Subject: "(CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Kresh the Mummy Lord, Imperial Drea..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #38275
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 22-May-05 04:12 AM
Member since 21st Sep 2024
17172 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#38275, "(CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Kresh the Mummy Lord, Imperial Dread Lord"

Sun May 22 04:14:08 2005

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 14th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Kresh perished, never to return.

Race:mummy
Class:necromancer
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:275

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Farewells, Kresh (Guest), 22-May-05 05:21 AM, #2
Reply RE: Farewells, Kiel (Guest), 22-May-05 06:47 AM, #3
Reply RE: Farewells, Kresh (Guest), 22-May-05 07:50 AM, #6
     Reply RE: Farewells, Ithzaruul (Guest), 22-May-05 07:19 PM, #13
          Reply RE: Farewells, Solasarath (Guest), 22-May-05 08:28 PM, #14
               Reply RE: Farewells, Ithzaruul (Guest), 22-May-05 10:35 PM, #15
                    Reply A lich is a one badass pheasant. nt, DurNominator, 23-May-05 07:28 AM, #16
                         Reply True that. nt, Ithzaruul (Guest), 23-May-05 11:28 AM, #21
Reply RE: Farewells, Caradoc (Guest), 22-May-05 07:41 AM, #4
Reply RE: Farewells, Kresh (Guest), 22-May-05 07:44 AM, #5
Reply RE: Farewells, Gvann (Guest), 22-May-05 08:43 AM, #7
Reply RE: Farewells, Kresh (Guest), 22-May-05 09:44 AM, #8
Reply RE: Farewells, Rusenlan (Guest), 22-May-05 10:22 AM, #9
Reply RE: Farewells, Kresh (Guest), 23-May-05 08:44 AM, #18
Reply RE: Farewells, Ithzaruul (Guest), 22-May-05 12:10 PM, #10
Reply RE: Farewells, Kresh (Guest), 23-May-05 08:37 AM, #17
Reply RE: Farewells, nepenthe, 22-May-05 12:17 PM, #11
Reply RE: Farewells, Kresh (Guest), 23-May-05 08:50 AM, #19
Reply RE: Farewells, Fdialke, 22-May-05 02:09 PM, #12
Reply RE: Farewells, Kresh (Guest), 23-May-05 08:54 AM, #20
     Reply RE: Farewells, Fdialke, 23-May-05 11:31 AM, #22
Reply RE: Farewells, Ahtenar (Guest), 23-May-05 02:03 PM, #23
Reply RE: Farewells, Kresh (Guest), 24-May-05 08:41 AM, #26
Reply RE: Farewells, elmeri_, 23-May-05 03:35 PM, #24
Reply Good Job, Geah (Guest), 24-May-05 02:23 AM, #25
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Kresh the Mummy Lord, Imperial ..., Baltherias (Guest), 22-May-05 04:17 AM, #1

Kresh (Guest)Sun 22-May-05 05:21 AM

#38277, "Farewells"
In response to Reply #0

Sweet jesus, what a ride.

I had tons of fun with this character. Trying to learn the ropes with the necromancer class and then getting mummified (and looking for that damn CANDLE all over Thera only to find it on a mob I walked by on a daily basis in HAMSAH!). There are so many things that should be said. I loved beeing in the Empire, I saw alot of RP in it and did my best to participate with it. We did alot of plotting back and forth and I even anathemad Ithzaruul. A damn shame I never got to see who got the Emperor position from our voting. It would be awesome if it would have been me (but I doubt it would be).

As far as the black sect powers go I want to echo Nabburak and point out that they are all crap aside from sigil of pain. Abstraction was an excellent mummy spell but the other mummy spells. Dissolution!? I used it frequently (as frequently as one can with that timer) but I never understood it. I suppose I can see how you didn't want to strengthen an already strong class though.

Goodbyes
--------
(Empire)
Makholvek:
Damn. We had -alot- of interesting interactions and chats about both necromancy and the Empire. From someone who somewhat shared your odd playtimes and dealt with you alot I have to say what an ace character. My hat is truly off to you. I can see why the imms made you lich and why you became Emperor.

