Subject: "(Deleted) Mikatra the Brutal Fang, Nightreaver of Thar-..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #38725
Show all folders

Mikatra (Guest)Fri 10-Jun-05 08:11 PM

#38725, "(Deleted) Mikatra the Brutal Fang, Nightreaver of Thar-Eris"

Deleted Mikatra and I'll be away for the weekend. I'll post goodbyes and thoughts on evil outlanders when I get back. I enjoyed making this my ultimate PMS character and pissing off everyone I could.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (Deleted) Mikatra the Brutal Fang, Nightreaver of T..., Brodie (Guest), 13-Jun-05 10:46 PM, #16
Reply The Dirty Felar, Mikatra (Guest), 14-Jun-05 12:04 AM, #19
Reply Goodbyes, Mikatra (Guest), 12-Jun-05 11:37 PM, #2
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Runaktla (Guest), 12-Jun-05 11:53 PM, #3
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Mikatra (Guest), 13-Jun-05 02:28 AM, #6
Reply The one bit of feedback that I have, Gumbldink (Guest), 13-Jun-05 12:04 AM, #4
Reply RE: The one bit of feedback that I have, Mikatra (Guest), 13-Jun-05 02:30 AM, #7
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Janderl (Guest), 13-Jun-05 02:21 AM, #5
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Mikatra (Guest), 13-Jun-05 02:32 AM, #8
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, Janderl (Guest), 13-Jun-05 03:46 AM, #10
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Gvann (Guest), 13-Jun-05 04:39 AM, #11
Reply Unspeakable Things, Mikatra (Guest), 14-Jun-05 12:07 AM, #20
Reply Ranger, Thil (Guest), 13-Jun-05 04:49 AM, #12
Reply Druid, Mikatra (Guest), 14-Jun-05 12:09 AM, #21
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Qing (Guest), 13-Jun-05 04:39 PM, #13
Reply Good Sunny, Mikatra (Guest), 14-Jun-05 12:01 AM, #18
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Lyristeon, 13-Jun-05 08:04 PM, #14
Reply Hunting, Mikatra (Guest), 13-Jun-05 11:58 PM, #17
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Saqzawaz (Guest), 13-Jun-05 10:08 PM, #15
Reply Assassin, Mikatra (Guest), 14-Jun-05 12:10 AM, #22
Reply Pansy!, Dalbiddle (Guest), 14-Jun-05 01:18 AM, #23
Reply Posey!, Mikatra (Guest), 14-Jun-05 03:12 AM, #24
     Reply Wildernessfamiliartiy+rangersweapon, Krilcov (Guest), 14-Jun-05 08:56 PM, #25
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Arminas (Guest), 15-Jun-05 01:18 AM, #26
     Reply Six Pack, Mikatra (Guest), 15-Jun-05 03:03 AM, #27
Reply thanks, Krilcov (Guest), 11-Jun-05 12:50 PM, #1
     Reply RE: thanks, Mikatra (Guest), 13-Jun-05 02:32 AM, #9

Brodie (Guest)Mon 13-Jun-05 10:46 PM

#38875, "RE: (Deleted) Mikatra the Brutal Fang, Nightreaver of T..."
In response to Reply #0

For not doing the evil thing often, I thought you pulled it off fairly well. I actually didn't know you were evil the one time we grouped around a neutral to hunt Owlbears. I just thought you were a short-tempered fela and I made an assumption that you were neutral. Silly me.

After that, I tried to be civil, but often ignored you and mostly didn't do what you wanted because well, you were evil and it was fun not paying attention to someone who ordered me around.

You did kick my rear that one spar we had. I probably should've left well enough alone when I stunned you, but I'm not very good at leaving well enough alone. Which of course is how I ended up dead while trying to retrieve that last time when you were in the Weald.

Anyway, good luck on the move and come back to the lighter side of gray.

Mikatra (Guest)Tue 14-Jun-05 12:04 AM

#38880, "The Dirty Felar"
In response to Reply #16

Oh! The owlbears was fun. I remember that I was going to betray you because I found out you were a goodie. Then I found out you were Outlander, so I begrudgingly kept you around for a bit. Good character. I enjoyed our interactions.

