Subject: "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Rusenlan SevenSong Lu'mindred the V..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #38583
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 05-Jun-05 07:56 AM
Member since 21st Sep 2024
17173 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#38583, "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Rusenlan SevenSong Lu'mindred the Voice of Rage, Veteran of Battle"

Sun Jun 5 07:55:58 2005

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 15th of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Rusenlan perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:281

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Rusenlan SevenSong Lu'mindred t..., Kiel (Guest), 05-Jun-05 09:14 PM, #9
Reply The End, Rusenlan (Guest), 05-Jun-05 09:57 AM, #2
Reply RE: The End, Lumiere (Guest), 05-Jun-05 10:06 AM, #3
Reply RE: The End, Ithzaruul (Guest), 05-Jun-05 11:39 AM, #4
Reply Forgot about you, Rusenlan (Guest), 08-Jun-05 02:43 AM, #19
Reply I thought you were great, Artelin (Guest), 05-Jun-05 01:19 PM, #5
Reply Thanks, Rusenlan (Guest), 08-Jun-05 02:46 AM, #20
Reply Fargin' pointy-eared women!, Gumbldink (Guest), 05-Jun-05 04:37 PM, #6
Reply Well Played, Etissrus (Guest), 05-Jun-05 08:08 PM, #7
Reply Heh..you wouldn't have imagined.., Rusenlan (Guest), 08-Jun-05 02:56 AM, #21
Reply RE: The End, Nhil (Guest), 05-Jun-05 08:26 PM, #8
Reply RE: The End, Rusenlan (Guest), 08-Jun-05 03:00 AM, #22
Reply RE: The End, Runaktla (Guest), 05-Jun-05 11:18 PM, #10
Reply RE: The End, Gvann (Guest), 06-Jun-05 03:17 AM, #11
Reply RE: The End, Gerylanst (Guest), 06-Jun-05 10:19 AM, #12
Reply Commander!, Rusenlan (Guest), 08-Jun-05 03:13 AM, #23
     Reply RE: Commander!, Gery (Guest), 08-Jun-05 08:36 AM, #29
Reply Boo! :P, Haelstrom (Guest), 06-Jun-05 02:47 PM, #13
Reply Keep going!, Rusenlan (Guest), 08-Jun-05 03:17 AM, #24
Reply RE: The End, Ledifel (Guest), 06-Jun-05 04:11 PM, #14
Reply I really liked you..., Livion (Guest), 06-Jun-05 08:49 PM, #15
Reply Oops..Sorry about that.., Rusenlan (Guest), 08-Jun-05 03:21 AM, #25
Reply Is shame, mre?, Ritur (Guest), 07-Jun-05 03:59 AM, #16
Reply Nen.., Rusenlan (Guest), 08-Jun-05 03:29 AM, #26
Reply Well Played!, Kastellyn, 07-Jun-05 11:40 AM, #17
Reply Thank you, Rusenlan (Guest), 08-Jun-05 03:43 AM, #27
Reply Good job n/t, Geaho.. (Guest), 07-Jun-05 02:16 PM, #18
Reply A great character, incognito, 05-Jun-05 08:58 AM, #1
     Reply If I guess correctly.., Rusenlan (Guest), 08-Jun-05 03:45 AM, #28

Kiel (Guest)Sun 05-Jun-05 09:14 PM

#38597, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Rusenlan SevenSong Lu'mindred t..."
In response to Reply #0

Not much I could do with you, since you kept trying to attack me and I kept trying to avoid attacking you.

I saw you as ghost so many times, but you kept on going. We need players like that! And you played Ginharq? I thought she was a great character. Make a Fortress this time, we're going to need it. Scion/Empire is having the pendulum swinging their way!

Kiel

Rusenlan (Guest)Sun 05-Jun-05 09:57 AM

#38586, "The End"
In response to Reply #0

This char was a blast to play, her rp was lots and lots of fun. At the lower ranks, the only thing that kept her going was her rp, which I enjoyed playing lots. Then suddenly, I just lost interest playing. Just like that. I am puzzled at myself too since I usually ‘must’ play everyday.

Battle bards are fun to play, Defenders are awesome. Perhaps I should have gone scout, but I’ve tried that before and wanted to try something else, and I enjoyed playing a Defender. 2nd battle char, both bards, still my favourite cabal out of the 3 I’ve tried! Didn’t kill very many people, and died too much, but it was fun fun fun.

Immortals :
Kastellyn – Thanks for the induction, interaction, con quest, etc etc..you rock! I totally enjoyed and appreciate everything, you’re an awesome imm. Only one that called Rusenlan by her Chosen Name as well, which she loved. The wait to get inducted was quite torturous , but hey, it was really worth it. I hope you enjoyed the poems, and when that room gets built, I can't wait to see it!