A damn shame you stopped playing after getting ganked. Hell. We all get ganked, especially after you stopped showing. It's a part of cf. If you don't want to regear right away just log off and do it another time. But still in spite of that, I really liked you. An aswesome character.

Gvan:
We pretty much ranked up through the final ranks and kept working together. I have to confess though, I didn't vote for you. But I doubt you voted for me either. You were always this quiet guy and then suddenly you start to write notes about building monuments and whatnot and then you somehow tried to hijack the voting from Kresh (from his viewpoint) combined with a (in my perspective) new powerhungry rp pretty much bummed Kresh out.

Still, I liked you and could always count on you rotting people and wording. You seemed to die as much as I did and somehow that was comforting

Ithzaruul:
From the first day we were enemies. I had the advantage of having Makholveks trust and pushed through the ranks quicker than you, giving me the stronger position (and your blunders such as trying to talk about the unmentionable in front of Makholvek).

I really liked it though. So very Empire to have that rocking no-trust-dagger-in-the-back-relationship which we had. A pity you wouldn't obey me about the sword (I even mentioned the sword in my role). You would have done well as a dreadlord. Remember how I asked you to come to the palace when I had logged on? It was to promote you since I knew I was dying. But you didn't have enough donations and later you instead end up anathema. How strange things can turn out. You always had a load of a/b/s and I never did though so you'd do alot better. But I think an anathema lich opens for some very interesting things to happen. I know you are competent enough to handle it.

Phyllax:
We fought alot side by side in the younger days. Then you vanished. I liked having you around, if only for you choosing that special legacy that worked so well with me.

Sdradiga:
A formidable warmaster. I didn't meet you through your younger days of learning to work your class, but I did when you were older and you did very well. As a support you were greater than any healer would have been (even before I was mummified) but you did also bring offense. I still remember those HOURS we put in to fighting pretty much EVERY mob in Thar-Acacia. Or when we descended into Azhan. I owed you a major boon when you deleted and a part of me was relived you never called it in.

Etissrus:
I liked you. I could tell you were competent and I was very displeased when I learned you had deleted (though I completely understand why, having had a 43 ap in scion stuck for two weeks or so with countless off/air shifters from the fortress and whatnot about). If I would ascend to Emperor I would have promoted you to the dreadlord position since I actually trusted you in difference to Ithzaruul (whom I incidently told would be the dreadlord after I had demoted him from elite - a lie, of course).

Dazak, Geaho:
I knew you guys were doing a pretty good job prior to hitting hero range. Then the #### hit and you got torn away with it. There was especially this one session where the two of you were on and we were defending and whatnot and you two kept dying and Geaho went pretty much OOC and deleted and Dazak probably burned through a con with silly deaths that The Dark Father of Anger mentioned that you two gave him a headache. And which point I replied that you would never be elites. But before that I was very pleased with you. I especially remember Geaho just continuing to cb xxx dead. yyy dead. rusenlan dead. rusenlan dead again. etc.

(Battleragers)
Most of my (un)life I didn't have any protections aside from the occasional aura which ment fighting any of you pretty pointless (oh, erradicates deathblow! c word).

Rusenlan:
Your fiends were annoying as hell. What ever happened to bards in battle not getting that song? My last death to you was the most frustrating. I walk in with 5 storm giant commanders, a ghoul and a golem and I cast some spells and get spellbaned (of course) and then you flee and return and sing fiend. I word and who waits at my altar if not KIEL! buffet buffet, try teleport in combat, dead.

(Scions)
I didn't interact with any of you much. With all that was going on with Fortress and the village and the outlanders you really were insignificant in Kreshs' eyes.

(Tribunal)
Kresh didn't care much for you. After you inducted Ceikalak Trib/Empire relations were icy at best.

(Fortress)
I made a few attempts at talking to you, mostly in my younger days. I was never successful. If someone buys Kreshs PBF you can read my role and see why he wanted to talk (he wanted to vent his frustrations).

When I ranked up there were 3 hero fortress healers. Yeah that made retriving a pain.

