Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Dorthonion the Grand Master of Art..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #37617
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 28-Apr-05 03:48 PM
Member since 20th Sep 2024
17171 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#37617, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Dorthonion the Grand Master of Artistry, Disciple of the Harvest Moon"

Thu Apr 28 15:48:53 2005

At 8 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 14th of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Dorthonion perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:214

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Dorthonion (Guest)Thu 28-Apr-05 10:05 PM

#37625, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Dorthonion the Grand Master of..."
In response to Reply #0

I have been under a ton of pressure as of late with projects and general life stuff. Taking a slot within the Maran is very demanding timewise and I simply did not have the time to put forth. It wasn't fair to anyone. I am also in the middle of undergoing treatment for a rather persistant form of cancer and my own personality traits were hard to push aside to keep being the happy-go-lucky elf bard. I am greatful for the years of enjoyment that CF has given me and for all of the players and immortals I have met personally and interacted with in game. You have in many ways made a big impact on my life and I am in your debt and thankful for each. With that said I want to make a short list of goodbyes.

Eshval: You brought back a spark that I had long lost in gaming. Thank you for being so involved. You are an inspiration and I can only imagine the effort you put forth.

Amaranthe: My 'love' for your take on things has spread to my real life and you made a huge difference in my outlook on things. I made many characters that were followers of yours, (Thank Nicolette for that one if you enjoyed your time with me.) only one was tattooed, but even the smallest of interactions with you were rewarding in many ways. Congratz on your new addition.

Shokai: You have been dear to me since my days as Raya. I always looked forward to seeing you around even if we didn't talk all that much. Thanks for everything over the years big man.

Valg: Since Makere I have admired you and the amount of work you do. It even inspired me to learn to code myself. Keep trucking. You, Qualdeus,(If I spelled that wrong forgive me.) Nep(You are the man.) in paticular, along with a long line of others have made a huge impact. I remember the first age well and as the old commercial goes 'Baby, you've come a long way.'

Players. Many of you have made the game so much fun for me. Wether pissing me off for losing to you, roleplaying with me, or joining me in a group gank,(especially of imperials. ) it has always been fun. Arvam, Proserpina, Avendella, Raikorsai, Mendlyar, Nimbus, Maelkith, Downhowee, Yanoreth, Selric, Pariva, Sacer, Ginharq, Zaka, Nabburak, Istendil, Hvitlock, Sirhilmas, Feiriel, Zorszaul, Jacynth, Cyradia, Shenara, Tathlyn, Ashrexyn, Alessa, Esfergref, Gadinias, my dear, dear Nicolette, and many many more. Thank you. I hope one day I can come back and contribute even a little of what I got from everyone.

Take care of yourselves, and have fun. Everyone says it's just a game, but it is so much more than that. Make the most of your time there.

Moiz

Cytherea (Guest)Thu 28-Apr-05 10:58 PM

#37626, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Dorthonion the Grand Master of..."
In response to Reply #2

It was nice being around you. And I know what you mean, having a family of my own. Good luck with life, and when you come back, the skull will be waiting.

DurNominatorFri 29-Apr-05 01:07 AM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#37629, "Dorth Onion!"
In response to Reply #2

I remember Agantas's guards killing you when you had Synnarlo the necro slept were killing the zombies with fire and ice, thus getting warranted for area attacks. I also remember Heas calling me to come to shadow grove to kill Jhuyzi, who was Agantas's nemesis. Then, he calls you, the wanted Dorth Onion, to help. Thus, my duty was to bite you. Then Heas attacks me and Agantas dies. I didn't hold anything against you two OOC for that, and Agantas made his peace with Dorth Onion(sorry, I can't resist using this particular spelling ), but he never forgave Heas(the OOC reason was me wanting more things to bite).

I also recall killing dragons and such with Dorthonion(all right, I'll use this spelling just this once so you can see that I can type it right ) as Atohner. We were heading to rank, but it didn't go far as you lagged out in the mountain after the journey. We ended up finding another and the ranking went well. ;D

And yes, ultimately it is just a game and it is perfectly valid to play just one or two hours a week.

Runaktla (Guest)Fri 29-Apr-05 01:27 AM

#37631, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Dorthonion the Grand Master of..."
In response to Reply #2

You were definitely a part of the competent group of bards
that I hated dealing with (You, Kristin, Sdradiga, to name a
few). As always, sometimes I want to have a char on the other
side of the fence, to see what most of the Fortress kiddies
are like from something other than an enemy's perspective. I'm
sure I'm right when I say it is a loss on my part at some
times, but on the other hand, I've got a thing for making evil
sorcerors and brutal axe-murderers my company instead. *wink*

Anyways, luck with life and the next. I liked what I did see.

- Runaktla

Zakarius (Guest)Thu 28-Apr-05 04:22 PM

#37618, "Mother.........."
In response to Reply #0

Sheesh, droppin like flies. Didnt see you much, liked havin you around though. Bards are always a blast to have around. Wish I could have gotten to know you better.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #37617 Previous topic | Next topic