Subject: "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Ghrulkar the Legend of the Battlefi..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #38348
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 25-May-05 11:20 AM
Member since 31st May 2024
16889 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#38348, "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Ghrulkar the Legend of the Battlefield, Veteran of Battle"

Wed May 25 11:20:48 2005

At 9 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 27th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Ghrulkar perished, never to return.

Race:duergar
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:363

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Ghrulkar the Legend of the Batt..., Alidliril (Guest), 26-May-05 02:24 PM, #19
Reply Nice one., Icthaen (Guest), 26-May-05 10:33 AM, #17
Reply Oop!, Ghrulkar (Guest), 26-May-05 12:49 PM, #18
Reply RE: (CON LOSS), Ghrulkar (Guest), 25-May-05 05:49 PM, #2
Reply RE: (CON LOSS), Wooden troll (Guest), 25-May-05 06:32 PM, #3
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) Ghrulkar, Runaktla (Guest), 25-May-05 08:57 PM, #4
Reply Thanks Bro, Artelin (Guest), 25-May-05 10:06 PM, #5
Reply RE: (CON LOSS), Rusenlan (Guest), 25-May-05 10:33 PM, #6
Reply Doh!, Ghrulkar (Guest), 25-May-05 11:31 PM, #9
Reply Later bro..txt, Grixlin (Guest), 25-May-05 10:33 PM, #7
Reply Memory loss, Ghrulkar (Guest), 25-May-05 11:35 PM, #10
Reply This is, without a doubt, nepenthe, 25-May-05 11:02 PM, #8
Reply Liked Ghrulkar, Iborenn (Guest), 26-May-05 12:45 AM, #11
Reply Hey man,, Tolchec (Guest), 26-May-05 01:11 AM, #12
Reply RE: (CON LOSS), Gvann (Guest), 26-May-05 06:44 AM, #13
Reply Right back atcha, slim!, Uncle Resty (Guest), 26-May-05 07:58 AM, #14
Reply You know..., Ritur (Guest), 26-May-05 08:05 AM, #15
Reply RE: (CON LOSS), Nhil (Guest), 26-May-05 09:51 AM, #16
Reply Hey there, Ira (Guest), 26-May-05 04:35 PM, #20
Reply Great villager, Kiel (Guest), 30-May-05 07:52 AM, #21
Reply Do I really need to log out to change handle? (Sdradiga..., elmeri_, 01-Jun-05 03:42 AM, #22
Reply Why one doesnt mess with deurgar axe spec villagers......., Zakarius (Guest), 25-May-05 12:04 PM, #1

Alidliril (Guest)Thu 26-May-05 02:24 PM

#38385, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Ghrulkar the Legend of the Batt..."
In response to Reply #0

Rest in peace, and good luck.
Seems to me, you maked a good come back char.

Icthaen (Guest)Thu 26-May-05 10:33 AM

#38383, "Nice one."
In response to Reply #0

I only knew you for a short time of your life, but from what I saw you were a great berserker. Bringing you to Aarn's Shrine after we fought was fun and I thought a good example of breaking from the 'you're evil you die' thing that many marans fall under. The world isn't black an' white y'aknow.
I would've liked to follow up on that as I would bet Aarn wouldn't of minded you even for a duergar.
Anyway well done again, and I enjoyed our fights. But damn having to prep up like a biatch just to get you. At least I didn't call in the squad to help. And I think you did kill me in one of our fights ??? I think I only got you once. Much fun, good luck with everything amigo.

Ghrulkar (Guest)Thu 26-May-05 12:49 PM

#38384, "Oop!"
In response to Reply #17

Blast I new I would forget some Maran warriors
Yes you were very respectable, an axe brother
and no push-over. My role which I never got to
writing included being takin in by some neutral
mountain dwarves after being found dying of severe
poisons, there is where he learned of the great
dwarven captain BoltThrower, and held much respect
for the dwarvish kind. Was contemplating seeking
the middle ground, but I new it would have just
made me weaker, Ghrulkar was evil through and through.
I would have really likes to meet Aarn though...
Nice one yourself Icthaen!

