Subject: "[RAGE DELETE] Tuggluk Stonecutter the Legend of the Bat..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #36350
Show all folders

Undead_Irish (Guest)Mon 28-Mar-05 12:45 AM

#36350, "[RAGE DELETE] Tuggluk Stonecutter the Legend of the Battlefield"

Hrm, I don't really know where to begin this. I imagine I will forget many along my way of goodbyes, so do speak up. But regardless, this was my second rager and first character to level 51.

Tuggluk was my first attempt at a berserker. He was meant to be a jovial dwarf, who slowly, with the help of Ordasen, became bloodthristy. I made a point to greet immortals whenever they were visible, as a sign of rager respect. I most likely annoyed them however, when I thought about it, but Tuggluk was too stupid to see otherwise. Although I think I did well, I often think too high of myself, so other opinions are highly welcomed.

Anyway, Axe is always a good spec, and this was my first time with mace. Together they make one hell of a combo.

As for legacies, I took Fist of the Titan, and Incarnadine Wave. Although Fist of the Titan is nice, I found it amusing how much the RNG screwed me. On fights where I didn't care of Fist worked, it always did. But when I was getting ganged, it always failed, making laugh as I sat at the keyboard ready to head back to my corpse.

Now that I can officially speak out of character, I feel kinda sorry about killing some mages as often as I did. I tried to make a point not to kill people more than once per sign on. Multikilling is for the bastards that should either deal with their personal issues, or venture to another MUD. I'm sorry for the amount of con I had to take, because i know how frustrating it can be to encounter a rager in younger years - they are extemely powerful, especially one with pincer and deathblow. Alone those two do most of the work.

So where did the breaking point begin? I think a week after the Rites ended. Cumulating with this past weekend, I died I think seven times in two days, four of those deaths defending the Village. But that's not what really bothered me. Lately I have desired to go and try someting else other than a Battlerager, even though I know I will always come back. To put it simply, barbaric ideals and warriors are my finesse of all games, so it reflects itself in this one. So I will spend a few characters outside of Ragers, to return shortly after I imagine.

But anyway, I am going to make an arguement that many people will hate. And that is for some sort of looking at the Ragers powers, and things like that. Short of being a giant-flurry, which no offensive to those who play that, it is hard to be deathful. At hero levels, 90% of the people are competant, and understand that prepping compensates for player skill. Any person properly prepared will have a hard time losing, other than being gangged into an oblivion. Ragers get resist and spellbane, as a general power. I agree with both. But in some way resist should compare to level, if it doesn't already. It seems to be a bit too powerful at lower levels, and a bit too underpowered at high levels, where high damage is almost guarenteed with an ok set. Regardless, as for deathblow, I have mixed opinions. I agree that this should exist, but perhaps lessen the damage and up the frequency. Although seeing consistent UNSPEAKS is splendid, that damage I see as sacred, and not something to get used to, like I was. I would like to see it prog more often, if not be harder to parry, since it is a deadly blow, but for less damage. Overpowered is not the word to use for it, because it really isnt.

But I have ventured from the true meaning of goodbye posts, talking of the character and those they met. Tuggluk was sphere Courage, and I tried to show courage whereever I could, even if sometimes it was stupidity. He followed Ordasen, and loved the Great Bear. He enjoyed all the brethren around him, and his enemies. There has been no respect recently amongst gamers, with the incessent need to put another down. So in an effort to change this, Tuggluk was friendly, laughing whether he was victorious or defeated. But this was one of my breaking points. Not many people ball up and fight four people at once. But the more people there are, the more a chance there is of a full loot. And we all hate that feeling, especially those that are gear dependant. And I agree, it should be used as role reasons, it weakens morale and things like that. But when people do that just to spite you, is it really that much fun? But he was friendly to all, because short of roleplaying an ogre or an asshole, I don't see why manners cannot be used. So I hope all got to see the happy, jovial dwarf that was Tuggluk.

I imagine it is time for Goodbyes. These come in no particular order, but just as I can remember. Thank you all, you made Tuggluk an awesome memory.

IMMORTALS

To Ordasen- Thank you. There are not enough words in the english language to show you my gratitude for what you did. You were willing to take someone who had a horrible pk stat at the beginning and support him as he grew. After Karashin, there was a need in me to have immortals interaction. You provided it perfectly. Although I did not see you much near the end of my life, I knew you were most likely there. I know at one point you had mentioned a reward for my showing in the Rites. Give it to someone more deserving, because I was turning into one crappy warrior.

To all the divines- Thank you so much. You made Tuggluk splendid as well. You all could have easily shrugged me off, or just told me to no longer greet you, but you all were willing to put up with the goof that was Tuggluk. Well, as the player, I thank you greatly.

BATTLE

Holy crap, where to begin.

Gerylanst- Ah, mah Commander der. Seriously, you got my vote as Commander for a good reason. You are a veteran of this game, and it shows. Some of my best memories were signing on and venturing the realms, searching for equipment. You were great fun to roleplay with. Keep it up, you are one hell of a player.

Vershelt- By no means take offense to my comment above. It was an extremely hard decision. But I think it to be harder to take a bard and do well than to take a giant sword spec and do well. But regardless, you do awesome as well. You deserve Drillmaster, and you roleplay Vershelt nicely. Dwarfman loved you greatly.

Kjelror- You were fun. Always having a Har ready for anyone that signed on. I know you were a little bit dissapointed at not getting some sort of leadership, but I imagine it has to do with area knowledge. Learn some of the high level equipment areas, it will help greatly! Don't let everyone lead you around, explore on your own. Well done.

