Subject: "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Srinlete Ur'kana-Smithe the Protecto..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #40373
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 11-Aug-05 05:52 PM
Member since 22nd Sep 2024
17176 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#40373, "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Srinlete Ur'kana-Smithe the Protector of Faith, Imperial High Priest"

Thu Aug 11 17:52:22 2005

At 3 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 33rd of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Srinlete perished, never to return.

Race:half-drow
Class:healer
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:190

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Good byes, Yhorian (Guest), 12-Aug-05 05:35 AM, #2
Reply RE: Good byes, Dulmisa (Guest), 12-Aug-05 08:49 AM, #3
Reply RE: Good byes, Talleyn (Guest), 12-Aug-05 08:59 AM, #4
Reply Allow me to clarify some..., Yhorian (Guest), 12-Aug-05 09:15 AM, #5
Reply RE: Good byes, Khasotholas, 13-Aug-05 05:51 AM, #7
Reply Excellent job, Khasotholas, 13-Aug-05 05:47 AM, #6
Reply Just sorry..., Yhorian (Guest), 13-Aug-05 12:49 PM, #8
Reply RE: Good byes, Aurilinius (Guest), 15-Aug-05 11:41 PM, #9
     Reply Curious what you mean here, Khasotholas, 16-Aug-05 05:19 AM, #10
          Reply I didn't necessarily mean that in a bad way....., Aurilinius (Guest), 17-Aug-05 01:30 AM, #11
               Reply 2 things, Khasotholas, 17-Aug-05 03:47 AM, #12
                    Reply RE: 2 things, Gvann (Guest), 17-Aug-05 03:56 AM, #13
                    Reply RE: 2 things, Lyristeon, 17-Aug-05 06:50 AM, #14
                         Reply RE: 2 things, Gvann (Guest), 17-Aug-05 09:34 AM, #15
                    Reply I bet it was Cheese Whiz. You poor misguided fool. nt, Nivek1, 17-Aug-05 10:46 AM, #16
Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Srinlete Ur'kana-Smithe the Prot..., Dukreg (Guest), 11-Aug-05 07:54 PM, #1

Yhorian (Guest)Fri 12-Aug-05 05:35 AM

#40378, "Good byes"
In response to Reply #0

New job, more work for school, etc. = Less time for my characters.

Sorry but Srinlete suffered. I had a lot of spare time right after exams and then it dwindled to near nothing. Couldn't have me hogging the high priest spot if I wasn't up for the commitment. Had a wee blast playing an evil healer and I think this is my first Evil hero. Some things just didn't mesh, like the way I found it so hard to work humour into my evil RP. God knows how I managed it so often with Lunach He just seemed to understand. Everyone else just saw the hard-assed side that made their life a pain. And oddly enough I really wasn't enjoying that. I like to make people want to play and so when I thought I was really hurting some peoples experience just by sticking to my character it wasn't pleasant. Glad some of you got it though

Immortals:

Khasotholas - A bit of a confused start but I was just feeling out your religion. I definetly got a grip on it at somepoint though and swung into full-on preaching mode. I liked the way I'd pick up more and more as I went along. I was working on the brevity of my speeches so I could preach to giants with a simple '5 steps to Evil Order' but didn't get to test it. Thanks.

Empire:

Emperor - Behind your back I was playing up how you'd been a weaker Emperor in an even weaker streak but to tell the truth you probably showed them all up by sticking around and sticking to it. Thats the essentials of being a solid leader and you got it. Of course, Srinlete wasn't about to admit that. Nor was he about to let you keep on going. Had I more time, I was working on a killer plot to oust you. I can't reveal too much encase my secret allies are shown but it had two possible outcomes. Either one, and I would have been Emperor within two weeks by my schedule. Muhahahaha. Thanks for the fun.

Dulmisa - Surprisingly good shadow lord, even if not very feminine or showy. I saw a lot of awesomeness before I was Ritur, and saw plenty more when I was Srinlete. I very much expected you to age die soon but other than that you were great fun.

Aurilinius - Didn't see you much because of your CF nap (tm). But before that I was really surprised that you shot up the ranks. Sylus was the one I wanted War master but he seemed to slow at ranking and you just had to donate at twice the speed to get it. I guess everyones a sucker for a good bard when they want a right hand. I had plans though to ensure it wouldn't last long. Curse my evilness, I would have loved to see some of this happen

Talleyn - He he, Srinlete really wasn't happy with your religious choice. Its what got Netilan bumped out of place. All the same, don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Netilan - Yeah, I had you deposed for praying to another god. Wasn't as hard as I expected because the Emperor wasn't big on religion but then he surprised me by being a bit more soul-conscious than I had previously thought. I was going to knock you down again as soon as Dukreg could take your place Sorry, its a hard life being an Imperial divine in a one-religion sect. Hope I didn't ruin your fun too much. Being in a position like yours, I'd live up trying to earn every favour I could to fight back. Sounds like fun.

