Subject: "(DEL) <SYLVAN> Raukyr the Ranger Hero" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #4012
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 28-Nov-01 01:32 AM
Member since 27th Apr 2024
16815 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4012, "(DEL) Raukyr the Ranger Hero"

Wed Nov 28 01:30:34 2001

6 o''clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 19th of the Month of Nature on the Theran calendar Raukyr perished, never to return.

Race:felar
Class:ranger
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SYLVAN, the Sylvan Warders
Hours:442
PK Ratio:88% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DEL) <SYLVAN> Raukyr the Ranger Hero, Raukyr (Guest) (Guest), 28-Nov-01 01:38 AM, #1
     Reply RE: (DEL) <SYLVAN> Raukyr the Ranger Hero, Kareza (Guest) (Guest), 28-Nov-01 04:07 AM, #2
     Reply RE: (DEL) <SYLVAN> Raukyr the Ranger Hero, Raukyr (Guest) (Guest), 28-Nov-01 05:04 PM, #6
          Reply RE: (DEL) <SYLVAN> Raukyr the Ranger Hero, Paelnor (Guest), 28-Nov-01 11:21 PM, #11
          Reply RE: (DEL) <SYLVAN> Raukyr the Ranger Hero, Raukyr (Guest) (Guest), 30-Nov-01 01:21 AM, #14
               Reply Do me a favor?, Paelnor (Guest), 30-Nov-01 10:53 AM, #15
          Reply RE: (DEL) <SYLVAN> Raukyr the Ranger Hero, Kareza (Guest) (Guest), 29-Nov-01 05:26 AM, #12
     Reply RE: (DEL) <SYLVAN> Raukyr the Ranger Hero, Nivek, 28-Nov-01 09:09 AM, #3
     Reply RE: (DEL) <SYLVAN> Raukyr the Ranger Hero, Raukyr (Guest) (Guest), 28-Nov-01 05:08 PM, #7
     Reply What???, Kerfta (Guest) (Guest), 28-Nov-01 10:55 AM, #4
     Reply RE: What???, Raukyr (Guest) (Guest), 28-Nov-01 05:14 PM, #9
     Reply RE: (DEL) <SYLVAN> Raukyr the Ranger Hero, Isildur, 28-Nov-01 12:02 PM, #5
     Reply RE: (DEL) <SYLVAN> Raukyr the Ranger Hero, Raukyr (Guest) (Guest), 28-Nov-01 05:10 PM, #8
          Reply RE: (DEL) <SYLVAN> Raukyr the Ranger Hero, Isildur, 28-Nov-01 06:17 PM, #10
     Reply RE: (DEL) <SYLVAN> Raukyr the Ranger Hero, Unaliaron/Ralicazin (Guest) (Guest), 29-Nov-01 10:03 PM, #13

Raukyr (Guest) (Guest)Wed 28-Nov-01 01:38 AM

#4013, "RE: (DEL) <SYLVAN> Raukyr the Ranger Hero"
In response to Reply #0

I wasn't around enough to warrant keeping all my precious felar only stuff. For those who I traveled with it was fun and I had a blast being the ghost ranger. I miss the oldies, Plyate, Feirhuld, Keneagh. In any event I'll be around in some form or another when I can be and I'll miss berating grouped assassins for ruining snares with blindness dust and teasing bards about being dull-witted. Have fun
See ya in the fields
Raukyr
And I was not ever fluffy I was intimidating damnit!
Uller and Sebeok great job!
I just hope those who remain in sylvan can make a better showing for themselves. It's effectively become a non-entity for the most part.
Good luck guys and girls

Kareza (Guest) (Guest)Wed 28-Nov-01 04:07 AM

#4022, "RE: (DEL) <SYLVAN> Raukyr the Ranger Hero"
In response to Reply #1

No no, Kareza was intimidating, *you* were the
fluffy one! Thanks for the travels, I hiked with
you a few times to some interesting places.

Now that it's all over and done with, I think you
should come forward and admit that the same player
was behind Raukyr and Jugynheim. Come on, how dull-
witted do you think *we* are?

In theory, I could be proven wrong or just outright
dismissed as a fool. In any case, all the best.

Raukyr (Guest) (Guest)Wed 28-Nov-01 05:04 PM

#4023, "RE: (DEL) <SYLVAN> Raukyr the Ranger Hero"
In response to Reply #2

You're not wrong. I'd heroed Raukyr and then decided I wanted to play a cloud giant ranger. Lost my fast skills in the wilds and not with Jug so, Raukyr suffered lack of play while Jugynheim was around tons.

