Subject: "(Deleted) {NONE} Ariadne, Adherant of the Sun" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #37992
Show all folders

Ariadne (Guest)Mon 09-May-05 05:56 PM

#37992, "(Deleted) {NONE} Ariadne, Adherant of the Sun"

Well this was certainly a failed experiment for me. It was my first a lot of things - First time playing Battle, first Warrior, and first time trying to follow a god with a non empowered class. I think I semi succeeded in only the last!

I was trying to do something unique with Ariadne, someone in Battle who didn't necessarily kill all mages. I wanted to leave good mages alone, monitor neutral ones and make them pay for it if I saw them do something bad, and kill all evil mages. I particularly built her role around killing Scion. However, I had gotten some wise advice from the Venerable Nepenthe for this character - stay at level thirty and learn how to PK. (Cause I have no idea - obviously) Unfortunately, there really aren't any Scions in my range at level 30, making the learning experience incompatable with the character concept. Dear, Wise Nepenthe also said that everyone's first Battle experience should be as a Berserker to really "get the feel" for it.

Couple of goodbyes -

Innis - thank you. Your religion has a great concept, I was hoping some day I would have been good enough for a tattoo. I could tell you thought my concept of sphere music elf battle berserker was a little crazy, but were willing to roll with it if I was.

Ordasen - I'm sorry. I don't know what else to say. I shouldn't have logged on from work today when I could only give it half my attention and my boss was trying to drag me off to a meeting. I wish you would have been a little more patient with me, I thought that once I figured out what I was doing I could have been a good berserker, but now I guess we'll never know.

Azeg - I'm sorry, I didn't know quite what to do with this friendly duergar. I was pretty sure Innis would flay me if I accepted help from you. I wasn't trying to be cowardly, and frankly, I didn't actually know how to get to Azuremain.

Gerylanst - Thanks for giving me a chance and the induction. I think if we could have had that talk today I could have convinced you to let me stumble my way slowly towards being a good berserker, but unfortunately things didn't work out that way! You seem like a really solid commander, though.

I've heard that people pretty much serially play Battle, it seems like an "Old Boy's Club" sometimes if you will. I'm going to try and walk away from this experience with no hard feelings, but I don't know if I'd try it again for a while.

Anyways! See you all out on the fields.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (Deleted) {NONE} Ariadne, Adherant of the Sun, Innis, 10-May-05 12:24 AM, #5
Reply Did you ever find the Arixorthian? =P, Pro-man (Guest), 09-May-05 10:49 PM, #4
Reply RE: Did you ever find the Arixorthian? =P, Ariadne (Guest), 10-May-05 07:01 AM, #6
     Reply Nobody studies classics anymore., Classicist (Guest), 10-May-05 03:50 PM, #8
Reply Give battle another shot., LarcatDude (Guest), 09-May-05 10:25 PM, #3
Reply Why does everyone I meet that is interesting delete 5 m..., Bird Guy (Guest), 09-May-05 09:52 PM, #2
Reply Sorry!, Ariadne (Guest), 10-May-05 07:31 AM, #7
Reply It can be hard..., ordasen, 09-May-05 08:59 PM, #1

InnisTue 10-May-05 12:24 AM
Member since 20th Feb 2005
106 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#38002, "RE: (Deleted) {NONE} Ariadne, Adherant of the Sun"
In response to Reply #0

Innis - thank you. Your religion has a great concept, I was hoping some day I would have been good enough for a tattoo. I could tell you thought my concept of sphere music elf battle berserker was a little crazy, but were willing to roll with it if I was.

Funny you should mentino that....I had a note to self, to watch you for a tattoo. Sorry battle didn't work for you, but you took the plunge and gave it a shot. It's a wide world of possibilities, and I appreciate that you took a chance to step outside your comfort zone, few would take the chance.

Good luck, and drop by the Glade, bring enough to drink for us both.

innis@carrionfields.com

Pro-man (Guest)Mon 09-May-05 10:49 PM

#37997, "Did you ever find the Arixorthian? =P"
In response to Reply #0

I loved the scourge of worlds too!

Bumped into you a couple of times with a couple of characters. You say you were not a killed PK'er, heh, I was nervouse around you so you did something with your RP, to make me cautious.

