Subject: "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Iborenn the Dueler of the Divine, L..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #37846
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 05-May-05 07:12 PM
Member since 21st Sep 2024
17172 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#37846, "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Iborenn the Dueler of the Divine, Legend of the Battlefields"

Thu May 5 19:11:55 2005

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 12th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Iborenn perished, never to return.

Race:dark-elf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:606

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Am I going to get my PBF, or is it not payed for??, Iborenn (Guest), 17-May-05 12:58 AM, #33
Reply If we can confirm it isn't paid for yet, Selessya (Guest), 17-May-05 07:53 AM, #34
Reply No one has sent payment., Valguarnera, 17-May-05 07:59 AM, #35
Reply You're complaining that someone didn't pay fast enough?, Enbuergo1 (Guest), 17-May-05 08:04 AM, #36
Reply No., Nivek1, 17-May-05 09:19 AM, #37
Reply Ultimately, PBF fees..., Valguarnera, 17-May-05 12:38 PM, #40
Reply RE: You're complaining that someone didn't pay fast eno..., Calessin (Guest), 17-May-05 01:45 PM, #41
Reply Yeah, I promised it. I'm doing it as we speak. (nt), Carrock, 17-May-05 11:38 AM, #38
     Reply Paid. (nt), Carrock, 17-May-05 11:59 AM, #39
     Reply Thanks I was going to have to find someone with Paypal ..., Iborenn (Guest), 17-May-05 04:32 PM, #42
Reply Uncabaleds, Iborenn (Guest), 07-May-05 08:44 PM, #16
Reply Good job, Desmonn_Kinnt (Anonymous), 08-May-05 08:46 AM, #19
Reply Can't remember which character of mine it was, incognito, 08-May-05 07:36 PM, #24
Reply RE: Uncabaleds, Pendragon_Surtr, 11-May-05 05:16 PM, #29
Reply Outlanders, Iborenn (Guest), 07-May-05 08:40 PM, #15
Reply One thing I have to compliment you on..., Jaeiin (Guest), 08-May-05 05:35 AM, #18
     Reply Well, Iborenn (Guest), 08-May-05 06:51 PM, #23
Reply Tribunal, Iborenn (Guest), 07-May-05 08:37 PM, #14
Reply Goodbye Iborenn!, DurNominator, 08-May-05 10:41 AM, #20
     Reply Thanks, Iborenn (Guest), 08-May-05 06:50 PM, #22
     Reply I've got many of the fights logged too., DurNominator, 09-May-05 01:29 AM, #25
     Reply was fungor your first char?, Some Orc. (Guest), 09-May-05 02:46 AM, #26
          Reply Yes, Fungor was my first char., DurNominator, 09-May-05 03:45 AM, #27
Reply Marans, Iborenn (Guest), 07-May-05 08:34 PM, #13
Reply Scion goodbyes, Iborenn (Guest), 07-May-05 08:29 PM, #12
Reply Empire goodbyes, Iborenn (Guest), 07-May-05 08:23 PM, #11
Reply Come on..., Laes (Guest), 12-May-05 11:30 AM, #30
     Reply I was actually just thinking about you, Iborenn (Guest), 12-May-05 02:41 PM, #31
Reply Battle Goodbyes, Iborenn (Guest), 07-May-05 08:17 PM, #9
Reply Heh, Arrazn (Guest), 07-May-05 10:43 PM, #17
Reply Goodbye..., Glaurthran (Guest), 08-May-05 01:20 PM, #21
Reply Goodbyes for Deh Imms, Iborenn (Guest), 07-May-05 08:01 PM, #8
Reply Oh, and Ordasen, Iborenn (Guest), 07-May-05 08:19 PM, #10
Reply Farewell, ordasen, 09-May-05 11:38 PM, #28
     Reply Yah.. sorry about all that, Iborenn (Guest), 12-May-05 02:43 PM, #32
Reply 2 Responses to a con died d-elf warrior?, Shadowmstr (Guest), 07-May-05 09:23 AM, #3
Reply Heh, your telling me, Iborenn (Guest), 07-May-05 07:36 PM, #6
Reply Finalllllly!!!, Iborenn (Guest), 05-May-05 07:42 PM, #1
     Reply Wow, Draxidar (Guest), 05-May-05 11:50 PM, #2
     Reply I thought you were great to hang about..., Jaeiin (Guest), 07-May-05 09:24 AM, #4
     Reply RE: Finalllllly!!!, Giantman, 07-May-05 03:55 PM, #5
          Reply Well that would explain why I liked Acaga so much, Iborenn (Guest), 07-May-05 07:38 PM, #7