Ghrulkar (Guest)Wed 25-May-05 05:49 PM

#38356, "RE: (CON LOSS)"
In response to Reply #0

Whoa yeah, CF is nice, almost too nice. Where else can I kill 363 hours of my life, especially when there is nothing I'd rather be doing?
Haven't played since 1999/2000 when I swore the mud off because it was running my life. My characters include Kirhsaw and Darylal, big reason why I wanted to roll up another battlerager, I think some of the most fun I've ever had were with battle back in the day...

IMMORTALS:

THROR: YOU ROCK, I will never forget you, especially when I was under you as commander of battle, your RP is immaculate and it was sweaty palmed excitement when we went to war, big ups, and you nearly made me cry with that ode

KASTELLYN: Thank you ever so much for the chance to regain some health, was a tough one, just couldn't crack it, and you are an excellent immortal prescence for Battle.

ORDASEN: You struck fear into my very being, you have incredible command prescence, and a fun side to boot, nothing like having immortal lords screaming more blood as you go chopping heads. Thanks

All other immortals: Much propers, didn't interact but nice to know your there...

EMPIRE: Gang-banging full looters, ahh yes now I remember why I hate.

NABBURAK: I seriously doubt I could have beat you solo, sick beast of an A-P, bet you had some good times eh? eh?

MAHKOLVEC: Intelligent and interesting, what happend? nobody knows..

GVAN: Your name suits you well sting of the hornet, a sic shaman, see what you can do with that rag-tag bunch of imperial jokers

BARACUS: Flies on the #### pile, good bye

YAHGAREK: Less of a #### then most, thanks for the good-bye words and kick some Maran ass for me

KRESH: Thanks for the poncho, you are less flighty then most of your type, and also not a full looting ass which you very well could have been.

SDRADIGA: You sure got the hang of bards quick, I kept thinking you were going to be a pot-shot easy kill then, bam, your deadly as sin

ASFAS: Boooooorrrriiiinnnnggggggg

VINSON: A #### and also borring

CEIKALAC(sp?): You were my inspiration, bad, bad ass warrior, I bet all your chars are that sic

MARAN: Gang-bangers save a few, I was boggled by this cabal, had some kind of confusion thinking they were anything like the old knights...

IRAMATH: Best of the best, never seen anything like you, and probably never will, you owned my ass, and showed your honor, much respect

HEAS: Why you little #### talker never minded you comming for fights, you also did not feel obligated to gank squad me, respect

ZAKARIUS: Honor must have been your middle name, also very humble, ya made it so hard to hate ya!! Good fights, and thanks...

KIEL: Respectable invoker and elloquent to boot, plus I have this ooc thing for elves...

BRUGGADON: #### talker! I hate you for that lucky kill you snagged on eastern, and show some composure, your the elimantor of evil, not the town bastard ass, ha

RULCORR: Bruggadon's invalid twin? Few fights, mostly you getting tossed, keep at it though..

SCIERRA: Chop chop

AZIDRETH: Weak sauce, cheap cheap kills, and a ganker to boot

CARADOC: Thats right run, run fast, until you can find someone to hide behind

SOLASARETH: Yikes, could I ever beat you? I think no...well played and with honor as paladins should

SCION: What a strange cabal, skilled players, and one pain in the ass inner guardian.

AKSCEREH: Yeah you got me, I was hoping to even it up with that one fight you posted, thank your lucky stars. Immaculate RP, and composure.

RESTRALL: Pest of the west or east or wherever you wanted to be, I bet people just started to hate you and your snide demeanor too. A healer of legend, I'd like to see you topped, hmm yeah right (p.s. bomb logs)

GRANAAK: Fearsome chasm warrior, with or without a little help

DWOGGURD: You are sic, please don't make any more warriors, heh

RUNAKTLA: If not for spellbane, you would have owned me, but since I did I owned you, ha! Crafty drow, and much conviction, with a nice title to boot, crafting flesh, hmmmm just plain sic

NHIL: Unlimited power!!!!!!!!!!

LUMIERE: You will be glad I'm gone

MENDOZA: mendoza mental hospital?

VISCAR: Nigguh please, been done. ahh well rinse and repeat I suppose

TRIBUNAL: Who likes the law? Not me....