Ordasen – You’re probably the one who makes the Destructor say stuff, which is really cool. ‘Fargin well done’ or ‘Get your arse here’..heh, makes the Destructor come alive and part of the cabal, which is great. You seem to be around more than people realise as well. Thanks for everything, and the Rites! Always wanted to participate in one they seem like lots of fun.

Mortals :
Battle :
Gerylanst – Great Commander! You lead and command really well. I enjoyed being under your command, and raiding with 2 bards is lots of fun. You watched over your men well, yet I still knew who was boss. Realllly sorry about the inn incident, I am the blurrest person I know (irl too heh)..just that I remember you telling me you were banned from the eternal star inn before, and somehow I just linked it to that. I think I’ve met a previous char of yours, taught my 1st battle char a lot about the cabal. Truck on you rock.

Ritur – Har! Mighty Ritur! Hey, one of Rusenlan’s best buddies although she of course, refuses to admit. Your rp is rock-solid, and you seem to do equally well in PK. A pity you couldn’t turn up for the Rites, ooc I was rooting for you on Drillmaster. You made me laugh so many times, and you make a rather big impact on the cabal you know. We still refer to Ritur lots when you’re not around. Btw, Vehgor never said you had a head big as a melon.

Ledifel – You have lots of heart, ranking others, raiding, reclothing, etc etc.. Our times didn’t seem to click too much towards the end, but thanks for all the help!

Mitrassek – I liked Mitrassek lots. Thanks for the help gathering the gold!

Livion – Congrats on Drillmaster! I should have voted for myself too! Lol..oh well, I am not a very good leader, more of a support player/follower, so it’s good that you got it too. Deathful suits you indeed.

Vehgor – The dwarvish svirf har! Lots of fun bantering, and another deathful warrior. Keep it up!

Brindlebin – I liked you..believe you’ll make an impact too.

Elorielle – Not sure if you’re inducted yet, but your rp and style stands out impressively.

Scions :
Lumiere – A good and smart enemy. Ripped Rusenlan up easily. Enjoyed the fights however, and watching you defend and win solo with the Nightwalker convulsing against Empire, Battle and Fortress that day was great..good job!

Runaktla – A very enthusiastic Chancellor. Whenever I saw you about, and 1 more scion/ally, I knew a raid was coming. Fun fights.

Viscar – Bash, bash, bash, flurry. I guess if it works, use it.

Empire :
Gvan – A good enemy, unafraid to go against huge odds, and stick around after a few deaths. Liked you a lot, glad you got Emperor. Damn those rots were annoying.

Etisrrus – Bah, I guess I am too impatient. Great job sticking it out and making it to Dread Lord! You seem to have the guts and mind for it.

Fortress :
Gumbldink – Was fun interacting with you! Dwarves are food for Rusenlan’s taunting appetite.

Kiel – Liked you even if Rusenlan gave you the cold shoulder and mean words

Tribunal :
Emonnev – Thanks for leaving my eq all the time, it is appreciated especially at the lower ranks, where all I did end to end was reclothe which was frustrating. You’re a good and smart enemy, and I enjoyed the interactions. About the last time we spoke, sorry I was sleepy and totally misinterpreted everything you said, and my replies musn’t have made much sense heh.

Others :
Various invokers with quicksand – Bleh.

Hoomazar – Enjoyed the interactions as well..where did you go? You seemed a pretty cool char.

Know I’m missing more people out there sorry..just say something and I’ll reply.

Peace out,
Sheryl/Ginharq

Lumiere (Guest)Sun 05-Jun-05 10:06 AM

#38587, "RE: The End"
In response to Reply #2

Impressive character, you just keep coming and coming. Well, that one time, Battle, Fortress and Empire, coming nearly at the same time within 5 mins was tedious. Nearly went out of mana. Which then proceeding to end up killing your character 4 times. OOC/IC, absolutely felt bad about it. Well, con-die villager is way much better than age-die villager. Well done.

Ithzaruul (Guest)Sun 05-Jun-05 11:39 AM

#38588, "RE: The End"
In response to Reply #2

We had some good times, didn't we?
I think you are the kind of player that the MUD needs to attract more of. You're new, you're a "go-getter", and you've already made some noteworthy characters. Good job, and roll another.

Rusenlan (Guest)Wed 08-Jun-05 02:43 AM

#38645, "Forgot about you"
In response to Reply #4

Can't believe I forgot Ithzaruul! Good enemy, you just became tougher and tougher to fight each time I fought you so well done. And even anathemaed, you're holding your own very well. With the scions, you're even more dangerous than before.