Iborenn (Guest)Tue 17-May-05 12:58 AM

#38145, "Am I going to get my PBF, or is it not payed for??"
In response to Reply #0

Just wondering as I don't see it up yet.

Selessya (Guest)Tue 17-May-05 07:53 AM

#38151, "If we can confirm it isn't paid for yet"
In response to Reply #33

Then I will pick up the tab, if you are unable to.

ValguarneraTue 17-May-05 07:59 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#38152, "No one has sent payment."
In response to Reply #33

You can use the 'graveyard' command inside the game to check who is eligible.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Enbuergo1 (Guest)Tue 17-May-05 08:04 AM

#38153, "You're complaining that someone didn't pay fast enough?"
In response to Reply #33

You have $5. Visa is in every country. Pay it yourself.

Nivek1Tue 17-May-05 09:19 AM
655 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#38154, "No."
In response to Reply #36

I think it's a case of, he thought someone was going to pay for it, but he would send in the money if no one did.

ValguarneraTue 17-May-05 12:38 PM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#38159, "Ultimately, PBF fees..."
In response to Reply #37

... are a frickin' bargain.

Iborenn's PBF fee is less than $0.01 per hour of play. (Iborenn played the character for 600+ hours.) This is a bargain, especially compared to typical software costs, which often are closer to a hundred times that rate- $50 for a game you'll maybe get 50 hours of play out of, or $1.00/hr. Commercial MUD fees typically range from $10-$50/month, and/or use a "pay-to-compete" system where you need to spend tens or hundreds of dollars per character to have enough practice sessions and the better items needed to compete. Unlike them, we don't exploit our playerbase by sacrificing the fair playing field like that.

Plus, PBF fees are retroactive. If you start a character, get crunched at work, and can't find the time to play it... it's not like a commercial MUD where you've already sent in your monthly fee, plus $20 for the Shiny Äxë of Superfluous Damage. You only pay for a character after you've played it to conclusion.

Given how inexpensive we've priced it, I don't see the pressing need to check-and-double-check if someone's paid for the character. If you send in the $5 and Iborenn's already covered, you can unlock someone else's sheet, or just chalk it up as a $5 donation. Every penny you donate to CF (either directly, by PBF, by purchase of merchandise, or whatever) goes to CF itself- no member of our staff pockets a penny of it. (Paypal eats a few percent out of each transaction, but the convenience of their service is worth it.) If we end up with a cushion after handling our server costs, we'll spend it on advertising, equipment upgrades, and the like... all of which comes back to you in the long run.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Calessin (Guest)Tue 17-May-05 01:45 PM

#38163, "RE: You're complaining that someone didn't pay fast eno..."
In response to Reply #36

Visa is, but Paypal is not. I wouldn't mind paying $5 for PBF. Hell, I wouldn't mind donating $200 if it was easy. I have two Visa Classic cards, but Paypal wouldn't accept it. When I had US Visa, everything was easier, but then the billing address became invalid. Maybe Paypal is convenient for IMMs (since almost all of them are in US), but it's a pain for the folks outside of US. I know about at least one russian CFer who would donate even more than myself

Calessin

CarrockTue 17-May-05 11:38 AM
Member since 13th Mar 2019
52 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#38155, "Yeah, I promised it. I'm doing it as we speak. (nt)"
In response to Reply #33

CarrockTue 17-May-05 11:59 AM
Member since 13th Mar 2019
52 posts
#38158, "Paid. (nt)"
In response to Reply #38

Iborenn (Guest)Tue 17-May-05 04:32 PM

#38164, "Thanks I was going to have to find someone with Paypal ..."
In response to Reply #38

And probly search my car for 5$ =P

Iborenn (Guest)Sat 07-May-05 08:44 PM

#37931, "Uncabaleds"
In response to Reply #0

Random killer porcupin gnomes: Heh, I was never suprised to see one of you shift while I flurried, I useually took it as a hazard of the job =P

Desmonn: Glad you Imm'ed you where a neat theif even if you where always robbing me =P

Cahlil?: Heh, either helping me, or blackjacking me whats a thief to do?