Dukreg - Glad you enjoyed the direction I was taking the Sect. Like I said, I didn't feel anyone really 'got' it. Laws are Laws, not a direction. You need both an intent and a means, imperial Law just gives you guidelines. Hope you remember this when you get higher up, I know you'll make it. Although maybe a bit slower now

Sylus - Secretly betting on you, and playing you up. Likely no one will remember since I started so long ago. I was going to rank you up in an abnormally 'generous' way but very much expected you to turn on me. Still, thats part of the fun in imperial politics! Its likely the bit I liked best in the Cabal.

Others - I get hazy with goodbyes. Sign up and I'll remember, I promise!

I'll add some more on enemies when I remember.

Interesting Trivia: I've long been a big lover of political debate and action. I was a member of the UN Youth Assembly (advisory to the board of Economic and Environmental stuff in the UN) and have given speeches on various topics infront of thousands (My record was more than 2,500 in the Hague). I've also heard Kofi Anann speak live and i can say he really is a very compelling man. I was | | that close to shaking his hand, but a security guard started clearing the crowd that ambushed him entering the Congrescabal.

The Empire just awakened something of that old passion in me. I'm much quieter these days, as I'm no longer eligible for events like THIMUN (www.THIMUN.org). Those of you who are in school doing you a-levels, or IB - Get into it. It looks really good on a job app.

Dulmisa (Guest)Fri 12-Aug-05 08:49 AM

#40379, "RE: Good byes"
In response to Reply #2

My age death is ages away! Anyway I feared and respected Ritur (the possibility of command denial), Srinlete on the other hand made me feel secure, and with you by my side I feared few. That bloody walk into whistlewood at 0200am Dulmisa time was ####ing annoying though. You sure play a great healer and I loved Srinlete's attitude. A great part of the fun with Empire is the politics, which few oponents see when we bash them down .

Talleyn (Guest)Fri 12-Aug-05 08:59 AM

#40380, "RE: Good byes"
In response to Reply #2

>Netilan - ...Sorry, its a hard life being an Imperial divine in a
>one-religion sect. Hope I didn't ruin your fun too much. Being
>in a position like yours, I'd live up trying to earn every
>favour I could to fight back. Sounds like fun.

I have a major problem with this. Not Netilan being ousted..he obviously wasn't the strongets in Yagharek's opinion, but I don't think the Divine is a "ONE-Religion" sect. I also think its stupid to make it that way. There are many paths of order and evil, and though I think Khas is great, this in my opinion hurts the Empire, not helps it.

I'd love to hear what Khas has to say about this.

As for Talleyn and Srinlete. Well, you annoyed me and I was fairly blunt with you often. However, he did have respect for you and your position. Good job.

Talleyn

Yhorian (Guest)Fri 12-Aug-05 09:15 AM

#40381, "Allow me to clarify some..."
In response to Reply #4

Srinlete had his own plans for world domination. You know, as you do.

The idea he had was to take the Divine sect, and use it to unite the world with a single religion. This is why for his plan to be effective it meant slowly phasing out other religions or making them sub-servient to his own. This had very little to do with Khasotholas although obviously he was the inspiration for it. Other High priest might run the show differently, even with a different Emperor I might not have played it out as strictly. But the current situation meant I could abuse Imperials a bit more if they didn't fit the mode. Seriously, I found out 90% of imperials were willing to praise Khasotholas. They could praise others, but it had to be a focused religion that came under his teachings. This is why I try to push people into fitting the cookie cutter. I know this likely made for a more boring Empire but it was the way I saw Srinlete playing out his life. To tell the truth, Srinlete himself was a bit unoriginal but I tried to just do my best at the role thats been played time and time again. Even give it my own spin.

I think that was even mentioned when I won a prize for the role contest. Thanks Dalteric! The prize definetly suited my char perfectly. Although mad powers would have been better

Yhorian

KhasotholasSat 13-Aug-05 05:51 AM
Member since 23rd Apr 2003
341 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#40408, "RE: Good byes"
In response to Reply #4

- have a major problem with this. Not Netilan being ousted..he obviously wasn't the strongets in Yagharek's opinion, but I don't think the Divine is a "ONE-Religion" sect. I also think its stupid to make it that way. There are many paths of order and evil, and though I think Khas is great, this in my opinion hurts the Empire, not helps it.

I'd love to hear what Khas has to say about this.

