Subject: "(Deleted)[OUTLANDER APPLICANT] Atohner the Hedge Wizard" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #36864
Show all folders

DurNominatorThu 07-Apr-05 05:51 AM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#36864, "(Deleted)[OUTLANDER APPLICANT] Atohner the Hedge Wizard"

The main reason for deletion was that I got bored of playing a transmuter. After Aesrira's death, there were often times when there would be no other Outlanders around to keep Atohner company. Atohner was my first transmuter and third hero, as I didn't play Murgh that far.

Atohner became an Outlander applicant at level 50, which made things rather complicated, and not getting inducted because of lack of wilderness hours sucked. Before level 50, Atohner was a diplomatic group with everyone-character.

Not to mention that I've had those same thoughts as Aerik had in his goodbye post. The snow has melted in here as well.

As far as the story is conserned, Atohner became a forest hermit and was never seen again.

Some goodbyes

Imms and leadership:

Aerik & Innis: Sorry for bothering you two with my applications, as I didn't have interest to play much more. Thanks for caring.

Imms in general: Thanks for any neat echoes that dropped by to my direction. I can recall that raven watching me from a tree in the eastern road. It was after Aesrira's deletion, so Atohner naturally assumed it was Aesrira who flew by to keep an eye on him.

Aesrira: I liked your interviewing style, as you were ready to spend long time with an applicant. The part when you were the Harbinger and I was an applicant was fun, and I learned a lot about Outlanders. Atohner was rather fond of Aesrira and thus adopted many of her animalistic consepts as metaphors. After Aesrira's deletion, Outlanders seemed play at other hours and their presence became much more scarce in the hours I play.

As a transmuter, Atohner was a ganker who didn't get a kill on his own, so he needed other people to gank enemies with him to be deathful. I did try to fight opponents alone as well, but I didn't win those fights. I like to solo PK, as the ganking made the fun factor dependent of others and their presence.

Faelria: My ranking companion in mid-ranks. It's always nice to see a well-RP:ed invoker. That cloud giant comment you made in Seantryn when we looked for a tank to replace Grorira was pretty funny.

Tasild: Thanks for showing me how to deal with two dark arial guards as an assassin, when you, me and Faelria were ranking there. You heroed with me and Brutgelyth(imperial mino shaman) in Mt. Kiadana-Rah. Not long after, Atohner turned into an Outlander(note that this didn't happen instantly) and we were enemies.

Icthaen & Vorroth: Atohner's Maran friends. Atohner owed Icthaen 2 gold for a bet over Vorroths forms, but after becoming Outlander, he couldn't have paid with nothing more than a lecture about how money is bad and tell Icthaen that he should give it up.

Reggie: We were deathful together that one time in the Weald.

Viviarong: You've been around for quite a long time, since I've known you with three characters. As an Outlander applicant Atohner looked more closely into glauruk society, whereas Agantas saw only frogs in the swamp. Did you plant that tree for Fungor, btw?

Melacarfina: It didn't feel very fun to call Agantas's friend and adventuring companion a Spire dog. I got away with 15 hp that time when I attacked you in Galadon. Special guards are nasty to a trasmuter.

Any others: It was nice to get know to you and interact with you. I'll try to reply to you if you post something and say something nice about your characters, as I'm not putting any more time to these goodbyes.

