Subject: "(DEL) <BATTLE> Hralleth the Thief Hero" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #3648
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 13-Nov-01 09:50 PM
Member since 27th Apr 2024
16814 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3648, "(DEL) Hralleth the Thief Hero"

Tue Nov 13 21:49:10 2001

10 o''clock PM, Day of Thunder, 3rd of the Month of the Sun on the Theran calendar Hralleth perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:thief
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:232
PK Ratio:56% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DEL) <BATTLE> Hralleth the Thief Hero, Ethoremond (Guest) (Guest), 23-Nov-01 01:47 AM, #9
Reply Well Ugh., Goapa (Guest) (Guest), 14-Nov-01 04:33 PM, #2
Reply RE: Well Ugh., Hralleth (Guest) (Guest), 14-Nov-01 06:53 PM, #3
     Reply Peeps always fergettin me, Kolun (Guest) (Guest), 14-Nov-01 11:18 PM, #4
     Reply Thanks., Loborguz (Guest) (Guest), 15-Nov-01 12:56 AM, #5
     Reply RE: Thanks., Hralleth (Guest) (Guest), 15-Nov-01 06:05 AM, #6
          Reply RE: Thanks., AnImEfAhN (Guest), 16-Nov-01 12:33 PM, #8
     Reply RE: Well Ugh., Zyi, 15-Nov-01 09:58 AM, #7
Reply well..., Sehv (Guest) (Guest), 14-Nov-01 03:39 PM, #1

Ethoremond (Guest) (Guest)Fri 23-Nov-01 01:47 AM

#3649, "RE: (DEL) <BATTLE> Hralleth the Thief Hero"
In response to Reply #0

Was fun to spar you at the Inn, I could never get away from your trips, It was really pissing me off..heh....But when you didnt use your trips, I did good against you...I could acually switch weapons. Was also fun to watch you steal the potions I had in my invetory and sac them...See you in the fiends.

Gnome with a pointy sword!

Goapa (Guest) (Guest)Wed 14-Nov-01 04:33 PM

#3650, "Well Ugh."
In response to Reply #0

There a reason behind this or just sheer boredom, too many rager symdrome? heh. You were a kin thief of the avian persuasion. Always enjoyed your company and the three thief cheap shot ranking. I loved it, the cheap shot ranking looked like small flurries, three every two rounds. Heh. Good luck. It is really strange to outlive people who were inducted, ranked to hero, and died all while I was in the village. Just reminds me how old I'm getting eh?

EH!
go
a
pa

Hralleth (Guest) (Guest)Wed 14-Nov-01 06:53 PM

#3651, "RE: Well Ugh."
In response to Reply #2

The time is right for me to die,
The time is right to say goodnight.
And on the morrow I shan't wake,
But yet another journey take...

I did enjoy playing the character a fair bit, but when I logged on a few days in a row to find 8+ Battle Heroes in Thera and not a mage in sight, the enthusiasm which I had diminished severely.

I've been kicking around awhile, but I'd never played a 'Rager; the mystique of being persecuted (and the reverse), being the underdog, just barely escaping things was quite appealing. With the new strength the Cabal has shown, it's obviously not going to be the case for awhile.

When I found myself sitting in the Inn dueling with non-caballed warriors, it was somewhat clear that it was time to be finished.

I may as well make this more general than a reply to your specific message, so...

To the 'Ragers in general:
Generally speaking, I enjoyed the company of (almost) all of you. Mixed levels of skill, mixed types of characters, but almost all were interesting to deal with. Often, 'Ragers seem to get a bum wrap as non-roleplaying, PK'ing machines. It's been the case, at times. But generally, I saw a consistently high presence of roleplaying within the Cabal, and because of it, it was a good experience. Oh, and I liked killing.

As far as the debate of 'Ragers being over or underpowered -- they're really just fine. Even when well-equipped, I could certainly be beaten by some non-caballed warriors and such, and if you managed to sleep me, I could be had. I'm no monster PK'er -- never have been, never will be. But it's clear that if you do things the RIGHT way, you'll beat a 'Rager; you just have to be intelligent about it, and most aren't willing to be. Having access to magic while they don't is a TREMENDOUS advantage, that only too few exploit. So, without further delay ..

To the 'Ragers in specific:

Thror: I'd have liked to deal with you a bit more on an individual basis, but I tremendously enjoyed what you did when interacting with the Cabal as a whole. It's amazing that you can be such a hardass, but still so enjoyable.

Goapa: I definetly picked up a few things from you, and enjoyed it a lot. You showed an interesting depth of character as issues sprang up over time; I was hoping to show that there can be a depth of character without having a characteristic speech style, but, as with yourself, it certainly draws attention to that. So well done, on all fronts.

Loborguz: I honestly think you did a damned good job with the village, Wolverine-or-no-Wolverine; even if you DID directly take the character concept from that -- and because of some other characteristics I saw on a consistent basis from you, I don't think you did -- who really cares? Most of those who would criticize you don't do half of what you did in terms of developing a "character."

