Subject: "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Attawai the Seeker of the Macalla, E..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #38781
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 13-Jun-05 06:21 PM
Member since 21st Sep 2024
17174 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#38781, "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Attawai the Seeker of the Macalla, Elite Imperial Blade"

Sun Jun 12 12:55:43 2005

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 27th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Attawai perished, never to return.

Race:duergar
Class:warrior
Level:43
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:140

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I was the Poison of the Hornet, Attawai (Guest), 12-Jun-05 03:48 PM, #6
     Reply RE: I was the Poison of the Hornet, Qaledus, 12-Jun-05 05:48 PM, #1
     Reply I thought the point was..., Ritur (Guest), 12-Jun-05 06:52 PM, #3
     Reply Its clear you don't have the best perspective., Ritur (Guest), 12-Jun-05 06:47 PM, #2
     Reply Here's my thought of the fearless..., Attawai (Guest), 12-Jun-05 07:31 PM, #4
          Reply Not sure why your so bitter, Ritur (Guest), 13-Jun-05 06:54 AM, #14
     Reply Good Riddance to bad rubbish., Well Wisher (Guest), 12-Jun-05 06:18 PM, #5
     Reply On in force...is a good one., Dalbiddle (Guest), 12-Jun-05 10:24 PM, #7
     Reply Dalbiddle, Attawai (Guest), 12-Jun-05 11:27 PM, #8
     Reply Hrm.., Alelas (Guest), 12-Jun-05 11:33 PM, #9
     Reply Attawai, Attawai, 12-Jun-05 11:53 PM, #10
          Reply RE: Attawai, Alelas (Guest), 13-Jun-05 05:38 AM, #13
     Reply Gusty one, good work. n/t, Thil (Guest), 13-Jun-05 04:19 AM, #11
     Reply RE: I was the Poison of the Hornet, Gvann (Guest), 13-Jun-05 04:27 AM, #12
     Reply Short clarification if my old school Scion knowledge st..., Eskelian, 13-Jun-05 10:29 AM, #15
     Reply Ayup., Valguarnera, 13-Jun-05 12:14 PM, #16
          Reply Maybe add something to the helpfiles?, Enbuergo1 (Guest), 13-Jun-05 01:10 PM, #17
               Reply They're intentionally murky., Valguarnera, 13-Jun-05 02:02 PM, #18
                    Reply RE: They're intentionally murky., Enbuergo1 (Guest), 13-Jun-05 02:09 PM, #19
     Reply What is this?, Dwoggurd, 13-Jun-05 02:40 PM, #20
     Reply Someone going to comment on this?, Wondering (Guest), 17-Jun-05 02:19 PM, #24
          Reply Who cares?, Lhydia, 17-Jun-05 04:59 PM, #25
          Reply Sure, Khasotholas, 17-Jun-05 05:29 PM, #26
     Reply Heh., That felar (Guest), 13-Jun-05 08:02 PM, #21
     Reply farewell, Lunach (Guest), 14-Jun-05 08:26 AM, #22
     Reply You were, Khasotholas, 16-Jun-05 06:19 AM, #23

Attawai (Guest)Sun 12-Jun-05 09:03 PM

#38787, "I was the Poison of the Hornet"
In response to Reply #0

I hope all of those that interacted with Attawai enjoyed my self-proclaimed fame. It was an idea that I had made alot of jokes about, and thought why the hell not. I know there had to be alot of Imperials that hated me, to be honest, I would have expected alot more anger from within than I got. Started the character with the intent to level sit so I could practice my skills. I was oathed at 27 or 28, and Elite by 32. So that made level sitting completely immposible. Had alot of fun with the Character early, but toward the end, it was so frustrating that I was becoming a real ####head to the real world. This shall be the last character I will play for a long long time. So it has been fun over the years but at this point, I see no reason to continue. I have alot of bad comments to make about the factions of thera, but I shall save them to myself. So here are the good things I have to say.

Empire: Had alot of fun, my favorite cabal.
Gvan - Not sure if you liked me much, can't say I blamed ya. I know you heard me rip on quite a few blades. I know it really ticked ya off when I demoted Brutela. If I were in your place, the Citizens would cringe. You seem a bit lacking of CF knowledge, but at your rate of play, I am sure it will not last long. Keep it up, fight on for I shall fight no more.
Divine - Had alot of fun playing with some of you. Tried my best to promote the growth of the Empire by rankin the healers as much as I could. Tried to RP it off as promoting the Word of the Hornet. Even attacked Lunach at an early age for not promoting the Word enough. I'm sure all of you will be glad to see me go. Fight on, for I shall fight no more.
Shadow - Not much of a sect. The Shadow Lord pulled me aside early to speak to me, pretty sure I pissed him off that talk, because I made it clear I was the Poison of the Hornet. Cocky to you, but hilarious to me.
Black - You all shouldn't have a sect. Citizens yes, but sect no. Why should necro's be upstairs when invokers can't be? Makes the Empire seriously disadvantaged when no one wants to play an arcane due to the lack of respect they will be given. All the credit in the world to the Bane, the last true invoker in the Empire, they sure could use another citizen like you.
Blades - Last but not least, my Blades. You all heard more cocky #### out of me than anyone in the game. I feel that is the way a true Empire should be run. If I ever made Emperor, the whole cabal would have suffered the same wrath. Tried to be fair, but never tried to be a common Blade. Sorry to leave the fight to you alone, but fight on, for I shall fight no more.