Iliena: I thought I would go through this character without actually beeing able to kill someone by dispelling water breathing. Thanks for beeing there for me about that

Kiel, Marshall, etc: I enjoyed our fights. I was very surprised when I managed to you kill you (the marshall).

(None)
Seph: Thanks for all the regear runs. I enjoyed the belt very much, it was well worth our effort. Unfortunately I had to be abstracted to use it but it saved my butt countless times.

Grixlin: Thanks for the armor, a pity you deleted so soon.

Baltherias: We had an interesting chat when I had died my final death. How symbolic it was that it was to the hunt in combinatin with an air shifter

And to the rest of you whom I have not mentioned I thank you for making this game excellent (that especially goes out to the immstaff!). And as someone mentioned on an unofficial forum, an online game is never better than it's players. That's why I think CF will continue to exist, in spite of newer games.

and one last time for good measure,
Praise be the glorious Lord Khasotholas!

Kiel (Guest)Sun 22-May-05 06:47 AM

#38278, "RE: Farewells"
In response to Reply #2

Oh, curses. There goes a solid imperial enemy.

Unlike Ithzaruul you were more bold, less cautious.. Gvan too. That meant more fights, and I was happy.

Now there are no more imperials to fight save Gvan. I'm going to rot in boredom... Terrible to put in a hundred plus hours to build an invoker to hero and have no one to fight =(

Kresh (Guest)Sun 22-May-05 07:50 AM

#38282, "RE: Farewells"
In response to Reply #3

Hehe. Rot in boredom.

Well. I guess you should do what I did then, go burn a few con in silent tower. Ithzaruul does play it cautious so I suspect he has yet 100+ hours to go, and then I suppose he'll rage delete. I think I prefer my way of doing it.

I have to say though that a lich is far more powerful than a mummy. I had high hopes for dissolution but I couldn't figgure out if it did anything of use. (Oh I lowered your luck. Tremble in fear before my might!)

Ithzaruul (Guest)Sun 22-May-05 07:19 PM

#38295, "RE: Farewells"
In response to Reply #6

Why is everyone making their little preditions about my character? I've had to play cautious to stand a chance against 4-to-5 man gang squads on a 24/7 basis. No, I don't just save my time for the wee hours of the morning when the playerbase is small. I'm not trying to come off acidically, but you guys should really cut me some slack here. It's getting a bit annoying.

Solasarath (Guest)Sun 22-May-05 08:28 PM

#38296, "RE: Farewells"
In response to Reply #13

If I was coming at you regularly with even 2-man gang squads, you would be out of con by now. Yes, the odds are often against you. Some of had to live through the Nabburak era of Empire without teleport and aren't feeling the pity.

Ithzaruul (Guest)Sun 22-May-05 10:35 PM

#38299, "RE: Farewells"
In response to Reply #14

I'm not implicating everyone. I left that ambiguous. There's no point in drawing this into a long debate where I'm naming individuals. Honestly, I don't care because it's not that big of a deal. I know you guys all want something to do, and when I log on it's like seeing the lone pheasant on the range.

To your credit, Solasarath, you always come at me alone. Let's leave the rest IC, please.

DurNominatorMon 23-May-05 07:28 AM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#38301, "A lich is a one badass pheasant. nt"
In response to Reply #15

br

Ithzaruul (Guest)Mon 23-May-05 11:28 AM

#38308, "True that. nt"
In response to Reply #16

nt

Caradoc (Guest)Sun 22-May-05 07:41 AM

#38279, "RE: Farewells"
In response to Reply #2

I was surprised too, but I shouldn't have been. Blasted ghouls. Finding you and the orc just afterwards made up for it though. You were a good enemy in that you didn't always duck fights, some of which you probably should have ducked, or at least gotten out of sooner. Good luck with your next.

Kresh (Guest)Sun 22-May-05 07:44 AM

#38280, "RE: Farewells"
In response to Reply #4

Hehe yeah. I do recall we were fighting the battlerager thief in the village at the time. I tried to flee from the both of you but naturally you were both very adept at parting block. Pretty frustrating death (why can't you marans stay out of the village? )followed by an obligatory full loot of course.

