Subject: "(DELETED) [HERALD] Rixljyn "Jynx" a'Shabei the High Her..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #37614
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 28-Apr-05 02:48 PM
Member since 24th Sep 2024
17179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#37614, "(DELETED) [HERALD] Rixljyn "Jynx" a'Shabei the High Herald of the Eternal Star"

Thu Apr 28 14:47:59 2005

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 9th of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Rixljyn perished, never to return.

Race:half-drow
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:526

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Wow!, Urjun Italith (Guest), 09-Aug-06 06:06 AM, #13
Reply RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Rixljyn, Jynx (Guest), 07-Apr-06 12:37 PM, #10
Reply Inactive leaders, DurNominator, 07-Apr-06 12:57 PM, #11
     Reply RE: Inactive leaders, Jynx (Guest), 08-Aug-06 03:27 PM, #12
Reply RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Rixljyn, Kohl (Guest), 13-Jul-05 08:51 AM, #9
Reply Gutted I never got to show you all those paths..., Jaeiin (Guest), 20-May-05 07:25 AM, #8
Reply RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Rixljyn, Grenten, 19-May-05 10:32 PM, #7
Reply Ah my friend, Kohl (Guest), 19-May-05 08:00 PM, #6
Reply Your timing was terrible., Mostly Harmless, 30-Apr-05 02:29 PM, #5
Reply So long old timer..., Lophiel (Guest), 30-Apr-05 07:27 AM, #4
Reply The last name I recognize!, Shaz (Guest), 29-Apr-05 11:07 PM, #3
Reply Jynx!, DurNominator, 29-Apr-05 01:32 AM, #2
Reply RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Rixljyn, Karzalynn (Guest), 28-Apr-05 08:31 PM, #1

Urjun Italith (Guest)Wed 09-Aug-06 06:06 AM

#49868, "Wow!"
In response to Reply #0

Do you remember me? I remember helping you rank on the Mount back in the days when I was Cardinal. But it seems like ages ago now!! Big ram! If I am not mistaken? Anyhow, I remember interacting with this character and I enjoyed our talks, however brief they were. Thanks for the interactions.

Urjun

p.s Goodluck with whatever your doing now.

Jynx (Guest)Fri 07-Apr-06 12:37 PM

#47292, "RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Rixljyn"
In response to Reply #0

Wow, here it is a year later and I'm finally coming across all this! The memories of all of you and all of these times makes me wish that it never had to end. Of course I imagine we'd all get bored eventually anyway

To answer one question, what happened to my hours. I'm an EMT and during that period I ended up being brought in alternating days and nights, for 12 or even 24 hour shifts. As you can guess most of my off time went to sleeping and I only deleted Jynx so that he would be replaced, because my time was not my own and I didn't feel I would return quickly enough to do anything but keep the Heralds low.

Hopefully I'll be switching jobs, one consists of four days on, four days off, four days on, etc. If I get it, you can all be sure you'll see me around the Inn again, hanging around with Olar and stoking the flames of the tale-telling fire. You just probably won't realize it

DurNominatorFri 07-Apr-06 12:57 PM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47293, "Inactive leaders"
In response to Reply #10

You could have sent the Imms a note to stay that you step down from the High Herald position if that was your only reason to delete.

Jynx (Guest)Tue 08-Aug-06 03:27 PM

#49862, "RE: Inactive leaders"
In response to Reply #11

Thinking back on it, I could have, but I didn't see a purpose to keeping Jynx if I couldn't play him. Shazirah had left, Arvam was MIA and there were so few Heralds left that it seemed to me a better idea to just delete and allow someone with time to come in and rebuild.

Shazirah had once praised me for my high standards when interviewing applicants, saying that it would be better for Herald to die than to be filled with people who weren't Heralds and become something it wasn't.

Even still, I couldn't help but feel responsible for the dwindling numbers.

Kohl (Guest)Wed 13-Jul-05 08:51 AM

#39729, "RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Rixljyn"
In response to Reply #0

And so the last of the Heralds that Kohl was associated with is gone. Unfortunate, really liked Jynx, he was a good person, always listening, tried make things work. And now it's new people all over again unfortunately, or chars rather. I'll miss him.

Jaeiin (Guest)Fri 20-May-05 07:25 AM

#38243, "Gutted I never got to show you all those paths..."
In response to Reply #0

But man, did you ever last long. Seriously good job, I'm betting you had a blast all the way!!!

See you in the fields in whatever fun-loving incarnation you pick next.

