastates Clyaughran!
Clyaughran has some small but disgusting cuts.

<774hp 623m 613mv 6 PM>
Your searing light devastates Clyaughran!
Your necklace of prayer beads shines a bright white, and a ray of light strikes your enemy!
Your dispel evil EVISCERATES Clyaughran!
Solasarath's divine power DISMEMBERS Clyaughran!
Solasarath's divine power devastates Clyaughran!
Clyaughran is covered with bleeding wounds.

<774hp 623m 613mv 6 PM>
Clyaughran leaves west.
Clyaughran has fled!

<774hp 623m 613mv 6 PM>
Nightshade Road

<774hp 623m 612mv 6 PM>
Your knifing maims Clyaughran!
Your searing light MUTILATES Clyaughran!
Your crush mauls Clyaughran.
Solasarath's divine power MUTILATES Clyaughran!
Your necklace of prayer beads shines a bright white, and a ray of light strikes your enemy!
Your dispel evil EVISCERATES Clyaughran!
You parry Clyaughran's punch.
You parry Clyaughran's punch.
The lightning has stopped.
Clyaughran is writhing in agony.

**** That's just sick and wrong. ****

<774hp 623m 612mv 7 PM>
Solasarath narrows his eyes and glares in Clyaughran's direction.
Clyaughran trembles under the force of Solasarath's wrath as it tears deeply into his soul.
Solasarath's heavenly wrath maims Clyaughran!

<774hp 623m 612mv 7 PM>
Clyaughran closes his eyes and hums for an instant.

<774hp 623m 612mv 7 PM>
Your crush wounds Clyaughran.
Your crush wounds Clyaughran.
You twist yourself around Clyaughran's punch.
Clyaughran's hammer pendant glows briefly.
Solasarath's divine power EVISCERATES Clyaughran!
Clyaughran leaves south.
Clyaughran has fled!

<774hp 623m 612mv 7 PM>

Barqje has arrived.

<774hp 623m 612mv 7 PM>
Barqje leaves south.
You follow Barqje south.
Intersection of Nightshade Road and Devil's Ivy Street

(Translucent) (Gold Aura) Solasarath is here.
(Gold Aura) Barqje is here.

<774hp 623m 609mv 7 PM> You drive your dagger into Clyaughran's side!
Your knifing decimates Clyaughran!
You block off Clyaughran's route of escape!
Clyaughran is convulsing on the ground.

<774hp 623m 609mv 7 PM>
Barqje leaves south.

<774hp 623m 609mv 7 PM>
Clyaughran shivers and suffers.
Clyaughran's poison wounds him.

<774hp 633m 665mv 7 PM>
Barqje has arrived.

<774hp 633m 665mv 7 PM>
Barqje drives his axes into both sides of Clyaughran's body.
Barqje's brutal attack EVISCERATES Clyaughran!
Clyaughran is DEAD!!
You hear Clyaughran's death cry.

MarshallCaradoc (Guest)Tue 16-Aug-05 10:40 AM

#40481, "This, was fun."
In response to Reply #1

**** Solasarath had bullheadedly gone after Lumiere in an area where the singing candle had an obvious advantage, and ended up losing the strange. These two events were highlights for me: Getting the upper hand on Run and the singing candle, and Solasarath admitting I had won a point of argument. Again, sorry the log features me, but Solas didn't do much running with others when it came to interesting pk situations and this log does show Solasarath's personality fairly well. ****

<747hp 492m 1071mv 12 AM>
People near you:
Arcanian The Northern Market Square
Jemver Overlooking the Abedim
Zadran Entertainers Guildhall
Grok Tournament and Practice Yard
Karthalen Tournament and Practice Yard
(PK) Caradoc The High Altar of the Great Temple

<51 Elf Inv> (PK) Kiel the Weaver of the Elements
<48 Gnome Shf> (PK) Aerant the Grand Elder of Changelings
<42 Fire Sha> (PK) Nemitt the Elder Shaman
<43 Human Ran> (PK) Aden the Ranger Prince
<51 Human Inv> (PK) Lumiere Dextera the Weaver of the Elements, Inspired Artiste
<45 Dwarf Pal> (PK) Dorn the High Priest of the Templars
<44 Duerg War> (PK) Azeg the Initiate of the Macalla
*51 H-Elf Thi* (PK) Caradoc the Hidden Guide of Light, Marshall of the Fortress
<51 Human Con> (PK) Scierra the Planewalker
<51 Human Shf> (PK) Azidreth BlackBane the Venerable Magi of Light, Captain of the Brigade

Players found: 10

Kiel: Bloody teleport.

