Subject: "(DEL) <SCION> Sintarlin the Planewalker" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #3790
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 17-Nov-01 10:33 PM
Member since 27th Apr 2024
16815 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3790, "(DEL) Sintarlin the Planewalker"

Sat Nov 17 22:32:08 2001

1 o''clock PM, Day of Deception, 30th of the Month of the Spring on the Theran calendar Sintarlin perished, never to return.

Race:half-drow
Class:conjurer
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:146
PK Ratio:55% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DEL) <SCION> Sintarlin the Planewalker, Raiztelan (Guest) (Guest), 19-Nov-01 05:35 AM, #12
Reply RE: (DEL) <SCION> Sintarlin the Planewalker, Minyar, 17-Nov-01 10:42 PM, #1
     Reply Damn damn damn you!!!, Jyrela (Guest) (Guest), 17-Nov-01 10:58 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Damn damn damn you!!!, Minyar, 18-Nov-01 01:07 AM, #3
     Reply RE: (DEL) <SCION> Sintarlin the Planewalker, Valguarnera, 18-Nov-01 01:51 AM, #4
     Reply RE: (DEL) <SCION> Sintarlin the Planewalker, Minyar, 18-Nov-01 11:00 AM, #8
     Reply I always thought you were going to con die instead of d..., Phaistus (Guest) (Guest), 18-Nov-01 04:49 AM, #5
     Reply RE: I always thought you were going to con die instead ..., Minyar, 18-Nov-01 10:58 AM, #7
     Reply about goodie conjurers and preps, and compliments, Daurwyn (Guest) (Guest), 18-Nov-01 02:45 PM, #9
     Reply RE: (DEL) <SCION> Sintarlin the Planewalker, Kaada (Guest) (Guest), 18-Nov-01 07:06 AM, #6
     Reply RE: (DEL) <SCION> Sintarlin the Planewalker, arkady (Guest) (Guest), 18-Nov-01 05:07 PM, #10
     Reply RE: (DEL) <SCION> Sintarlin the Planewalker, Minyar, 18-Nov-01 11:16 PM, #11
     Reply RE: (DEL) <SCION> Sintarlin the Planewalker, Jubornl (Guest) (Guest), 19-Nov-01 09:45 AM, #13
     Reply RE: (DEL) <SCION> Sintarlin the Planewalker, Karnavex (Guest) (Guest), 20-Nov-01 09:39 PM, #14
          Reply RE: (DEL) <SCION> Sintarlin the Planewalker, Minyar, 20-Nov-01 11:38 PM, #15

Raiztelan (Guest) (Guest)Mon 19-Nov-01 05:35 AM

#3791, "RE: (DEL) <SCION> Sintarlin the Planewalker"
In response to Reply #0

Sigh - Another mage of the chasm vanishes into thin air...

I belive there is actually more none mages in the chasm right now, than there are mages. Well, its all ways sad to see a skilled person delete, but good luck with your next char.

/Raiztelan

MinyarSat 17-Nov-01 10:42 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
504 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3792, "RE: (DEL) <SCION> Sintarlin the Planewalker"
In response to Reply #0

Well, Thats enough of that. I thought maybe if I had a conjurer with a better Charisma it would make a huge difference. After playing Cirellan I knew I could do better. Well, I'm tired of Sintarlin, and yes sorta a rage deletion, as I'm tired of being one of the few about. The exception being a few like Phaistus, Brotmin and such. Both Chancellors really don't do much aggresively, and well, Evil Conjurers have no protection. Yeah, a lesser ice devil will do a little barrier once in a while. However, I don't see it, and good conjurers...well they are sanced constantly and get healed in combat...must be nice. Where good conjurers are hard to defeat, evil ones are pretty easy.

The best thing the Scion imms did in a long time, IMO, was changed the walkers. It helps that they aren't just charmed creatures...so thanks to them for that. However, I just doubt severly that the things that are going to happen will help anything at all. The pendulum swings and the ragers are on top, so they continue to gang-bang in mass. Last death, one rounder to Meushen and Jezzan, how fun.

