Subject: "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Xuvion the Champion of Arms, Imperia..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #36660
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 03-Apr-05 12:56 AM
Member since 20th Sep 2024
17170 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#36660, "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Xuvion the Champion of Arms, Imperial Blade"

Sat Apr 2 23:57:26 2005

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 29th of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Xuvion perished, never to return.

Race:dark-elf
Class:warrior
Level:45
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:71

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Xuvion the Champion of Arms, Imp..., Karel, 03-Apr-05 01:13 AM, #1
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Xuvion the Champion of Arms, Imp..., Lycand (Guest), 03-Apr-05 01:49 AM, #2
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Xuvion the Champion of Arms, Imp..., Karel, 03-Apr-05 02:13 AM, #3
     Reply I feel your pain., Nimelerion (Guest), 03-Apr-05 05:53 AM, #4
     Reply RE: I feel your pain., Karel, 03-Apr-05 10:17 AM, #7
          Reply *rofl*, Nimelerion (Guest), 04-Apr-05 04:11 AM, #14
     Reply Respect, Asfas (Guest), 03-Apr-05 07:33 AM, #5
     Reply RE: Respect, Karel, 03-Apr-05 10:12 AM, #6
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Xuvion the Champion of Arms, Imp..., Tanera (Guest), 03-Apr-05 02:02 PM, #8
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Xuvion the Champion of Arms, Imp..., Karel, 03-Apr-05 03:01 PM, #11
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Xuvion the Champion of Arms, Imp..., Judaao Britala (Guest), 03-Apr-05 02:23 PM, #9
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Xuvion the Champion of Arms, Imp..., Karel, 03-Apr-05 02:57 PM, #10
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Xuvion the Champion of Arms, Imp..., Vershelt (Guest), 03-Apr-05 03:23 PM, #12
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Xuvion the Champion of Arms, Imp..., Karel, 03-Apr-05 06:49 PM, #13
     Reply Dark-elves are cool and should be improved!, Ghrulkar (Guest), 05-Apr-05 05:45 AM, #15

KarelSun 03-Apr-05 01:13 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
569 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#36662, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Xuvion the Champion of Arms, Imp..."
In response to Reply #0

I don't know what my fascination with non-mage dark-elves is but I should really stop. In the last few days alone I got my ass stomped enough to waste 5 con or so. It wears thin. As Nep would say, "You have to pick your fights." Unfortunately the downsides of a d-elf doesn't match-up with my playstyle. I don't want to be the "trip guy" in a gank squad. I don't want to hide whenever any opposition is around. Just not me. Any DB took away half my hp (no, this is not a gripe about deathblow, I think battle is fine overall although I did like the old school balls to the wall never run type better, but who wants to con die at level 35 these days?). I hate gathering preps and I picked a race that has a major vuln and crap for hp. Whoops. I still stand by my opinion that d-elves have potential, but it's dawning on me that you have to want to be crafty and spend a bit of time in preperation. I don't. So no more d-elves for awhile.

No specific goodbyes, but one general one. What the hell is up with Empire lately? When did it turn into a religious cult? Getting the third degree because I didn't start and end my playtime with praising Khaso just made me want to kick something. Gratz to the divine sect for the zeal thing, but really, #### off and get off my back. I'd hate to be Khaso, all the lipservice and unable to junkkick anyone without breaking role. Thus endeth my tirade. Be back soon.

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix

Lycand (Guest)Sun 03-Apr-05 01:49 AM

#36666, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Xuvion the Champion of Arms, Imp..."
In response to Reply #1

You had to play during the worst possible times for a lone Imperial. Couldnt really justify (role wise) letting you be, but I did feel you stuck it out when your other guildmates log off en mass.

Now a drow invoker in your hands would be deadly....

KarelSun 03-Apr-05 02:13 AM
569 posts
#36667, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Xuvion the Champion of Arms, Imp..."
In response to Reply #2

Invokers are my forte' ;} If I'm not screwing up who you were, those falcon attacks sucked hind tit (ram blew worse), but no hard feelings. I really do hate those air/offense combos. I did try to stick it out. The only times I quit was when I was bored senseless or just died 3-4 times in a row and needed to quit before going stupid.

Nimelerion (Guest)Sun 03-Apr-05 05:53 AM

#36671, "I feel your pain."
In response to Reply #1

Just thought I'd drop a line. That last time I saw you was funny (After the fact) I went in with three folks. suddenly I was alone and for some reason couldn't flee inners. stunned looking at a screen..
Go back knowing there is nothing I can do. one of the others came back and opens it. you gain form. I hit inside trying to A)grab things in passing and come to help knowing I was too beat up.
hehe dies again, got nothing. classic. Was so pissed (at myself)
had to go. or I might have stuck around. We were probably a good match one on one. Different playing times... mine was when much more of empire was on usually. Or we might have had fun with the whole mithril vs iron thing. Wish it could have been.

Good luck with the next.

KarelSun 03-Apr-05 10:17 AM
569 posts
#36674, "RE: I feel your pain."
In response to Reply #4

I remember it. I was waiting to unghost and as soon as I do I notice you're one now so I hit the ranger. Which was one of those times I realized I was pathetic because a ranger five levels lower than me ripped into my ass pretty good. I flee and run to the inners and see the tail end of you getting the pummeling. I would have let your corpse decay but since you quit I figured what the hell, you're not going to get the eq anyways, might as well donate. One on one with you could have been interesting except for one thing, an impale pretty much would disable me, same with a boneshatter, so then I'd be getting my ass kicked by an elf and would never be able to show my face again ;}

Nimelerion (Guest)Mon 04-Apr-05 04:11 AM

#36696, "*rofl*"
In response to Reply #7

Okay okay, really though... If we had fought and I won one on one it wouldn't be that embarassing except with the perspective that I fall often. Seems the rest of my explanation is all role/sphere related.
So.... it can wait.

