Subject: "(DEL) <BATTLE> Vlornik the Bard Hero, Subtle Spy of War" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #3727
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 16-Nov-01 09:06 PM
Member since 28th Apr 2024
16816 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3727, "(DEL) Vlornik the Bard Hero, Subtle Spy of War"

Fri Nov 16 21:04:55 2001

7 o''clock PM, Day of the Bull, 8th of the Month of the Frost Giant on the Theran calendar Vlornik perished, never to return.

Race:half-drow
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:130
PK Ratio:43% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DEL) <BATTLE> Vlornik the Bard Hero, Subtle Spy of..., Sehv (Guest) (Guest), 17-Nov-01 12:23 AM, #2
Reply RE: (DEL) <BATTLE> Vlornik the Bard Hero, Subtle Spy of..., Gabe, 17-Nov-01 12:19 AM, #1
     Reply You, my friend, suck., Loborguz (Guest) (Guest), 17-Nov-01 12:49 AM, #3
     Reply RE: You, my friend, suck., Gabe, 17-Nov-01 01:01 AM, #4
          Reply On the raid..., Karnavex (Guest) (Guest), 17-Nov-01 03:54 PM, #8
     Reply I thought this was absolutely ridiculous, A Current Scion (Guest) (Guest), 17-Nov-01 01:07 AM, #5
     Reply Allow us a moment to cry for you, Cat (Guest) (Guest), 18-Nov-01 08:34 PM, #9
     Reply Ummmm, Aluria (Guest), 18-Nov-01 11:24 PM, #11
          Reply But please, Same Scion (Guest) (Guest), 19-Nov-01 04:04 AM, #12
               Reply Dude simmer, Aluria (Guest), 19-Nov-01 08:36 AM, #13
                    Reply No, Same Scion (Guest) (Guest), 19-Nov-01 07:09 PM, #14
                         Reply RE: No, Gabe (Guest) (Guest), 19-Nov-01 11:24 PM, #15
     Reply RE: (DEL) <BATTLE> Vlornik the Bard Hero, Subtle Spy of..., Arkady (Guest) (Guest), 17-Nov-01 02:14 AM, #6
     Reply RE: (DEL) <BATTLE> Vlornik the Bard Hero, Subtle Spy of..., Gabe, 17-Nov-01 02:27 AM, #7
     Reply RE: (DEL) <BATTLE> Vlornik the Bard Hero, Subtle Spy of..., Divox (Guest) (Guest), 18-Nov-01 10:56 PM, #10

Sehv (Guest) (Guest)Sat 17-Nov-01 12:23 AM

#3728, "RE: (DEL) <BATTLE> Vlornik the Bard Hero, Subtle Spy of..."
In response to Reply #0

Bah...DAMNIT...all those things.

Enjoyed the idea behind your character, and you always approached Sehv with less...visible at least...distaste than some others have in the past.

Was looking to doing some heavy exploring with you.

Would like to know why you deleted.

p.s. felar resist + battle resist + bard resisting + bloodthirst haste is OVERPOWERED....*chuckle*

GabeSat 17-Nov-01 12:19 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
182 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3729, "RE: (DEL) <BATTLE> Vlornik the Bard Hero, Subtle Spy of..."
In response to Reply #0

Well..what can I say. This was my first bard ever, and boy did I ##### it up in the beginning. The whole thing about everything you sing is area..that took a bit to get used to. I had a good time..even if it was short lived. Ill run through a list of goodbyes..and that should be it for me.

Battle:

Intronan - thanks for whatever effort you put forth in getting the motions for me to join scion.

Thror - Thanks for the induction, even if I didn't have a role at all..

Loborguz - I sure had fun relaying Scion info to you while I was in the hole. I bout laughed my ass off when people thought you were cheating or something, when you came to the chasm and attacked the marans. That was beautiful.

Hrm..Meushen, Krawg, Merithias, Jylak, Jezzan, Arkady, Yuber, Sehvoor, Hralleth..and everyone else who I am forgetting as always, had a blast with all of you.

Scion:
Early on when I was a scion, it was fun to avoid getting spells cast on me and stuff. If someone cast invis on me, I would constantly type vis, not sure if you guys thought i was crazy or what. I tried to stick with the assassins and warrior types, less of a chance I would be put into a position to accept magic and stuff. I also never used a scion power at all. So basically I was running around as a wannabe village while in scion. Any fight that I was in..I would purposely screw up because most of the time we were fighting ragers and I wanted them to win. In the end I liked taunting all you guys..that was fun.

Brotmin - I had fun messing with you, there for a bit I thought you were going to give me the job I was pining for..heh

Phaistus - Shutup...har.. ..when i was in scion I think i got you pretty upset with telling you to shutup..I had to keep it going when I was a villager.

Sintarlin - I had the feeling you had it out for me..everytime you were around..heh..I think it had to do with you inducting me..never know though!

Honorable mentions:

Divox - I liked running around with you, I would try and convert you from the magic usin fool you were though!

Oh well yet another rager,
Gabe
What it is, jive-turkey!

Loborguz (Guest) (Guest)Sat 17-Nov-01 12:49 AM

#3740, "You, my friend, suck."
In response to Reply #1

I can't believe you delete the day before we start doing some village exploring trips to various areas. You are the bard, we needed you.

Bah, and even beyond that, all that work getting you in, the stuff we did, and you go tossing it all away?