Jaeiin

GrentenThu 19-May-05 10:32 PM
Member since 03rd Apr 2005
3 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#38233, "RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Rixljyn"
In response to Reply #0

Man, I only saw you a few times, and even then you were busy, but it's because of you and two other Heralds (Lophiel, Nialona) that I even got to meet you/get inducted. As Grenten I always wished to see everyone one of us Heralds just go get together and go do something or simply hangout and chill at the Inn, listen to the drunk Bards sing and what not. But also I realized that life does call everyone ( Reason for my delete) and I let things be they way they were. Wish we could've talked more.

Peace out.

Kohl (Guest)Thu 19-May-05 08:00 PM

#38232, "Ah my friend"
In response to Reply #0

Jynx my friend, it took a long time for you to die, I was very surprised that you did, I was thinking that you might make ava. But such isn't the case and I understand how things work out.

Farewell I'm glad you lasted as long as you did,

Kohl

Mostly HarmlessSat 30-Apr-05 02:29 PM
Member since 30th Nov 2003
20 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#37676, "Your timing was terrible."
In response to Reply #0

===
(1/599hp 1/1101m 523/952mv 22700tnl 1 AM)
Your aging body finally gives out on you.
You turn into a ghost for an hour.

You can quit at anytime to speed the process along.
You stop following Ansrtril.

(23/599hp 56/1071m 583/952mv 22700tnl 1 AM)
Requin: Bye and stuff!

Rixljyn: It shouldn't be long... not with all the sleep I've gotten already.

(23/599hp 56/1071m 583/952mv 22700tnl 1 AM) Ansrtril tells you 'You okay?'

Olar the Tale-Teller: The Tale-telling fire dims as Rixljyn leaves us, but shall burn Eternally.
===

Psh. What a friend you were! But wow. That was all the way back in September. And here you are, a fresh corpse, more than 7 months later.

It's really too bad your hours changed later on, because I was hoping to get to "meet" you with my last char, who shall remain nameless. To be honest, I don't remember much of you from my time playing Alessa, but it's probably the effects of old age. Time plays some crazy tricks on you. Anywho, congrats on the whole HH thing. Come back for s'more. Heralds need some help.

-----
"In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women, and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri."

Lophiel (Guest)Sat 30-Apr-05 07:27 AM

#37666, "So long old timer..."
In response to Reply #0

It was fun! and of course I always enjoy you feeding my ego.

I started wondering where'd you run off to towards the end there, but it was nice logging in those few mornings to catch you on, and there you were.

Thanks a lot for that little talk you gave me a while back, with you, me, and Nialona sitting around the bar. Hopefully I won't be disappointed, or let anyone down for that matter.

Take care Jynx!

Shaz (Guest)Fri 29-Apr-05 11:07 PM

#37662, "The last name I recognize!"
In response to Reply #0

I'm sorta surprised you stuck it out this long. You were pretty good in my book. Good luck with whatever comes next.

Shaz!

DurNominatorFri 29-Apr-05 01:32 AM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#37632, "Jynx!"
In response to Reply #0

Exploring with you as Fungor was fun, going to Azuremain, Maethien and such and trying to find out the tragic events that led to destruction of Maethien etc. There was a sense of true adventure in it. I felt that I was in the world. That was what kept Fungor alive, I felt as Fungor that I was in the world, not in some text based game. In the other hand, the lack of this was what ultimately killed Atohner.

Fungor

Karzalynn (Guest)Thu 28-Apr-05 08:31 PM

#37622, "RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Rixljyn"
In response to Reply #0

Hm. Don't want this thread to get buried too fast.

Your effectiveness as High Herald was debatable, and I can see both sides of the argument. I think you were a great figurehead at your peak. You were very sociable and you took charge more visibly then other High Heralds had, and I applaud you for that, but I'm very surprised the Imms didn't name a second high herald when your hours turned sour for so long.

Rixljyn was very dear to Karzalynn, as much as she tried to hide that up until the very end. With my roleplay, hours, and endurance for the insane workload slipping, I never got the chance to let that go anywhere. Also, couples drama in Herald gets old fast. It was very amusing to come back from a week or two's absence and find my protogee tailor not only outranked me, but would soon be assuming the position of High Herald. Karzalynn quickly fell into a subordinate position, and remained a bit of a child, instead of a mother to you, which was appropriate I felt considering Rixljyn's life had advanced a lot whereas Karz's hadn't advanced at all. It was fun to be around you as your roleplay began to change slowly, quiet and witty and contemplative at times, and always fun-loving and quick to a smile. Just a sheer joy to be around.

I never got to talk to you in other characters, in your later years, what with your time change. There were several instances that I intentionally would log in in the early morning to catch you on but never could. Too bad. Why did your times change, anyway?

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #37614 Previous topic | Next topic