Draxidar- Saw you a few times, and liked what I saw. Good luck with your future endevors

Ghrulkar- Didn't get to see much of you due to that extended abscence, but when I did see you, you did just fine. Keep up the good work.

I know I forgot a lot of you, so speak up. I'm just kinda tired at the moment.

FORTRESS

I don't know if it was because I was a dwarf, but you were all very nice to Tuggluk. And I know he was grateful for it.

Zak- I can't spell the rest of your name. But anyway, enjoyed our duels, too bad I never got to gut you Keep up the good work. And i'll see you in fields soon enough.

Azi- I never understood those tomes. But anything given to Tuggluk that was magical was sent to the gods immediately. So he was confused, yet thankful he was riding Thera of magick.

Cyth- Awesome elf healer. Enjoyed our time together, thanks for the good times.

Martainn- Learn to hide more! I could always see you, and I was like...be more sneaky! But anyway, the updates were extremely welcomed, and you did a great job. Keep doing it.

Halhaer- Ah the lovely ranking bard who became Tuggluk's friend oh so quickly. At one point I contemplated roleplaying Tuggluk to having an infactuation with you, and add a romantic side to a dwarven barbarian. But I broke before that. Oh well. Keep singing!

I'm sure I forgot some here as well. You know what. I forgot some everywhere. So just expect it. Heh.

SCIONS

Mixed emotions. I have no respect for people who won't fight alone, yet I know it's hard to take a rager one without extensive prepping or more than one person. But seriously, short of raiding, learn to do your own thing. Like Judaao or Karaw, who seemed to do that just fine.

Judaao- I remember killing you and getting that necklace from Ordasen. One of Tuggluk's highlights. It was fun to interact with you and it seemed you knew what you were doing. Good luck, I see nice things in your future.

Karaw- Never really got to interact with you. But you were a competant invoker. Too bad you don't really show without scions friends around. But that is the scions rep, so I imagine its fine.

Anubris- Savor those soul charges! That is all you will get from Tuggluk. Heh, seriously, good luck in the future, a-ps are hard.

Ounlee- At least someone was there when I went goodbye. Keep those gauntlets as a momento of the fallen dwarf, whose spirit you help break. You pissed me off so much to stand there and do nothing but trip spam. Cheapshot is hell. But that is the way of the thief, so I imagine you do it perfectly. Keep it up Copperbottom. I can't wait to use flying potions again.

TRIBUNAL

Hrm, nothing really seems to stand out hear. Mostly because I am tired. But to all the chaos I caused, get over it. Any cabal that has a full loot command needs a serious revamp. Order all get all corpse is complete b.s. OH! Noooowww I remember!

Brumbalin- You have some of the best roleplay I have ever seen. And the IMMs see it was well. Keep up the great work, you honest dwarf. A splendid character that is still young.

EMPIRE

Tirnath- I don't know why you felt guilty about looting me. I, nor Tuggluk, really minded, because when I die, I expect Empire to full loot me. You guys are evil bastards like that. The thing that pissed me off is how willing you were to grab others to make sure you didn't come close to dying. Learn to fight on your own! But you did well, good job.

The Emperor- Yeah, you do well, because I can tell you know your crap. Then again, with all the cabal powers you harvest, it doesn't take tooooo much effort. But I know you put in that required effort, because you do so well. Keep up the good work.

High Priestess- Had fun and enjoyed our talks. Get to level 51 already, you've been close for quite some time. Good luck!

Nobody else comes to mind, but speak up if needed.

UNCABALLED

Grixlin- You were the perfect example of things that made me break. It brought me joy in the young days to kill you. It helped me roleplay and I never really took anything, so all it was to you was a few moments of not being able to be pked. But because of my interactions and killing you while you were young, you teleported away from me whenever I was on the where command. That pissed Tuggluk and myself of incredibly, because that is the height of Cowardice. You are an invoker, one the beastly classes at 51. Learn to use it, it will come in handy.

Zolyra- Another mage to suffer quite a few deaths. You seem knew to game, so keep going. You may not know it, but you have been blessed with some SPLENDID forms. Learn to use them and become deathful.

Well, I think that does it for goodbyes. Like I said, I am exhausted now. So speak up if I forgot.

This deletion was combination of frustration with the game and frustration in my life. I won't go into detail, but some information was recently given to me that was devastating to my spirit, and I need some time to make some major life choices. And I cannot do that when I sign on to MUD, my release from reality, only to have my spirit crushed further. When a character has gained a rep for being tough, it adds some fun. When that rep turns into people that will either duel you and flee or fight you in large numbers or highly prepped, its annoying.

I guess next time I need to slide under the radar, killing without drawing attention. And I need to take a break from ragers. The combination of knowledge I got from my last two characters, I think I can do well as something else. We will see, now won't we?

Tuggluk Stonecutter, signing out.
Undead_Irish, changing identies.

The recently departed: Tuggluk, Karashin, Zukir.