Allright then. It's not a one religion sect. There have been a good many High Priests chosen who weren't followers of mine. That's up to the Emperor for the most part. Many of my priests and followers tend to be zealots, which is fairly important to my religion. I try to keep a good balance between keeping the game fun and fair for everyone, and giving fanatic followers of mine free reign.

Khas

KhasotholasSat 13-Aug-05 05:47 AM
341 posts
#40407, "Excellent job"
In response to Reply #2

You'd rank up there among my top followers that I can recall. Wonderfully consistent roleplay which helped to transform the roleplay of everyone around you. Just a great all around job.

Khas

Yhorian (Guest)Sat 13-Aug-05 12:49 PM

#40413, "Just sorry..."
In response to Reply #6

I couldn't keep it up longer. Real life drained my time down to a drip and I'm just not passionate enough about Evil roleplay to keep it up. Loved the politics though. It makes Empire soooo worthwhile.

You guys upstairs, make this game fun. The least we can do, is do some justice playing it.

Aurilinius (Guest)Mon 15-Aug-05 11:41 PM

#40468, "RE: Good byes"
In response to Reply #2

We must have just rubbed each other the wrong way, because I was laying plans to get rid of you also, heh. Aurilinius really didn't like how you tried to force Khasotholas down everyones throat. He respects the Gods of Empire, but the limit of his Immteraction with them is logging on once when Khasotholas was vis, and greeting him, but him not responding before going wizi. Like any good Blade, Aurilinius relied upon himself, and he wasn't about to give credit for his victories to some god who he'd never seen. I'm sure it would have been different if any of them made themselves visible and showed Aurilinius know they knew he existed when he was going through the seven on one gangs. So, I did just enough to get the heals to keep coming and not an ounce more. It would have been interesting to see what would have played out, had you stuck around after I was able to come back. Anyway, well played, you made the politics interesting, though you did ruin the fun for more than a few people who wanted a non-cookie-cutter role in the Empire, I am sure.

KhasotholasTue 16-Aug-05 05:19 AM
341 posts
#40475, "Curious what you mean here"
In response to Reply #9

- Anyway, well played, you made the politics interesting, though you did ruin the fun for more than a few people who wanted a non-cookie-cutter role in the Empire, I am sure.

Are you implying here that following his role ruined the fun for people? I watched Srinlete quite a bit, and he was anything but cookie cutter. Characters that stand out often entice other characters to stand out. If you maintain that people had to do what he said, religion-wise, and that made them feel cookie cutter, then those characters probably weren't worthy of a ton of respect. It's not like he went around demoting, make folks anathema, he did it with the force of his characters will, and to me, that's kinda cool. If you want a non-cookie-cutter role as you say, you do it. You don't let the threat of not being healed every now and then change your entire character.

Khas

Aurilinius (Guest)Wed 17-Aug-05 01:30 AM

#40500, "I didn't necessarily mean that in a bad way....."
In response to Reply #10

You know, I tried to reply to this several times, but every time I decided that it was not something I should be writing with an active character handle, though I was just clarifying how I did not mean that as insulting. If you want me to clarify in an email, I would be more than happy to. If not, suffice it to say that you did not interpret my post in the manner I meant for it to be interpreted, which is most likely my fault.

KhasotholasWed 17-Aug-05 03:47 AM
341 posts
#40502, "2 things"
In response to Reply #11

Fire away the email!

p.s - I'm never wrong and always interpret everything correctly. Except for that one incident in 1986.

Gvann (Guest)Wed 17-Aug-05 03:56 AM

#40503, "RE: 2 things"
In response to Reply #12

Hey, what was that accident?

LyristeonWed 17-Aug-05 06:50 AM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#40505, "RE: 2 things"
In response to Reply #13

He bought the 8-track for $50 instead of loaning it to Bill Gates for some micro thingy.

Gvann (Guest)Wed 17-Aug-05 09:34 AM

#40507, "RE: 2 things"
In response to Reply #14

I see... yeah. Damn, I am thinking about buying some trucks right now myself... perhaps, it's not the best idea?

Nivek1Wed 17-Aug-05 10:46 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
655 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#40510, "I bet it was Cheese Whiz. You poor misguided fool. nt"
In response to Reply #12

>Fire away the email!
>
>p.s - I'm never wrong and always interpret everything
>correctly. Except for that one incident in 1986.

Dukreg (Guest)Thu 11-Aug-05 07:54 PM

#40374, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Srinlete Ur'kana-Smithe the Prot..."
In response to Reply #0

Wow, you will be missed. You were an -awesome- High Priest. Sucks that what we spoke about never came into action. I wish you the best with your next char.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #40373 Previous topic | Next topic