Mikatra (Guest)Sun 12-Jun-05 11:37 PM

#38803, "Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #0

I deleted because I'm moving in a couple of weeks, and if I have a character, I'll play her. I'm easily distracted like that. Also, hero range at the moment is somewhat lacking.

This was my first successful ranger past the 34th rank and my first ever evil character. So, I didn't know how really to be evil. My bajillionth Outlander, and, being evil, I tried to push the envelope in every way conceivable. I regularly attacked Outlanders (and probably killed more than I should have), conspired against the other leaders, showed little respect to the Ancients, and various other things. But, it was fun to try to see what I could get away with. Now, I'm out of ideas of how to be bad. So, my next Outlander (if I decide to not go harass another cabal) will probably be much more well-behaved.

Evil Outlanders really rock. Being a ranger, I always had the ability to camouflage, so it helped a lot with things like avoiding Maran when I wanted and being unseen by Trib and Empire. Ignite is a wonderful skill now and even vandalize became quite useful. With a set I had when I reached hero plus my ranger spear, some skills, powers, inherent, and a prep, I was able to reach 103 damroll for a few hours at a time. This was quite nice to say the least. I wouldn't have been able to do it unless I was a felar, though. Felar rangers really are quite awesome. Thanks to everyone who interacted with Mikatra.

Goodbyes >

IMMs:

Lyristeon - Sorry for disrespecting you so much. Mikatra wasn't the friendly type, and if I ever met you face to face, I was going to try to kill you. Would have been a fun death for me.

Feral Ancient - Thanks for making me Nightreaver. You have better material to work with now that I'm out of the way.

Outlanders:

Fereksah - My right hand felar. I loved conspiring/hunting with you. We had a lot of fun together and shed a lot of each other's blood. After you deleted, I put in my role that I became pregnant by you in our last duel. Would have been fun to play that through. I think I would have either given the baby to Innis for something nice or simply eaten it. Your legacy was awesome.

Qing - You're a great Sunwarden. I enjoyed our travels, though I think we were a bit too friendly with each other. You're really doing an awesome job. I would have liked to kill you once for good measure.

Salvreth - My only complaint is that you're not around the same times I am. From when we do interact, you're a great Harbinger and strong as anything.

Dez - Good healer character. I know how boring it is to be a healer, so I would try to provide adventure whenever we were both available. Fighting dragons naked is fun.

Kazren - You're shaping up nicely. I hope the Ancients notice that too. You always put up a good fight at the Tree.

Arminas - I don't think I ever got to shed your blood, but I wanted to hunt you at least once.

Baltherias - A good solid druid. Sorry I killed you that once in the Weald. I thought you were more prepared than you were. We had another great fight later in the Azreth. That was fun.

Enemies:

Ithzaruul - I had three deaths to you. There was nothing I could do against you. You really are quite powerful and well-played. Great job.

Gvan - A very gutsy, smart emperor. The two times I was lucky enough to snare you, your shroud fell. I got you to convulsing both times before you got away and that frustrated the everything out of me. Still, the demeanor you exuded made it seem that they were mere annoyances and that you were in no real danger anyway. Very well played. I had fun trying to make you believe I was a young ranger willing to spy for you.

Etisrrus - No interaction other than catching you sleeping and killing you, and snaring you that one time. Good luck with everything.

Gordath - I really wish you were around more so that we would have had more fights. As it was, we only fought a couple times in the woods and you ran both times. The other times, I would run into Galadon and harass you, burn down the city, and taunt you from the captain. Was a lot of fun.

Suma - The only reason your name sticks out is because I felt a bit cheated when you let Dulmisa come to assassinate me at the Altar of Tribunal. I'm guessing that was just law interpretation, but had I been a tribunal, I would have made the Imperial wait outside. I lost my awesome set when you plundered my corpse too, which was icing on the cake. Oh well. Good luck.

Any others whom I interacted with that I forgot, post and I'll reply. It was a lot of fun being evil, but I don't think I'll try another one of those types of characters for a long while.

Runaktla (Guest)Sun 12-Jun-05 11:53 PM

#38805, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #2

You pulled off evil well. I liked you so much that
I wanted to bait you into coming to the Chasm,
regardless of our exchange of words.