Good luck in the fields everyone, and have some fargin' fun!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply seems I was forgotten, Grarruk (Guest), 29-Mar-05 06:13 PM, #53
Reply Bah, foolish me., Undead_Irish (Guest), 29-Mar-05 08:46 PM, #54
Reply Always liked Tugg. -nt, Nimelerion (Guest), 29-Mar-05 05:17 AM, #49
Reply No reply for me?? =(, Tolchec (Guest), 29-Mar-05 04:19 AM, #48
Reply Well of course!, Undead_Irish (Guest), 29-Mar-05 10:47 AM, #52
Reply Lousy forgetful dwarves!, Reggie (Guest), 28-Mar-05 11:37 PM, #45
Reply Yeah, I forgot all Outlanders..., Undead_Irish (Guest), 29-Mar-05 12:26 AM, #46
Reply Good Job, Draxidar (Guest), 29-Mar-05 04:08 AM, #47
Reply Forgot me!, The Dread Lord (Guest), 28-Mar-05 09:03 PM, #44
Reply Well done., Zakarius (Guest), 28-Mar-05 08:48 PM, #42
Reply Har!, Undead_Irish (Guest), 28-Mar-05 08:57 PM, #43
Reply RE: [RAGE DELETE] Tuggluk Stonecutter the Legend of the..., Lycandraev (Guest), 28-Mar-05 07:53 PM, #37
Reply Heh., Undead_Irish (Guest), 28-Mar-05 08:05 PM, #40
Reply Well Tugg..., Grixlin (Guest), 28-Mar-05 07:41 PM, #36
Reply Oh, well..., Undead_Irish (Guest), 28-Mar-05 08:02 PM, #39
Reply Man, the few times we fought you leveled me. n/t, Calrohir (Guest), 28-Mar-05 07:37 PM, #35
Reply Yeah.., Undead_Irish (Guest), 28-Mar-05 07:58 PM, #38
Reply Aww, heck., Lyristeon, 28-Mar-05 05:20 PM, #32
Reply Bah., Undead_Irish (Guest), 28-Mar-05 07:36 PM, #34
Reply Take oath, Nabburak (Guest), 28-Mar-05 05:13 PM, #31
Reply Bah!, Vershelt (Guest), 28-Mar-05 05:58 PM, #33
Reply To be more in depth..., Undead_Irish (Guest), 28-Mar-05 08:07 PM, #41
     Reply charges, Tirnath (Guest), 29-Mar-05 10:11 AM, #51
Reply Miss ya man, Kjelror (Guest), 28-Mar-05 02:29 PM, #29
Reply Heh., Undead_Irish (Guest), 28-Mar-05 02:37 PM, #30
Reply Har! Bloody! n/t, Brumbalin (Guest), 28-Mar-05 02:29 PM, #28
Reply RE: [RAGE DELETE] Tuggluk Stonecutter the Legend of the..., Vershelt (Guest), 28-Mar-05 01:42 PM, #26
Reply Heh, about Dern..., Undead_Irish (Guest), 28-Mar-05 02:08 PM, #27
Reply RE: [RAGE DELETE] Tuggluk Stonecutter the Legend of the..., Giantman, 28-Mar-05 12:38 PM, #22
Reply Oh! That reminds me!, Undead_Irish (Guest), 28-Mar-05 12:46 PM, #24
     Reply RE: Oh! That reminds me!, Giantman, 28-Mar-05 01:37 PM, #25
Reply Well played, Onirakoth, 28-Mar-05 12:34 PM, #21
Reply Oni!, Undead_Irish (Guest), 28-Mar-05 12:44 PM, #23
Reply No mention of any outlander!, Kallor (Guest), 28-Mar-05 10:51 AM, #19
Reply Awww damnit, Undead_Irish (Guest), 28-Mar-05 10:56 AM, #20
Reply RE: [RAGE DELETE] Tuggluk Stonecutter the Legend of the..., Cytherea (Guest), 28-Mar-05 10:22 AM, #16
Reply Heh., Undead_Irish (Guest), 28-Mar-05 10:32 AM, #18
Reply RE: [RAGE DELETE] Tuggluk Stonecutter the Legend of the..., Zolyra (Guest), 28-Mar-05 10:10 AM, #15
Reply All the better!, Undead_Irish (Guest), 28-Mar-05 10:30 AM, #17
Reply RE: [RAGE DELETE] Tuggluk Stonecutter the Legend of the..., Aarn, 28-Mar-05 09:33 AM, #7
Reply Ha!, Undead_Irish (Guest), 28-Mar-05 10:08 AM, #14
Reply YAR, ordasen, 28-Mar-05 09:31 AM, #6
Reply Great Bear!, Undead_Irish (Guest), 28-Mar-05 10:06 AM, #13
Reply Nicely played., nepenthe, 28-Mar-05 08:03 AM, #5
Reply Har!, Undead_Irish (Guest), 28-Mar-05 10:00 AM, #12
Reply Good luck, Zheairth (Guest), 28-Mar-05 06:57 AM, #4
Reply Well...., Tuggluk (Guest), 28-Mar-05 09:59 AM, #11
Reply RE: [RAGE DELETE] Tuggluk Stonecutter the Legend of the..., Judaao (Guest), 28-Mar-05 03:32 AM, #3
Reply Heh...., Undead_Irish (Guest), 28-Mar-05 09:56 AM, #10
Reply RE: [RAGE DELETE] Tuggluk Stonecutter the Legend of the..., Rom (Guest), 28-Mar-05 02:30 AM, #2
Reply You made a good point..., Tuggluk (Guest), 28-Mar-05 09:54 AM, #9
     Reply Per Ordasen's previous posts:, Rom (Guest), 29-Mar-05 06:50 AM, #50
Reply Oh dear!, Halhaer (Guest), 28-Mar-05 02:02 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Oh dear!, Undead_Irish (Guest), 28-Mar-05 09:52 AM, #8

Grarruk (Guest)Tue 29-Mar-05 06:13 PM

#36490, "seems I was forgotten"
In response to Reply #0

But I will throw in my 2 cents anyways. You were an interesting character, knew you were a dwarf without even having to check your race which is very impressive now a days where most people only rp their align and cabal. At the risk of sounding full of myself I would also put in that I think you were the only villager besides mnyself that truly role played a berserker, none of that tactics and patience bull that I would classify as playing a scout with bloodthirst, you were always up there in the middle of it never afraid to loose a set of gear just on principle, very well done man. Have fun with your next and keep it up.