Farewells:
Scion:
Phaistus, you are probably the only Scion I really really liked as a player.
Jubornl, Brotmin, Karnavex, thanks for being there and being supportive.
Chancellors, Whatever, you were there a lot, but maybe I just don't see you. I could swear 150 hours is way under what I had been there...then again, what do I know. You guys do well in a lot of ways, but don't go into action much, unless backed up. Maybe thats why I suck as a mage, because I don't like having backup.
Hmm...many many more I'm not mentioning and not really worrying about. I played Sintarlin how I wanted and I died a lot, but I killed a lot too. It was fun while it lasted. I think the ultimate frustration was never finding anything to help me into the Silent Tower. I got some tips from Halisstra, but nothing ever panned out. Most of hte time I was running from Ragers or Paladins..or defending the Chasm. Whatever, Conjurers are cool, but you spend half of your time sleeping to conjure...not much fun.
Oh well, it was agood run

Battle:
I liked Jezzan, not sure why though
I liked Goapa and Loborguz cause they would actually fight you alone.
*shrug* Bring back old battle IMO

The rest, all you paladins, can just kiss it, I think you are overpowered, and I don't care. Wrath is bs

Thats all,
Aaron aka Minyar, Sintarlin, some others

Jyrela (Guest) (Guest)Sat 17-Nov-01 10:58 PM

#3804, "Damn damn damn you!!!"
In response to Reply #1

There goes one of my favorite target. We fought quite a few times. You got me worry at night when my mana ran low. Damn those nightgaunt, hmm actually there's only two but hell they are tough, for me that is. Anyway good luck on your next char.

--Jyrela

MinyarSun 18-Nov-01 01:07 AM
504 posts
#3805, "RE: Damn damn damn you!!!"
In response to Reply #2

It was fun to fight against you. Last night when you came and hit me just after I conjured an aggressive elemental, i was ticked. I had to flee and dismis the elemental, and that wasn't what I wanted to do. Anyway, you were fun to fight as well, I tried to make sure I always had a rod to bind you to the ground.

Aaron

ValguarneraSun 18-Nov-01 01:51 AM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3802, "RE: (DEL) <SCION> Sintarlin the Planewalker"
In response to Reply #1

I thought you did a good job when you were around, though your interest in the character clearly waned after some time. Best of luck on your next.

From the pen of:
valguarnera@carrionfields.com">Valguarnera Trisseptia

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

MinyarSun 18-Nov-01 11:00 AM
504 posts
#3803, "RE: (DEL) <SCION> Sintarlin the Planewalker"
In response to Reply #4

I started getting so frustrated because I couldn't even find a starting point on the quest that you had given me. I asked around, I walked around, and I still couldn't find much. Way back when I had Chalin, I went there, and so I had been there before, but I wasn't sure how to find it as a mage. Yeah, I'm not sure why I took Sintarlin down the way I did, I guess I was just frustrated. I do believe that evil conjurers get the short end of the stick. Why shouldn't a devil be able to throw a heal out now and then, or do barrier a little bit faster? I know you do a good job with the Chasm, thanks for being there and talking to me when I needed it.

Aaron

Phaistus (Guest) (Guest)Sun 18-Nov-01 04:49 AM

#3799, "I always thought you were going to con die instead of d..."
In response to Reply #1

You played so recklessly at times perhaps this was what Valguarnera said about your waning interest. I do agree with you on the evil conjurer thing. As an evil conjurer I always saw you deal out heaps of damage with your ice devils but the get punched out like a glass jawed infant when it came to defense. Maybe more preps, but thats seems kinda weak since the goodie conjurers have to prep a bit less to be combat ready. I admired your enthusiasm about always going after people and I knew you would hate me for wording you before the fight even got to us in a recent raid. But I didnt want you dying again. Sooooo anyhooo

See you around in some way or another

MinyarSun 18-Nov-01 10:58 AM
504 posts
#3801, "RE: I always thought you were going to con die instead ..."
In response to Reply #5

I usually tried to have some shield things on me, and aura scrolls, but I didn't know where anything else was. I mean, I would get destroyed even through Sanc, Invokers Shields, Protective Shield, and resist positive. It was a amazing that I could die so fast through all of that to a Paladin. I didn't understand it. I think I was usually targeted pretty much first as well. Yeah, I was kinda ticked, I at least wanted to try and defend a little, but I'm sure it was for the best. Anyway, As much as I whine about Scion, I might be back around, I like playing the underdog, and I always have. (though usually it was in battle) Oh well, see you around.