TOLCHEC: Nice combo, a bit rare for arial, decent tactics too, but "brings friends to beat you down"

GORDATH: Best Provst I've seen in well...ever

MELACARFINA: Yes, you are cool, didn't interact much, no offense with that chopping, and *gasp* girls play this game too?

VARGBLOT: You know your ####, I got a log of you guttin me, I'll post it

EMONNEV: What happened? You looked like you were on the come-up, managed to stay clear of some unfortunate deaths anways....

FLIX: Ummm, FLIXSTOPILIXLISDIFJHSIJSDF!!!!!! yeah gnomes right?

ONIKAROTH: three words, pain in ass (nice character)

OUTLANDERS: awesome cabal, bring the ruckus

SALVARATH: You popped me when you were with Kiel, I tottaly messed up anyways, just try loosing the tote mage sometime

QING: May your battles be victorious, I had a wet dream about a storm shaman once, never materialized though....

DRAHKE: Most interesting fire giant I ever saw, bet it was a blast to play

TJOK: serial killa (cool char)

BATTLE: MORE BLOOD MORE BLOOD MORE BLOOD

IBORREN: You were my idol until you basically didn't command battle at all, at least while I was around. My thanks for the hut, and respect for the drow you played

GERYLANST: Ahh, the answer to my prayers, a commander that commands. Thanks for everything, the songs, exploring expiditions, trying to help me find quest item, the drunken slurred commands to war, and last but not least, just for being who you are, mucho props and respect.

VERSHELT: Tough as nails, I looked up to you IC and OOC for Ghrulkar's life. I saw you as veteran slaughtering mages in Galadon when I was just killing dockworkers, and was like, I can't wait to be like Vershelt, heh.

KJELROR: Did you try to steal my slang boyio?

VEHGOR: You are one sick little bastard, I was making a little tally list of all the mages I saw you kill personally, lost count, you earned my respect from the get go

RITUR: You make my heart warm with your RP, being Immaculate as it is, all emotes and speech, well you are just super cool, and mighty!
and a trickster to boot!

DRAXIDAR: Just being a dwarvish battlerager made me want to be your friend, but saw you little, what time I did, was nice having you around.

TUGGLUK: Can't recall much of you, seems you were the "ideal" battlerager so kudos, I thought your title was cool, stonecutter, wicked, plus you used axes so....

MITRASSEK: Liked ya, didn't see you much after a while, but I think we understood each other pretty good.

LIVION: I forsee a place for you on the pillar....

LEDIFEL: Congratz on veteran, you are well spoken, but I can't recall too much action from you, and hey that sucked when you attacked the nighwalker while I was still a ghost Thanks for all the field dressings.

ARTELIN: You kick some pretty good ass, keep it up, you know better than most, no guts, no glory, you might die, but your taking someone down before you go

JEHA: Yes, I remember you, what happend not sure, but RESPECT

To the rest of battle: Good luck with your chars, and have fun!

SPECIAL GOODBYES:

OUNLEE: Ahh copperbottum, you were a dirty little girl, just how I like them. Things could have been different, but you are a great player, and pk tactician anways, and thanks for making me blush, even if you are a dude

JUDDAO: Thanks for attending, you seemed sweet when you weren't trying to make someone's flesh rot off their bones

To everyone I missed: Mudders of the world unite!

Another little side piece:

I found it incredibly frustrating how many people thought they knew how to be a battlerager better than myself, I think Brumbalin was a good example, he would send me these intensly sarcastic tells about how I should come kill the warrior, then pile on a load of #### talk too boot, then scream bloody foul, when I was drivin to madness and chopped at him. Aclandus, give it up, do you really know what your talking about? I mean perhaps you do, OOC know how I should be acting more or less, but IC, suck my dong

peace all, I'm out.........

Wooden troll (Guest)Wed 25-May-05 06:32 PM

#38358, "RE: (CON LOSS)"
In response to Reply #2

Hey buddy, it's Mendota, not Mendoza Hope you're doing well.

Not-Mendoza

Runaktla (Guest)Wed 25-May-05 08:57 PM

#38360, "RE: (CON LOSS) Ghrulkar"
In response to Reply #2

Neato, I remember Kirshaw with some brief character of mine.