Sorry Cronin, I couldn't be around as Raukyr 'and' Jug, and since Jug was the leader I felt it was my responsibility to be on as often as possible; though likewise I couldn't tell anyone. Especially when you and Ezelhecil would rightfully pick on Raukyr for not being around as much as he should have been. I had three heroes over the course of Raukyr's life so I was around alot just in different forms.

I liked you Kareza, though I faired alot better against you in sparring with Jug for obvious reasons. You did confuse me with how you acted that one night as Jug but it was fun.
I'm curious as to how I was so obvious if you're up to divulging my giveaway, contrary to what Isildur said Raukyr never had a speech impediment, and he was a nice occasional break from Jug's simple mode of speech.
Take care,
Raukyr

Paelnor (Guest)Wed 28-Nov-01 11:21 PM

#4025, "RE: (DEL) <SYLVAN> Raukyr the Ranger Hero"
In response to Reply #6

Raukyr was a decent warder to have around, and was quite a bit different from Jugynheim, but also the same in some manners. Maybe Kareza picked up on that too. When the Jug came around, I took my guess of 3 people it could be. I quickly eliminated one, and the other took a little longer. Anyhow, was it possible that whatever I did wrong to Raukyr carried over to Jug? Because I sorta know what you say I did wrong with Jug, but I'm not so sure I know what I did to Raukyr. And you did say that when you deleted you'd "voice your opinions" about me.
*snicker* Also, didn't Raukyr abuse his powers like Jug once did?
Anyhow, that's another warder down. Someone should up and revive the cabal.

-Paelnor, singing "The Watcher"
P.S.(I make it a rule, if I hold more than 1 character, never to have them in the same cabal. It doesn't really make sense, and I'm not sure how you did it.)

Raukyr (Guest) (Guest)Fri 30-Nov-01 01:21 AM

#4026, "RE: (DEL) <SYLVAN> Raukyr the Ranger Hero"
In response to Reply #11

Well, like Jug, Raukyr was all about team. (This owing to a strong background in playing ragers.) and though I came to understand (often from painful experience) that lone hunting as a ranger is often preferable I just never felt you were a team player. Granted there's no need for you to defend how you played, it takes all kinds but likewise knowing that that's how I am it's not surprising I get disgruntled when someone doesn't appear to be a team player.

You never did anything specific to Raukyr to make me not like you. And I was determined to keep each char's interactions with you as seperate as possible. At one point you had finally gotten on my good side with Raukyr and yet when I'd play Jug there just always seemed to be this tension. That's good I think all things considered.

I don't remember Raukyr ever abusing his powers, certainly not how foolishly I'd done with Jug. I think I was once berated by Uller for neglecting a wall of thorns after a raid or big fight but aside from that I don't recall a specific instance.

As for voicing my true thoughts... Well I'd rather not because I'm not here to antagonize anyone and I'm afraid with how our past post interaction has gone that's how whatever I said would be received so I think silence is best. If I failed anywhere that is blatantly obvious it was that during Raukyr's lifetime early on you were around a bunch, and with Jug you weren't except rarely so I did take exception to that. However I've always thought that it's good when someone 'wants' you to be around more often right?
Have fun and give'm hell with the next!
Raukyr

Paelnor (Guest)Fri 30-Nov-01 10:53 AM

#4027, "Do me a favor?"
In response to Reply #14

And straight email me?

<ben_naman@yahoo.com>

Thanks,
-Paelnor

Kareza (Guest) (Guest)Thu 29-Nov-01 05:26 AM

#4024, "RE: (DEL) <SYLVAN> Raukyr the Ranger Hero"
In response to Reply #6

>I liked you Kareza, though I
>faired alot better against you
>in sparring with Jug for
>obvious reasons.

Honestly I am not sure what those reasons were.

Except you did hit more hard on the serpent strike
than I did, and the felar dex advantage just dont cut it
on high ranks.

>You did confuse
>me with how you acted
>that one night as Jug
>but it was fun.

Well, yes, it was a twist. I was very close to deleting
that night. But boy, was I happy I did not when shortly
after came the Village war and that was fun. I logged the
armitage/nerylana/goapa/wildenstift showdown, talk about
great action.

>I'm curious as to how I
>was so obvious if you're
>up to divulging my giveaway,

It was very obvious to me.

1) Raukyr invited me to join him on hikes here and there
much like Jug did, and showed same level of competence.

2) Raukyr checked on me from time to time, when I was out
exploring in the wilds. Jug did the same thing.