Wood-elf Healer: Your name escapes me, if I can ever get my comp working, I'll post that log of you talking to Iborenn about what he thought about life, I hope I fully expressed what Iborenn was to you.
A nut that would as soon as be your friend as slit your throat, respect or no respect. With very bizarre views on things, and while being openminded still unable to see past his bloody tactics.

Hmm, other noncabaleds out there, I made a few of your lives hell, sometimes you made my life hell, Glad cf continues to roll. Bleh, otherwise I'd have to play on one of those Raver mud things... *shiver*

Desmonn_Kinnt (inactive user)Sun 08-May-05 08:46 AM
Charter member
In response to Reply #16

Yeah, there werent many that didn't feel my hand in their
pocket once or twice. Wait..that didn't sound right.
Anyways...good solid character. Always one I could steal
from but know I could get back on your good side. Heh.
Village was funny that way. And I had it pretty good until
Gerylanst finally paid me off. Although to his dismay the 100
gold he bribed me to keep my hands out of villagers pockets was
about 3 days before I imm'ed. Anyways..you were very solid and always a treat to chat with.

I think the wood-elf healer was my wife Selessya. She always had a fond word about you and your talks. Anyways...good luck on your next. I'll be watching!

MUHAHAHAHAHAH

incognitoSun 08-May-05 07:36 PM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#37959, "Can't remember which character of mine it was"
In response to Reply #16

But I did feel bad ooc when you were resting in the area where I was ranking, so I told the Emperor (Blitz) where you were.

Never occurred to me that he'd turn up with a gang of five for you. I expected him to be coming alone.

Pendragon_SurtrWed 11-May-05 05:16 PM
193 posts
#38059, "RE: Uncabaleds"
In response to Reply #16

Well, might not have surprised you, but it surprised me as Caebrylla. I wasn't waiting for you to flurry, I already had the command in my buffer. Then I saw you flurry and I winced in RL saying 'This is gonna be painful for him'. You did a great job with a d-elf warrior. Good luck on your next char!

Iborenn (Guest)Sat 07-May-05 08:40 PM

#37930, "Outlanders"
In response to Reply #0

Jaeiin: You stick out in my mind, and yes your right, I picked you out cause you seemed like a lucid solid player, I was always watching you clean up somewhere. I neeeeeeded a good bard to deal with those freakin Imperials. Oh and about the magical stuff, eh, Iborenn felt if you wanted to waste your life on drugs, wasn't his problem so long as your didn't have some potion producing bag or some shiite like that.

Norkie: Great RP, solid personality. I was always finding corpses of you, apparently you where extremly gung-ho.

Other Outlanders I casually interacted with, seemed to take you guys a while to figure out that if you jumped my kill, I'd jump you even if you where going to whip my ass. In general I think the cabals cool, but If I can't buy fly and don't have rager resist, NO thanks.

Jaeiin (Guest)Sun 08-May-05 05:35 AM

#37937, "One thing I have to compliment you on..."
In response to Reply #15

Was making me feel used, yet comfortable. There was some kind of wierd medium where I knew I couldn't do much without you going all-out evil but there was some kind of loose connection between our roles.

You were once a slave, I sought to free them.

And from there, it just grew. Very nicely done, even towards the end I never felt entirely comfortable with you as a wood-elf should with a dark-elf. Through your interactions I even leant towards calling the high-elves snooty bastards and disowning them. Too many seemed out to get my blood with no serious reason to their convictions.

Jaeiin.