Kiel: They're in Hamsah.

<759hp 506m 1071mv 1 AM>
People near you:
(PK) Kiel South end of the Street of Dahab
Jemver Overlooking the Abedim
(PK) Lumiere The Southern Market Square
(PK) Runaktla The Southern Market Square
Grok Docks of Hamsah Mu'tazz
(PK) Caradoc The High Altar of the Great Temple

<759hp 506m 1071mv 1 AM>
Jemver has arrived.

<759hp 506m 1071mv 1 AM>
Great Temple of Hamsah Mu'tazz

<759hp 506m 1070mv 1 AM>
The Great Temple of Hamsah Mu'tazz, Hall of Creation

A statue of the dead god Nasheer stands here upon a small altar.
A commoner of Hamsah Mu'tazz stands here wrapped in colorful clothes.
A leprous beggar shuffles around here, begging for food.

<759hp 506m 1069mv 1 AM>
The Great Temple of Hamsah Mu'tazz

<759hp 506m 1068mv 1 AM>
Great Temple of Hamsah Mu'tazz, Hall of Enlightenment

A statuette of the Mistress of the Veils stands here on a tall pedestal.
(Red Aura) Jemver is here.

<759hp 506m 1067mv 1 AM>
Jemver leaves north.

<759hp 506m 1067mv 1 AM>
The Great Temple of Hamsah Mu'tazz

<759hp 506m 1066mv 1 AM>
Eastern steps of the Great Temple

An elderly woman squats here, begging for coins.

<759hp 506m 1065mv 1 AM>
The Southwestern Market Square

Tied to a hitch, a camel stands here, spitting into the crowd.
A woman in dull-colored cloaks and wraps is here.

<759hp 506m 1064mv 1 AM>
The Southern Market Square

A nomad trader walks the city streets.
A perfumed woman dressed in a revealing shift eyes the crowd.
A perfumed woman dressed in a revealing shift eyes the crowd.

<759hp 506m 1062mv 1 AM>
People near you:
(PK) Kiel Street of Dahab
Jemver Intersection of Eastern Al Abbas and the Street of Guilds
(PK) Lumiere Eastern Al Abbas
(PK) Runaktla Eastern Al Abbas
Grok Docks of Hamsah Mu'tazz
(PK) Caradoc The Southern Market Square

<759hp 506m 1062mv 1 AM> Dorn: Where are you Marshall?

<759hp 506m 1062mv 1 AM>
Lumiere has arrived.

<759hp 506m 1062mv 1 AM>
The Southeastern Market Square

(Purple Aura) (Red Aura) A Nightwalker stands in the shadows, breathing heavily.
(Purple Aura) (Red Aura) Tenebrous mist gathers around a wavering, insubstantial
Nightwalker.
An alley cat sits here watching you.
A dark-skinned sword-for-hire pushes his way through the crowds.
A stinking minotaur stands here, snorting with menace at those that pass.
An overfed merchant from overseas wanders through the crowds.
You yell 'Help! I'm being attacked by a shadowed Druk'Trar!'
You parry a shadowed Druk'Trar's claw.
You dodge a shadowed Druk'Trar's claw.
The Nightwalker has left.
A shadowed Druk'Trar is in perfect health.

<759hp 506m 1060mv 1 AM>
Lumiere has arrived.

<759hp 506m 1060mv 1 AM>
No way! You are still fighting!

<759hp 506m 1060mv 1 AM> Lumiere leaves east.

<759hp 506m 1060mv 1 AM>
You step out of the shadows.
Ahkeem's Apparel Shop

Ahkeem the Tailor warmly welcomes you to his store.
You flee from combat!
You fled south.

<759hp 506m 1059mv 1 AM>
You attempt to hide.

<759hp 506m 1059mv 2 AM>
You attempt to move silently.

<759hp 506m 1059mv 2 AM>
You are hungry.

<759hp 524m 1071mv 2 AM> The Southeastern Market Square

(Translucent) (Surrounded by Flames) (Red Aura) Lumiere is here.
(Translucent) (Red Aura) Runaktla is here.
An alley cat sits here watching you.
A dark-skinned sword-for-hire pushes his way through the crowds.
An overfed merchant from overseas wanders through the crowds.

<759hp 524m 1070mv 2 AM> Runaktla utters the words, 'yazfuz yao'.
Runaktla conjures a cloud of purple smoke.
An alley cat is revealed!
An alley cat is covered with glowing purple dust.
A dark-skinned mercenary is revealed!
A dark-skinned mercenary is covered with glowing purple dust.
A minotaur bodyguard is revealed!
A minotaur bodyguard is covered with glowing purple dust.
A minotaur bodyguard is covered with glowing purple dust.
A portly merchant is revealed!
A portly merchant is covered with glowing purple dust.

