Subject: "(AUTO) [None] Mantherial the Druid of the Full Moon" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #39851
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 19-Jul-05 04:00 PM
Member since 22nd Sep 2024
17176 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#39851, "(AUTO) [None] Mantherial the Druid of the Full Moon"

Tue Jul 19 16:01:30 2005

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 17th of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Mantherial perished, never to return.

Race:wood-elf
Class:druid
Level:40
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:78

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Daurwyn (Guest)Tue 19-Jul-05 05:18 PM

#39858, "Don't have time to mud these days"
In response to Reply #0

Shame, because I really enjoyed this character. The only thing to sour it was Salrath never being available to speak to me. Only once did our times overlap, and he said he'd speak to me later. Then he didn't, and wouldn't respond to his own cabal either. I assume he had some reason, but it ticked me off.

Thanks to Grurk and Kastellyn for the empowerment.

Props to my enemies, with the exception of a certain pair of cheating thieves that got caught passing gear or something (but I enjoyed killing you), and Petorian, who made a lot of claims about kicking my ass but failed to do so, then complained that I'd brought help because I had a wooden adder with me. All the others were pretty cool. Only Dazan killed me when I got overconfident. I knew he was resistant to poison but I still went with a Call of the Wild that uses poisonous bite, instead of a wolverine. Then I got my tactics wrong and didn't prep at all (this char never prepped but he did have some on him), so died. That said, he didn't full-loot me as I hadn't full looted him when I killed him on eastern.

Whatever Rogue's druid was called... I felt like you were just looking for an excuse to attack me. You didn't risk it when I was talking with other outlanders. You jumped me when I was badly hurt and without creatures, so I'm glad I killed you. All that crap about how you earnt all your gear by killing was obviously #### since someone posted on your pbf about giving you nice gear. I had to laugh at the time because on one hand you were telling me that you never took anything from those you killed, and on the other you were claiming you'd earnt all your gear from those you'd killed. I hadn't taken all your stuff until you complained. It was lying on the ground two rooms away. I went back for it because you annoyed me too much. Incidentally, spores and thornheart don't really do much to a druid who knows what he's doing, which I didn't the first time we clashed, but which I did 5 minutes later when we clashed again.

If I could spare the money, I'd post my pbf, as I liked my role, but I can't afford it.

Liked most of my allies. Was fun talking with you even if I rarely hunted with you. Had some pretty bad luck with this character too. Every time I explored, I found a deathtrap. Sure, they looked like deathtraps from the next room, but there's only one way to be certain. Then my connection went when I was one mob away from level 41, and as my group didn't notice that I was no longer doing anything, we all got minced up by a group of 3 sahuagin that I'd have otherwise be able to handle perfectly easily. I think one of my groupmates was also a kill away from ranking so it was pretty unlucky all round.

I'll probably attempt a similar character to this again, when I have the time. I do find druids are a bit too powerful though.

Oh, birdform seems fine to me. I found it pretty useful.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #39851 Previous topic | Next topic