Subject: "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Dazak the Bringer of Famine, Imperia..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #38137
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 16-May-05 07:48 PM
Member since 21st Sep 2024
17172 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#38137, "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Dazak the Bringer of Famine, Imperial Black Magician"

Mon May 16 19:47:41 2005

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 28th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Dazak perished, never to return.

Race:fire
Class:anti-paladin
Level:45
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:133

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Dazak (Guest)Mon 16-May-05 09:04 PM

#38138, "well thats it!"
In response to Reply #0

This character was a colossal failure from the word go. My roleplay wasn't all that refined, I sucked in terms of PK, and just wasn't pleased with where I was going.

The last time I played a fire-ap I was uncaballed and stopped at 40 to collect charges. I was able to pick my fights and didn't have to deal with enemies I didn't care to. Namely ragers. In my experience, it's a pain in the ass to fight them regardless of class. You rarely much to gain, and usually have a lot to loose.

I died a lot, mostly because of shoddy tactics and being over-eager. Staying too long in fights, running around at less than full health, and lack of a/b/s are what killed me. I really was my own enemy.

Goodbyes:

Immortals:

To the Father of Anger: You were the only immortal to talk to any character of mine for the past 4-5 heroes. Some I put a lot of effort into trying to roleplay, others not. I do try to be a good & respectable player, and I understand there probably are others who deserve immteraction more or are simply more interesting than my characters have been. I just wanted you to know that I appreciate your taking an active role in the empire.

I also don't begrudge the fact that you demoted me, but I am curious as to whether you knew the whole situation. I had no clue where the anathema was, I ran into a rager, so I killed him. I then learned where the anathema was and I had at most 200 hps left so I choose to leave rather than get killed. I wouldn't give excuses IC as they were beneath my character and seemed a likely way to get anath'd, but I wanted to share my take.

Empire:

Makholvek: Thanks for the vote of confidence. It's sad that you've not been around more, I hope that changes.

Kresh: You were a great ally & Dreadlord, and I wish I had been more effective for you and the sect.

Ithzaruul: Keep trucking, for a long time, if I had any allies on at the same time as me, you were one of them. I hope you go far.

Geaho: Well, looks like you're gone too. I could tell you're relatively new at the game, and if I had been an 'evil' person, I would have helped you out a lot more.

Sdradiga: badass bard, the whole incident over the phylactery I thought was pretty cool.

The rest of you didn't have much of an impact on Dazak's life and I appreciated the fact that you were there when you were. It would be cool if the higher ups started showing more again.

Ragers:

Seethian, Rusenlan, Vershelt, Qlalafian especially, I hated fighting all of you. If I wasn't empire (and thus forced to) I would have stayed as far away from you as I could and stuck with fighting other people.

addendum for Rusenlan - for some reason when you were below me I could manage to do decent damage to you, but when you ranked past me (at 45) I found that something had changed and I am curious to know what.

Fortress:

I really don't have much to say. Scierra was the only one who tried to talk to me, and I appreciated the attempt to actually talk beyond shallow threats and sniping. That's the only good experience I had beyond getting a few charges off some of you guys. I understand why you worked with ragers and don't really begrudge you that. The enemy of my enemy is my friend and all, I just wonder why they put up with you guys all the time.

Scion:

I never felt the pain of being trapped at 45 with improved invis'd hero invoker out for my blood. I learned the hard way that it's important to keep fly up all the time, especially when walking down roads with no visible threat. Good on you for getting me the times that you did.

Outlander:

The storm shaman that I dealt with seemed cool, but your name doesn't come to mind atm.

That's about all, this was the first character for me in several months... I'm not sure when or if I'll be making another.

All the best to you all,
Dazak

my last heroish character was Nagesh - scion necromancer.

Geaho (Guest)Mon 16-May-05 10:17 PM

#38140, "You did a great job"
In response to Reply #1

Compared to me you were a damn beast, I haven't run an anti paladin or played much in such a long time that it is like being new; the wands all moved, the repop system for them is still frustrating; every rager but rusenlan beat the crap out of me, even if I was prepared well..... You always had wands, you showed me how to tank with an imperial anti paladin straight to hero and quite a few other things and its sad you didn't do as well as you wanted. I have been gone for a while but reading your post made me realize I shouldn't have the character anymore but from what I learned playing geaho and interacting with you my next will be stronger

See you around

Geaho

Rusenlan (Guest)Tue 17-May-05 06:33 AM

#38149, "RE: well thats it!"
In response to Reply #1

Heh..well, I got inducted at rank 40 or so, and some better songs I learn at that rank too. Prior to that, all you had to do was bash bash bash = dead elf? Anyway, Dazak was good fun. Hope to catch you in the fields.

Grurk MuoukTue 17-May-05 01:00 PM
Member since 15th Mar 2004
538 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#38162, "RE: well thats it!"
In response to Reply #1

Overall you handled yourself very well. Without recalling the
specific details of the situation, it sounds like (at least in
Grurk's eyes) you chose to fight that rager instead of an
anathema. A demotion from Grurk just means he likes you, but
wants you to know he's not pleased. I try to keep Empire that
evil nasty place where you should be on edge around your leaders,
because well, it's an evil nasty place, where you could have
your throat crushed by an angry Darth Vader. (yay! Star Wars
reference).

Overall though, I did dig Dazak. Good luck with your next.

G.

Qlallafian (Guest)Tue 17-May-05 09:33 PM

#38168, "RE: well thats it!"
In response to Reply #1

>Ragers:
>
>Seethian, Rusenlan, Vershelt, Qlalafian especially, I hated
>fighting all of you. If I wasn't empire (and thus forced to) I
>would have stayed as far away from you as I could and stuck
>with fighting other people.

Hell, I hate fighting fire giant APs! Seems like half the time I just get bashed into the ground, the other half I end up kicking their asses. No clue why.

I think I did get you with an assassinate one time in the Village during a raid; I had been stalking you for a while when four of you Imperials joined forces and showed up at the Village. I ran in, managed to get the assassinate off (if it had failed, I would have beed dead pretty quick) and got to the Destructor before your group could react. We ended up managing to fend off the raid, which was cool.

Great fun going up against you, I appreciate you keeping going as long as you did!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #38137 Previous topic | Next topic