<759hp 524m 1070mv 2 AM>
The shadows blur and flicker momentarily.
The Nightwalker has arrived.

<759hp 524m 1070mv 2 AM>

Jemver has arrived.

<759hp 524m 1070mv 2 AM>
Lumiere utters the words, 'yazfuz yao'.
Lumiere conjures a cloud of purple smoke.
The Nightwalker is revealed!
A shadowed Druk'Trar is revealed!
A shadowed Druk'Trar is covered with glowing purple dust.
You are revealed!
You are covered with glowing purple dust.
An alley cat is revealed!
A portly merchant is revealed!
You steal a pair of strange bracers from Lumiere.

<759hp 524m 1070mv 2 AM>
You yell 'Die, Runaktla, you sorcerous dog!'
Runaktla utters the words, 'izjfahiouqar eugfjshuai'.
Runaktla's neurological disruption wounds you.
Runaktla is in perfect health.

<741hp 524m 1070mv 2 AM>
The shadows blur and flicker momentarily.
You yell 'Help! I'm being attacked by a shadowed Druk'Trar!'
You parry a shadowed Druk'Trar's claw.
Runaktla is in perfect health.

<741hp 524m 1070mv 2 AM>
You dodge a shadowed Druk'Trar's claw.
A shadowed Druk'Trar's claw injures you.
You twist yourself around a shadowed Druk'Trar's claw.
You parry Runaktla's smash.
Lumiere's shocking touch DISMEMBERS you!
Your crush injures Runaktla.
Runaktla has a few scratches.

<670hp 524m 1070mv 2 AM>
Lumiere utters the words, 'eugszr waouq'.
Runaktla has a few scratches.

<670hp 524m 1070mv 2 AM> Eastern Al Abbas

You flee from combat!
You fled east.

<670hp 524m 1068mv 2 AM>
Intersection of Eastern Al Abbas and the Street of Guilds

<670hp 524m 1066mv 3 AM>
Eastern Al Abbas

A crude water skin made from the burnt corpse of one of the Sultan's soldiers is lying here.
A cured hide sack made from the burnt corpse of one of the Sultan's soldiers is lying here.
A crude water skin made from the burnt corpse of the special guard is lying here.
A cured hide sack made from the burnt corpse of the special guard is lying here.
(Gold Aura) A soldier of the Sultan's army stands here, on guard duty.

<670hp 524m 1064mv 3 AM> You can't hide while you are glowing.

<670hp 524m 1064mv 3 AM> You can't sneak while you are glowing.

<670hp 524m 1064mv 3 AM>
Eastern Al Abbas

(Gold Aura) Zindani practices his forms here.

<670hp 524m 1062mv 3 AM>
You quaff a potion of teleportation.
Atop the Canopy

**** Cut to a couple of real days later. ****

<686hp 628m 448mv 5 AM>
Standing Before the Fortress of Light
The Fortress of Light rises before you, standing strong and proud in a
mantle of snow and ice. The thick walls of this fortress are built of huge,
perfectly cut, white stones fitted tightly together. The stones along the
base of the fortress are enormous, taller than any giant and more massive
than most houses. Pennants flying above the watchtowers rustle and flap
defiantly in the chill winds. The huge gate of polished silver is guarded
by a lone figure.

(Gold Aura) A huge figure in deep gray armor guards the gate.

<686hp 628m 448mv 5 AM>
People near you:
(PK) Solasarath The Snowy Courtyard
(PK) Amaranda The Snowy Courtyard
(PK) Caradoc Standing Before the Fortress of Light

<686hp 628m 448mv 5 AM>
The Snowy Courtyard

(Gold Aura) Solasarath is here.
(Gold Aura) Amaranda is here.

<686hp 628m 447mv 5 AM>
The Center of the Courtyard

<686hp 628m 445mv 5 AM>
The Snowy Courtyard

(Gold Aura) Solasarath is here.
(Gold Aura) Amaranda is here.

<686hp 628m 443mv 5 AM>
You manage to plant a pair of strange bracers on Solasarath without him realizing it.

<686hp 628m 443mv 5 AM>
You tell Amaranda 'I win.'

<686hp 628m 443mv 5 AM>
A mischievous look in her eye, Amaranda grins at you.