Gvann (Guest)Sun 22-May-05 08:43 AM

#38283, "RE: Farewells"
In response to Reply #2

Well. Yes, you're right, I didn't vote for you . The only reason is that I didn't want to see a black on the throne again. Yeah, we had a lot of good timing together, and you'll be missed. Shame.... you should not anathema the lich.... who did you leave me to continue with? None. I feel, I'll meet you at the field quite soon now.

good luck, and hope to see you in the Empire again

I'll post more when I'll be gone.

Kresh (Guest)Sun 22-May-05 09:44 AM

#38284, "RE: Farewells"
In response to Reply #7

Hehe.

The lich pretty much said it himself. "No man is the master of me" or somesuch. You just don't say that when your Lord gives you a direct command. Especially not when someones watching.

Rusenlan (Guest)Sun 22-May-05 10:22 AM

#38285, "RE: Farewells"
In response to Reply #2

Why was Kiel waiting at your recall point I really have no idea, but I can imagine the frustration. I was on my way to Hamsah to fight you then I saw you were dead, and thought fiend got you..then Kiel sends me a happy tell saying 'well done on the fiend'. Which angered Rusenlan.

You gave me 2 annoying deaths as well on Kiadana. I cannot tell you how pissed I was then. The dragon I was trying to kill for something I needed badly convulsing after destroying ALL my weapons, 1/2 my eq and me pretty hurt and low on mana and then you come and I tried to run and you just kept summoning me back to you or the dragon, plus my only get-away option (fiend) failed. And you found me there twice (of course the 2nd time was my fault), but they were pretty frustrating deaths.

Kresh (Guest)Mon 23-May-05 08:44 AM

#38304, "RE: Farewells"
In response to Reply #9

Hehe. Yes I did feel bad about the whole kiadana situation. The problem is once the dragon killed you it grew alot stronger.

I had actually spotted you much earlier (the life of a necro circles storm giants from kiadana, for some reason) but were on my way to regear so I didn't bother with you. But then when I went there much later and you were still there I couldn't resist.

I'm hoping the item was for a much needed con-quest

Ithzaruul (Guest)Sun 22-May-05 12:10 PM

#38286, "RE: Farewells"
In response to Reply #2

Ithzaruul:
From the first day we were enemies. I had the advantage of having Makholveks trust and pushed through the ranks quicker than you, giving me the stronger position (and your blunders such as trying to talk about the unmentionable in front of Makholvek).

I really liked it though. So very Empire to have that rocking no-trust-dagger-in-the-back-relationship which we had. A pity you wouldn't obey me about the sword (I even mentioned the sword in my role). You would have done well as a dreadlord. Remember how I asked you to come to the palace when I had logged on? It was to promote you since I knew I was dying. But you didn't have enough donations and later you instead end up anathema. How strange things can turn out. You always had a load of a/b/s and I never did though so you'd do alot better. But I think an anathema lich opens for some very interesting things to happen. I know you are competent enough to handle it.

What a pickle for me! You did the Imperial thing, though. And yeah, I was gunning for you from day one. We'll see where it goes now.

Oh, and about me having a/b/s all the time, it's really not true. In fact, pre-hero I had only ever managed to get ahold of 2 barrier wands because so many people were hoarding them, or they were just spread thin. It was very annoying.

Kresh (Guest)Mon 23-May-05 08:37 AM

#38303, "RE: Farewells"
In response to Reply #10

Well yes. The whole barrier situation was annoying.

Try retriving against ragers when your only prep is a haste staff. But then - I think you have tried. It's not pretty.

I notice now that a whole thread has erupted on an unofficial forum discussing my decision to anathema you. Some think it a spineless action. I actually wanted to go a bit ooc on the whole situation and merely demote you so I wouldn't actually kill the Empire. Unfortunately I had demoted you too recently (beccause I didn't trust you at all) so it had to be anathema.

nepentheSun 22-May-05 12:17 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#38287, "RE: Farewells"
In response to Reply #2

Neat necromancer, fun to watch. It was pretty obvious that you weren't ready (in terms of what you could do with the class) for the huge target on your back that mummyhood brings, but you made a good run of it even still. I'm guessing if you take another crack at it down the road you'll do a lot better -- I could tell you were learning things as you were playing.