- Runaktla

Mikatra (Guest)Mon 13-Jun-05 02:28 AM

#38809, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #3

I always meant to get around to attacking you, but you were more useful as an ally than an enemy and you didn't strike me as the type of Chancellor who would take my attack and be friends afterwards. I did enjoy our interactions a lot, though. We made good short-term allies.

Gumbldink (Guest)Mon 13-Jun-05 12:04 AM

#38806, "The one bit of feedback that I have"
In response to Reply #2

I'll abandon the Gumbl-speak for a moment, since you're not really used to it. You came upon the Fortress once, snaring one of the invokers while generally trying to annoy me as a dwarf. This happened once.

I get annoyed sometimes, as a player, when I feel like I'm being attacked simply because the other individual is bored. That's how I felt when you finally came upon the Fortress trying to get me. It was pretty clear at that point that there was nothing else for you to get involved in so you were going to go all the way down your list of enemies to the point where it said "Dwarves mine and are therefore anathema to Outlanders" and decided that that was a good enough reason to attack.

I had not heard a word about Mikatra before that. I thought you were neutral until you made Nightreaver. The only time I was even forced to pay attention to you was when Fereksah attacked me and took my staff of striking which was ultimately given to you.

I guess the point of the post is this: If you're going to hate dwarves (or goods) with such fervor that you set up camp outside of their cabal...it should be clear from your actions throughout your character's history. It shouldn't be a matter of being bored OOC and finally deciding that maybe you're character hates dwarves afterall because there's nothing else to do.

If any of the above is misguided or off-base, I apologize. Opinions are like assholes...

Mikatra (Guest)Mon 13-Jun-05 02:30 AM

#38810, "RE: The one bit of feedback that I have"
In response to Reply #4

Actually, it was never "I hate dwarves today." Mikatra was the friend of no one and enemy of nearly everyone. Its just that I had so many other people to hunt that by the time I got around to you, we were both heroes. Actually, I hadn't really heard of you either until I was hero. I didn't remember ranking up and there being a dwarven healer. But I did come after you that one day because someone (IC) told me you were in the fort.

Janderl (Guest)Mon 13-Jun-05 02:21 AM

#38808, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #2

Haha. My one encounter with you spun me for a loop! IF you remember, can you explain to me what that was about?

Janderl

Mikatra (Guest)Mon 13-Jun-05 02:32 AM

#38811, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #5

Weren't there a few times I tried to kill you? I remember once was when you were under the Tree and had adamantite. And another time, I just felt like attacking. Ranger vs. ranger is always fun, but felar ranger trumps cloud ranger.

Janderl (Guest)Mon 13-Jun-05 03:46 AM

#38814, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #8

Yeah, I was thinking of the time I gave you a certain staff and you just charged me. Heh. Really perplexed me. Anyway, good luck to ya!

Gvann (Guest)Mon 13-Jun-05 04:39 AM

#38817, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #2

Liked our fights, becouse all the times, there was not only a fight, but some words from you, it makes the game more interesting.

And yeah, one time I was really lucky to escape when you all was there, having me snared.. you, shifter and a druid.

As for that case with young ranger... well I understood it was you after about five tells... your manner to talk was well known by Gvan . Sorry, that I stoped responding... was busy that time.

Good luck with your next.

Mikatra (Guest)Tue 14-Jun-05 12:07 AM

#38881, "Unspeakable Things"
In response to Reply #11

That fight was SO frustrating. In retrospect, if I had set a deadfall in one of the directions, I would have had a 50% chance of finishing you. But, I didn't think about that until afterwards. You were always a great opponent and you're doing great as Emperor.

Thil (Guest)Mon 13-Jun-05 04:49 AM

#38818, "Ranger"
In response to Reply #2

I enjoed our talks on cb channel, Thought I was always ready to a knife in my back. Shame you deleted so early.

But good luck on your next. See you.

Mikatra (Guest)Tue 14-Jun-05 12:09 AM

#38882, "Druid"
In response to Reply #12

Mikatra despised the Innis-follower druids. Was always ready to come after you when you weren't expecting it.

