Subject: "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Seethian the Legend of the Battlefi..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #37716
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 04-May-05 12:13 PM
Member since 20th Sep 2024
17171 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#37716, "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Seethian the Legend of the Battlefield"

Mon May 2 17:41:17 2005

At 12 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 28th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Seethian perished, never to return.

Race:cloud
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:174

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Well well this was.... a learning experience, Rogue, 02-May-05 07:54 PM, #1
     Reply Let me just say, that you are the new EPTS., Grymm (Guest), 02-May-05 10:24 PM, #3
     Reply I think we are worse off for having a Player like you., Grymm (Guest), 02-May-05 10:28 PM, #4
     Reply Are you done? nt, Seethian (Guest), 02-May-05 10:32 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Well well this was.... a learning experience, Runaktla (Guest), 03-May-05 12:14 AM, #6
     Reply Now that you're dead.., Rusenlan (Guest), 03-May-05 07:00 AM, #7
     Reply Adios, Ghrulkar (Guest), 03-May-05 01:11 PM, #8
     Reply RE: Well well this was.... a learning experience, some guy (Guest), 03-May-05 11:45 PM, #9
     Reply A responce if you will., ordasen, 02-May-05 09:40 PM, #10
     Reply RE: A responce if you will., Rogue, 02-May-05 10:22 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Well well this was.... a learning experience, rulanit, 05-May-05 12:38 AM, #11

RogueMon 02-May-05 07:54 PM
Member since 24th Sep 2003
718 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#37718, "Well well this was.... a learning experience"
In response to Reply #0

Second villager in all my years here, first berserker.

So I deleted Crendal, and I'm thinking gee, what could I
possible try now, and a friend suggests something more suiting
to my over zealous, wreckless play style. A cloud zerker sword/axe,
very simple, very to-the-point, and very dangerous. If I was skilled, I would be a freaking monster.

My mentality of this character was in what "I" thought
a battle berserker was in rp..

Lack of self preservation in the face of combat, very direct,
impatient, easily angered, and unforgiving.

I now realize why it is, that they have this defined
"mine" for pk's. Simply because they are dangerous. Then again
being a villager, you should be. Your the barbarian fighter of thera, and should be a few notches higher than the rest in melee.

Bloodthirst got me killed a HELLLLL of a lot more than it got me kills. Personally, I would take a haste/dam redux prep over
bloodthirst any day after this experience.
Nothing like out of moves, less than 100hps, holding a cabal item,
and sleeping for about six or so hours on eastern road.

Deathblow.. I hear/see many different opinions on this.
Given my average set, I didn't need it, because anyone that didn't
use preps, would get hit horribly hard to my vuln axes coupled with
my sometimes 40-60 hit dam roll.
Deathblows purpose is what gave me the snowballs chance in hell to even be able to hold my own against the prepped mage classes.
Fighting two invokers... deathblow is only going to make them
word away and let you live. My kills I landed more often than not
were from pincers. Although I did post one of the ONLY logs I really
have, and as Jinroh commented, it got me two kills. But that is rare.

Most of the time my deathblows were parry'd. I just hit hard, coupled with Chilling Embrace/Fist of Titan, divine axes, wrath swords, etc.

So deathblow.. Give me a chance against the preps, and keeps the
non magi-non enemy fighter classes away, continuing to promote village rp I think.

A few times I went after tribunals whom killed me over a flag, but that was my character taking it personally.

Truesight is a godsend, resist is a godsend.

I think people take for granted the lack of Any other help though,
not refreshing, healing, things like that. Too many times I died over this, in horrible ways. But for the most part, I believe it balances out.

Now then...

To the Empire, very very many of you, like to do this tell sending, then deafing for 2seconds, send a tell, deaf, send a tell, deaf.. Ok.. so my outlanders used noreply before and I really quit using it after crendal.. after Seethian, I ####ing hate it.

It is very ooc, and annoying to high hell. Don't expect anything
in your corpse when you do this. Shame on you Imms for doing #### about it.

I dont blame any of you guys for not fighting 1vs1 with me, because
after all.. I just kinged melee when I wasn't making horrible mistakes. A few of you though just pure outclassed me, and my hats
of to you.

Tribunal..

Your pretty much as I expect. Your smart enough to know to come in
numbers, take turns being in the front, and it worked well for you.

Tolchec in particular.. There was a situation when there where three
villager types on the north road, and you show up with guards attacking our group then flee off when we start beating on you.
Yelling about parity to us was just.. immature. You attacked our
group, so you got our group. However, you kicked my ass whole heartedly by yourself solo. Very nicely done.

Scion..