Iborenn (Guest)Sun 08-May-05 06:51 PM

#37958, "Well"
In response to Reply #18

One of these days when I'm not being lazy I'll actually try and roleplay something intresting...
May elves always be persecuted!!

Iborenn (Guest)Sat 07-May-05 08:37 PM

#37929, "Tribunal"
In response to Reply #0

Well, you guys where an intresting dilemma early in Iborenns life, as he was orderly and to some extent understood law and order, Iborenns problem was it didn't do what he wanted it to do, and couldn't be otherwise manupilated by him.

Vindicators: Heh I'm sure I suprised a few of you by just standing my ground bloodshackled somewhere while you tried to tag team me. Though I will admit, I always did pack extra dex when you guys where around something like +18 or so dex. Bastards.

Justicars: Heh Mela you where a laugh, always trying to get me not to bash you to-death. That was so freaking amusing. Hope people like your future Characters I feel as though you have good potental for excellent RP.

That dwarf shaman Vindy: Heh I loved pounding on you, and you wheren't one to give up. Good job.

Other Tribunals, well what can I say you where excellent entertainment.

DurNominatorSun 08-May-05 10:41 AM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#37944, "Goodbye Iborenn!"
In response to Reply #14

I'll post under Tribunal, since of all my characters, Agantas knew Iborenn the best, though Iborenn sure was a contemporary to all my characters. Good fights in Galadon, and other places. Agantas was waging his private war against Battleragers because they would persecute those of his craft. In the end, he brought this war to Ragers instead of just settling to defend Galadon against them. Agantas and Iborenn were pretty evenly matched in Galadon, but since you knew when to run, I didn't manage to seal a kill from you.

Fungor et al. had one fight against Iborenn and Liurnya, but this wasn't enough to form an opinion of Iborenn, so Agantas was the only one of the lot who knew Iborenn to some extent. Good luck with your next!

Agantas/Fungor/Murgh/Atohner

Iborenn (Guest)Sun 08-May-05 06:50 PM

#37957, "Thanks"
In response to Reply #20

May you one day seal that kill against me =P
Heh Agantas I wish I could get my computer working, I've got more than a couple of our fights, *mutter*

DurNominatorMon 09-May-05 01:29 AM
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#37964, "I've got many of the fights logged too."
In response to Reply #22

Although I have posted the ones that lead to death, there are plenty of others too. From memory I can say that manacles+poison(and guards) was usually enough to turn the fight for my slight advantage. With just manacles + guards we were more or less evenly matched. Naturally, I couldn't stay too long in the fight for the flurry and such if I wanted to live through it. Clockwork cobra damage wasn't the easiest kill sealer, though. While I liked the form, I hope I'll get to try something else the next time I play an utility shifter.

Agantas

Some Orc. (Guest)Mon 09-May-05 02:46 AM

#37967, "was fungor your first char?"
In response to Reply #20

I remeber him as a newb assassin? From a while back, not to sure.
I was in the woods as a ranger and Mosbaden was there and we hired a thief to come and slay your hidding arse, someduergar who we ended up slaying for talking some major #### against nature. Anyways I remeber you started it all by dusting one of us and or something.

Dis Orc put up da bigges bounties ta gets Murgh returnda.
2 coppas an sum cloth not go very fars.

I wish you never deleted, woulda been nice to have you around when I ranked up quickly to 36.

Anyone can email me at geopslicers@yahoo.com

DurNominatorMon 09-May-05 03:45 AM
2018 posts
#37969, "Yes, Fungor was my first char."
In response to Reply #26

>I remeber him as a newb assassin? From a while back, not to
>sure.
>I was in the woods as a ranger and Mosbaden was there and we
>hired a thief to come and slay your hidding arse, someduergar
>who we ended up slaying for talking some major #### against
>nature. Anyways I remeber you started it all by dusting one
>of us and or something.

The term I thought Fungor with was 'commands learning character'. I age died him, so he became the exploration character and the escape from PK-character as well, managing to do this quite successfully, as it is difficult to PK a hero that doesn't want to fight. The goal for Fungor was simple: Survive in Thera.