Undead_Irish (Guest)Tue 29-Mar-05 08:46 PM

#36494, "Bah, foolish me."
In response to Reply #53

Me and my horrible memory. I was going through the Village in my head and you definetely should have been there. Anyway, I liked Grarruk. You were there at the beginning, and we always were generally close in lvl. And besides, gear is not essential. They only make you last longer or hit harder. Should I lose it, it can be regained. I know you're a good player, Aarn supports you and he is one great immortal. Keep up the good work, I have much fun left to give to the game. See you in the fields!!

Nimelerion (Guest)Tue 29-Mar-05 05:17 AM

#36458, "Always liked Tugg. -nt"
In response to Reply #0

nt

Tolchec (Guest)Tue 29-Mar-05 04:19 AM

#36455, "No reply for me?? =("
In response to Reply #0

I really liked the char, probibly the best rager I've seen in a while of the new ones sprouting up. good luck on your next char, and I hope the quips we had back and forth brightened your RP experiance.

-tolchec--=<=

Undead_Irish (Guest)Tue 29-Mar-05 10:47 AM

#36465, "Well of course!"
In response to Reply #48

It was much fun to have those quips that we did. I really should have writted my goodbye when I wasn't so tired, I forgot so many. Anyway, good luck with Vindicator, I know you'll do just fine. See you in the fields!

Reggie (Guest)Mon 28-Mar-05 11:37 PM

#36439, "Lousy forgetful dwarves!"
In response to Reply #0

I can't believe you forgot me. What is up with that? Anyway, I'm glad we had some good fights. You and that stinking bloodlust, making me use barrier wands up and all. Good job though, follower of Ordasen and all, I admire those players a lot.

Reggie

Undead_Irish (Guest)Tue 29-Mar-05 12:26 AM

#36440, "Yeah, I forgot all Outlanders..."
In response to Reply #45

So don't feel bad. I was tired when I posted, so it was easy for me to forget even an entire cabal. Anyway, I enjoyed our fights as well. You know your stuff. Keep it up. Outlander is not an easy cabal and you seem to do just fine. See you in the fields!

Draxidar (Guest)Tue 29-Mar-05 04:08 AM

#36454, "Good Job"
In response to Reply #45

Didn't get to see you much as you said, but from what I did see at the Rites and around you really had a solid character going there. And its always good to have another dwarf around. We are the best race and all. Good Luck and Well done.

The Dread Lord (Guest)Mon 28-Mar-05 09:03 PM

#36432, "Forgot me!"
In response to Reply #0

We fought quiet a bit in our youth and even then fairly viscious of course necros in general kinda bite it against axe specs unless i prep out my a**. I got you one time when a thief blackjacked you other than that I'm not sure I died to you but I remember fighting you quiet a bit. Good job though Snaps for Crazy Dwarf Berserkers.

Zakarius (Guest)Mon 28-Mar-05 08:48 PM

#36429, "Well done."
In response to Reply #0

I loved this character. And while we had to be enemies this was the perfect example of respect between foes. Zak never considered Tug an enemy. He knew he had to watch out for him, because holy crap could tug hit like a friggin mack truck going down hill. The only duel I even came close to winning was that final one on the river, I felt terrible about your death there. Zak was about to flee out because you wear nearly convulsing on the ground and he didnt want one more roll to kill Tug. He respected Tug and like much of the fortress really liked the dwarf. Heh. The final night I saw you log on Zak made a comment on the fortress channel about liking tug and all five others said they did too. Jovial and happy definetly came through with Tug. You've been one of my favorite enemies twice in a row now, first with Karashin and then with Tug. Hope to see you in the fields soon man.

Undead_Irish (Guest)Mon 28-Mar-05 08:57 PM

#36431, "Har!"
In response to Reply #42

You're right, there was perfect respect between us. And I enjoyed it greatly. Tugg saw that each person has their own path, if they conflict do something about it. But that doesn't mean you had to hate them, because like you, they are trying their best and doing what they believe. And to Tugg, there was nothing better. I'm coming to fields soon, not to worry. Good luck with whatever time you have on Zak. Har!

Lycandraev (Guest)Mon 28-Mar-05 07:53 PM

#36423, "RE: [RAGE DELETE] Tuggluk Stonecutter the Legend of the..."
In response to Reply #0

Awesome berserker. Enjoyed all our fights. Had to 'duel you' to get you away from your regular mage killing duties. I kind of have a boring pattern of hunting the same foes that are my natural prey, and it can get dull at times with my focii. I feel rather vulnerable away from the wet parts...You always answered the call to fight and were a challenge to contend with. Any mage not prepping or using every piece of cursed magic to fight you, would simply die. (Or they could always gank you down. WHich from my observations seemed to happen more than not.) COme back with another angry dwarf.

Side note: I posted some logs for you but you may have missed them as a ton of things were posted after. Lemme know if you want them again. It was fun.

Undead_Irish (Guest)Mon 28-Mar-05 08:05 PM

#36426, "Heh."
In response to Reply #37

I enjoyed our duels as well. That form combination must have been painful to rank. Anyway, I dueled you, per se, because I don't think I could have fought you any other way. So I was always duel, it gives a chance to gain an honorable kill, for both sides. I also had no qualms fighting the dolphin. Its damn powerful and I feel its my duty as a zerker to match that.