Fun roles are often challenging and when we set high standards we are often unable to uphold them, or make our needs apparent t those whom we truely get our power from to enact them. The Imms.

Good luck, keep at it.

Ariadne (Guest)Tue 10-May-05 07:01 AM

#38007, "RE: Did you ever find the Arixorthian? =P"
In response to Reply #4

Is that an obscure I stole the name from somewhere reference? I don't get it. I did pull the name from a minor character in a book series that I liked, I can admit that!

It's good to know that even if I can't actually kill people I gave a little bit of an impression that I could!

I think you're right with the complicated role thing being hard to play in a cabal like that - Ariadne wouldn't have prayed to Ordasen, and I didn't get the impression he was going to seek me out to chat it up. Ah well! Next time, I'll do better.

Classicist (Guest)Tue 10-May-05 03:50 PM

#38026, "Nobody studies classics anymore."
In response to Reply #6

http://www.pantheon.org/articles/a/ariadne.html

I like the name ariadne, but every time I saw it I did think that I should role up Theseus and lay claim.

LarcatDude (Guest)Mon 09-May-05 10:25 PM

#37995, "Give battle another shot."
In response to Reply #0

I've only had two ragers, but I love the cabal deep down. It is woven into the history of cf.

Try a cloud, dwarf, arial, duergar warrior.

Make a very simple role, that isnt "mages blew up my city".

Never care about gear, never care about dying, only care about dead mages and the village.

Make last stands, when it is you against the horde, try and pick them off.

When neccessary charge.

Have fun

Bird Guy (Guest)Mon 09-May-05 09:52 PM

#37994, "Why does everyone I meet that is interesting delete 5 m..."
In response to Reply #0

I talked to you a bit right before you deleted I think. Sorry I couldn't help with the little shaman problem... didn't know if you really wanted it until it was too late anyway.

If it makes you feel any better I beat on him a little bit after you left.

Good luck with your next.

Ariadne (Guest)Tue 10-May-05 07:31 AM

#38008, "Sorry!"
In response to Reply #2

I hadn't planned on deleting this character! It was just a little too frustrating, dying the way I just had in that seemingly no exit area (what a time to have given up return potions), people wanting me to come back and naked fisticuffs (No, I was not hand spec) down Empire Warrior to defend, and then fire shaman running in while I'm waiting for my corpse, looking at me, seeing I'm naked and thinking, Hey free kill!! Then, just, uninducted like that. On top of all that, I really needed to log off, unfortunately.

But! Your character seems great, I was really looking forward to being able to sit down and RP the rest of that out. We've run into each other with other characters, so I'm sure you won't see the last of me.

ordasenMon 09-May-05 08:59 PM
Member since 18th Feb 2004
216 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#37993, "It can be hard..."
In response to Reply #0

You had a few problems and perhaps the combo you chose is not the best for your first battle char. An elven battle rager, Berserker at that, is a tough hard road to travel.

I'll break a few things down hopefully to help you with any further ragers.

1: While the rp could maybe fly about not killing all mages (however this is a cabal about killing mages, so you are going to get #### about it), a berserker is not the right choice. A berserker doesn't care if you're good, neutral or evil magi. You are a mage. A living mage that has a strong need to become dead. Fast.

2: Ok, so your rp is about only killing certain types of mages, however one of the reason you were tossed was you had killed 0 mages. Thats not really good for a rank 30 Berserker. I actually brought it up last week to the Commander and figured give you a week to get at least 1.

3: Raids: If there is someone who is raiding (especialy as a berserker), you should try like Damn to go and defend. Granted in this case you had a legit reason in RL, however I can only go on what I see. Plus when you add this to not really acting like nor being in truth a Berserker, you were removed.

Now, like I told the others (and you would have known if you didn't log off/delete so quickly) that you could/would have earned your way back in, however not as a Berserker.

Berserkers ARE great as a first time rager to learn the cabal, however Elven warriors who only want to kill a few mages...not so much. That was a huge leap for your first char. Try a cloud, arial, duergar RBW. They are a bit easier to feel out and get a handle of the cabal and pking.

Hopefully this will help any future chars you decide to go, good luck.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #37992 Previous topic | Next topic