Your memory doesn't fit with the Fungor playing style very well, as he was very diplomatic and tried to avoid PK at all costs. And if this was in the past at lowbie? I remember only one occasion where ranger and duergar were involved, leading to Fungor dying.

In that event, I was travelling with a cloud ranger and another one whom I do not recall. We went to the Past and see two rangers there. The cloud tells the group that one of them, Surin, is evil. Soon after that, Surin ambushes me. I run to the wagon-trail road in the Past and I am hopelessly lost in that new place. I just sit there doing nothing, as the ranger is in woods. Soon after, duergar thief Destrofen arrives and kills Fungor. Meanwhile, the cloud swore to teach Surin a lesson he would not forget, so I was separated from my group at that time. The group told me to come to past Galadon, but since I didn't know whether it was east or west, I just sat there completely lost. That was how the thief found me. After that, Fungor went to Past only to rank in Aridhol, where he eventually reached his Hero title. Was that the incident you were talking about? This wasn't the days of the utterly total newbieness(I already knew the where command and such.), so it was just the newbieness. ;D

I did not return to my corpse, as I didn't know the way well enough to get there before unghosting. I had done it before, after ranger Jokuba killed me since I was afk when he started fight and didn't do as he had instructed while I was afk. I didn't get to my corpse in time, unghosted and my corpse decayed, leading to Jokuba killing me again while I was looking for my items. From this, I learned to expect multikilling and thus didn't return to the terrain I didn't know to get my items.

>Dis Orc put up da bigges bounties ta gets Murgh returnda.
>2 coppas an sum cloth not go very fars.
>
>I wish you never deleted, woulda been nice to have you around
>when I ranked up quickly to 36.

I felt that I was being somewhat hasty when deleting Murgh, as the orc was still fun in some aspects. Had I known that hand spec was hasted that one time near Village etc. Also, everyone telling how much orcs suck was also an incentive for a relative newbie(Fungor and Agantas before Murgh) to delete and try to play something else. Which one of them young orcsies you were? Tuk comes first to mind, but there were other young orcsies as well. Anyway, it would have been fun to run around with you as Murgh.

Iborenn (Guest)Sat 07-May-05 08:34 PM

#37928, "Marans"
In response to Reply #0

I'll just make this general.
Why don't I play Marans? Heh I don't like most of them thats why, overly obsessed with shineys, and I understand why too, I played one once long ago, and was obsessed with shineys myself, REQUEST SUX!

Paladins: Ug, I hated twohand paladins, I just could not outdamage you mithril using freaks. Shield paladins, you always gave me something to try shieldcleive always seemed to suprise you guys.. never did understand why it was so suprising...

Warriors: Alot of you guys seemed to respect Iborenn alot, heh he never respected you one bit, you where the most annoying thing in his way, specificly designed dark-elf killers UG, heartseekers, Defiances, Amathars, other mithril dark-elf killers.
Not that I didn't like you, but Iborenn didn't trust you guys as far as he could throw you. =P

Random other Marans: For somereason I seemed to like Maran's of any other class besides those to above, Tiberona heh you made a great scout =P

Mages: Yah, and you think you hated me *BLEH* Arcons! Pillars of the Heavens, Oh my. Though I will say Invokers in Maran ain't got #### on Invokers that came out scion.

Ruff?

Iborenn (Guest)Sat 07-May-05 08:29 PM

#37926, "Scion goodbyes"
In response to Reply #0

Hmm
Zavin, Nasty invoker I was scurd when you where on, I was soo freaking suprised that time you died raiding against me and um that Asoemthing berserker... Smart too, always had a answer for my tactics.

Asckershe: Your name as you can see is impossible for me to remember, though I do remember you always licking your lips trying to kill me *A better form would have really helped you out, I would have had serious problems had you been a Lion or Tiger* Good RP loved killing you too, *fistshake* Freaking airforms.

Other arial invokers: Heh well that most recent one was nice, though it seemed to take you a while to figure out exactly what tactics to use against me.

Thieves: Ug, I hated thieves, loved bashing them todeath though. Sure that suprised a few of you to get bashed todeath by a dark-elf.