And I am not that new Maybe played a total time of about 4 years or so. I'll take a break for now, no point rolling something when I don't have the heart to play. When I do, I'll definitely roll something again, maybe try the other side of the coin I usually play on.

Artelin (Guest)Sun 05-Jun-05 01:19 PM

#38589, "I thought you were great"
In response to Reply #2

Good job all around. I really enjoyed our interactions and I thought your character was great. Good luck with your next.

Artelin

Rusenlan (Guest)Wed 08-Jun-05 02:46 AM

#38646, "Thanks"
In response to Reply #5

I enjoyed our interactions too..the short one we had gathering you eq just before the Rites began with Janiax was fun Artelin was always on the move, never pausing, which is great. All the best with him!

Gumbldink (Guest)Sun 05-Jun-05 04:37 PM

#38594, "Fargin' pointy-eared women!"
In response to Reply #2

Fargin' pointy-ears. Dat 'bout ah'll ah gots tuh say. Fargin' pointy-ears.

Make anotha lightwalka eh? We's gonna need help in few weeks.

Har!

Etissrus (Guest)Sun 05-Jun-05 08:08 PM

#38595, "Well Played"
In response to Reply #2

Battle bards I can imagine are tough to do. But a battle bard with resistance,bard resist AND fiend! OMG were my nightmare (no pun intended). Never landing a spell on you once, I felt that I was reduced to a bashing fool. Such a hue diffence from when we first fought, you weren't in battle yet. I got the deafen in on the third try and things went sour for you. Afterward you were a tough kill. That last scrap in the palace, the skin on the back of my neck was crawling as I just KNEW you there was a chance then next pass could be the one when your fiend timer was ready. With Brindlbin there giving you the extra healing, man it was frustrating. I have to admit though you did give me a chance to try something new I've wondered about in PK.
Wish I had a chance to RP some more with you, I tried some taunting the last time but got no real response.

good luck with the next. See ya in the fields

Rusenlan (Guest)Wed 08-Jun-05 02:56 AM

#38647, "Heh..you wouldn't have imagined.."
In response to Reply #7

The timer to have another chance to fiend you again had actually cleared and I was trying when I managed to catch you standing there without bashing..and it failed 4 goddamn times you lucky bastard (This is both before and after the slash if you wanted to know) Then when it finally worked, you moved away from the room Oh well, stuff like this happens. Fighting in a Palace filled with dwarves, nymphs and creatures every step was annoying, and I couldn't kill them under my rp. Then I got impatient and went up to get you, only to be tracked and bashed by you and the dwarf My fault I know, but it was a long time already and I decided to just go for it.

Good fights, both before and after induction. Luck with Dread Lord!

Nhil (Guest)Sun 05-Jun-05 08:26 PM

#38596, "RE: The End"
In response to Reply #2

I felt really bad when you were repeatedly dying in quicksand, trying to get the head back. Non-flying villagers is really at a disadvantage when retrieving against a voker.

Rusenlan (Guest)Wed 08-Jun-05 03:00 AM

#38648, "RE: The End"
In response to Reply #8

You were nice enough thanks Could tell you were giving the poor bard a chance when you'd place quicksands in the lesser used route home or about. Impressive invoker, and fun fights.

Runaktla (Guest)Sun 05-Jun-05 11:18 PM

#38598, "RE: The End"
In response to Reply #2

I'm learning to dislike fighting Battle bards tremendously,
and even more so with a recent change to something in
particular.

I could tell from the get-go when I first fought you that
you weren't just a pushover. Like was already said, you went
for things when well, things were very, very against your
favor. Even with that, a little surprised you con died so
quickly. The words crafty and persistent apply very much to
you.

- Runaktla

Gvann (Guest)Mon 06-Jun-05 03:17 AM

#38602, "RE: The End"
In response to Reply #2

Excellent job. I enjoed much out interractions. You was hard to fight even when you was alone. I tried to use rot olny when I tactically needed you dead.... not just to have one more kill.

Good luck with your next. I'll say more when I'll be gone.