<686hp 628m 443mv 5 AM>
You tell Amaranda 'you have to be safe and happy.'

<686hp 628m 443mv 5 AM>
Amaranda tells you 'You need to come up with something more interesting'

<686hp 628m 443mv 6 AM>
You say 'well then.'

<686hp 628m 443mv 6 AM>
You are using:
<worn on finger> (Humming) a smooth ivory ring
<worn on finger> a silver ring set with a single malachite
<worn around neck> (Glowing) a necklace of prayer beads
<worn around neck> (Glowing) a necklace of prayer beads
<worn on body> a set of golden plate armor
<worn on head> (Glowing) the helm of brilliance
<worn on legs> a pair of spiked leggings
<worn on feet> some ornate steel boots
<worn on hands> some ornate steel gauntlets
<worn on arms> a phylactery of free movement
<worn about body> (Glowing) (Humming) the cape of living flames
<worn about waist> a wide bronze belt
<worn around wrist> a thick leather bracer
<wielded> a blessed dagger named 'Heartseeker'

<706hp 628m 499mv 6 AM>
This wiry elf stands nearly seven feet in height. There is an unusual green
tint to his fair skin and blonde hair, and though he is fairly handsome, he
otherwise appears much like any other high elf you have seen. Shining, well
maintained armor covers most of his body, and a mithril claymore of equal
quality is slung on his back. His eyes are a striking blue in color. When
this elf speaks, a distinctive but hard to place accent can be discerned.

Solasarath, a male elf, is in perfect health.
Solasarath's coin purse has a bit of weight to it.

Solasarath is using:
<worn on finger> (Glowing) (Humming) a ring set with a shard of green crystal
<worn on finger> (Glowing) (Humming) a ring set with a shard of green crystal
<worn around neck> (Gold Aura) a wooden hummingbird pendant
<worn around neck> (Humming) a blue-tinted crystal
<worn on body> an ornate steel breastplate
<worn on head> an ancient Ranger Lord Stetson
<worn on face> a primitive fertility mask
<worn on legs> some ornate steel greaves
<worn on feet> some ornate steel boots
<worn on hands> some ornate steel gauntlets
<worn on arms> some ornate steel armguards
<worn about body> (Glowing) (Humming) the cape of living flames
<worn around wrist> (Humming) a bracelet of woven gold
<wielded> a holy sword named 'Defiance'
<tattooed> (Glowing) a silver phoenix clutching the moon

You peek at the inventory:
(Humming) a pair of strange bracers
a large water skin
a large sack
a cowhide knapsack
an emerald periapt
(Glowing) (Humming) the mace of Dragonis

<706hp 628m 499mv 6 AM>
Solasarath says 'Wait, hold on.'

<706hp 628m 499mv 6 AM>
Intently, Solasarath peers at a pair of strange bracers, inspecting its quality.

<706hp 628m 499mv 6 AM>
Amaranda laughs heartily.

<706hp 628m 499mv 6 AM>
You say 'erm?'

<706hp 628m 499mv 7 AM>
Amaranda looks at Solasarath.

<723hp 647m 555mv 7 AM>
Solasarath peers at you intently.

<723hp 647m 555mv 7 AM>
You innocently whistle a tune.

<723hp 647m 555mv 7 AM>
Solasarath says 'Where did these come from?'

<723hp 647m 555mv 7 AM>
It starts to rain.

<723hp 647m 555mv 8 AM>
You stop using a blessed dagger named 'Heartseeker'.
You wield a runed wide-bladed dagger named 'Light Claw'.
A runed wide-bladed dagger named 'Light Claw' feels like a part of you!

<729hp 648m 611mv 8 AM> You dual wield a blessed dagger named 'Heartseeker'.
A blessed dagger named 'Heartseeker' feels like a part of you!

<729hp 648m 611mv 8 AM> Amaranda says 'You always had them didn't you?'

<729hp 648m 611mv 8 AM>
You say 'I thought so.'

<729hp 648m 611mv 8 AM>
Amaranda nods.

<729hp 648m 611mv 8 AM>
Lightning flashes in the sky.

<729hp 648m 611mv 9 AM>
Autosaving.

<729hp 648m 667mv 9 AM>
Solasarath says 'They're not mine simply because I possessed them at one point, sir. You can use them in service of the Light as readily as I.'

<729hp 648m 667mv 9 AM>
You say 'theres no way I could lift them from Lumiere, while fighting him and Runaktla.'

<729hp 648m 667mv 9 AM>
You shake your head.