Re: Dissolution; not one of my babies so this isn't gospel, but I gather it's meant to soften victims up to land later maledictions easier. A good tool in the arsenal but not one for every situation.

This is the first mummy I've gotten to see in action and I have ideas now for a few (small) things they need to round them out. I'm making no promises, but I'll add them to my list.

Kresh (Guest)Mon 23-May-05 08:50 AM

#38305, "RE: Farewells"
In response to Reply #11

Hehe. No I wasn't really ready for all the people wanting to have a piece of the mummy goodness. Not without a/b/s. But I did learn alot, and if I do play another necro I certainly know alot of new tricks. A pity they are such a pain to rank.

The problem I had with dissolution was that I didn't know what it really did and couldn't plan my strategy accordingly.

Good. Mummies need a little bit of goodness added to them. Such as beeing immune to those undead skills (not just the damage but the weakening/cursing/plague from the mummy in barovia etc). And that annoying tattoo blinding all the time!

Thanks for replying.

FdialkeSun 22-May-05 02:09 PM
Member since 19th Apr 2005
83 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#38288, "RE: Farewells"
In response to Reply #2

good luck *wink*

Kresh (Guest)Mon 23-May-05 08:54 AM

#38306, "RE: Farewells"
In response to Reply #12

Hehe. Fdialke. I think you were one of the few who actually feared me. From one perspective I can understand that decision you made about never comming at me alone. From another I found it rather dull.

Good luck to you too.

FdialkeMon 23-May-05 11:31 AM
Member since 19th Apr 2005
83 posts
#38309, "RE: Farewells"
In response to Reply #20

it is
i feared you, i'm just new here

Ahtenar (Guest)Mon 23-May-05 02:03 PM

#38315, "RE: Farewells"
In response to Reply #2

Have you ever use abs?
We fought one vs only once and I was thinking of one more try in raiding you alone. I almost done it first time and was crying when you didn't die of my flurry yeh Still for me everyone who can make me weak is my bane because of some reasons. I hope it will be changed.
Good luck with your next.

Kresh (Guest)Tue 24-May-05 08:41 AM

#38324, "RE: Farewells"
In response to Reply #23

With other characters getting a/b/s were never as difficult as with Kresh. If I only had those I could've offered you some very interesting fights.

Just gear for strength or more importantly saves whenever you fight one of us(weakeners).

elmeri_Mon 23-May-05 03:35 PM
Member since 13th Dec 2004
252 posts
#38317, "RE: Farewells"
In response to Reply #2

>Sdradiga:
>A formidable warmaster. I didn't meet you through your younger
>days of learning to work your class, but I did when you were
>older and you did very well. As a support you were greater
>than any healer would have been (even before I was mummified)
>but you did also bring offense. I still remember those HOURS
>we put in to fighting pretty much EVERY mob in Thar-Acacia. Or
>when we descended into Azhan. I owed you a major boon when you
>deleted and a part of me was relived you never called it in.

Thanks for the nice words. Still warms my heart to get noticed, since I fealt a bit bummed on my goodbye post. Then again when it was a long time for me since I was putting in mad hours, I was there for only a short while for most of the pbase.
I was in fact actively working to make you a good ally, especially when I heard you were going to go mummy. At the point, Makholvek was still looking for his items, and him making it was not certain. I knew you were next runner up, so a Dread Lord ally would be great, were I to work against Nabburak. Also had I not deleted, now wouldve been a perfect time to do so.

Geah (Guest)Tue 24-May-05 02:23 AM

#38323, "Good Job"
In response to Reply #2

I'm glad someone noticed me when I was stronger, the hero cut me up but you rose.

Good job and good luck on your next char

Baltherias (Guest)Sun 22-May-05 04:17 AM

#38276, "RE: (CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Kresh the Mummy Lord, Imperial ..."
In response to Reply #0

Well, was fun. Think I covered most things in our chat after your death. Hope to see you again soon. Life's only as fun as your enemies make it!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #38275 Previous topic | Next topic