Subject: "(AUTO) [None] Hoomazar the Unholy Bishop, Cheaply Bough..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #38992
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 16-Jun-05 05:44 PM
Member since 21st Sep 2024
17174 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#38992, "(AUTO) [None] Hoomazar the Unholy Bishop, Cheaply Bought"

Thu Jun 16 17:45:57 2005

At 8 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 7th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Hoomazar perished, never to return.

Race:fire
Class:anti-paladin
Level:47
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:150

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

incognitoThu 16-Jun-05 06:38 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#38993, "Seems I auto'd"
In response to Reply #0

Well, this one falls under the category of "disgusted as to how I was brought down".

To his credit (in my eyes), the guy that killed me left/returned some of my gear.

However, I couldn't believe that after I mob-died, someone would set a trap for a ghost, and spring it as soon as I unghosted. Maybe it is just me that doesn't consider ghosts to be pk-potential.

Anyway, I'd promised a person that I would play a certain kind of character, and since Hoomazar died when I was about to leave on holiday and loose my gear anyway, all that I was planning to use him for was to explore silent tower. But yet again, another character goes without me ever getting there.

Hoomazar made most, if not all, of his kills solo. It wasn't part of his role, it was just how stuff worked out. Basically he had no shame, and, in fact, was kind of proud of the nefarious stuff he did. He had no shame in admitting that he wasn't going to fight villagers that could go mad in battle etc.

Trib wise, I got booted for taking a bribe of 20 gold to leave Hamsah until I got unholy blessing. Hoomazar knew he would get promoted really fast, and therefore his plan was to be back in town before the criminals managed to do what they planned to in town. Therefore he'd get 20 gold, honor the bargain, and still arrive to hinder criminals. That was the plan. Instead, he was booted and whilst being interrogated about the event, time elapsed, and the criminals achieved what they had hoped for. I'm not really complaining, because I think it is better that trib imms slap anything suspicious down than having loads of corrupt tribs around. However, my ap was rp'd to be weak-willed. He even argued the merits of taking bribes in his interviews for trib.

What did piss me off was convincing all the tribs I was a straight-up guy, only to have an imm tell the provost that I'd broken the law without getting caught. This was, in fact, the only time I broke the law, and was down to him being uncertain about his future.

Anyway, I loved my title "Cheaply bought". That was cool.

I respected my rager enemies, especially those that were logging in against the Empire when heavily outnumbered, and in Rustanviel's case, without rager powers.

I fought to the death most of the time with Hoomazar. It got me killed by Qing, but it also got me a few charges where I won with less than 100hp left.

Qing (Guest)Thu 16-Jun-05 07:57 PM

#38998, "That was pretty mean"
In response to Reply #1

>Well, this one falls under the category of "disgusted as to
>how I was brought down".
>
>To his credit (in my eyes), the guy that killed me
>left/returned some of my gear.
>
>However, I couldn't believe that after I mob-died, someone
>would set a trap for a ghost, and spring it as soon as I
>unghosted. Maybe it is just me that doesn't consider ghosts
>to be pk-potential.

That was pretty mean. And that guy wouldn't have done it, except he took a look at you while you were sleeping, saw you were at full health and completely geared/armed - and just couldn't pass up the opportunity to wait around until you unghosted.

Honestly, if I thought you'd delete/auto over it, I wouldn't have done it - because Hoomazar was an awesome character. I liked how you told me my soul would do more damage against the Empire if it inhabited your axe. But at that moment in time, there didn't seem to be anything wrong with taking a fully armed Anti-Paladin by surprise. (And I did leave almost all your things.)

Daurwyn (Guest)Fri 17-Jun-05 02:06 AM

#39012, "I know you left/returned most things"
In response to Reply #2

The thing is, you'd never find me sitting still like that unless I was a ghost. In my mind, being a ghost means that players will not be gunning for you during that time. (Not anymore though.)

Obviously you feel differently about it, and you are clearly not an asshole since you didn't smack-talk and you did, in fact, return some of my stuff.

I think what made it worse was that I'd said I'd travel with someone in a couple of days, and that was the only reason I logged on at all that day, because I had other stuff on in real life. I then proceeded to eat a mob-death because in Delar-tol as I only had about 30 hp left after killing a duergar, and another repopped immediately which is why I was a ghost in the first place.

Couple that with running into a group of six hunting the lich, and it wasn't exactly a great day.

I wasn't planning to delete or auto over it. My intention was to keep the character alive in case I rediscovered my urge to play him. However, I've been out of town and the character auto'd sooner than I expected.

Incidentally, whilst I agree I was quite well armed, I wasn't quite fully armed, because some of my best gear was rot-death. Not that I think that made a difference in our fight. That was a combo of fighting for two long and fleeing in the wrong damned direction on all but one occasion. I should have broken off as soon as I was blinded but I'd hoped to blind you first and then run on foot.

Hoomazar was never a great character in my own mind either. I never expected to get back into trib but I was kind of annoyed that when I'd convinced the tribs that I was on their side (which I was), someone pointed out to them that during the period when I was not a trib I'd killed someone in town. The rules of the Spire state that I can never have been wanted, not that I can never have broken the law. I tried to keep my corruption to a level that wouldn't spoil the game for anyone. In fact, in the case of Kresh (the only corruption I actually carried out), I remember exactly what it was like trying to mummy when tribs had nothing better to do than try to stop me, so me offering to take a bribe was partly to save him the same problem.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #38992 Previous topic | Next topic