Gerylanst (Guest)Mon 06-Jun-05 10:19 AM

#38605, "RE: The End"
In response to Reply #2

Damn.
What a bard, what an ally, what a friend. You and I had some fun times, and some fun raids. That raid with me you and Ledifel sticks out in my mind, where you two had falled, and I awoke to be toppled by the imperial hoard.....we went after them, you two were nearly nakked, and killed all but one of them, those are fun times, and I love thinking of stuff like that. I'll post more on my goodbye

Rusenlan (Guest)Wed 08-Jun-05 03:13 AM

#38649, "Commander!"
In response to Reply #12

Hey, thanks for replying! I just read that log and yes it was awesome! I was really happy when suddenly I hear a grand nocturne at the Destructor as he was being smacked badly by the Imperials (didn't hear the 'Gerylanst has joined..'). You really boosted Village morale as both hero and mid-level ranges were almost totally eradicated by Village that day..and the morale carried over for a few days I remember. And this was possible only because you led us well.

One of the reasons I love the cabal, is the comradarie (sp?), and that many don't care so much for eq as just going to have fun pking and messing it even against odds, and mostly don't whine when they lose good sets.

One thing I'll miss is the 2 battle bard team, it was great. Any time you wish, just add me at vanjedahawkerick@hotmail.com

Gery (Guest)Wed 08-Jun-05 08:36 AM

#38658, "RE: Commander!"
In response to Reply #23

Hey, that'd be sweet if you'd post it when I'm dead and gone, I really wanna check that log out

Haelstrom (Guest)Mon 06-Jun-05 02:47 PM

#38609, "Boo! :P"
In response to Reply #2

I am making so many follies with this character it is not even funny but Rusenlan kept him/me going. I think being stubborn and not waiting for empowerment at level 11 to continue leveling helped but even moreso was all the encouragement a certain insane drunken Elf gave me.

Killing an AP who was several levels higher and WHAM blessed was the neatest thing to happen to me so far on CF and I thank you for making me stubborn enough to earn it.I still am messing up but slowly getting better. Get back with a new character so I can have more encouragement. Dang it! :p

Well played, extremely fun to interact with, and an all around blast to watch fight!

Cheers,

Hael's player.

Rusenlan (Guest)Wed 08-Jun-05 03:17 AM

#38650, "Keep going!"
In response to Reply #13

Ahh yes, you stick out in my memory well and clear even before level 10! You're very well role-played. Could tell you were quite new, so I tried to help with whatever I could. You're very enthusiastic, and stubborn yourself. It will be difficult getting a paladin into Battle I believe, and even more difficult once inducted. But it will definitely be interesting and fun. Hope you make it! And I did enjoy all the interactions with you as well, I love bantering.

Ledifel (Guest)Mon 06-Jun-05 04:11 PM

#38611, "RE: The End"
In response to Reply #2

Damn this sucks... I had been a bit busy here in the last two weeks to come back and hear this. Well you were a great friend.. I had alot of fun with you in ranking, and such as you said. As the Commander said that one raid still sticks out in my mind as we killed most all of the Imperials, as well as when we raided the Chasm and felled a few of them. Good times indeed.. as well as the Rites.. which I logged to remember.. Hate I missed those crushing blows then you slept me.. bah.. was frustrating but fun all in all.
Good character and luck on the next.

Livion (Guest)Mon 06-Jun-05 08:49 PM

#38620, "I really liked you..."
In response to Reply #2

You promised me we would travel together and you die like this? Anyways, excellent job, it was a blast having you and Ritur to be around in the morning!! You will be missed a lot, and I hope you make another rager since many of us have cut down their cf hours drastically. Good luck with everything.

Livion

Rusenlan (Guest)Wed 08-Jun-05 03:21 AM

#38651, "Oops..Sorry about that.."
In response to Reply #15

You should start cursing and swearing that Rusenlan didn't keep that one promise..maybe Ritur will have a new target to bully! That should satisfy the kitty til he lands in his own grave Heh..Livion is a cool char for sure..keep on!

Ritur (Guest)Tue 07-Jun-05 03:59 AM

#38624, "Is shame, mre?"
In response to Reply #2

I don't know where Ritur would be without you to bully - I think you were just what his role needed in a best friend. You were elvenly snobbish, yet down-to-earth like a village is. He had songs which were so incredibly useful I couldn't pass them off - yet your talent was clearly your pride and so I had to play it down as much as possible. You were almost a challenge to Bully, yet as his friend you became the easiest. You were really 'nice' for a villager, ontop of this I knew you couldn't really fight me. Made you the perfect target for a lot of abuse you didn't earn. If it wasn't for you, well, I would have ended much sooner on the end of someones spear. I'll explain more when I'm gone, I guess.

'Rusenlan the Boring!' 'Big of Wimp!' 'No is Mighty, never is Mightier than me!'

I hope his insults echo into your grave, because there was a lot of respect in them whether you notice it or not. I guess you really have to stare hard between the lines to see it, but Ritur did value you more than anyone else in terms of friendship. Thanks for it all. And I'll sign this for Ritur...

