Subject: "PW Stolen: Might as well be dead, Farewells Inside" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #37717
Show all folders

Haurvatat (Guest)Mon 02-May-05 06:09 PM

#37717, "PW Stolen: Might as well be dead, Farewells Inside"

Well sheeet

What can I say.. this is some bullfookinshiite. First char I had played in a while.. did everything right, good rp, new cabal, new angle, new god.. the works and I got screwed. Here is a lesson kids, don't pick easy passwords. I learned mine. Anyway here are my farewells just the same.
Trabryn: You rock, our two interactions were awesome.. I was pleasantly surprised when you tatto'd me so early. I'l probably be making another Trabryn follower in the near future. Your tattoo is freakin awesome, specially for us dumbass giants.

Tribunal: Alarian, thanks for inducting me, you blew me off the first few times we talkled but after a little persistence you opened up and let me in ..heheh pun intended. Anyway after having playing just about everything out there.. I decided to go with Tribunal and rather enjoyed my experience. I was looking forward to getting up there in the ranks and doing some damage against Outlanders and Ragers but thats how it goes sometimes. Minotaur boy, nice tanking, nice tribing, bad talking, so frustrating playing with a competantanly played mino. Have to choose between a good groupmate, cabal mate or the damn mino speech.. i stopped paying attention half the time it was too much work to try and understand. You are still gonna do well I am guessing.. Emonnev nice job on making provincial guess you will do alright.

Battleragers: Lots of baddies.. lots of tribunal ass kicking, was counting the days when I got unholy bless and bloodlust, easy way to charge up an axe.

Well I didnt know many people or interact with a whole lot.. relatively low level and all. So I'l let the rest of you respond to me if you remembered who I was.

Later folks

H

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Awww...I was looking forward to a blossoming rivalry., Ghrun (Guest), 03-May-05 09:05 AM, #4
Reply RE: PW Stolen: Might as well be dead, Farewells Inside, nepenthe, 02-May-05 08:38 PM, #2
Reply RE: PW Stolen: Might as well be dead, Farewells Inside, Haurvatat (Guest), 02-May-05 08:43 PM, #3
Reply Why can't imms do anything about it? ~, MayDay (Guest), 03-May-05 03:26 PM, #5
     Reply Well..., Valguarnera, 03-May-05 03:54 PM, #6
Reply What a ---- up way to go, Sorulin (Guest), 02-May-05 08:05 PM, #1

Ghrun (Guest)Tue 03-May-05 09:05 AM

#37737, "Awww...I was looking forward to a blossoming rivalry."
In response to Reply #0

Sorry to see you go out like that. Next time try a password like fk$a8cm4.

Ghrun!

nepentheMon 02-May-05 08:38 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#37720, "RE: PW Stolen: Might as well be dead, Farewells Inside"
In response to Reply #0

Sucks. Better luck next time around, man.

I have to admit I'm deeply curious what password was that easy to guess. Password? The character's name?

Haurvatat (Guest)Mon 02-May-05 08:43 PM

#37721, "RE: PW Stolen: Might as well be dead, Farewells Inside"
In response to Reply #2

His PW was inder: I am guessing it was done by someone that might know me or atleast know of me. The person that I strongly suspected doesnt mud nor do I think would he do such a thing. Ahh well wow.. I get serious make a serious rp char, don't even multi-char for shamans robes. And look what happened, teaches me about not cheating now doesnt it?

H

MayDay (Guest)Tue 03-May-05 03:26 PM

#37747, "Why can't imms do anything about it? ~"
In response to Reply #2

no text

ValguarneraTue 03-May-05 03:54 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#37751, "Well..."
In response to Reply #5

We can't look at your password. Everything's encrypted. If you let it slip, and someone changes it, you can't log on because you don't know the new one.

This wasn't a situation where our security was compromised. The fault lies with the person who picked a guessable password, and the penalty is losing the character. If you pick a password that someone else can guess, we will do the following if the accusation can be proven beyond reasonable doubt:

1) Delete the character.
2) Make sure the password guesser doesn't play CF in the future.

The staff already has the story of what happened, and it won't be an ongoing problem.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Sorulin (Guest)Mon 02-May-05 08:05 PM

#37719, "What a ---- up way to go"
In response to Reply #0

What can i say? It's a shame. I liked your char, liked travelling with you, and i was trying to catch you in the fields for a while untill i noticed this 'grave'.. Good luck in the future i supose.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #37717 Previous topic | Next topic