Aaron

Daurwyn (Guest) (Guest)Sun 18-Nov-01 02:45 PM

#3800, "about goodie conjurers and preps, and compliments"
In response to Reply #5

Well done Sintarlin, it was nice to have a kind "evil" double, doing the same sort of thing but for the other side. Shame you deleted.

As far as preps and goodie conjurers go, with the way things are right now, goodie conjurers have to fight like evil ones because archons aren't going to help you fight groups of villagers who can all cranial you. The only way to beat them is to prep and go for sheer offensive damage. I mean, I fought two sword specs with protection, sanc, and haste, and I died as soon as they both flurried at the same time, so you do still really need to prep to put up a fight.

Against scions, I died to the ram because my archon wouldn't sanc me when fighting the nightwalker (which seems to be a recurring problem), and healing is useless against rams when you've not prepped.

An archon is good for one on one combat, but not a great deal else when it comes to pk against warriors. Hence you're left with angels which are not dissimilar from demons. I would recommend good conjurers, but I don't think there is a mismatch when it comes to pk. Both need prep and offense if they are to fight groups. The main difference is that a goodie can handle a one on one easier with archons, but your enemy will probably get away if you don't have an angel.

Kaada (Guest) (Guest)Sun 18-Nov-01 07:06 AM

#3798, "RE: (DEL) <SCION> Sintarlin the Planewalker"
In response to Reply #1

Obviously PK skill isn't the most important part of a character, but for what it's worth, in my experience Sintarlin did *much* better than Cirellan.

arkady (Guest) (Guest)Sun 18-Nov-01 05:07 PM

#3796, "RE: (DEL) <SCION> Sintarlin the Planewalker"
In response to Reply #1

I did come alone that one time in the mountains, and I was ready to fight you, was actually like 7 or 8 steps away until your elemental turned on you (very funny, btw). Oh well. I ran around a bit with Cirellan with another char and had fun, and very much respected Sintarlin for calling me out without a whole scion gangrape task force on standby. Peace

MinyarSun 18-Nov-01 11:16 PM
504 posts
#3797, "RE: (DEL) <SCION> Sintarlin the Planewalker"
In response to Reply #10

I would have actually stayed without the elemental. HOwever, someone walked in and was shown to be there by my mephit. I had seen Krawg in the mountains, and I assumed it was him. I decided not to stay and find out.

Aaron

Jubornl (Guest) (Guest)Mon 19-Nov-01 09:45 AM

#3795, "RE: (DEL) <SCION> Sintarlin the Planewalker"
In response to Reply #1

Slowly I am getting better at this farewell note stuff. I enjoyed fighting side by side with you, though you take a lot more chances than you could really afford to do. It was always nice to have a decent conjie around. I would recommend something more on the lines of an invoker if you want to keep playing the evil mages, as it seems better suited to your playing style. Good luck.

Karnavex (Guest) (Guest)Tue 20-Nov-01 09:39 PM

#3793, "RE: (DEL) <SCION> Sintarlin the Planewalker"
In response to Reply #1

Sorry it took me so long to reply but with all thats been going on just haven't made the time. I have tried a couple of evil conjurers (I've tried a couple of evil everything) and just couldn't cut it so I respect any who made a good showing. Our playing time differed somewhat and the levels kept us from traveling as often but I tried to keep an eye on you. The Chasm had been missing a skilled conjurer for some time and you did well in that role. Each time we traveled I learned a bit more about how to play that class well. Good luck on your next character and I'll see ya in the fields.

MinyarTue 20-Nov-01 11:38 PM
504 posts
#3794, "RE: (DEL) <SCION> Sintarlin the Planewalker"
In response to Reply #14

Thanks friend, and congratulations on the Immortal thing. You and Phaistus were two of my favorite Scions, because I knew I could count on you, and that you were smart. Who knows, I may try a conjurer again in the future, and since i don't like being "of the light." I just may go evil, who knows. I've played two immortals, and so I say, best of luck to you, I didn't have the patience, nor the coding ability for it. Unless they have changed some requirements, I won't try to be one again, but good luck to you on that. One thing I think Sintarlin liked about Karnavex, was that you supported him as a youngster, and encouraged him to get into the Chasm, and then to rank up. Sintarlin always treated Karnavex better than others, though he probably didn't show it in any way you would have thought. You held his respect completely.

Aaron aka Sintarlin

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #3790 Previous topic | Next topic