Asfas (Guest)Sun 03-Apr-05 07:33 AM

#36672, "Respect"
In response to Reply #1

Though Asfas despised you and considered a proud self-overconfident fool doll, that should be put on his place.. as a player I respected you and wondered if you will be able to stick to your reasons and not bow to our *oppression*. Good fighting over there, pity we hadnt much fights together, otherwise you would feel the pleasure of travelling with a healer and perhaps didnt delete that soon. Though with your disagreement on the praises, you wouldnt have my assistance that often as you could. Asfas had so many nice items for you as well, but would sooner donate it or give it away , then give to the one like Xuvion was. Good luck on your next. Hope it will be imperial *wink*.

KarelSun 03-Apr-05 10:12 AM
569 posts
#36673, "RE: Respect"
In response to Reply #5

I love empire healers, amazing what you can do with one at your side. I hate needing an empire healer to walk around. Like I said that one time, they weren't scared of me, the were scared of a healer having a warrior. No decisions on my next yet, except it is not going to be a d-elf. See ya.

Tanera (Guest)Sun 03-Apr-05 02:02 PM

#36679, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Xuvion the Champion of Arms, Imp..."
In response to Reply #1

Well...
I like the part where I could be lucky
and get to fight you alone...
We didnt fight much but I enjoyed it..

Ahh.. well.. the imperial hords are growing
hope to see you swing back in action soon

KarelSun 03-Apr-05 03:01 PM
569 posts
#36682, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Xuvion the Champion of Arms, Imp..."
In response to Reply #8

I think we fought five times, twice you died because there was someone with me, once you got an ambush and backrake and I made a run for it, once you beat on me at the vanquisher (man that hurts the pride), and the only real good fight on my part, you camoed in the brambles off eastern waiting I presume in a snare. I figured you were either fleeing because you wanted me to chase into a snare, or I wasn't crumpling fast enough. Anyways good job with beating on me ;}

Judaao Britala (Guest)Sun 03-Apr-05 02:23 PM

#36680, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Xuvion the Champion of Arms, Imp..."
In response to Reply #1

Hope you didnt delete over stomping your ass on eastern. You where just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Judaao hates Imperials because of there weakness. So your just a target as far as Judaao is concerned. Think this was the first encounter we ever had. And it didnt last long.

KarelSun 03-Apr-05 02:57 PM
569 posts
#36681, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Xuvion the Champion of Arms, Imp..."
In response to Reply #9

Not over that fight alone, no. Wasn't the first fight I'd gotten beat in, not even the first one with that particular thief doing the trip thing. Certainly wouldn't have been the last time. I just wasn't playing to my strengths on this one.

Vershelt (Guest)Sun 03-Apr-05 03:23 PM

#36683, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Xuvion the Champion of Arms, Imp..."
In response to Reply #1

When you sent me that tell "You are getting very sleepy...falling asleep..." to get me to log off last night, I laughed out loud at my computer.

Admired your willingness to fight, which I honored by making sure nobody took anything from your corpse when it was within my control. Damn non-village lowbie looters!

One thing to keep in mind though, you said in one of your replies here that you stopped because you weren't playing to your strength. That's the best way to make it become your strength. You had your tactics down with the whips, I think a bit of heroing (with all the double hp/level gains along the way) would have given you a much different outcome. You'd have had 200 more hp (maybe more depending on your legacy choice and gear) and no more level differences in fighting.

Sure, not much fun along the way - I did the bulk of my dying in the low 40s too - but if you can suck it up and work through it, it's definitely worth it.

All of which is to say: maybe give it another try. You'll get better and better at it, absolutely.

Good luck with your next.

KarelSun 03-Apr-05 06:49 PM
569 posts
#36686, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Xuvion the Champion of Arms, Imp..."
In response to Reply #12

Heh, the power of mind control =P

I could have stuck it out. I could have done better. When I say I wasn't playing to my strengths I meant that the way I play wouldn't make this character very successful in a PK sense, not that I couldn't make it successful. I don't grab preps unless they are literally right in front of me, and I hate having to pick and choose my fights. I'd rather run in and get my teeth kicked in than play it safe. Pretty much the fights between the two of us. Add to that warriors tend to lose their appeal to me very quickly and I'm content I bowed out when I did. A dose of stomping is good for you, teaches you humility... or something like that.

I tried being crafty with you once, when I was trying to get the codex back. Hit the giant, run when you showed and try to run you in a circle so I could hit and run again. Then I said to hell with this, I'm going to go choke him. Then when I did I was thinking the smart thing would do is go finish of the writhing giant and get the hell out of there. But trying to kill you was more fun. Which resulted in a very ugly beating. If I had known your other spec I think I would have left you with the weapon you were wielding =P

Ghrulkar (Guest)Tue 05-Apr-05 05:45 AM

#36730, "Dark-elves are cool and should be improved!"
In response to Reply #1

Your char reminded me of Lorenthos when I first started playing CF
He was so kick ass, mace/sword I think. Whips were a good choice but kinda made you vuln too. I have to admit I never really wanted to fight you, partly because I respected the Dark-elf in you, props to anyone who plays one, and because I felt sick when you died, it just didn't seem right, you know? How come drow elf warriors get beat down so hard? I think they should at least get 18 con or something, but all that aside you we're a respectful player too, which counts for alot in my book. Assholes make me wanna do things like kill them for "no reason" and empire is a click.

nice one,

Ghrulkar

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #36660 Previous topic | Next topic