That Lion guy... yah you, You scared me with barrier, luckily autosneak made it quite possible for me to escape if things got too hairy.

That A something invoker that was always telling Iborenn that he should just ignore him and let him age die, that was an intresting angle to bad Iborenn would rather speed the whole process up.

Hmm, can't seem to remember any offhand scions even though Iborenn truely enjoyed talking to you guys you always had something strange or otherwise compelling to say to me.

Iborenn (Guest)Sat 07-May-05 08:23 PM

#37925, "Empire goodbyes"
In response to Reply #0

Not too many of you stood out in my mind...
Blitzenturt: Beastly combo.. never really got any interaction out of you I'd be willing to be quoted as neet or anything, but apparently you had something managing to wipe the floor with us like that,
Also I'd like to point out Imperial tactics went to hell after you died.

Hmm, Dark-elf Imperials, I can't remember the healers name.. but you where intresting when you had something to say to me, Yah I think I woulda made a good warmaster too, though Iborenn thought more Emperor though...

Other imperials, heh unsuprisingly I don't really remember any of you.

If you feel disabused feel free to point it out.

Laes (Guest)Thu 12-May-05 11:30 AM

#38074, "Come on..."
In response to Reply #11

>Other imperials, heh unsuprisingly I don't really remember any
>of you.

I do remember you. We surely had good times together An excellent evil battlerager, cunning and consistent. I liked to interact with you alot. See you in the fields!

Laes

Iborenn (Guest)Thu 12-May-05 02:41 PM

#38076, "I was actually just thinking about you"
In response to Reply #30

I enjoyed sneaking up on the assassin, to bad I couldn't ever manage to kill you =P Least you never assassinated me, btw someone finally managed too, quicksand and 5 diffrent tries at me.

Suprised you haven't run into me on another character Hah!

Iborenn (Guest)Sat 07-May-05 08:17 PM

#37923, "Battle Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #0

Whew, this is a monsterous list if I can remember even half the people that had some sort of Impact on Iborenn.

Since your still at the top of my Head,
Acaga:Wow beastly ####er, I was talking to someone and he put it like this, I am sneaky and think really hard about my fights *sometimes* You on the other hand just blow #### up, Good ####ing job Man. Loved running around with you grabbing gear, dieing randomly, Watching you drop 5 imperials with bloodthirst That was ####ing awesome, on more than one occassion.
Ranak: Well guess that makes more sense eh?

Vershelt: Heh, much better than the wood-elf I must say, though you should have expected Iborenn to treat you like that, one word :ELF.
You were solid man, I knew I could rely on you like I could Acaga, Iborenn loved that kinda stuff, he says frog, you ribbit and jump
Though I didn't get us killed that often eh? =P

Various Gnomes and Svirnible: Iborenn was never really sure what to think about small folk, backwards thinking always seeing them pop up with new and intresting reasons to be a battlerager, good race To bad there where soooo many of you I can't even begin to name them all, though the long wacky names might have had something to do with that.

That dark-elf assassin, your name just slips out of my head, You had some intresting RP and approached me in just the right way. You I believe were the only one to get the express induct, ever! Hope you keep on trucking.

Felars, Iborenn had a real problem with Felars at first, basiclly running you right up there with Minotaurs and any other contruct like race. Though Kaethral *sp?* I must say you changed his mind even for a sissy goody, miss dieing with you too.

Other Giant ragers: Heh Iborenn really tried to measure each and every one of you against Acaga and Ranak, sometimes you'd make the grade and Iborenn would trust you, or He'd steal your Weaver of Doom *Muwahahahahah I still can't believe Ordasen let me get away with that, I must have either been ignored or I handled it correctly, hopefully the latter*

Janakt: Man that was a while ago but you STILL stick out in my mind, weird speech, smart player. You showed a good game.

Dwarf ragers: I can't seem to place any names, besides Khard, Heh sorry you had such a hard time getting inducted, I'm glad you did make it though, you where solid.