You and that mace guy got me real good in the Chasm, well
timed cranial/pincer fest. Here I'm all running in and ready
to disrupt the cranial guy at the Shroud but didn't notice you
two were not only at the base of the stairs but also spamming
pincer/cranial. That equals one dead drow, made me look like a
chump. Bastard. Also that time you and the other pincered me
as I fled your giant, you two set me up nicely.

From my end, despite it being totally normal that the biggest
interaction I get from types like you is being on the
receiving end of the painful side of a pair of axes, you did
seem to have an actual evil side as well, at least due to the
trickery. Congrats on that.

- Runaktla

Artelin (Guest)Wed 25-May-05 10:06 PM

#38363, "Thanks Bro"
In response to Reply #2

You got my respect right away and you liked Artelin off the bat it seemed like, which really means a lot. I'm definately more of a finesse player with him, and its kinda interesting seeing what I can and can't do well. Thanks for some fun times, and all the help learning.

Artelin

Rusenlan (Guest)Wed 25-May-05 10:33 PM

#38365, "RE: (CON LOSS)"
In response to Reply #2

No love for the elf!? Well I enjoyed Ghrulkar, thanks for the great interview/rec, i enjoyed it a lot. You were much older than me (like a grandfather?), so was a bit jittery around you. I liked when Ghrulkar woke, lots of action when you do! I'm sorry you didn't get to find that sword, I was keeping an eye out for it too. Overall damn well played, and good job.

Ghrulkar (Guest)Wed 25-May-05 11:31 PM

#38368, "Doh!"
In response to Reply #6

I was hoping you'd post cause I knew I forgot you
That interview was great, I knew you had what it took
from watching you hit the palace a few times, so you
allready had my respect, and well the talks were almost
just formality. Regardless, it was the best interview
I had, though I had many odd ones, this one wasn't.
Also your battlesongs and stories were a pleasure to read.
ROCK ON!!!!

Grixlin (Guest)Wed 25-May-05 10:33 PM

#38366, "Later bro..txt"
In response to Reply #2

I was a ghrulkar fan. I spent a speant a heck of a lot of time with you with my ranger prior to Grixlin helping you rank and tossing you gear. When I entered your range with Grix I thought I would see if you proved worthy of the aid. Hell yeah. I fought you and Mit with help when it was available and alone when not. You spellbaned the hell out of nearly everything and taught me to run early or risk getting gutted. Pleased to have known the character from both sides.

Ghrulkar (Guest)Wed 25-May-05 11:35 PM

#38369, "Memory loss"
In response to Reply #7

Ahh yes, I only forgot cause I was stuck on cabals
You had much respect in my eyes, I liked it when
you compared me to a lion. I had superb save vs.
so don't feel cheated, you can probably guess my
legacy. Nice battles, and well spoke to you sir

nepentheWed 25-May-05 11:02 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#38367, "This is, without a doubt"
In response to Reply #2

The most entertaining farewell post I've read in the last six months.

Good character, too.

Iborenn (Guest)Thu 26-May-05 12:45 AM

#38370, "Liked Ghrulkar"
In response to Reply #2

You where on the ball and kicking ass the whole time I saw you, loved every bit, hope to see more ass kicking!

Tolchec (Guest)Thu 26-May-05 01:11 AM

#38372, "Hey man,"
In response to Reply #2

Its hard to match up with a rager pre-vindicator. And you tool'd me most of the time as vindy, so much props to you. Anyway, liked fighting you and I liked the interactions we had. Keep trucking and good luck on your next.

-steve-

Gvann (Guest)Thu 26-May-05 06:44 AM

#38378, "RE: (CON LOSS)"
In response to Reply #2

What can I say... well done. Always hard to fight solo... all that duergars of the village are hard to fight for evil shaman, but you was the most hard.

Good luck with your next.

Uncle Resty (Guest)Thu 26-May-05 07:58 AM

#38380, "Right back atcha, slim!"
In response to Reply #2

Thanks for all the good fights. My cronies, however, might not thank you as much.

Nepenthe is right...that goodbye is hilarious. Take it easy and good luck, hombre.

