Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Jobaik the Mino warrior." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #38639
Show all folders

Jobaik (Guest)Tue 07-Jun-05 10:50 PM

#38639, "(RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Jobaik the Mino warrior."

Alright, a couple of apologies first up. Sorry to the scions for deleting so soon, I really was wanting to rank up fast to bust skulls with all the highly skilled mages. And I apologise for a somewhat ranty/all over the place post.

I originally went to roll a different type of evil to try for scion but as I was about to roll I saw a mino slot was open so I leapt at the chance! I wanted Jobaik to be a pretty deceptive character in how he acted with people. He would group with ragers and imperials but would outright lie when they asked what he sought in life. He used them to his own benefit, wether it was for ranking, or 'helping' a villager retrieve, but not grouping with, just so he had a meat shield for killing the imperials defending, whatever took my fancy. I also played dumb around people, short giant-like sentences yet around most scions or people I respected I would speak properly in thought out sentences and remarks, albeit distorted by mino speak. Mino speak is both a boon and a burden. Places like the High tower of sorcery, not being able to get a prism meant killing the golem everytime I wanted something from in there, which was alot. Also quests where they only accept a Yes but yours comes out as Yeth (or something similar). How can a mob not understand a Mino yes as being a yes?! ARGH!

I deleted because too many frustrations built up. First it was sitting at rank 33-35 for 3 weeks straight. I would log on every night and ask everyone who I was able to if they wanted to rank. I would either be met with silence or flat out no, or they were people I was enemies with. I played imperials to get them to rank with me, I played anyone who didn't know what my intentions were to get me where I wanted to go. But only getting 2 ranks for 3 weeks really got to me, especially when both those ranks were in the same session. The fact I had a mangled role put in, nowhere near as good as I had wanted, didn't explain anything really and put me in a problem of working out how I could add to it and still make sense. My fault for being too brash and rushed when thinking and writing it I guess, I should take me time.

I went pole and axe and for some reason Mino make crappy pole specs. I would tank alright in pks but giant sized sword specs would tank so much better. Also gearing a mino is an absolute pain, lack of having any decent hoof or head wear is a ####, from memory I had no head wear after the Newbie Cavern soft leather, but what was more annoying was the inability to use giant only gear. One would think that being giant sized would allow you to, but it doesn't. So not only can you not use any decent head wear or foot wear but you can't even use giant only weapons, yet you can use two handed weapons in one hand. For example, I would be able to use two handed axes in one hand, and dual wield weapons with them but I was unable to use Jumnarl's axe. To me that doesn't make too much sense. I am giant sized and evil but I can't use giant_only evil_only gear.

One of the things that really got to me was a fight with Livion. When you use an Aura potion, shield, haste and stone skin and exploiting his vuln with both specs as a warrior against a non-berserker rager and you can't even get him below half health before you need to get out or die then you know something is haywire with your class/specs/whatever.

Scions, you guys rocked. All of you. Sure I had to wait ages to get inducted but I didn't care too much for that as I find it gives more a chance to prove oneself.

Runaktla - You were cool, loved the talks we had even if it was hard for you to understand me.

Lumiere/Nhil - Thanks for the gear and the shields. It was the biggest pain not being able to see improved invis as I would constantly get tells by Someone and would have no idea which it was! But you guys were both great from what I saw.

Viscar - Your a machine, a well oiled, frothing at the mouth, machine of pain. The couple of times we grouped we ended up destroying the people we went after, it made me happy.

Baerius - Those times gaunting/talking with you were great. I found it funny that you had eight ranks on me yet we had pretty much an exact same pk range. Good times.

The only other Cabal I really interacted much with was the Fort...

I may have been annoying attacking the Maran so much, even when I was not inducted into scion, but know that it was good fun for me.
Which leads me to thank the Imm who was watching me then. There was a time that I was repeatedly killing the Maran and telling the fortress members that they could stop it, they could end it all, stop me hurting their Maran etc just by doing one dance for me. To Jobaik this wasn't because he wanted power over the Maran, or to order them, it was because he wanted to break them, he wanted to make them submit to him. He tried to play at their emotions to do it, telling them that it was their pride that was killing the Maran, that their pride was greater then their beliefs and so on. I was doing this for awhile when I recieved some Imm exp, I was overjoyed! But it didn't stop me doing it, about 20 mins later I recieved more exp! So to whomever the imm(s) was I can't thank you enough, that really brightened my day up.

The same goes for one of the only times I logged in as a scion (I wasn't inducted all that long before I deleted). I log in to see both Eshval and Dreaa as well as a nice handful of scions, I then defended against two villagers, killed both at the Nightwalker. Eshval appears as I am resting by the Archmage and gives me the Head from the village. I was so confused I just sat there for a moment before downing it. Thankyou Eshval, you make me want to make another scion and perhaps a follower of yours, I have heard nothing but good things of you.

Any comments or whatever I would be pleased to hear them.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

EshvalWed 08-Jun-05 08:55 PM
Member since 22nd Aug 2004
519 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#38669, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Jobaik the Mino warrior."
In response to Reply #0

Being a mino can be a drag sometimes. Having been there, I learned how to write as soon as I could so I might have some folks understand me. Quest-wise, I agree...it is a pain not to be understood.

As far as your character, you stood out well and I saw lots of effort from you. Maybe next time you will have more luck in the ranking part, as level-sitting for that long can be discouraging.

Good luck.

Eshval's email
BlackMarquessa@gmail.com

Eshval's slightly off-center (unofficial) blog.
http://blackmarquessa.blogspot.com/
Carnivàle
http://cirquecarnivale.wordpress.com/

Jobaik (Guest)Wed 08-Jun-05 10:11 PM

#38670, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Jobaik the Mino warrior."
In response to Reply #3

Thanks, I had wanted to make the most of being one of the few minos around it's just a shame I couldn't convert.

The ranking thing is just sad. All the mages I have played have ranked faster then that. I know the whole game starts at level 1, but I prefer to rank up fast so I have a much wider range of skills/ways to rp/places to rp, so it becomes a drag when I get held back for some reason. That I wanted to go bust some skulls with your current troupe of Scions!

Ithzaruul (Guest)Wed 08-Jun-05 11:40 PM

#38671, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Jobaik the Mino warrior."
In response to Reply #3

So that's what you did with the Head? Hah.

Runaktla (Guest)Wed 08-Jun-05 02:13 AM

#38643, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Jobaik the Mino warrior."
In response to Reply #0

Other than the fact that you didn't show after awhile
or at least not that I could see I didn't resent inducting
you. At least, on the upside you aren't logging in just to
stay logged in until you accidentally auto-delete. I really
appreciate that, although sucks you rage deleted. Did not
know a whole lot about you since our interactions were
somewhat limited but I saw a lot of potential as being a
tip-top Scion since it seemed to me you had the mentality
for it that fit the Chasm, just hadn't reached its heighth
yet which I'm sure you would have very quickly.

Shame it took long for me to bring you in but you aren't and
won't be the only one saying that, not by far. Luck with the
next.

- Runaktla

Jobaik (Guest)Wed 08-Jun-05 02:43 AM

#38644, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Jobaik the Mino warrior."
In response to Reply #1

Thanks, means abit coming from such you. I was actually on alot but due to my geographical location and the fact I work from midday to 8pm my play times are very odd when compared to Americans. The only time I was sure I could catch you was on weekends when I could play during the morning and day if I wanted. But I was around a fair bit, if I am passionate about chars (which I was up until I got stumped at 35) I play them most nights for a good handful of hours.

Jobaik

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #38639 Previous topic | Next topic