Subject: "Deleted! Sorry guys... (LONG THREAD)" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #34920
Show all folders

Jaeiin (Guest)Sat 05-Feb-05 11:41 AM

#34920, "Deleted! Sorry guys... (LONG THREAD)"

I just can't put in the hours and I'm likely close to an auto-delete in the next week... so I'm throwing in the towel.

Frankly, this is another character that has lost out to a worrying trend in deletions. I always manage to work up an interesting/fun character only to have real life come back in on me again :s

Jaeiin was concieved long ago when I was browsing over Shazirahs religion and wanted to roll a herald. I also wanted to do an Outlander, and I think the best part of his entire life was the one quote from Shazirah herself... "Who is it that heals the healer?". With the Heralds suffering, I would have rolled up a nasty PKing char to defend them but instead I turned the quote to my own advantage in Outlander. Jaeiin became the Outlanders source of all things Herald-like, the fun, the relaxation and hopefully some creative roleplaying and even some good education. I tried to make him the historian of the bunch but hit a serious bump when I found out how little one can do without books. Outlander history is more a living, breathing kind and lives within the Cabals members instead of rusty libraries. At this point, I was thankful Jaeiin was a wood-elf, so his longevity would allow him to play off a wiser elf in later years. Alas, they never came and so he ends. I'd hoped to guide Aesrira through and up to leadership (it was obvious she was next, as she did the best interviews. My only two interviews, and one got interrupted by the 'Emperor's Pudding' incident and decayed from then on ) but alas, its not to be. I hope someone picks up on the idea that Outlanders need a living historian within the Cabal because it could add just SO much if they have someone other than a stoic harbinger (though you kick ass Tjok) to educate.

With my depressing epilogue done with, here it goes to the farewells!

Immortals:

Shazirah: Wow. Loved it, every moment. And the cheesey 'Wow, would could I be getting from her?' gig just before you tatted me was actually honest... though it seemed so obvious in retrospect I couldn't have made Jaeiin half as fun as he was without the inspiration your religion provided. I even half-converted a few with my speeches on the Spirit. Hope you get back into the game soon!

Outlander: That thing, we're not supposed to talk about? Well, I talked about it as much as I could without getting smited I was desperate to teach so I'd guide the Outlanders Spiritually, and it involved that thing. Sorry. Other than that, I hope I have the highest score to date on 'that thing' because I tried damned hard to find out a lot about it. I love it, and I want to hug every damn person who coded it.

Outlanders: I'm going to miss some of you, and hate myself for it...

Tjok: Inductor, mentor and repressed giant. I loved it when I made you smile, laugh or even speak more than you usually did. You pulled of your roleplay so well, I could almost visualise this inspiring, hovering menace next to me when I was messing about in the hollow or at the huntress. Mad thumbs up to you, keep on truckin'

Yisoras: You really deserve the star spot, because you were the light-hearted fellow that let Jaeiin express himself so well. The fun we had was amazing, and definetly of Optomkiptum quality. I can imagine anyone who listened in on any Norkie incidents had a giggle or two.

Norkie: Do I need to say anything? You were awesome. From grass-juice to mad-giant yellings you were a hoot, and really represent that 'fun' spirit I have always sought inside of CF. If I ever run into you again, I guess I'll know now. Thanks for everything.

Aesrira: I never really felt like I understood you, and I don't know why. I understood the roleplay, you explained it and acted it well, but something about you didn't stick. Other than that you were brilliant to be around. Porcugator! How could I have forgotten that?! Hope you had fun! Heard you got leader, I saw it coming a mile off Lets see if you live up to Tjoks legacy.

Karrel: Think I said most of it in your good bye, PK machine, another silent giant type (not that you were particularly silent just not chatty) who added a more challenging aspect to Jaeiins life.

Cathoria: Pk-alicous. That time, with the Scions? Yeah. Did it feel good? Hells yeah. I still relive that moment a million times and wander what kept me alive. Something tells me, it was you. Thanks.