Atohner/Murgh/Agantas/Fungor

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Thank you for your help, Drahke (Guest), 08-Apr-05 08:01 AM, #11
Reply RE: Thank you for your help, DurNominator, 08-Apr-05 04:55 PM, #13
Reply RE: (Deleted)[OUTLANDER APPLICANT] Atohner the Hedge Wi..., Lycand (Guest), 07-Apr-05 02:38 PM, #8
Reply Can't remember Lycand well., Atohner (Guest), 07-Apr-05 03:41 PM, #9
Reply RE: (Deleted)[OUTLANDER APPLICANT] Atohner the Hedge Wi..., Rasha (Guest), 07-Apr-05 12:25 PM, #4
Reply Rasha!, DurNominator, 07-Apr-05 01:06 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Rasha!, Rasha (Guest), 07-Apr-05 01:58 PM, #6
Reply RE: (Deleted)[OUTLANDER APPLICANT] Atohner the Hedge Wi..., Viviarong (Guest), 07-Apr-05 08:25 AM, #3
Reply RE: (Deleted)[OUTLANDER APPLICANT] Atohner the Hedge Wi..., DurNominator, 07-Apr-05 02:14 PM, #7
     Reply Conserning interview logs., Viviarong (Guest), 08-Apr-05 02:46 AM, #10
          Reply Okay. I won't post them then. nt, DurNominator, 08-Apr-05 04:22 PM, #12
Reply Here's the problem, Theerkla, 07-Apr-05 06:44 AM, #1
     Reply My case., DurNominator, 07-Apr-05 07:03 AM, #2

Drahke (Guest)Fri 08-Apr-05 08:01 AM

#36923, "Thank you for your help"
In response to Reply #0

Drahke tells you 'Spire steal fetish. Flesh mage help Drahke?'

I enjoyed having a transmuter ally, but as you probably discovered yourself, Drahke was not in the least interested in aiding you. You sometimes went down when we were retriving from the tribunal, and didn't even get a thank you for the effort.

I think Atohner was fine, but I agree with Therkla that since applicants to battleragers and outlanders give up the most (as applicants, not when they are inducted and have access to their skills/powers) applying at level 50 seems cheap, even if it was a natural thing to do rolewise.

Keep trucking. We need more new players like you.

DurNominatorFri 08-Apr-05 04:55 PM
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#36942, "RE: Thank you for your help"
In response to Reply #11

>Drahke tells you 'Spire steal fetish. Flesh mage help
>Drahke?'

Running around with Drahke was fun too.

>I enjoyed having a transmuter ally, but as you probably
>discovered yourself, Drahke was not in the least interested in
>aiding you. You sometimes went down when we were retriving
>from the tribunal, and didn't even get a thank you for the
>effort.

Didn't expect to be thanked for the help, as Atohner considered himself as an Outlander, even though he was not inducted. And you did get me those fur boots. Two times or so. Not to mention the snow worm gear and some basic necessities after being full looted. Seriously, there was enough thank you for Atohner in that.

>I think Atohner was fine, but I agree with Therkla that since
>applicants to battleragers and outlanders give up the most (as
>applicants, not when they are inducted and have access to
>their skills/powers) applying at level 50 seems cheap, even if
>it was a natural thing to do rolewise.

Maybe so, but I did come up with the idea of putting him to Outlander at level 50 (at 70 hours or so, as Atohner did nothing but rank rank rank before that) to get some meaning to the otherwise bland character so that I'd had something else to do besides explore/delete at hero. There were two things about being an Outlander that I wanted for Atohner: CB for RP interactions and casus belli to PK some characters role-wise. I got the latter as an applicant, though. One factor to my deletion wanting to play something else and one other factor was most of the Outlanders I had known deleting.

And what comes to applicants giving up things, the most important thing to give up are the groupmates, as Outlanders do not group with certain individuals. The other thing is food that is bought from mobs(though this is not important, only convenient) and practices from guildmaster, though there are probably trainer mobs that can teach skills as well somewhere in the wild. For a transmuter Outlander applicant, giving up all buying and bartering with mobs was not a great sacrifice and I got along just as well as before after doing that.

The only real wrongings of Atohner before applying were travelling with enemies of Outlander, buying food and practicing in guild.

>Keep trucking. We need more new players like you.
>

Thanks. I won't return to Outlander immediately, but it's still on the to do list.

Atohner

Lycand (Guest)Thu 07-Apr-05 02:38 PM

#36889, "RE: (Deleted)[OUTLANDER APPLICANT] Atohner the Hedge Wi..."
In response to Reply #0

I liked what I saw. Thanks for help during attacks on SPire. Your chars keep improvin.

Atohner (Guest)Thu 07-Apr-05 03:41 PM

#36898, "Can't remember Lycand well."
In response to Reply #8

>I liked what I saw. Thanks for help during attacks on SPire.
> Your chars keep improvin.