Sehvoor: I liked you. Hralleth didn't. Don't take it personally. I wasn't sure where you were going, character-wise, but there is definetly something under there. Hopefully it comes out more fully in the next while.

Uglier: Thanks for livening things up at times. I enjoyed it, though we didn't actually hunt together, really.

Manarei: You were the perfect assassin. I loved watching you work, as opposed to the many warriors-with-kicks. Keep it up.

Samar: You've got a GREAT start to a character. Dammit, stick with it! Too many promising ones fade away.

Everyone else: Enjoy the period where you're kings of the hill. And don't forget to develop those characters, hmm?

The others...

Scions:
You were the ones I principally fought, and I enjoyed it. Iillien, you were a good opposition, as were Halisstra and Brotmin. Hopefully some of the hordes become as interesting when they pass 30th level.

Warlocks:
If you would stop whining about 'Ragers paying more attention to you than Scions, you'd be more interesting. And if you'd stop sleeping on the Open Sea, you'd be harder to kill ...

Nexus:
Is there anyone there? Didn't think so.

Tribunal:
Kooble, I definetly enjoyed going after you. But an armadillo is truly a pain in the backside. Best regards.

Sylvan:
I didn't like fighting you. So I didn't go after you, except when needed, and so didn't have much interaction with you.

Everyone else.. Kaada, I feared you as being very opportunistic. Strohm, you were a pain in the behind. Serramanna, you were entertaining, but I wish you'd stayed to fight at least once or twice. Ralgor -- persevere! Figluff, don't sleep on the Open Sea with no protectives. Janroth, don't tap your cheek *before* a second attempt at teleporting; though it was perhaps the single most humourous thing I saw.

I've missed a bunch, but I'm not really trying to get everyone in. I'm a jerk like that. But if I enjoyed your character -- and I did, in many cases -- then kudos and best wishes to you.

-Hralleth.

Kolun (Guest) (Guest)Wed 14-Nov-01 11:18 PM

#3656, "Peeps always fergettin me"
In response to Reply #3

Bah, sad ta see you go. Man 2 scouts and a defender ranking in Aridhol, we beat some ass, moved along nicely. Have fun with your next incarnation. And Goapa you think your old I am right up there with you.

Loborguz (Guest) (Guest)Thu 15-Nov-01 12:56 AM

#3653, "Thanks."
In response to Reply #3

Thank you for your words, you saw Loborguz from a relatively early point on and so you have a basis to judge, and comment. It is much appreciated since you are correct that I work pretty hard to roleplay and do my job.

As for you, I always felt a little sad for you. You weren't the sad clown and attention whore ( ) that Goapa is, and you weren't the relatively ruthless killer that Kolun seemed to be, and so I worried that you might feel you were falling in the cracks among the village thieves.

But of course you weren't, and I tried to talk to you, and confide in you, and put some responsibility on you, exactly to counteract that perception I feared you had. I hope you understood the trust I shared with you, and that you enjoyed the times and interactions.

Good luck in the future.

Hralleth (Guest) (Guest)Thu 15-Nov-01 06:05 AM

#3654, "RE: Thanks."
In response to Reply #5

Hey, no need to worry about me there, at all. Hralleth had his own sets of ambitions, and most of them were met by the time I he went on. To him, his standing within the village was insignificant so long as he WAS in the village.

I don't think to roleplay a character that s/he has to be at at an extreme -- be that ruthless killer, or attention whore -- and I hope I had some success in doing that.

Regards,
H.

AnImEfAhN (Guest)Fri 16-Nov-01 12:33 PM

#3655, "RE: Thanks."
In response to Reply #6

>attention whore

Yeh, Yirri didn't like you either. :-Þ

It was fun trying to hunt Hralleth's evil ass down when he was young, but eventually he advanced beyond her, and as stated some time ago, Xranchra, a random shaman got her instead of her faveorite enemies. Would have been more fun if it was one of the many duergar warriors or you or one of the necromancers.

Hope to see you another time, beyond Hralleth's belief that she was turning from something communal and important (which is a load of crap for some evils, they don't care who they kill) I didn't get to interact beyond her death. Kudos on your character, good luck with the next.

ZyiThu 15-Nov-01 09:58 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
0 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3652, "RE: Well Ugh."
In response to Reply #3

You likely do not remember myself. We travelled together with yet another thief --myself: a drow warrior named Alwine. It was short but it was the most efficient way I have ever moved thru those early ranks. Amazing what competence will do for you

Sehv (Guest) (Guest)Wed 14-Nov-01 03:39 PM

#3657, "well..."
In response to Reply #0

Wonder why you deleted...I really didn't have you pegged for one who would delete soon.

Sehv got the feeling that Hral didn't like him much, but that didn't change Sehv's respect for the skills that Hral showed.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #3648 Previous topic | Next topic