Village - Grow some balls. Magi and the protectors of them should all be killed. WAR WAR WAR!!! Let the bodies hit the floor of the Fortress, the Refuge, the Chasm, the Empire, and the Spire. To concentrate your attack on a Cabal that looks down upon the Magi within it is rediculous to me.

Fortress - Ya all had it going on when I first started playing. Kickin everyone's ass. How you managed to kill off all the Village evil and never start a war, I'll never understand. But I see that one lich was all it took to destroy your cabal. Now that's what I call interesting.

Scions - To me you all should represent the quest for dark knowledge, rather than the cabal that downs items. You all are good players, and I enjoyed interacting with the few of you. Eshval is a good Immortal, and you all never have to worry about him ignoring you.

Tribunal - Didn't interact with you all much. To me the Tribunal are the public servants to the Empire. I didn't want to intermingle much with you all, cause one should never drink with the help.

Outlander - I hated your Cabal. Couldn't see if there were any of you about, then I head there. Attack the guardian, and get empathy from someone I can't harm. That empathy #### is rediculous, I nearly died when fighting the guardian alone. Then when you all are on in force, you are on in force.

To everyone I have played with over the years, thanks for the good times. I have enjoyed playing countless characters. Futaleufu, Shanta, Jornada, Ounlee, Napthaniel, Onahu, Tygart, Khlandihik, and many, many others. I leave CF now after spreading the 'sickness' to as many folks as I could over the years. I shall spread the sickness no more, for I can't endorse what I have grown to hate so bad. To think I used to tell folks it was a game that was perfectly balanced by the Immortals.

QaledusSun 12-Jun-05 05:48 PM
Member since 09th May 2004
458 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#38788, "RE: I was the Poison of the Hornet"
In response to Reply #6

>To think I used to tell folks it was a game that was perfectly balanced by the Immortals.

We don't even make that claim.

Anyway, see you when you get back.

Ritur (Guest)Sun 12-Jun-05 06:52 PM

#38791, "I thought the point was..."
In response to Reply #1

That everything had a good RP purpose, and at least 'some' power in pk relevant to that purpose.

This is the reason Necro's are nasty pkers, Invokers have a great amount of tools in their mastery and healers can't do crap in a straight out fight.

If you roll up a duergar warrior, its going to be good at what Warriors are good at. Considering specs, race and legacies... I can even begin to figure out what that might be

Thats why I love this game. I don't care about balance. Its about making believable and fun characters. Thats all I try to do.

Ritur.

Ritur (Guest)Sun 12-Jun-05 06:47 PM

#38790, "Its clear you don't have the best perspective."
In response to Reply #6

And I suggest you try looking through anothers eyes in terms of... well, just about everything you said.

Not sure what you set out to achieve with this character, but I hope you enjoyed something of it. See you next time.

Ritur

Attawai (Guest)Sun 12-Jun-05 07:31 PM

#38793, "Here's my thought of the fearless..."
In response to Reply #2

Eat a ####, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

Ritur (Guest)Mon 13-Jun-05 06:54 AM

#38822, "Not sure why your so bitter"
In response to Reply #4

But its clear you take things far too seriously. Try to relax!

Ritur

Well Wisher (Guest)Sun 12-Jun-05 09:02 PM

#38789, "Good Riddance to bad rubbish."
In response to Reply #6

Having had the misfortune of having to play around all of the characters your listed, I am glad you are leaving. Jornada, Shanta, Onahu, Khlandihik, Futaleufu... No matter what happened to any of those characters you seemed to find some excuse for losing any fight at all and usually that excuse was absolutely absurd. I was lucky enough to not have to deal with this latest incarnation, but I'm certain from your farewell post alone that this character was every bit as annoying and stupid as all the rest.

Have a nice life.

Dalbiddle (Guest)Sun 12-Jun-05 10:24 PM

#38799, "On in force...is a good one."
In response to Reply #6

You obviously can't see in the trees, so I'll let that little thing go. However, I did like fighting you, too bad you didn't stick it out and come into more power for the better fights.