3) You had a smiliar touch when writing notes, especially
in the way they were signed.

4) I never saw Jug and Raukyr online at the time. Then I
started suspect so I once asked Jug "Do you know Raukyr?"
and he replied that he never had met him. I had seen Raukyr
online several times, during the time when Jug usually would
come around as well. So, that was mighty strange

And, I could see the rationale behind making a felar ranger,
discovering the ranger is a great class, and that wielding
two axes and having a massive bearcharge would make it even
more great.

>contrary to what Isildur said
>Raukyr never had a speech
>impediment, and he was a
>nice occasional break from Jug's
>simple mode of speech.

Right

>Take care,
>Raukyr

You too.

Christoffer

NivekWed 28-Nov-01 09:09 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
0 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4020, "RE: (DEL) <SYLVAN> Raukyr the Ranger Hero"
In response to Reply #1

Ouch, you don't even remember your old pal Cronin. Well thanks a lot. I had a good time travelling and hunting with you but seriously wish you could have been around a lot more. If you had been, I probably wouldn't have deleted. Oh well.

Good luck on your next. Take it easy.

Cronin

Raukyr (Guest) (Guest)Wed 28-Nov-01 05:08 PM

#4021, "RE: (DEL) <SYLVAN> Raukyr the Ranger Hero"
In response to Reply #3

Sorry old pal, I liked running around with you and there were times that I wished I could have aided you more directly when playing my various other characters but I had to try to keep things in the realm of acceptable play. Read my response to Kareza below for the whys and wherefores of my repeated absence.
Take care and I missed you in the Grove when you left.
Raukyr

Kerfta (Guest) (Guest)Wed 28-Nov-01 10:55 AM

#4018, "What???"
In response to Reply #1

No mention of me? I am sure I gave you and Braiden countless hours of misadventure and just outright good times and I don't get a mention? BAH I say!! Why is it no one appreciates a player that can die over and over again to the simplest things and never learn? Well It was great knowing you. We did some good things and we watched Kerfta die a lot. That about sums up our relationship right there. Take care and perhaps one day we'll meet again.

Kertie!!!

Raukyr (Guest) (Guest)Wed 28-Nov-01 05:14 PM

#4019, "RE: What???"
In response to Reply #4

*comfort* I met so many fun people over the course of Raukyr's life that I felt overwhelmed at the prospect of trying to make even a passing mention of all of them. Also I hated deleting but again, I didn't truly have a choice.
Kerfta and misadventure are synonymous and don't let anyone tell you different. Though Braiden was no slouch either. *cackle*
Had tons of fun with you and you acted more like a giant with how you faught than an elf.
Take care old friend,
Raukyr

IsildurWed 28-Nov-01 12:02 PM
5969 posts
#4015, "RE: (DEL) <SYLVAN> Raukyr the Ranger Hero"
In response to Reply #1

I thought you did a great job. Enjoyed talking with you as Adannae before she got inducted. Two felar rangers with speech problems gets old fast, though.

Raukyr (Guest) (Guest)Wed 28-Nov-01 05:10 PM

#4016, "RE: (DEL) <SYLVAN> Raukyr the Ranger Hero"
In response to Reply #5

I didn't have a speech impediment! *chuckle* I was sad to see you vanish when you were older, I'd liked you as an applicant because you put alot more thought into your character than most did with regard to seeking the Grove. Such is life, sometimes we just have to give up the ghost and find something that appeals to us more.
Later,
Raukyr

IsildurWed 28-Nov-01 06:17 PM
5969 posts
#4017, "RE: (DEL) <SYLVAN> Raukyr the Ranger Hero"
In response to Reply #8

re: more thought

Yeah, and I payed for it in spades. *smirk* It was cool interviewing with Feirhuld and Plyate for so many hours, but after a point I just wanted to start spouting the "standard Sylvan line". But yeah, Adannae was fun. I had hoped to get a quest from Yanoreth so that I could correct my speech patterns IC...but never got around to asking for it.

Unaliaron/Ralicazin (Guest) (Guest)Thu 29-Nov-01 10:03 PM

#4014, "RE: (DEL) <SYLVAN> Raukyr the Ranger Hero"
In response to Reply #1

Hey, sorry to see you go. Rangers are great, and I remember you from my felar ranger Sylvan from Plyate's time. You gave me a couple of helpful things. I'll miss ya. Make another Sylvan sometime, help us out, Sylvan is always fun.

Rali

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #4012 Previous topic | Next topic