Qing (Guest)Mon 13-Jun-05 04:39 PM

#38857, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #2

Great character. Great roleplay. Wish I could have done more to raise my own to match it!

Mikatra (Guest)Tue 14-Jun-05 12:01 AM

#38879, "Good Sunny"
In response to Reply #13

You do an excellent job as Sunwarden! I enjoyed making you nervous whenever I'd fight another Outlander in front of you. I had to laugh out loud when I killed the druid and then you looked at me and started spelling up. You've always had great RP from what I've seen

LyristeonMon 13-Jun-05 08:04 PM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#38871, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #2

There is disrespect and then there is disrespect. You did it the way I would expect a Nightreaver to do it. You weren't disrespecting me from a religion side or anything like that, so it is all good. As far as attacking me goes, I have never stopped anyone from trying. You did a good job with the talking the talk, I was waiting for you to start walking the walk. Good luck with your move and come on back when you get settled in.

Mikatra (Guest)Mon 13-Jun-05 11:58 PM

#38878, "Hunting"
In response to Reply #14

>>You did a good job with the talking the talk, I was waiting for you >>to start walking the walk.

I think my greatest problem with this character was first finding people outside the city, and then actually killing them. If I would have figured that out, I probably would have had a few more non-Outlander pks under my belt. As it was, I would go in and harass lawmen whom I could harm and either send them running to the Spire, or have to run myself. Thanks for the chance, though.

Saqzawaz (Guest)Mon 13-Jun-05 10:08 PM

#38874, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #2

I liked interacting with Mikatra, the few times we did. You did evil well. Just thought I'd say that.

Mikatra (Guest)Tue 14-Jun-05 12:10 AM

#38883, "Assassin"
In response to Reply #15

We got to have some time on the mount. You seemed an able assassin. Would have been interesting to have a third felar learn with us, but I don't think we ever got around to that.

Dalbiddle (Guest)Tue 14-Jun-05 01:18 AM

#38886, "Pansy!"
In response to Reply #2

You deleted before you even let me get to hero and those fights could occur. Then you totally just leave me out! You were scared! I know it!

Great job, good nightreaver IMO

Dalbiddle

Mikatra (Guest)Tue 14-Jun-05 03:12 AM

#38892, "Posey!"
In response to Reply #23

lol. How could I forget the gnome? Wanted to tear you to pieces for insulting me so much. Oh, and so you know there was no conspiracy, I meant the other gnome that popped his head into the area, not you, when I told that ranger to kill the gnome. I still think I would have won, hands down, against any of your forms. Muhahaha!

Krilcov (Guest)Tue 14-Jun-05 08:56 PM

#38931, "Wildernessfamiliartiy+rangersweapon"
In response to Reply #24

sorta hurts porcs and most other things. Not that I ever fought a single shapeshifter with my ranger. Just gangs of...ok no hating.
I LOVE YOU BRINDELBIN.

Arminas (Guest)Wed 15-Jun-05 01:18 AM

#38944, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #2

Have to say I am sorry too. I was genuinely looking foward to
being a slippery as possible with you. Unfortunately the real
world kept we away for a couple of weeks. Thems the breaks. I
will miss the banter and lip smacking. You had a way of making
me feel like the lone acolyte standing in the middle of a pack
of scions. Frrrrightening.

Arminas

Mikatra (Guest)Wed 15-Jun-05 03:03 AM

#38948, "Six Pack"
In response to Reply #26

It was fun trying to balk you. I'm surprised you showed up to heal me whenever I wanted. I made it clear I was only using you. Oh, and when I awoke from that healing sleep after you outlined me and cursed me, I was spamming 'charge Arminas', but you were already gone. Would have been fun to catch you off guard. Good luck continuing on! Its time for you to hero now.

Krilcov (Guest)Sat 11-Jun-05 12:50 PM

#38733, "thanks"
In response to Reply #0

from what little we talked about, you led me to think about my character as a whole a lot more. sorry for any #### i gave you.

Mikatra (Guest)Mon 13-Jun-05 02:32 AM

#38812, "RE: thanks"
In response to Reply #1

Keep doing what you're doing and I'm sure you'll be fine. I probably was meaner than I should have been to you, but it was tough love, I swear!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #38725 Previous topic | Next topic