Duergar Ragers: Hmm, you all seemed to be axe specs.. Jinroh.. Kharashin, good weapon/legacy choice apparently Did well for both of you, Jinroh I'm still kinda upset you didn't Stick with the whole Imm thing... Karashin heh watched you whip some ass gud job.

G.. something arial dagger/hand can't seem to place your name, Heh, told you defender was a faaaar better choice =P. Heh, I bet it still chafes that I didn't let you take Commander from me *Cackle*

Tinfalin: Only elf Iborenn EVER liked besides Jaeiin *And him being a wood-elf helped him alot* You had a good combo and where totally gung-ho Iborenn apprecaited that about you as he felt Elves in general spend far to long thinking about things when they should have already done them.

Gerlysanst: Hadn't really seen much of you, though your RP when I interviewed you totally stuck out in my mind. Glad you made Commander I felt you where a excellent choice. Keep on trucking.

Hmm, I'm at a loss at the moment, if I remember you later I'll add some more, if I don't name you.. well smack me.

Arrazn (Guest)Sat 07-May-05 10:43 PM

#37933, "Heh"
In response to Reply #9

Looks like it was a long run for you
We had a lot of fun fights as Arrazn, Alidliril and some more..
Heh our last run was something funny, visit scions and whooops Challencer, then Empire and whoops emperor runs, that was classic

Good villager, good commander, and very good char.
Good luck on your next. See you in the village

Glaurthran (Guest)Sun 08-May-05 01:20 PM

#37948, "Goodbye..."
In response to Reply #9

I've got three ragers in a row to say good bye to you for...two went out the right way, one the wrong.

Muarghat had a lot of respect for a drow that gave up magic and the underdark. He hated your kind, but came to respect you deeply. Too bad I sucked at playing his combo...oh well.

Glaurthran felt nervous around you, but then again he felt nervous around everyone. As a berserker I'm just not very good i guess, but as a defender I slowley learned to beat you at your own game. Warcry, pummel, stun, field, murder....ahh well, good times.

Bhigwyte...the failed cloud who thought he was a troll. His role clashed with that of berserker honor from the beginning...but it didn't change how much fun I had infuriating people with his utter stupidity. Your interview was one of the few times I felt someone truely 'got' his role.

Good job man, come on back.
Treebeard

Iborenn (Guest)Sat 07-May-05 08:01 PM

#37922, "Goodbyes for Deh Imms"
In response to Reply #0

Hmm, where to start, I've talked to a large number of you guys

Kastellyn, you where ####ing awesome, WHEN you decided to log in =P
Never did figure out your tattoo, Eh. Maybe I'll make another follower one of these days. Loved your religion btw, I hope I grasped it the way you ment it to be, though its kinda hard to be evil and honorable and conniving and backstabbing...

Ordasen, Wasn't really sure what to make of you, I saw you almost as rarely as Kasty. Though at times I thought you did things that where hmm, well lets just say I was a bit upset. Though your religon seemed solid, and you certainly handled your berserkers the way I thought you might

Grurk, Heh Loved our interactions to bad you whipped my ass soooo bad in that duel. I had heard some things that made me doubt you a bit, hence why I was trying so hard to get your interaction, I'm always willing to give even a jerk a chance =P "just kidding"

Eshval, I was kinda intrested in following your religion on Iborenn, but it didn't really fit in with his reasons for being a Dark-elf rager. Oh, and I'm glad your around so much Scion was sooo slow there for a while.

Lich's, Both Mortal, and Immortal I hope I carried across enough contempt.

An Immortal, Some of you need to beat up on one of those little squeezy desk things with the buggy eyes cause dammned your grumpy.
Overall Immortals, Love the job, love the game, more addicting than Cocaine, better than a good beer, not quite as good as sex but close enough apparently because people like Deathclaw are still around, HAH!