Tiri: Steady druidic roleplay, saw less of you than I would of liked because I like sparking and encouraging good roleplay. You kicked it with the best, sorry I missed your deletion and later years.

Jhuyzi: Good ol' air-spec. Thanks for scouting so well, I guess it can be impatient being more the 'servant' than the mass-pker we all become under your guiding eyes. Thanks for it all, and sorry for making you feel bad about things on the ol' mount.

Thays: Hope I said it all on your goodbye, your another that sparked some unique thinking along the way.

Farniby: Stop dying!

Others: I get lost in my fond memories, and just stop being able to pull up names. Post, and I'll get back to you soon.

Tribunals: A lot of you were fun, but I think I took some of it way too seriously. It happens, I apologise for it.

Most of you guys just seemed 'stiff' in roleplaying, so I added something of my own faith to our conversations in the hope of converting. I think it actually worked on some, even if they didn't admit it. And to that one, that said they were a spy, he he he he. You made me laugh. What happened to you?

Mela: You kick butt, I have no idea how you managed to die so much to me. I'm really not that good at killing!!! Your likely my favourite tribunal because I could detect nothing dishonest about you. Just like a Tribunal should be, from the kind ones of the Light to the fearsome ones of the Dark. Few tribunals lived up to that standard.

Agantas: He he he he he he.

Onikaroth: Didn't meet you a lot, but damn healers can be irritating. I had Mela and Klend slept, WAY away from the Spire... I tried to raid solo to finally get the Fetish and you show up. I felt like throwing the keyboard out of the window when my fiendish plan went to waste. Well done.

Klend: Woo! You were my first fiend killing, wow was I glad to get revenged for being spat on and slapped when I raided so many times before.

Destripador: Yeah, the nightgaunt trick did work.. embarassingly. Fortunately, I was always well-prepared against thieves. No chance for you to do much with bindings either, that gag just didn't help you. Nice tactics, shame they rarely worked (mostly due to us out-numbering you, not the execution at all)

Others: Hit me up if I forgot you, my memories ####e.

Other Cabals: Lets throw in some randoms to see if it stirs something up.

Jynx: Loved it, you were like my Spiritual partner. Your light-hearted attitude and constant curiousity really helped me expand. Thanks for spurring me on so much, and sorry I never got to show you all those short-cuts about the wilds. I'm suprised so few outlanders dodge roads like the plague, I got so used to using rivers and tunnels I almost forgot about the roads altogether Roll an outlander, and discover those paths yourself.

Ceiekelak(sp?): He he he, your death after a raid where I had to solo-defend till back up arrived spawned one of the most memorable comic moments of Jaeiins life. Your axes hurt really badly and that sigil of pain is ridiculously good at getting around protections. I had shield/aura/resisting/stoneskin/haste and you still, before I slept you, managed to sigil me and get out MASSACRES and MANGLES. I was gobsmacked. Not much I could do in our last fight, but hit Onikaroth a lot and hope to sing you up more while working on him. Kinda pathetic but I had to fight. Hope you had fun.
And that comic moment? What the hell were you doing with a 'dark, brown pudding' on your corpse?!!!?! We ran about playing 'pass the pudding' for ages, until the one I interviewed walked off with the 'Emperors pudding' when we were done without us noticing. Ha ha ha, ah... pudding. I demand that brings back memories.

Everyone else: Bah, I'm getting nostalgic. I can feel that itching withdrawl to play another character and I just know I got a million more where Jaeiin came from. Here's a list of my old characters, I demand you read it and remember!

Yhorian, Optomkiptum, Huroomhaur Dedhorn, Minnaus N'thurgin, Yurrike, Kaerdil Nailmaker (Hey guys! Mail me if you feel like it: liam.martin@lineone.net), and more...

Signing out, sadly...