I did read those logs, thanks for posting em. I'll be back soon, so watch yourself...heh. Good luck, and keep up the great work!

Grixlin (Guest)Mon 28-Mar-05 07:41 PM

#36422, "Well Tugg..."
In response to Reply #0

I hate that me running got to you but I am curious as to what you thought I should have done. With six shields and shield I ate EVIS-DIS and almost died in three rounds to you in our last chance encounter. What would you have me bravely stand and cast that was going to change the outcome of such a battle? If prepared I could have been hasted and stoneskinned but I dont think that would have made a difference as you use wrath often and I have not taken the time to gear well as of yet. I left when I saw you Tugg because I was not the one looking for a fight. Soon that may have changed with my spells finished, better gear, barrier, aura and shield but till then it was just wise to run. Your were the only one to get me thus far and I tried to learn from those lessons instead of repeating he same mistakes. We dont all play to fight everytime.

With that being said you were one of my favorite people to have around. I have played by my share of villagers and love the cabal. You were everything I thought a zerker should be. While I was a runner you were a fighter. I saw you constantly take on groups, chase mages in town, kill mage tribs and cause more than my groups to rank in remote spots. Any village leader should have been proud to have you about. I spoke with Drax last night who told me you were gone and I think I shared with him how I felt about you. See you in the fields soon.

Undead_Irish (Guest)Mon 28-Mar-05 08:02 PM

#36425, "Oh, well..."
In response to Reply #36

Don't take it personally about the running thing. That was notorious, regardless of who my prey was. You just happened to come to mind. And I know the pains of mages, a good friend of mine, his most recent character was Shisi, explains to me all the time how mages really ought to avoid Ragers. What you did was smart. I totally agree that unless you have all bases covered, avoid them. Tuggluk just didn't like it.

Anyway, thank you for the kind words. I am glad you are learning lessons from the few deaths I gave you. Tuggluk was meant to teach friends and enemies. For instance, don't use spells that can be baned. Force zerkers to thirst to stay alive. Flee heal return, because you can do that a crap load better than we can. Anyway, good luck! I'll see you soon enough.

Calrohir (Guest)Mon 28-Mar-05 07:37 PM

#36421, "Man, the few times we fought you leveled me. n/t"
In response to Reply #0

nt

Undead_Irish (Guest)Mon 28-Mar-05 07:58 PM

#36424, "Yeah.."
In response to Reply #35

When I play warriors, dam roll instantly comes to mind. Perhaps that is why my, although few, characters hit hard. Anyway, good luck with tribunal. I remember the pains of it when I was Zukir, so stick it out! See you in the fields.

LyristeonMon 28-Mar-05 05:20 PM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#36410, "Aww, heck."
In response to Reply #0

I had a feeling when I heard that prayer last night you were about to delete. I was in the process of giving you some lovin' after watching you stay after a couple others, who shall remain nameless, left when the scion numbers swelled. You left a bit too soon. And it takes a few minutes to check on a few things before someone steps in on a cabal that isn't theirs to oversee.

I enjoyed the banter you would give the few times we spoke. You talked to me as one of my followers would after getting to know me. Very fun to watch as well.

Good luck with your next.

Undead_Irish (Guest)Mon 28-Mar-05 07:36 PM

#36420, "Bah."
In response to Reply #32

That prayer was more roleplay than a signal that I was going to delete. I was trying to, in my last moments, show a dwarf who had grown tired of war, the jovialness had broken. But yeah, I knew once I was left alone they would come, and to quit would have been against the ways of Tuggluk.

Regardless, I still have fresh memories of when I thirsted into you. I crapped myself and was like oh god, I'm about to be killed in one hit. I'm glad you enjoyed the banter, because I know I sure did. And it's always nice to entertain the Immortals, you are probably what makes this game so incredibly worth it.

I'll be in the fields soon enough. (My next character is actually rolled, I'm deciding roleplay at the moment.) But thank you for the kind words.

Har!

Nabburak (Guest)Mon 28-Mar-05 05:13 PM

#36409, "Take oath"
In response to Reply #0

A very solid and chargeful rager, my Axe will miss you. Now I have to slay tons of ragers to get a single charge *sigh*.

At hero levels, 90% of the people are competant, and understand that prepping compensates for player skill.

It's slightly wierd interpretation.
Correct version is: "thirst/db compensates for player skill and prepping lets you compete against thirst/db."

The Emperor- Yeah, you do well, because I can tell you know your crap. Then again, with all the cabal powers you harvest, it doesn't take tooooo much effort. But I know you put in that required effort, because you do so well. Keep up the good work.

I would say for all of us, fire anti-paladins.
Rager berserkers are one of the worst matchups for us. It is nearly impossible to land any spell a on thirsting berserker, and we aren't doing extremely well against them in melee combat. Dirt, disarm, bashing ( though Nepenthe won't recommend bashing ragers with APs ) are our primary options in combat against ragers.
So, in order to provide any competition for ragers without much efforts I harvested all the cabal powers and preps.

PS. I was disappointed when yesterday I had Vershelt slept in imperial lands and you logged in and saved his mouthly arse
Do not disappoint emperors!

Vershelt (Guest)Mon 28-Mar-05 05:58 PM

#36411, "Bah!"
In response to Reply #31

You don't know how lucky you are. Somehow, despite being thirsted, when I walked into the room with you it did not autoattack and instead you got the spell off - and through some good saves I might add.