Ritur (Guest)Thu 26-May-05 08:05 AM

#38381, "You know..."
In response to Reply #2

I try my best to pick on everyone at least once, but I can't recall you doing anything that warranted me bullying you or even being remotely mean. Your axe-wielding image might have even scared Ritur but I think it was more you were just damn likeable - as much as a vicious, bloodthirsty berserker gets. The way you'd wade out into the thick of it, against all odds kill off half your foes and then sit down at the shrine as if nothing had happened was awe inspiring. If being a duergar was a hobby, then wading waist high in corpses was your day job. Just great fun all round.

Somehow, you avoided all my punishments and got all my love. You really were a sweet axe-spec. My first impressions were 'another duergar with axes, bleh' and it did take me a while to realise you were something else. It really clicked when I was travelling with you, and you'd just be rough-tough, no-nonsense and bloody like a berserker should be. And so, I take every bad thought I had about you back. Talk about a way to end it, its a shame we didn't take out any of the people in the Gank that it took to polish you off. If anything, the fact it took a gang several tries to finish you, says an aweful lot. Sweetness to the end. You make me want to roll a berserker and just try my damn hardest to shine like you did.

Much fuzzy love, Ritur.

Nhil (Guest)Thu 26-May-05 09:51 AM

#38382, "RE: (CON LOSS)"
In response to Reply #2

I feared you untill I got my ABS up and running. Once I did, I feared you less, but still a mean villager. How you could deathblow me for mad damage even through full protections was nasty.

I remember Kirhsaw pre-hero days very well. Killed a couple of your groupmates, but we kept a stable non-offensive relationship.

Good one.

Ira (Guest)Thu 26-May-05 04:35 PM

#38390, "Hey there"
In response to Reply #2

You know, after tangling with you the first time I didn't think you were going to do so well, but then you went on to be quite formidable. In the fights we had later, if I recall correctly, I could see a definite improvement, which I guess was you closing the gap on skill percentages and getting used to fighting an elven dagger spec. You had the courage that a berserker should (and that's hard for me to say, because I generally dislike ragers), which you showed by accepting my challenges for one-on-one combat. And also, thanks for the compliments (even if they are a bit undeserved on my part).

Good luck.

Kiel (Guest)Mon 30-May-05 07:52 AM

#38434, "Great villager"
In response to Reply #2

You hit like a truck. I'm not sure I could have outmatched you in any way at all unless I had 1000 hp gear, abs, stoneskin, protection.

You know it's kind of hard to get one on one fights as a rager because the opponent knows he'll lose. All the fights I entered with you I invariably had to flee. Your saves must've been phenomenably high too, considering how you spellbane every spell (immolation is very nasty on ragers). Quicksand was the only equaliser I had against this nasty duergar axe spec, and it didn't matter once you called bloodthirst and avoided all the pillars/cone/rain/whatever. Running to let battle fatigue set in didn't work either since you'd be at the village by then. So it was kind of stand-offish, and I always had word of recall to save my ass so neither of us died. Or at least I couldn't remember.

I say again, seven path invokers with seven masteries are underpowered for the sheer amount of spamming they have to do! Oh and elves are nice =)

Kiel

elmeri_Wed 01-Jun-05 03:42 AM
Member since 13th Dec 2004
252 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#38502, "Do I really need to log out to change handle? (Sdradiga..."
In response to Reply #2

This one time north of Arkham I was kicking myself so much. ARG! Tought me a lesson about berserker axe specs. I popped up enlarge and some minor dam redux anyways, and decided to give it a go. You bashed me, and by the time symphonic echoes went through, I was at around 50 hps and parting blow killed me. I just couldn't believe I got lagged like that through enlarge. Nice fights, axes are always a challenge for bards.

Zakarius (Guest)Wed 25-May-05 12:04 PM

#38349, "Why one doesnt mess with deurgar axe spec villagers......."
In response to Reply #0

This guy was the reason! He handed poor Zak his backside on many occassions. One of the battle guys I forgot in my goodbyes. Ghrulkar was great to fight and usually smart enough not to follow Zak onto open water. Drowning roll anyone? I tried hard to fight you on even terms when I could. Usually why I didnt bring anyone with me in tow, no one understood me shaking them off. And shifting back to say "Hey, I'd like to battle this chap on my own." While you were beating on me would have been a decidedly bad idea. Good job. Best of luck with your next.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #38348 Previous topic | Next topic