Lumiere/Nhil invokers.. I just scratched my head, I couldn't lag you, both of you prep well, and together are just devastating.
Not to mention any help I have thats not flying just get killed.
But I got Nhil once, and am Very proud of that. I don't consider myself an above average player by far, and that kill in particular I was creaming myself. Thanks for the fights.

Runaktla.. Balls man, balls. You got em.

BATTLE

My relationship in battle was odd, mostly just the comadre insults
and what not, bland but fun.

Rusenlan.. So sorry for getting you killed what.. 5 times? But you signalling the attack just sent a greenflag saying killem all or bring some with me on the way. Very, Very fun. You kept me up all
hours of the friggen night running around shiny huntin.

Ontilyrn/Mailevk... we would have had a lot more fun had you guys
stuck around.

Gerylanst/Vershelt/Ghrulkar.. Far above and beyond my class as
a player, and very impressive with both game knowledge and PK ability. You guys really make the flag stand proud.

Mitrassek.. Heh, Everytime I travelled with you, I just couldnt get out of my head my past char fighting with you. But a cool duergar,
and was a blast heroeing with you.

As for the rest, I either just plain forgot, or we didn't have
much to do with each other so post and I will reply.

Now for my infamous "bitter" part of the post.

Ordasen... WTF is your problem? Here I am, sitting at nearly
200hours, 4 con, a hero, my play time is very often, and in my mind, I was showing about as much dedicationg and 'try' in Battle as the next guy. I was of the impression berserkers die alot, so when I went into fights, escape plans and the like werent in my mind.
But for some reason you wanna call me out and tell me i'm going to lose my hut? For ####ing what? Why do you feel the need to just go an try to #### with someones character like that, that obviously has been putting genuine time into, and staying till the con death, after a mid rank rage delete, which btw what the #### are you telling
the cabal I deleted for if it's a rage delete?
I had cabal mates saying they thought I was gone because you said so. The rage delete code is there for a reason, so unless I "Delete" and it's not just a rage delete.. stfu.

I've never had much of any interactions with you at all, know nigh nothing about you, came to your shrine several times.. and got nothing from you.

Then out of the blue towards the end of my char you wanna give me some #### like I havent killed a mage? Maybe I havent killed as much as a non-berserker bard... but my char was only like TWO weeks old? maybe three? No #### I dont have the kills... I dont have the time in. Even aside from that, I have no way of keeping my kills.

Everyone fights me that is a mage either cant be bashed/tripped, and pincer lags me longer than them. So once I attack them, which I did every chance I got, they just word away. Over, and over, and over. I'm not sure what expectation I wasn't fullfilling, but I earned the flag on my name of BATTLE on my death post, and I'll be damned if you were going to take it away from me for whatever bs you seem to have in mind. Hence the last two deaths.

Telling someone who has no light, is a ghost, is regearing, still naked, and out of moves that I have a day to kill a mage? Yeah.. right. Up yours buddy. End rant.

Other than that, much fun, thanks for the play, see you in the next.

-Rogue

Grymm (Guest)Mon 02-May-05 10:24 PM

#37724, "Let me just say, that you are the new EPTS."
In response to Reply #1

Easiest Player To Spot

Grymm (Guest)Mon 02-May-05 10:28 PM

#37725, "I think we are worse off for having a Player like you."
In response to Reply #1

Seriously, the way you are portraying yourself is terrible.

I'm sure I'll be able to identify your next character and avoid interacting with you thankfully.

I had to stop reading after you wrote that part about being a Monster Cloud Giant Sword Spec if you were skilled. That was cake.

Seethian (Guest)Mon 02-May-05 10:32 PM

#37726, "Are you done? nt"
In response to Reply #4

nt

Runaktla (Guest)Tue 03-May-05 12:14 AM

#37728, "RE: Well well this was.... a learning experience"
In response to Reply #1

> Runaktla.. Balls man, balls. You got em.

Thanks, that and barrier wands.

You did die... a lot, for the brief period that I interacted
with you, can't say which way or another as to whether you
were a good Rager as I'm not in the place to see or say it,
but at least you don't rub me the wrong way and OOCly I did
feel a bit bad for certain actions my character does in
spite of your more fairer actions.

Don't know what else to say, but luck with the next. If its
any consolation I could have swore Crendal nailed me once.

- Runaktla

Rusenlan (Guest)Tue 03-May-05 07:00 AM

#37732, "Now that you're dead.."
In response to Reply #1

Maybe I'll live longer? Actually not. I try not to be so suicidal but I think it's inbuilt or something. You were awfully suicidal too. Well Seethian was good fun, I enjoyed the char. There are currently no dwarves to make fun off, so you had to suffice. That fight at Kiadana vs 3 imperials without the head was a damn good one, I enjoyed that one a lot. Good luck with your next!

