Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Rulcorr the Legend of the Battlefi..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #38679
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 09-Jun-05 08:40 AM
Member since 21st Sep 2024
17174 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#38679, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Rulcorr the Legend of the Battlefield"

Thu Jun 9 08:38:32 2005

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 32nd of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Rulcorr perished, never to return.

Race:dwarf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:170

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Goodbyes from Rulcorr, ORB, 15-Jun-05 06:43 PM, #5
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Rulcorr the Legend of the Batt..., Cytherea, 15-Jun-05 12:43 AM, #4
Reply I liked this character., nepenthe, 12-Jun-05 12:00 PM, #3
Reply RE: I liked this character., ORB, 15-Jun-05 06:42 PM, #6
Reply Worfless sack o' orc dung!, Gumbldink (Guest), 10-Jun-05 02:29 PM, #2
Reply Well done, Amaranda (Guest), 09-Jun-05 07:36 PM, #1

ORBWed 15-Jun-05 06:39 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
993 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#38961, "Goodbyes from Rulcorr"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Wed 15-Jun-05 06:43 PM

Well Rulcorr was one of those throw away characters that just took off. I never had any written role, just a vague outline in my head. I just played him as dwarf like as I could, and tried to play off the other dwarves in the fort. I've always wanted to try a mace/dagger sisters warrior, but dwarf was definately not the way to go. While dwarves rock, not being able to really get my skill to work drove me nuts. It always seemed like feast or famine, either I'd rock someones world or they mine. This is my second goody and my first in many many years. Was hard sometimes not killing mobs like Ludan for gear, or plotting how to kill one of the many goodie gear horders for a rare piece. I really liked the Fortress folk, but waiting to become a Maran was annoying. In the end I got fustrated with him so decided it was time to play something else.

Fortress Folk:
Gumbldink - You kept me laughing out loud. Always a good time when we traveled and your RP was awsome. I did get spoiled after a while since I'm not used to having people go out of their way to help you. I'd get into bad situations knowing you'd come bail my ass out. Good times keep up the work.

Bruggadon - You were a beast. You knew your #### and it was always fun traveling with you. Still shocked I beat you twice in duels. I'd thank you for all the help but I know how you feel about that.

Amaranda - Another person who always kept me entertained with her antics. Alot of fun. If you only knew how many feathers I had. ;P

Caradoc - Very well played but I could tell you wanted a leadership position so bad it hurt. Especially with your long winded speeches. I didn't mind them though, and your questions helped keep a sense of military on the squire side of things.

Sol - Always forget how to spell your name. Another beast of a Paladin, I thought you were another shiny collector paladin, but you grew on me. Solid RP throughout and you weren't afraid to kick some ass. Though it killed me that the strange bracers were wasted on a Paladin.

Honorable mentions - Kiel, Leqiel, Obane.

Enemies:

Ithzaruul - We had some good fights, never got you but a couple of times you got the drop one me.

Rastoreen - We seemed to have a mutual hatred of each other IC, but OOC I liked having a constant enemy. Well played.

Scion Invokers - You made my life miserable once you started with the quicksand/dispel at the maran. All of you were well played though.

Deoli and Azeg - I always tried to go after the village darkfiends just because it has always seemed to me like the Fort and Village ignore each other way too much. You guys put up good fights but I always wound up winning.

Gvan - That one fight we had was intense, curse my dwarven dex for missing so many attacks.

Runtakla - At first I thought you'd be a push over, but soon learned to be wary whenever you were about. Good job bringing the Scions around from nothing.

Viscar - Good fights, I always seemed to run into you at times when I wasn't at full strength though. I would have loved a fight at my peak with you. A real beast, keep it up.

Imms :

Aarn - Very cool Imm. Lots of Immteraction that kept the Fortress fun.

Innis - Another great Imm. You had me laughing out loud that time we got trapped and I decided to drink myself out. Thanks for the wineskin too, little stuff like that makes such a big difference to players. Was so mad when I lost it the next day to a big gang bang.

Cytherea - If you make half as good an Imm as you were a player you'll be a great addition to the staff. Keep up the good work.

Anyone I forgot, sorry my memory is shot.

Till next time,

ORB

That which does not kill us,
makes us stronger.

CythereaWed 15-Jun-05 12:43 AM
Member since 13th May 2005
67 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#38942, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Rulcorr the Legend of the Batt..."
In response to Reply #0

Something about you dwarves in the Fort gave me a soft spot. You were no different. Enjoyed you around and hope you have fun in the future.

cytherea@carrionfields.com

nepentheSun 12-Jun-05 12:00 PM
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#38779, "I liked this character."
In response to Reply #0

Didn't want this to pass off the BF entirely without my comment. I was pretty impressed with what I saw, even if my most memorable interaction with Rulcorr is coming up on the wrong side of him. Ouch.

ORBWed 15-Jun-05 06:42 PM
993 posts
#38962, "RE: I liked this character."
In response to Reply #3

Wow, that's quite the compliment coming from the Deathful Nepenthe. You must have fought me on one of my better days. Good to have you back around again and thanks!

That which does not kill us,
makes us stronger.

Gumbldink (Guest)Fri 10-Jun-05 02:29 PM

#38720, "Worfless sack o' orc dung!"
In response to Reply #0

All dese fargin' bastids deletin'. Dur only so much a fargin' heala can do yehs know. Ah cannae gut heathens by muhself. Ah cannae even wield a sensible fargin' weapon! Yeh was a stout bastid and ah rememba comin' up wif yehs. Ah also rememba agreein' we'd fargin' collect coin togetha for deh Fortress Forge, but ah donnae remember seein' a fargin' coin from yehs! Ah goes out and collects a million coppa and ah get nothin' from me partna! Bah! Anaways, a dwarf wieldin' daggas? Yeh kin was probly as ashamed o' yeh arse as mine are o' meh! Fargin' AXES yehs short-bearded bastid! A...X...E...S. AXES!

Fargin' roll up somethin' tuh gut heathens wif meh again!

Amaranda (Guest)Thu 09-Jun-05 07:36 PM

#38709, "Well done"
In response to Reply #0

I know when I first saw dwarf mace dagger spec, I was...uh, confused. But you assured me you were, indeed, murderous, even if you were having a rough couple days, so!

Murderous or not, I really liked this character, very fun to rp with! I hope you try Fortress out again.

And leave my damn tail feathers alone! All y'all!

M

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #38679 Previous topic | Next topic