But you spent hours trying to weaken me, which was fruitless. Tug only woke me an hour before I would have woken up anyway, and you were mine, all mine!!

I'll get you yet, my pretty!

Undead_Irish (Guest)Mon 28-Mar-05 08:07 PM

#36427, "To be more in depth..."
In response to Reply #31

Those comments on Emperor powers were not meant as an attack, to clear that up. I just know they help, that's all. Regardless, I'm sure you'd be just as deathful without them. You are indeed powerful, so keep it up.

As for that sign on, pure luck. I was sitting in dorm like hmm, I am rather bored. *sign on* Damn, nice timing. Good luck!

P.S. Can I ask the age old question? How many charges?

Tirnath (Guest)Tue 29-Mar-05 10:11 AM

#36464, "charges"
In response to Reply #41

3 charges from you. as I saw.

Kjelror (Guest)Mon 28-Mar-05 02:29 PM

#36399, "Miss ya man"
In response to Reply #0

Tuggluk was awesome, I enjoyed your char alot... there are a few people that when they are on, you just feel safe.. your char was one of those, and thats a good quality. You would beat the hell out of people and fighted like a real berserker. Well done man and good luck with your next
-Kjelror

Undead_Irish (Guest)Mon 28-Mar-05 02:37 PM

#36401, "Heh."
In response to Reply #29

Just keep trucking. You've done great from what I've seen so far. Just remember what I said. And well, I had this idea for my next character last night, after writing that goodbye post. But was hit with inspiration while I slept for another. So you may be seeing me soon than you think. However, I won't tell you what cabal to look for me in . Good luck!

Brumbalin (Guest)Mon 28-Mar-05 02:29 PM

#36398, "Har! Bloody! n/t"
In response to Reply #0

n/t

Vershelt (Guest)Mon 28-Mar-05 01:42 PM

#36395, "RE: [RAGE DELETE] Tuggluk Stonecutter the Legend of the..."
In response to Reply #0

You grew on me. At first I found you kinda annoying, being a level 32 dwarf asking me to go kill Dern to get you some spiked clothing. I was like "hey grow up and go kill him yourself" or something like that in my mind. And you seemed very concerned with getting those particular things, which for me looked kinda not so good at so young.

Of course once you got closer to hero and then of course while you were a hero I was perfectly happy to go with you to dern, as I think we did about 54 million times.

You were a whole lotta fun to have around and Vershelt definitely felt like he could rely on you, and hoped you felt the same. I wasn't kidding when in the rites I said you fought very well and I was glad I didn't have to fight you all the time in the war. For a little stumpy dwarf, you sure do hit hard!

Terrific character, hope to see you again soon.

Undead_Irish (Guest)Mon 28-Mar-05 02:08 PM

#36396, "Heh, about Dern..."
In response to Reply #26

A minor infactuation that I've almost gotten over with. As Karashin I was enthralled to find such dam roll increasing equip, minus the incredibly taxing dex loss. I imagine I was rather annoying to Vershelt, who doesn't really like such bothersome requests. (So it seems). ANyway, I'm glad you enjoyed Tuggluk, I know he was a great supporter of the Drillmaster. I think even if you had been wrong on some issue, Tuggluk would have agreed, out of loyalty.

In regards to hitting hard, I'm not sure how I do it. All I know is that sometimes when I was well dressed, it wasn't unexpect to have over 100 dam roll with thirst and the tat. You sure did whup my arse in the Rites though. It was rather pleasing to get that kill on you, although sad that I had to kill you. If that makes any sense. Regardless, keep up the awesome work. I don't know how much time you have left on that giant, but use all of it.

You'll be seeing me soon enough...

Cheers!

GiantmanMon 28-Mar-05 12:38 PM
Member since 15th Sep 2004
31 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#36387, "RE: [RAGE DELETE] Tuggluk Stonecutter the Legend of the..."
In response to Reply #0

A very well played berserker, and Karashin wasn't bad either. Acaga would have loved to have you around during his time in the village, it would have been awesome to lay waste to everything. Anyhow, good rager, and I hope you come back

Acaga

Undead_Irish (Guest)Mon 28-Mar-05 12:46 PM

#36390, "Oh! That reminds me!"
In response to Reply #22

I fought you! Not really. But when I went to Ordasen's shrine, I fought him, roleplaying you. It was fun to die to you, in a way. Heh. Anyway, I was immediately brought back and tatt'ed for sticking around to fight Acaga the Beast. Damn I wish I had that log. Anyway, it sure would have been fun, roll up another in the near future and I'm sure you'll find me nearby. See you in the fields!

GiantmanMon 28-Mar-05 01:37 PM
Member since 15th Sep 2004
31 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#36394, "RE: Oh! That reminds me!"
In response to Reply #24

Damit, that'd be super cool to see, too bad too bad

Acaga

OnirakothMon 28-Mar-05 12:34 PM
Member since 31st Jan 2005
44 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#36386, "Well played"
In response to Reply #0

You did really, really well from what I saw. Never afraid to come into town and whip up on folks. Your character's effects on people was interesting to watch from my perspective. Good job playing a balls to the wall rager, the way it should be done.

-O-

Undead_Irish (Guest)Mon 28-Mar-05 12:44 PM

#36389, "Oni!"
In response to Reply #21

Yeah, I realized after I posted that I should have mentioned you. Wished we had interacted more, but never really got to. Keep up the good job on Provost, being a healer comes in handy I imagine. Good luck!