<729hp 648m 667mv 10 AM>
You feel less aware of your surroundings.
Your eyes no longer pierce the shroud of invisibility.
The red in your vision disappears.
The golden haze in your vision disappears.

<729hp 648m 723mv 10 AM> cult
You say 'that'd be too difficult'

<729hp 648m 723mv 10 AM>
You say 'even for me.'

<729hp 648m 723mv 10 AM>
Solasarath says 'I'm sure nothing is beyond you, sir.'

<729hp 648m 779mv 11 AM>
You say 'the simple matter of fact is.'

<729hp 648m 779mv 12 PM>
You say 'I don't stand up as well as you do in a fight Maran.'

<729hp 648m 779mv 12 PM>
You say 'hells, I've already perished and regained them once.'

<729hp 648m 835mv 12 PM>
Solasarath chuckles politely.

<729hp 648m 835mv 12 PM>
You say 'better served by your wearing them.'

<729hp 648m 835mv 12 PM>
Solasarath says 'I'm not doing so well by it lately.'

<729hp 648m 835mv 12 PM>
You say 'and as you said I'd make a good Marshall.'

<729hp 648m 835mv 12 PM>
You say 'you'll have to abide by my decision on this matter.'

<729hp 648m 891mv 1 PM>
Chibougideau tells you 'Imperials are in hamsah'

<729hp 648m 891mv 1 PM>
You tell Chibougideau 'my thanks.'

<729hp 648m 891mv 1 PM>
Solasarath looks perplexed.

<729hp 648m 891mv 1 PM>
Chibougideau tells you 'East now, from the docks.'

<729hp 648m 891mv 1 PM>
Solasarath says 'I suppose you have me there.'

Brumbalin (Guest)Tue 16-Aug-05 02:03 PM

#40485, "Even as lead weight, ranking on the skeleton mountain w..."
In response to Reply #1

Thanks for bitch ranking this poor, little, fat, lazy dwarf. It was one of the most enjoyable things in CF for people to come to the realization that I was utterly useless and how they dealt with it. You dealt with it very well, like a paladin should, as in its your cross to bear no matter what. Good stuff and thanks for making my dream character come true.

AarnTue 16-Aug-05 05:29 PM
Member since 04th Feb 2005
566 posts
#40492, "RE: Some goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Tue 16-Aug-05 05:29 PM

Great character. Not much else to say that hasn't already been said... I enjoyed telling you about the history of the Avatars, and I liked how you weren't a softey elf paladin. Hopefully you do it again!

Aarn

Runaktla (Guest)Tue 16-Aug-05 11:35 PM

#40498, "RE: Some goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

Bleh, you were a terror. I'm sure I've related my hardships
on enough goodbyes and related posts. I don't recall ever
getting you like you say though. Nice work, either way. As
I say with most Fortressites, every so often I wish I was
on the other side so I could see more of the RP rather than
my usually just being on the business end of wrath =)

Luck with the next,
Runaktla

Zhyyrial (Guest)Thu 18-Aug-05 07:16 AM

#40543, "No Worries"
In response to Reply #1

This game has made me bitter all around (about the game... not in life). I just, at the time, thought it was funny that *I* was the one that got stomped by a bunch of paladins. It all worked out.

Kiel (Guest)Fri 26-Aug-05 08:32 PM

#40970, "RE: Some goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

Hey. I liked *you*. Seriously though everyone's said it, you're just a beastly paladin. You're like some walking godly powered guardian, we just all felt so safe around you

Sorry I wasn't around for the last bit, I auto-ed. At first it was my midyears, then I didn't want to play Kiel too because of some huge screw up with the deck of fate. Sad to lose a seven path mastery invoker, but well there we go. Long term investment gone down the drain.

Who were your previous characters? I'd be interested to know since you're a really great player. Incidentally I played (in order of most recent to oldest): Lyrathuriel Elsworth Calcifer Arilyn Lene Benvale.

Yagig (Guest)Sun 28-Aug-05 10:27 PM

#41020, "Man you were a pain..."
In response to Reply #1

You were one of the players that when logged on I knew you woudl come regardless. The combonation of player skill and a the rewards of a well played pally made him a fantastic pain in the ass. I always had a hard time hurting pallys but with you I auctually had to be careful not to do something stuid and die. Arn asked not long ago who was thought of as a leader, and while you turned leadership down you lead from example and I know the fort as a whole felt betetr with you around. I have avoided playing a pally because I don't think I could live up to my own expectations of how a pally should be consistantly, but you set an excellent example of such. Along with Jemr and Dorn you guys made a good showing in my eyes for team fort.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #40453 Previous topic | Next topic