Maybe you were in form or something, as I only recall minimal interaction with you. And what comes to Atohner, I was comfortable with sphere Reason. I knew this when I chose the sphere, mainly to enjoy RPing it. I'm glad you liked it. And what comes to PK, Atohner was a factor when gangs were involved. Alone, he wasn't that dangerous.

Rasha (Guest)Thu 07-Apr-05 12:25 PM

#36883, "RE: (Deleted)[OUTLANDER APPLICANT] Atohner the Hedge Wi..."
In response to Reply #0

Thanks for helping me rank so much. It was a little slow at the beginning but got much better toward the end. Had fun interacting with you, but I haven't been around much lately. Sorry to see you're gone. See you in the fields

DurNominatorThu 07-Apr-05 01:06 PM
2018 posts
#36885, "Rasha!"
In response to Reply #4

We all were ranking there, so it wasn't much of a help. more like normal ranking together. You two took all the blows and I made you tank better, as transmuters do. I perfected neurological disruption and pugil on the trips to that particular area. It wasn't really slow in the beginning(meaning after we found our way there), as there was the wait between the mob repops which dictated our ranking time frame since we were unable to wait outside the area for a repop.

Your help in regearing was also appreciated, as transmuters are bad at fighting mobs alone. We got me a nice hero regear set of +hp gear that time. Rasha was a warm personality and I liked travelling with her.

Atohner

Rasha (Guest)Thu 07-Apr-05 01:58 PM

#36887, "RE: Rasha!"
In response to Reply #5

No problem helping you regear. Gave me something to do and I enjoyed the company. Liked Atohner.

Rasha

Viviarong (Guest)Thu 07-Apr-05 08:25 AM

#36871, "RE: (Deleted)[OUTLANDER APPLICANT] Atohner the Hedge Wi..."
In response to Reply #0

Damn... I was actually planning to help you to get imm interaction and maby lead to induction, but my time is scarse at the moment... Everyone wants releases and what not at work so I am bombed with work atm.

About the tree, I can't really say that much, it has grown out of porportions and if I get time to finish what I started I hope you will not have to ask

I was hoping to get more time to interact with you as time went on since I liked Atohner. You allways, I mean every time caught me in a moment where something was in the planning or going on And our interactions severely was crippled by this... Well anyhow you got some action that way

I hope you will try again. But this time try get in earlier You get allmost hell on earth when trying to get hero induction... Its hard enough to get in at midrank...

Yes I know I've been around for a looong time... And I hope I will be able to be around for a looong time more ...

The glauruk stuff comes from Tjok, I just loved the picture it gives of an alternate community and gives a good platform for the rest of the interview stuff that comes.

I hope you liked when I gave you lessons in how the world worked and the way I tried to get you to find your own view + desissions in the process.

Pop me an email if you want viviarong@hotmail.com

DurNominatorThu 07-Apr-05 02:14 PM
2018 posts
#36888, "RE: (Deleted)[OUTLANDER APPLICANT] Atohner the Hedge Wi..."
In response to Reply #3

>Damn... I was actually planning to help you to get imm
>interaction and maby lead to induction, but my time is scarse
>at the moment... Everyone wants releases and what not at work
>so I am bombed with work atm.
>
>About the tree, I can't really say that much, it has grown out
>of porportions and if I get time to finish what I started I
>hope you will not have to ask

The tree was a fine part of Fungor's old geezer RP, and mainly, I initiated the RP on the subject to cheer up the day of a lowbie druid. And to get Fungor a tree to take his place in Thera. ;D

>I was hoping to get more time to interact with you as time
>went on since I liked Atohner. You allways, I mean every time
>caught me in a moment where something was in the planning or
>going on And our interactions severely was crippled by
>this... Well anyhow you got some action that way

I tried to recreate some of the mindset I had as Fungor with Atohner. I think that my RP would have improved towards more relaxed direction as an actual Outlander, since there would have been less 'I've understood it' to prove. It would have meant Atohner questioning everything on CB. ;D

>I hope you will try again. But this time try get in earlier
>You get allmost hell on earth when trying to get hero
>induction... Its hard enough to get in at midrank...