Kallor (Guest)Mon 28-Mar-05 10:51 AM

#36382, "No mention of any outlander!"
In response to Reply #0

BAH! Heh, anyways it was a great enjoyment to fight you...when your poorly equipped, otherwise I'd get owned. You made it so hating dwarves as an Outlander wasn't so annoying. Saying dwaves digging are bad can only go so many ways, even in outlander hippy speak.
To stroke your ego some let me bring your memory to one spot. You had just killed two others, and Biedal an outlander in the Battlefields. However at the time I was organiziing a raid on tribby for the item and biedal was necesary, When I found out he died i was pissed so I went found out where you were and went to the fields to get some vengence, With you at halve hp, tired from Rager crack, and me fully spelled up by the neighborhood tranny I was able to beat you while losing 3/4 my hp. For such a victory I was awarded a 'You hear the Ancients howl.' echo...So apparently you were getting on the nerves of someone for killing all the outlanders. Good job!!
You kicked ass.---I hope to speak again in my goodbye one day.

Undead_Irish (Guest)Mon 28-Mar-05 10:56 AM

#36383, "Awww damnit"
In response to Reply #19

You're right, I forgot Outlanders. Well I imagine those that I would write about will speak up anyway. It was fun fighting you. You were a competant ranger who knew your limitations. Ambush and flee, don't stick around too long. You used the woods well. Keep up the good work. And congrats on the echo, it was welld deserved.
See you in the fields!

Cytherea (Guest)Mon 28-Mar-05 10:22 AM

#36378, "RE: [RAGE DELETE] Tuggluk Stonecutter the Legend of the..."
In response to Reply #0

Enjoyed your charector. Loved the idea of a very friendly rager. Sad to see you go, but oh well. Good luck with your next charector.

Undead_Irish (Guest)Mon 28-Mar-05 10:32 AM

#36381, "Heh."
In response to Reply #16

Friendly ragers are hard, let me tell yah. To be like I desire your life, yet I want you have a good time while I place my axes in your sides, it's hard to be convincing. Good luck with Cyth, healers are not me, but you seem to do just fine. See you in the fields!

Zolyra (Guest)Mon 28-Mar-05 10:10 AM

#36376, "RE: [RAGE DELETE] Tuggluk Stonecutter the Legend of the..."
In response to Reply #0

>Zolyra- Another mage to suffer quite a few deaths. You seem
>knew to game, so keep going. You may not know it, but you
>have been blessed with some SPLENDID forms. Learn to use them
>and become deathful.

Nah, I'm not new. What you saw in our conversations is more roleplay than anything else. I liked Tuggluk. It's always refreshing to see a rager who will converse a little after a fight.

Undead_Irish (Guest)Mon 28-Mar-05 10:30 AM

#36380, "All the better!"
In response to Reply #15

Splendid roleplay as well then. And I'm glad you enjoyed that aspect of Tuggluk. I tried to make a point to have him talk with everyone. There isn't much fun in a see mage, smash mage, trophy mage berserker. I'd much rather make everyone have fun with the game, even in death. See you in the fields!

AarnMon 28-Mar-05 09:33 AM
Member since 04th Feb 2005
566 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#36368, "RE: [RAGE DELETE] Tuggluk Stonecutter the Legend of the..."
In response to Reply #0

I watched you a few times, and you always impressed me as a solid berserker. You also seem to have that most golden of all CF skills; the ability to take a death in stride and come back kicking. Anyhow, good luck with your next.

Aarn

p.s. Damn straight the Fort people liked you because you were a dwarf. Look at who they have for a role model! Har!

Undead_Irish (Guest)Mon 28-Mar-05 10:08 AM

#36375, "Ha!"
In response to Reply #7

How foolish of my to forgot that the Fortress has such a great dwarf as you! And thank you. I don't really pride myself on taking death happily, but I do try to. It amuses me how much of real life is reflected in this game. I am notoriously known to screw things up only to come back with a vengeance. Anyway, I shall be in these fields soon enough....bwhahahaha. *cough* *hack* *wheeze* Bad idea.

ordasenMon 28-Mar-05 09:31 AM
Member since 18th Feb 2004
216 posts
#36367, "YAR"
In response to Reply #0

First of all, thank you.

Thank you for having a fun character within battle that showed alot of how they should be. And thank you for having a character that was a blast to have as a follower.

It only took a little bit of prodding of you to get you from that 6 and 6 pk record you were at to where you ended up. And I must say, what a major turn around. You were always there when the #### hit the fan and others would log off when they knew a raid was coming and you never bitched about it when you would die. Often times you would at least take one down or at least push them back and hold them off for a period of time before going down.

You did well in the Rites and more then not would have made Commander in the second go around if it ever came up in your time again. However the reward which I spoke of was the position of Veteran once you heroed. However I've been buisy for the last 2 weeks with work and other life events going on that it has been hard catching up to you. You were a good example for the village and never thought twice of giving it your all.
All in all, a great character and good luck with anything you play in the future.

Ordasen

Undead_Irish (Guest)Mon 28-Mar-05 10:06 AM

#36374, "Great Bear!"
In response to Reply #6

Your quite welcome. Although I know it is a habit for some IMMs to burn out, please don't do so any time soon. If you are around when I come back to the Village, probably rather soon, two characters max, I wouldn't imagine following anyone else.

Your religion is what I believe to hold true to all Villagers. Noble warriors are supposed to be Courageous. As for lasting to another set of Rites, I guess that didn't happen. But since I've only played this game maybe two years now, I still have a lot to learn. For instance, when not to delete *grumble*

Anyway, while I may not have bitched often about dying, it doesn't mean I wasn't doing it verbally to myself. But there is you and then there is your character. Just because you throwing around naughty words outside of Thera, doesn't mean you should bring them into it.

