Subject: "(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Stry the Legend of the Battlefield..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #34960
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 07-Feb-05 12:20 AM
Member since 20th Sep 2024
17171 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#34960, "(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Stry the Legend of the Battlefield, Magistrate of Voralian City"

Sun Feb 6 23:17:48 2005

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 16th of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Stry perished, never to return.

Race:felar
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:195

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply well..., Stry (Guest), 07-Feb-05 03:21 PM, #4
Reply Rest in peace n/t, Jhuyzi (Guest), 07-Feb-05 03:47 PM, #5
Reply you, Stry (Guest), 07-Feb-05 06:31 PM, #7
Reply Drahke and Stry, Drahke (Guest), 07-Feb-05 04:06 PM, #6
Reply and that's not your first language?, incognito, 07-Feb-05 07:29 PM, #9
     Reply Yeah, what you said... n/t, Stry (Guest), 07-Feb-05 07:48 PM, #10
Reply RE: well..., Ahelunn (Guest), 07-Feb-05 06:35 PM, #8
Reply RE, Marmaanth, 08-Feb-05 02:47 AM, #11
     Reply Yeah, it was coming along well the hatred aspect. But i..., Stry (Guest), 08-Feb-05 02:02 PM, #12
Reply Argh! WHY?!?, Ahelun, 07-Feb-05 02:03 PM, #3
Reply No good, Onirakoth, 07-Feb-05 12:46 AM, #2
Reply That's a pity., Meronir (Guest), 07-Feb-05 12:32 AM, #1

Stry (Guest)Mon 07-Feb-05 03:21 PM

#34996, "well..."
In response to Reply #0

Alright, this was my comeback char from a 6 month or so break up from cf. Second hero, and firt tribunal.

I'll cut to the chase.

The reason I deleted was because I got bored. I picked wrong sphere, and not until I was well into the 40's I realized I just can't rp what I had intended. Also, the tribunal was great the first 150 hours or so, then it just became repeatative and dull. It was pretty much log on and sit and do nothing for 30 - 40 minutes then log out.

Some of you in trib might've noticed that I became really silent the last week or so, and that was because Vargblot (no offense man, I'm sure you are great guy) annoyed me in some way. I can't say what because I don't know. But he pissed me off in more ways than one. So that's why. I remember you asked Belantia.

Spear/whip was a bad choice. It didn't really fit my way of playing and the skills didn't work as well as I thought they would. Entwine worked almost always on mobs, but maybe 40% of the times on players. Strip was pretty much the most reliable skill imo that I found useful (that one time I stripped drahke of his tit spear and kill him with it, that was sweet). Spear was just great allround.

Ahelun, whatever did happen in galadon? I forgot

Onirakoth, I think you make a good provost the time our times meshed that is. Never saw you anywhere near helping retrieving or raiding, but that's probably because of the aforementioned, right?

Melacarfina, good justicar and good spirit. I liked your char. Go out in blaze and glory, aight? ;p

the rest of you, sorry if I don't name you, but you didn't really impact much in stry's life. That's my fault to I suppose, but hey, whatever.

Last word to drahke. Do you speak english? I can't really recall you ever saying one sentence to me, yet we fought a great deal. Sometimes it was fun, sometimes not. Perhaps in your rp, I don't know. Good fights though.

Cheers.

Jhuyzi (Guest)Mon 07-Feb-05 03:47 PM

#34997, "Rest in peace n/t"
In response to Reply #4

n/t

Stry (Guest)Mon 07-Feb-05 06:31 PM

#35002, "you"
In response to Reply #5

you were a royal pain in the butt. It was really annoying when you came to retrieve. Well deserving of that title

Keep on truckin'

Drahke (Guest)Mon 07-Feb-05 04:06 PM

#34999, "Drahke and Stry"
In response to Reply #4

>Last word to drahke. Do you speak english? I can't really recall you
>ever saying one sentence to me, yet we fought a great deal. Sometimes
>it was fun, sometimes not. Perhaps in your rp, I don't know. Good
>fights though.

English is not my first language but I believe I have a basic grasp on it, anyway. However, I have chosen to let Drahke speak in short sentences and avoid long or rare words. According to the help file on fire giants they do have some difficulties in communicating with the other races. Furthermore, while there can be occations where it is fine roleplay to taunt your enemy, enter philosophical discussions and what not, I don't find it appropriate for Drahke. I never liked the 'Well done' comment after getting your ass kicked either, but that's just me.

Since a large part of this game is about the interaction with others, this of course can be frustrating. And I am pretty frustated with Drahke in some ways, so I could imagine it would be worse on the other end. However, as you said, we did have a few good fights, which is another large part of the game. The one you mentioned was pretty close. Damn you

>The reason I deleted was because I got bored. I picked wrong sphere,
>and not until I was well into the 40's I realized I just can't rp
>what I had intended. Also, the tribunal was great the first 150 hours
>or so, then it just became repeatative and dull. It was pretty much
>log on and sit and do nothing for 30 - 40 minutes then log out.

I feel your pain. I don't know much about tribunal, but the only thing that seems like it could be fun is the vindicator or justicar spot.

incognitoMon 07-Feb-05 07:29 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#35004, "and that's not your first language?"
In response to Reply #6

I'm impressed. Personally I think it is obvious everyone on the mud has a basic grasp of English or they wouldn't be able to play. However, your post was better English than I've read from 99% of the native English speakers. I include myself in this but that's because I don't try to write proper English when posting.

Stry (Guest)Mon 07-Feb-05 07:48 PM

#35008, "Yeah, what you said... n/t"
In response to Reply #9

asdf

Ahelunn (Guest)Mon 07-Feb-05 06:35 PM

#35003, "RE: well..."
In response to Reply #4

>Ahelun, whatever did happen in galadon? I forgot

Some of the principles are still alive, but basically I was given a flag, and my character resented it (justified as it may have been OOC, heh). Scions attacked my guild, and none of the tribs around cared to do anything until AFTER I attacked the Scions, and didn't warrant me until after they were run off. You were there at the time, so of course you shared in the blame. Ahh we,, from what I saw you were a strong fighter and a good magistrate. Good luck with your next.

MarmaanthTue 08-Feb-05 02:47 AM
Member since 05th Dec 2004
52 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#35021, "RE"
In response to Reply #4

I was looking forward to seeing you and Vargblot play out
your IC hatred for one another. Pity.

Good luck with your next.

Marmaanth

Stry (Guest)Tue 08-Feb-05 02:02 PM

#35040, "Yeah, it was coming along well the hatred aspect. But i..."
In response to Reply #11

asdf

AhelunMon 07-Feb-05 02:03 PM
Member since 17th Dec 2004
56 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#34990, "Argh! WHY?!?"
In response to Reply #0

I had plans for you on the back burner, after that little thing in Galadon.

OnirakothMon 07-Feb-05 12:46 AM
Member since 31st Jan 2005
44 posts
#34963, "No good"
In response to Reply #0

Our playing times just didn't seem to mesh at all and that really is too bad. I knew when I inducted you that you were solid and if we would have seen each other more, you certainly wouldn't have just been a magistrate of Voralian. I guess those are the breaks, huh?

-O-

Meronir (Guest)Mon 07-Feb-05 12:32 AM

#34962, "That's a pity."
In response to Reply #0

You were fun to walk with every now and then.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #34960 Previous topic | Next topic