Ghrulkar (Guest)Tue 03-May-05 01:11 PM

#37743, "Adios"
In response to Reply #1

Thanks for the propers. Did you kinda come out of nowhere with Seethian? I must have missed most of your life, or blanked out you being in the cabal until you nearly heroed. I liked your Char, but I have to admit you weren't really a good battlerager. No offense to you, but I can tell you haven't played too many ragers, we are the haters and slayers of theran magic users, period. For example in your log of fighting those tribunals and Seph. Painful to watch, and Seph is the master of cheap a$$ kills. Take Vershelt for example, he will run into town flagged, and B-line that mage like it was his last meal. Hit and slay the Magi, whilst 'buzzing little flies' try to stop him, aka other tribunals trying to save they're comrades life. eat the brains and leave, his work is done, you know? You have to want them so bad you can taste it, and hunt them like its the last thing you will ever do. Oh and as far as getting a CON quest, its totally at the immortal descretion, and they don't just hand em out. I've had many a Char fall before completing or even getting a quest with no qualms, its just how it flows. like everyone else says, good luck with your next

rest in,
Peace

some guy (Guest)Tue 03-May-05 11:45 PM

#37757, "RE: Well well this was.... a learning experience"
In response to Reply #1

*chuckle* I had no interactions with you since well before you hero'd but the impression I got was that you were an 14 year old. Not the character, the player behind it.

I offer this as a positive suggestion: have a rationale prior to acting rather than trying to come up with lame post-hoc reasoning that doesn't even apply to the situation. I mean really, it would've been better to say 'I'm an ass, deal with it' than to invent justifications later.

And having deaf on continuously after a PK is lame, I think if you leave it on full time when you PK, the Imms should make it a permanent part of your character file. Turning it on after someone continually hassles you is fine but just leaving it on continuously, well, see the previous '14-year old' comment.

ordasenWed 04-May-05 12:13 PM
Member since 18th Feb 2004
216 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#37722, "A responce if you will."
In response to Reply #1

This is not a flame, just what I saw and belive. If you don't agree with it, that is for you to decide. I know I wont change your mind but you didn't change my mind with your own actions.

Ordasen... WTF is your problem? Here I am, sitting at nearly
200hours, 4 con, a hero, my play time is very often, and in my mind, I was showing about as much dedicationg and 'try' in Battle as the next guy. I was of the impression berserkers die alot, so when I went into fights, escape plans and the like werent in my mind.
But for some reason you wanna call me out and tell me i'm going to lose my hut? For ####ing what? Why do you feel the need to just go an try to #### with someones character like that, that obviously has been putting genuine time into, and staying till the con death, after a mid rank rage delete, which btw what the #### are you telling
the cabal I deleted for if it's a rage delete?
I had cabal mates saying they thought I was gone because you said so. The rage delete code is there for a reason, so unless I "Delete" and it's not just a rage delete.. stfu.

I have no problem. I personaly thought you were a crappy rager and I was not alone in this. Just because you put time, lost con and play often does not automaticaly mean you are a good rager. And actually I never called you out at all, nor said that. I had a talk with the Commander and told him it was in his hands and I supported his decision. As to "f@cking with someone's character", well guess what. If I think you are a crappy rager, why would I keep you in the cabal? As to the telling people you deleted, someone asked about you and I told them the coward took his own life. Which was true. And to be honest you "Rage" deleted right before I uninducted you so I left it at that. When you returned I left it as I said in the hands of the commander.

Next, as to your mage kills when I said something you had 3 freaking mage pks at rank 40+. This is a cabal about killing mages, berserkers especialy. Why be in the cabal if you are not doing what you are supose to be doing. I can understand it being hard to seal a kill sometimes but at the end of the day if you're not getting the job done there are others who can.

As for "earning" the Battle flag, why? Because you got pked or put in hours? You were not the spirit of the Ragers, you were not what a battle rager is (to me at least). In truth I was going to let you ride your way out, it was another who was concerned about allowing you to have the flag. But whatever you want to think chief, go right ahead.

RogueMon 02-May-05 10:22 PM
Member since 24th Sep 2003
718 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#37723, "RE: A responce if you will."
In response to Reply #10

Only 3? christ..

Well, alright.

I suppose I should thank you then for letting me ride it out.

Thank you.

I'll just have to try better next time then.

-Rogue

rulanitThu 05-May-05 12:38 AM
Member since 28th Sep 2004
51 posts
#37791, "RE: Well well this was.... a learning experience"
In response to Reply #1

Well comething Tolchec never got was his last name, Pridesoar. That should explain alot. He had pride coming out the wazoo. me as a player, I was laughing that I actually got away from that. =P

-steve-

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #37716 Previous topic | Next topic