Thanks again for all the kind words. Like I said, I wouldn't be surprised if I came to your Mead Hall once again. Thanks for everything. See you in the fields, Great Bear!

nepentheMon 28-Mar-05 08:03 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#36363, "Nicely played."
In response to Reply #0

HAR!

Undead_Irish (Guest)Mon 28-Mar-05 10:00 AM

#36373, "Har!"
In response to Reply #5

Thanks. Hearing that from the Immortal mouths of CF means a lot. I'm not sure if I understood that stupid bash thread earlier, but if you really were Istendil... *Worship*

Zheairth (Guest)Mon 28-Mar-05 06:57 AM

#36362, "Good luck"
In response to Reply #0

You were my favorite rager and acted right as ragers should in my mind. I enjoed most of our fights and small talks afterwards still can not remember any time when I got you. Nicely done and good luck with next.

Tuggluk (Guest)Mon 28-Mar-05 09:59 AM

#36372, "Well...."
In response to Reply #4

I'm not sure if you got me either. As for a note to all shamans, I quickly learned my bane to be minus str. So I avidly equipped for it. So wither was worthless. Rot was as well for the most part, being a dwarf. I'm not sure what you could have done, but from Villager experience, plague, flee, word, return in a few hours always works in some way. We either have to get back to the Village to heal it or thirst to make sure it doesn't kill out legs. I'll let you think on that. Good luck!

Judaao (Guest)Mon 28-Mar-05 03:32 AM

#36357, "RE: [RAGE DELETE] Tuggluk Stonecutter the Legend of the..."
In response to Reply #0

BEast of a rager you where. Hate to say it but damn glad your gone. We had a few fights one on one. You won most all of them if I recall, just nothing I could do against that pincer and deathblow. But I would always give it a shot anyway, I mean what the hell may aswell right? And that tat you had was one of the beast tats I ever seen. I remember defending agaist you and you where gushin blood then you let out that damn growl and was at a few scratches. I thought well fark this aint workin. Either way though man nice villager. You played it well and you held your own. Glad I seemed liked I knew what I was doing. Just to be honest with ya, I play the game to pk not much else. Been doing so for about five plus years now. But I will tell ya a lil secret this is only my second Shaman since I have ever played. First one I heroed, so I am still gettin the swing of things I guess but hey, pk is pk no matter what class. Some class just go about it diffrent. Once again well played man, props for that. Oh almost forgot glad to see your gettin away from the village a bit. If you like warriors I suggest a duergar sword spec hand spec in the scions.

Undead_Irish (Guest)Mon 28-Mar-05 09:56 AM

#36371, "Heh...."
In response to Reply #3

This was my first tatted character, so in my infactuation with having a tat, I'm sure I overused it. Anyway, Thanks for the compliments. Like I said, you aren't doing so bad yourself And since you have me a lil' secret, I can give you one as well. Scions as caught me eye. Not to say I am making one, but I wouldn't be surprised if in the near future (one two, at most three characters down the line), I had a nightwalker by my side. Anyway, see you in the fields!

Rom (Guest)Mon 28-Mar-05 02:30 AM

#36355, "RE: [RAGE DELETE] Tuggluk Stonecutter the Legend of the..."
In response to Reply #0

I remember going after you as Nyath a few times, 29 human necro. I think I got you twice, but you must have got me about 4 or 5 times (ie: every time I missed sleep). The only thing I didn't like about this character was that you actually asked a shaman to summon you out of the secret room in galadon when I had summoned you in there, I thought that was rather bad form for a rager (or rather, a rager app).

Rom.

Tuggluk (Guest)Mon 28-Mar-05 09:54 AM

#36370, "You made a good point..."
In response to Reply #2

I remember Nyath. You necros never really had a chance against a dwarf, the save vs spell is crazy. Anyway, I was wondering if that was ok myself. I was friends with the shaman, who shall remain nameless, and I didn't see a IC problem with it. Summon isn't really a mage skill, nor a commune, and it can be entirely harmless. So I'm not sure if what I did was right. I would like to know that myself. Anyway, good luck with whatever your up to. See you in the fields!

Rom (Guest)Tue 29-Mar-05 06:50 AM

#36460, "Per Ordasen's previous posts:"
In response to Reply #9

http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=8&topic_id=4478&mesg_id=4532&page=2

<i>You have 2 options if something like this happens.
1: you find someone who can get the key, or a thief who can pick the door.

or

2: you commit suicide
This one being harsher, however you still dont defile yourself or dishonor yourself by having others break one of the codes on the tablet*.

*For those who haven't seen it or its been a while...
3. Priests are to be tolerated, for they are empowered by the gods, but they are not gods themselves. Their powers should not be embraced
anywhere other than the shrine of your deity.</i>

----

Oh, and summon is a commune, as well as a mage skill. Anything that has 'commune' in its casting syntax is a commune

Rom.

Halhaer (Guest)Mon 28-Mar-05 02:02 AM

#36353, "Oh dear!"
In response to Reply #0

The little time that Halhaer is around, you undoubtedly were her dearest friend! I enjoyed all the ranking, skjald tough no? Anyway I liked Karashin also, we fought quite abit. Well played, keep the awesome characters coming!

Undead_Irish (Guest)Mon 28-Mar-05 09:52 AM

#36369, "RE: Oh dear!"
In response to Reply #1

Heh. Don't worry, I'm going anywhere. Like I said, good luck with Halhaer. See you in the fields!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #36350 Previous topic | Next topic