Oh well, good job, luck with whatever.
Dalbiddle

Attawai (Guest)Sun 12-Jun-05 11:27 PM

#38801, "Dalbiddle"
In response to Reply #7

Can't say I enjoyed fighting ya. But hey, thanks for the good-bye. You all have a good thing going for the Refuge. Enjoy destroying what's left of the Empire.

Alelas (Guest)Sun 12-Jun-05 11:33 PM

#38802, "Hrm.."
In response to Reply #6

I very much disliked you and your "I am the Sting of the Hornet" whatever, whatever... when you bitched out that elite hero when he was demoted (for not playing enough I suspect) and then bitched out brutela and demoted him, all Alelas could do was snicker. then you tried to tell me to put centurions on the road. I am like, you want to play like that?! I out rank you and am an elite too so I replied "I will place centurions when and if I want" Yeah, Alelas wanted to make sure you were in your place too. I didn't talk much over CB because I thought everyone was too buddy buddy in there and often kept showing their own weakness. Anyhow, you'll be back.

AttawaiSun 12-Jun-05 11:53 PM
Member since 12th Jun 2005
1 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#38804, "Attawai"
In response to Reply #9

You had to love that bitchin. Even got the attention of the Father of Anger when I did both. I tried not to press on you as hard, cause you were Elite. You did good by not punkin out like the rest of them did. Though, I will be honest. If I could have anathema'd ya for standing up to me like that, I would have. The game is just way to stressful for me to play right now, got real problems that should be stressing me instead. One thing I didn't understand is how you thought things were all buddy buddy when you got me spouting out authority, being anything but buddy buddy with everyone.

Alelas (Guest)Mon 13-Jun-05 05:38 AM

#38820, "RE: Attawai"
In response to Reply #10

I was aggreeing with you on that. The rest were all that way. With Simka and Grao and whoever else. Also a lot of people would just spout that they were defeated over CB. I always cringed and if I ever made Warmaster, any blade to show weakness to anyone outside the sect would be instantly demoted.

Thil (Guest)Mon 13-Jun-05 04:19 AM

#38815, "Gusty one, good work. n/t"
In response to Reply #6

n/t

Gvann (Guest)Mon 13-Jun-05 04:27 AM

#38816, "RE: I was the Poison of the Hornet"
In response to Reply #6

Well you're right mostly in all about me. I have good knowledge about CF... but CF of 1998-2001 years, now much is changed, and I am still new with all this. I even forgot much from all I knew.

As for Attawai... yeah I didn't like you much. You was something like that Dwarves enemies for me... a blade who always speak. Several times you was close to be anathema... just becouse you made me angry. But as Emperor, I knew I need more skilled blades... and you was really skilled, so I calmed my anger. Only at the end, I started to like what you was doing... Damn man, you should not detele, you had much potential and would become war master for sure.

Good luck with your next, and, damn, come back to the Empire... we, damn, need more such ones as you are.

EskelianMon 13-Jun-05 10:29 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2023 posts
#38830, "Short clarification if my old school Scion knowledge st..."
In response to Reply #6

In regards to downing items, it helps them overall. There's a reason they do it, aside from just being mean. To them it actually represents part of their goals.

ValguarneraMon 13-Jun-05 12:14 PM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#38832, "Ayup."
In response to Reply #15

In regards to downing items, it helps them overall. There's a reason they do it, aside from just being mean. To them it actually represents part of their goals.

Yes, on two fronts.

1) The items themselves are powerful artifacts linked to large-scale forces.

2) Scion's deal with their otherplanar freelance allies is rooted in mutual utility. You want to impress upon them that your utility as hands and eyes on this plane outweighs your value as soul-food (*). You want to impress them that you are a big chief among this world's little tribes, and worthy of them showing up and clawing people on your behalf. Taking items is a show of force over a potentially powerful group. Grr. Alpha male.

Now, taking items from groups that are actively serving as your tool is less encouraged. This doesn't mean ranking and loading up your respective clothing closets with Empire (or whoever) is a good plan, as you're strengthening another group which you shouldn't trust. Exploiting them, good. Relying on outsiders, bad. Fine line.

As a veteran of Master, I wanted to make sure the sensible cabal direction wasn't isolationist. (Keep our item, don't worry much about others.) Scion can be hard to ally with (largely after seeing the Team Evil nature of its first incarnation... which led to things like certain Scion abilities treating non-Scion groupmates as enemies), and you shouldn't ever really feel safe doing so.