I'm mad. Very, very angry.

Dork.

GabeSat 17-Nov-01 01:01 AM
182 posts
#3741, "RE: You, my friend, suck."
In response to Reply #3

Yeah yeah yeah, I know. I only play a game to have fun, I have fun when its interesting, when it becomes .. uninteresting .. well .. refer to the deletion. Not sure what happened, but hey Im not one to keep a character in the closet cause I don't feel like playing him. I only play one character at a time.

I think the main reason I deleted, was their were like 6-7 scions raiding the village, with 4 of us I think, defending. We weren't even at the destructor..and they turn around an run. That..really pissed me off, its like we had to drag whatever mages we could find out from their inner guardian just to get a decent fight. There were practically no enemies online ever....Ragers shouldn't ever be forced to explore because they have nothing else to do.

Oh well, I am sure you guys will be ok exploring. Are you sure you can invoke the talisman?..*coughs*..Looks magical to me..I wouldn't chance it.

Gabe
What it is, jive-turkey!

Karnavex (Guest) (Guest)Sat 17-Nov-01 03:54 PM

#3742, "On the raid..."
In response to Reply #4

We were prepping to raid when a lower level scion said three paladins were in the desert. Didn't wanna start with something that was more an afterthought than our real goal while leaving the Archmage to get spanked by thee paladins. Just hate to have people thinking one way when all the facts are not evident.

A Current Scion (Guest) (Guest)Sat 17-Nov-01 01:07 AM

#3733, "I thought this was absolutely ridiculous"
In response to Reply #1

I thought this was very poorly done on the part of everyone involved.

I specifically remember an imm saying something like this could never be done. Saying that the immortal patrons of a cabal would have the omnipetent(sp) knowledge of spys and would never allow them into the cabal. There were so many times after you betrayed the chasm that I wanted to pull my hair out by the roots because of what I had read by an imm in previous days. But apparently their was no truth to what was posted before. Lame.

Cat (Guest) (Guest)Sun 18-Nov-01 08:34 PM

#3739, "Allow us a moment to cry for you"
In response to Reply #5

The post was in reference to Arbiters because when they screw people over it's a little different eh?

Aluria (Guest)Sun 18-Nov-01 11:24 PM

#3734, "Ummmm"
In response to Reply #5

CF has a long tradition of inter cabal spies. I remember at least one leader of battle who was a shadow.

HAH

I like it, personally

Same Scion (Guest) (Guest)Mon 19-Nov-01 04:04 AM

#3735, "But please"
In response to Reply #11

NO BLOODY ROLE THE ENTIRE TIME? That is rather weak. That is my only real big problem with it. If you have this intricate plot to spy on scion for battle and you dont have a friggin role until an immortal makes you?

Aluria (Guest)Mon 19-Nov-01 08:36 AM

#3736, "Dude simmer"
In response to Reply #12

This is funny to me because role is new to me. I came back after some years, and along with conjurers, dawnites, a scarab cabal (lots more things too) role was one I didn't exist back when I started, and back then, we still roleplayed. I had an almost hero empowered cabaled healer, no role because there weren't any. It's a cool idea, and I like it, but if he can pull off the character without it, kudos!

ps Dwimms role blew ass, got all confused, and eventually I just decided to ignore half of it that was redundant or contradictory, and stopped adding to it. Still got titled, role is just a command, it's what you do with it!

Same Scion (Guest) (Guest)Mon 19-Nov-01 07:09 PM

#3737, "No"
In response to Reply #13

Roles have been around long enough. Long enough so that if someone has an intricate plan to spy for a cabal it should be written.

Gabe (Guest) (Guest)Mon 19-Nov-01 11:24 PM

#3738, "RE: No"
In response to Reply #14

Use of the role command is not mandatory on CF. Roleplaying, however, IS
mandatory, and role can help us determine if you are roleplaying
exceptionally, poorly, or not at all, and reward accordingly.

I hope I don't have to highlight the relevant parts.

Gabe

Arkady (Guest) (Guest)Sat 17-Nov-01 02:14 AM

#3731, "RE: (DEL) <BATTLE> Vlornik the Bard Hero, Subtle Spy of..."
In response to Reply #1

Damn. I thought the spy thing was cool, and inspiring to know you didn't have a role Ah well if you not having fun delete delete away. Maybe make a nice nexus for those you left behind to beat on.

Peace.

GabeSat 17-Nov-01 02:27 AM
182 posts
#3732, "RE: (DEL) <BATTLE> Vlornik the Bard Hero, Subtle Spy of..."
In response to Reply #6

I didn't have one initially, but Thror whipped it out and said ya best get one. So I did..I had it planned out all the way, just too lazy to write it up.

Gabe
What it is, jive-turkey!

Divox (Guest) (Guest)Sun 18-Nov-01 10:56 PM

#3730, "RE: (DEL) <BATTLE> Vlornik the Bard Hero, Subtle Spy of..."
In response to Reply #1

> Divox - I liked running around with you, I would try and convert you from the magic usin fool you were though!

Well, damnit, I was looking forward to "trying" to kill you. Then again, my track record as of late is pretty damn bad in general but I need to learn not to try and take on three villagers at once or stick my head in a situation where that happens. Don't see it improving in the near future but I'm a glutton for punishment and always like looking at my corpses at the giant to see what it looks like "this" time. See ya in the fields.

Divox

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #3727 Previous topic | Next topic