Iborenn (Guest)Sat 07-May-05 08:19 PM

#37924, "Oh, and Ordasen"
In response to Reply #8

I can't forget the Con-quest that rocked, The ultimate test for a dark-elf I must say.
If I can ever get my computer working, I'll post it if your don't mind...
You really should log on more often, and Dragggg Kasty too.
I know how everyone else felt with the commander not being around, cause you guys made the cabal go round for me, Cabals just won't make it without immeraction.

ordasenMon 09-May-05 11:38 PM
Member since 18th Feb 2004
216 posts
#38000, "Farewell"
In response to Reply #8

Heh, I am around more then people would realize, however not alway able to interact due to where I am. Anyway I am glad you liked that quest for you, figured it would go well with your role.

You were a great commander when you were around, however you drove me freaking nuts with your prolong absents. You would start showing up again with regularity when I was close to removing you...and then you would disappear again when I decided to keep you. Finaly it just had to be done.

Over all, great job with the role and combo. Good luck with any future chars.

Iborenn (Guest)Thu 12-May-05 02:43 PM

#38077, "Yah.. sorry about all that"
In response to Reply #28

I'd get my computer working, then It would blow up, I'd get it working, and loose internet, I'd get internet back and get a ####ty job, I'd get all three.. and my computer would blow up again *BLEH*

Glad you enjoyed my impromptue role, I really should have gone more in depth about Iborenn I felt that sometimes you imm's where at a loss as to why Iborenn did some of the things he did.

Shadowmstr (Guest)Sat 07-May-05 09:23 AM

#37906, "2 Responses to a con died d-elf warrior?"
In response to Reply #0

With 600 hours? Wow. Iborenn was around forever and you seemed like a solid commander. Pity your logins dwindled after they tweaked the warcry legacy but I liked fighting you.

Iborenn (Guest)Sat 07-May-05 07:36 PM

#37920, "Heh, your telling me"
In response to Reply #3

Damned computer *fistshake*

Iborenn (Guest)Thu 05-May-05 07:42 PM

#37847, "Finalllllly!!!"
In response to Reply #0

Whew, that took long enough.. about a year?

Not really sure were to start,
RP
Iborenn was in essence a throw away char, I didn't intend to hero, much less end up Cabaled, leader with a tattoo.
His Rp was pretty simple, I was like how can I be mean in this situation, how can I stab this guy in the back, should I insult that Imm? Oh, and be nasty to any race that isn't Dark-elf, and be extra nasty to other dark-elves.

Thoughts about dark-elves as warriors
I reallllly liked Dark-elves, thanks to you know who for making me roll one. Whomever said the sucked, heh was really wrong. Sword and hands are both strong, though I lacked any abitlity to really malidict, I still had fun, and managed to do a good job at creating situtations where I had a chance. Hands was my equalizer against non-warrior classes, worked great on Invokers/Shamans/Ap's/Necro's/Transmuters/assassins etc.

Goodbyes will be later

Draxidar (Guest)Thu 05-May-05 11:50 PM

#37852, "Wow"
In response to Reply #1

Damn man, well done. A dark elf warrior and a defender and you were just mean as hell. I didn't get to interact enough with you, but everytime we did it was memorable for me. You had a great character, definately one you can be proud of. Excellent work.

Jaeiin (Guest)Sat 07-May-05 09:24 AM

#37907, "I thought you were great to hang about..."
In response to Reply #1

Well done all round, especially as you had no real targets for this character.

Hope to see one with as much all-round quality.

Yhorian.

GiantmanSat 07-May-05 03:55 PM
Member since 15th Sep 2004
31 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#37917, "RE: Finalllllly!!!"
In response to Reply #1

Finally is right man, good char, good job. You were a frickin beast, and a defender to boot. I knew you through Acaga and Ranak, and with both chars I was impressed, even if we didn't see eye to eye at all times. I hope your job is working out well, and maybe someday we'll meet up back in the fields.

Later

Derik aka Acaga

Iborenn (Guest)Sat 07-May-05 07:38 PM

#37921, "Well that would explain why I liked Acaga so much"
In response to Reply #5

Acaga reminded me of Ranak, I had no idea apparently.
Beastly is all I can say about you, one of these days I'll get around to getting my girlfriends laptop and post that log of me thumping your ass =D
I'll be back, or atleast be back killing Ragers or something...

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #37846 Previous topic | Next topic