(*): Which everyone knows is tasty. Pass the hot sauce.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Enbuergo1 (Guest)Mon 13-Jun-05 01:10 PM

#38839, "Maybe add something to the helpfiles?"
In response to Reply #16

If you're willing to go on record here, adding to the helpfiles on Scion powers would be, er...helpful. I was the freaking Advisor and I didn't know what half the stuff did. So much for the Enbuergo Powergame

ValguarneraMon 13-Jun-05 02:02 PM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#38845, "They're intentionally murky."
In response to Reply #17

Scion is a small-membership cabal with powers that are supposed to be mysterious. I like that you can play one for a fairly long time and still find things out. It's also why the "helpfiles" are done the way they are.

("Back in my day" aside: Back in my day, cabal leaders inducted people, and talked to them about what the powers are, how to find your way around the cabal area, etc. For whatever reason, I think this rather useful tradition has gone by the wayside.)

I'm all for clarity for the majority of skills- I've written a ton of helpfiles on that front. However, for out-of-the-way niches like this, I think the allure of something rare/unusual is more important than the need to spell things out.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Enbuergo1 (Guest)Mon 13-Jun-05 02:09 PM

#38847, "RE: They're intentionally murky."
In response to Reply #18

> "Back in my day" aside: Back in my day, cabal leaders inducted people, and talked to them about what the powers are, how to find your way around the cabal area, etc. For whatever reason, I think this rather useful tradition has gone by the wayside.)

Hey, I'm with you here. I'm from your day, or earlier. However, if when I was Advisor, someone in Scion were to have approached me and asked, I would have had to lie or refuse to answer because I as a leader had no clue. And this was after reading all the tomes, having many many meetings with the Scion imms (Eshval, Beroxxus, Mekantos, Muuloc, Dreaa; the Hydra always seemed a bit reclusive, heh), etc. Murky is great, but I still wouldn't have minded being tossed a rather small bone.

DwoggurdMon 13-Jun-05 06:21 PM
Member since 20th Jan 2004
668 posts
#38848, "What is this?"
In response to Reply #6

Attawai's Imperial History
Sun May 29 17:20:33 2005 - Lvl:32 Promoted by Khasotholas to Echelon 4
Sun May 29 16:44:00 2005 - Lvl:32 Promoted by Grurk to Echelon 3
Sun May 29 02:47:02 2005 - Lvl:30 Promoted by Brutela to Echelon 2
Sat May 28 03:56:25 2005 - Lvl:27 Promoted by Gvan to Echelon 1

Four promotions within one day?

Wondering (Guest)Fri 17-Jun-05 02:19 PM

#39029, "Someone going to comment on this?"
In response to Reply #20

Or is it just conspiracy-theory central time.

LhydiaFri 17-Jun-05 04:59 PM
2390 posts
#39034, "Who cares?"
In response to Reply #24

If the guy is being an outstanding citizen and more then one person notices in less then a 24 hour period, more power to him. I have a feeling that if someone is doing great, they're going to want to put him as high as they can ASAP to attract more people to the cabal by saying, 'Look! We give praise where praise is due!'

KhasotholasFri 17-Jun-05 05:29 PM
Member since 23rd Apr 2003
341 posts
#39035, "Sure"
In response to Reply #24

I can only speak to me promoting him. I found him and another blade sparring. I appeared and said if either fled, they'd be anathema. Then I said whoever won would be promoted. Attawai won. He was promoted. I didn't even bother to check how recently he'd been promoted before.

That felar (Guest)Mon 13-Jun-05 08:02 PM

#38870, "Heh."
In response to Reply #6

I wasn't surprised to see you join the empire and shoot up through the ranks, but you have to admit, the "pointless" title you had when you were rank sitting at 15 was hilarious.

ooc, I'm sorry we never got to fight again, even thought I am sure you would have beat me more than I beat you, I'm sure the fights would have been fun. Unfortunately, IC, you said some things that IC completely shut down that possibility with my char. There were many times when I wanted to talk to you, or challenge you, but my char had said that she was done speaking to you.....and she just could not break that.

So, we ended with Me 1, you zero. Heh. Just hope you understand it was because of some ic things going on...not because of any cowardice my character or I had.

Lunach (Guest)Tue 14-Jun-05 08:26 AM

#38905, "farewell"
In response to Reply #6

You surely pissed me often, and we both knew that. still, had to work together, and sometimes that worked good. At the end you even seem grow calm a bit. Tho, claming being a Poison of Hornet surely was going made me mad, no need to say this that often.
All the time i was traveling with ya, i was shaking my head, trying to remember the name of person you was like, "Jornada", got it only when red your farewell. Another hot headed duergar blade And the end is very like too. Still, very nice roleplay, being a bitch isnt that easy, and you did good with that. My best regards to you, and see ya in the fields.

KhasotholasThu 16-Jun-05 06:19 AM
Member since 23rd Apr 2003
341 posts
#38971, "You were"
In response to Reply #6

Well-played as a Blade. Neat all around character to watch. Really bizarro last three sentences in your farewell, however.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #38781 Previous topic | Next topic