Ritur Yana-thrahn the Bastard, sorry only when your gone.

Rusenlan (Guest)Wed 08-Jun-05 03:29 AM

#38652, "Nen.."
In response to Reply #16

..No shame, that is how Rusenlan is supposed to die! I am glad you got the snob yet down-to-earth vibe, for that is exactly how I wanted her to be!

I hope you had fun bullying Rusenlan, she was quite serious and straigh-forward and would blow up easily unlike the rest..it did make for fun times over cb channel though, and I vastly enjoyed rping back all the moodiness and anger as it allowed Rusenlan's character to be shown in the clearest manner possible which was great! Ritur's rp gave me a chance to show her character nicely so thanks for that.

I had fun times with you as well..we made a pretty good team, and you led pretty well yourself too. For a period in time, we were leaving corpse trails in our wake. And if he is rping a sorry bastard now, I wish I could see it! If you ever feel like it, feel free to contact me at the link I left in reply to Gerylanst. Luck with Ritur..he's the greatest felar for sure.

KastellynTue 07-Jun-05 11:40 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
864 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#38628, "Well Played!"
In response to Reply #2

Kastellyn – Thanks for the induction, interaction, con quest, etc etc..you rock! I totally enjoyed and appreciate everything, you’re an awesome imm. Only one that called Rusenlan by her Chosen Name as well, which she loved. The wait to get inducted was quite torturous , but hey, it was really worth it. I hope you enjoyed the poems, and when that room gets built, I can't wait to see it!

Fantastic character across the board, I whole-heartedly echo the sentiments of those who have posted before me. You were very well roleplayed, one of the best Battle bards in recent memory - fantastic role, by the way, well-written and to the point. You did exactly what I asked you to do when I inducted you: Inspire and Motivate the Village. I couldn't have asked for you to do a better job. Your many works will be remembered.

You died a lot, but I expected that, especially after watching the way you played. You were reckless, charging into what I viewed as unassailable odds, but more often than not, you'd end up holding your own or even defeating your foes. You would do this solo, or when supporting a group. I remember watching you once heal up the giant from convulsing on the ground to perfect health over the course of a RL half-hour, all without being prompted or even letting others know you were doing it. That kind of solid play is why you earned the accolades that you did, and the respect of every one who interacted with you, friends and enemies alike, especially the Immortals who watched you...and there were quite a few.

You won't make the pillar, and you didn't quite earn the tattoo, but you will be remembered in other ways. There's a special exhibit that will go in the Village Art Gallery, dedicated to the one who got the project off the ground.

Thanks for playing this character! I enjoyed all my interactions with you. Good luck with the next; I am sure it will be another interesting one.

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

Rusenlan (Guest)Wed 08-Jun-05 03:43 AM

#38653, "Thank you"
In response to Reply #17

I am glad I fulfilled your expectation with induction request number 1. But unfortunately, request number 2 (not to die so much), I couldn't do I did try not to be so reckless, and ironically, it was the very next day I lost like 2 con points or so trying to retrieve the head with Seethian. I tried to hold back and not die, but somehow, ended up fighting still. Somehow when I play a Battle char, I just can't say no to a fight.

I never knew you watched boring bandaging of the giant! I actually enjoyed seeing the giant heal from 1 level to the next, and also, during that induction interview, the question about courage was really good. It was under that you helped choose my path and define my rp furthur, which led to remaining behind to heal the giant most times.

I knew I was never going to make it on the pillar, but Rusenlan was a Kastellyn and sphere Pride follower! She had to strive for the best. I was hoping I'd earn the tattoo at least, but when I knew Gerylanst sought it too but didn't have it yet (and he is much better and older than Rusenlan was), I knew I wasn't going to get it.

I am glad you enjoyed the interactions too..it just felt weird to me if I saw you and just went 'hey I want your tat', so I decided if I was going to get it I will get it, and to try and make the interactions with you fun for you in the meantime, since it must be boring at times to interact over the same topics over and over again

I'll definitely roll another Villager and check that Gallery out when it's built! Thanks for giving me the chance to start and be part of it..It means much to me!

Geaho.. (Guest)Tue 07-Jun-05 02:16 PM

#38630, "Good job n/t"
In response to Reply #2

n/t

incognitoSun 05-Jun-05 08:58 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#38585, "A great character"
In response to Reply #0

I was one of your enemies, and I was always impressed by you.

Rusenlan (Guest)Wed 08-Jun-05 03:45 AM

#38654, "If I guess correctly.."
In response to Reply #1

I think I know which enemy it was..and I was impressed by you too..both RP and PK wise.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #38583 Previous topic | Next topic