I liked the deep RP of the Cabal. It's the hard-coded obstacle of wilderness hours that made it so hard to get in. Aesrira made the interviews actually easy as she was willing to spend a lot of time with the applicant. The hardest part was trying to initiate the conversation with her as she was a shifter with chameleon. Though Aesrira didn't make that too hard either. It totalled several hours RL, which means that I had plenty of opportunities to get it right.

We would have spoken more about those Glauruks, as there was still some disagreement between some of the notions of Viviarong and Atohner, had I met you IC.

>Yes I know I've been around for a looong time... And I hope I
>will be able to be around for a looong time more ...
>
>The glauruk stuff comes from Tjok, I just loved the picture it
>gives of an alternate community and gives a good platform for
>the rest of the interview stuff that comes.
>
>I hope you liked when I gave you lessons in how the world
>worked and the way I tried to get you to find your own view +
>desissions in the process.

Atohner(sphere Reason) never accepted a claim he found unreasonable. Any such claims led to a counter-argument. e.g. I found many of Jekte's explaining examples inconsistent due to the way they were presented, and Atohner wasn't afraid to say so. Or maybe sometimes he was. He sure did forgive Aesrira more inconsistencies in explanations than any other Outlander in order to get inducted.

You got some forgiving nodding off concerning the glauruks as well, as Atohner kinda gave up on the subject or we ran out of time or something. Or maybe I did some further research concerning the glauruks. I can't remember, but the interaction is logged and I'm thinking about putting the logs on Dio's log board, if you don't mind.

>Pop me an email if you want viviarong@hotmail.com
>

Atohner

Viviarong (Guest)Fri 08-Apr-05 02:46 AM

#36920, "Conserning interview logs."
In response to Reply #7

I would like you to wait until I'm gone before posting the interview logs. I would like my subjects to get the same feeling as you and let them work for it to get my appreciation.

If you post the logs (which I think was pretty poor show of me anyhow because we allways chatted, ether during a build up of raid/retireval or during one) people will see what I look for and be prepared so the interaction gets short. I like to get some interaction time to see how the character is in dept. Hence some of the long interviews we had.

DurNominatorFri 08-Apr-05 04:22 PM
2018 posts
#36941, "Okay. I won't post them then. nt"
In response to Reply #10

nt

TheerklaThu 07-Apr-05 06:44 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#36868, "Here's the problem"
In response to Reply #0

It is possible (even if in your case not intentional) to come up with an absolutely fantastic role that despite being well-written, incredibly thought out, and followed to a tee, is in fact subtly geared towards making life during early ranks easier. A character that can rank up to 50 with anyone and everyone and then undergo a transformation that brings them towards the outlander cabal is a perfect example of that. It isn't a flawed role, and it isn't a bad one, it is, however, suspect.

Since the player behind the character writes the role, as an imm, I'm sure it can't be easy to determine the sincerity &/or motivation behind life altering events. As a cabal leader that doesn't get to snoop or read your role, it can be downright impossible.

Although not necessary, induction into a cabal that requires sacrifice is generally going to be easier if your character has undergone those sacrifices pre-induction.

DurNominatorThu 07-Apr-05 07:03 AM
2018 posts
#36869, "My case."
In response to Reply #1

I spent about ten hours or so discussing Outlanders to get in(the hours of wait are not included to this figure). That was fun, so there's no problem with it. Finally, Aesrira agreed to induct me, but the attempt failed due to the fact that I didn't have enough wilderness hours. I didn't have a written role, but Aesrira and I talked for long during that interview, so she got a pretty good grasp about Atohner during the process.

So, I was trying to accumulate wilderness hours, and got bored, especially when a whole lot of Outlanders deleted and I didn't see any of them that I'd known. Sitting alone in the forest can be dull at times and my logins were getting more scarce and shorter over time. Also, I was getting bored of playing a transmuter and thus, deleted. Getting into the Cabal would have alleviated this, but I'd still had been the transmuter.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #36864 Previous topic | Next topic