Jaeiin Ismaere, Spiritual guide of the Outlanders.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply nice char...so long, Klendalstak (Guest), 09-Feb-05 08:47 PM, #15
Reply You'll be missed!, Aesrira (Guest), 09-Feb-05 06:48 AM, #10
Reply Titles..., Jaeiin (Guest), 09-Feb-05 10:21 AM, #13
Reply Buh bie, Waeldyn (Guest), 08-Feb-05 05:49 PM, #9
Reply I Demand That You Listen!, Norkie (Guest), 07-Feb-05 01:31 AM, #8
Reply Hey, I remember Graeterok!, Jaeiin (Guest), 09-Feb-05 10:15 AM, #12
Reply Aw, no love for me?, Iborenn (Guest), 06-Feb-05 02:45 PM, #7
Reply I cannot believe I missed you..., Jaeiin (Guest), 09-Feb-05 10:13 AM, #11
     Reply Righton, Iborenn (Guest), 11-Feb-05 10:06 PM, #16
Reply RE: Deleted! Sorry guys... (LONG THREAD), Jhuyzi (Guest), 06-Feb-05 07:48 AM, #6
Reply Big fan of Jaeiin., Tjok. (Guest), 06-Feb-05 04:48 AM, #5
Reply Wow, Yisoras (Guest), 06-Feb-05 12:39 AM, #4
Reply Fun char, Drahke (Guest), 05-Feb-05 04:28 PM, #3
Reply You were fun as a necro to fight against., Agantas (Guest), 05-Feb-05 04:27 PM, #2
Reply Sorry to take some fun out of it..., Jaeiin (Guest), 09-Feb-05 10:24 AM, #14
Reply Hasta!, Onirakoth, 05-Feb-05 04:24 PM, #1

Klendalstak (Guest)Wed 09-Feb-05 08:47 PM

#35116, "nice char...so long"
In response to Reply #0

Yeah. No hard feelings. That's what Klendalstak did. Hehe. Was tired of playing nice passive chars. Jaeiin was good. Fiend is a bitch to clouds. Take it easy...

Aesrira (Guest)Wed 09-Feb-05 06:48 AM

#35095, "You'll be missed!"
In response to Reply #0

Ya know, I know what you mean. I felt exactly the same way about Jaeiin. I remember our in depth discussion about ourselves and our beliefs and I thought... we are so similar in thought, but so different in execution. There isn't much herald in Aesrira. But that is one of the great things about this cabal, that it can accommodate two such divergent characters. You were definitely unique and a joy to be around. And you definitely added your own spice to the Tree. I'm going to miss that!

Porcugator! Thanks for that! Talk about a nickname that stuck. I was hoping to return the favor. I spent a lot of time thinking, Hmn... Just what sort of beast is Jaeiin? I finally settled on a little laughing Hyena. I was hoping to tag you with it!

Anyway, Great Character! Lots a fun! Good luck in your next.

Jaeiin (Guest)Wed 09-Feb-05 10:21 AM

#35102, "Titles..."
In response to Reply #10

Yeah, shaz stuck me with the obscure 'wind' reference which was brilliant, but I had so many people ask me 'Er, Jaeiin... what in the Gods in a Sirocco???'

You won't hear that commonly used unless you lived in Europe I'm affraid, where I've heard it maybe twice in a life time. Luckily, I read a lot and I didn't have to check a dictionary

Wind was definetly my thing, ever since I found I was connected with Wind Sylphs (Outlander scores 11/10 for RP style) in more ways than I at first imagined.

But who knows... sadly we won't anymore.

Jaeiin

PS - Just encase they read this, I remember when Dreaa and Urog sent me wierd tells... here's a brief reconstruction. It made me giggle.

Dreaa - Weren't you the one who asked me what a Neonite is?
Jaeiin - Er, I don't know Magus, was I?
Dreaa - Perhaps. Hmmm. Do you know what it is?
Jaeiin - I can't say I'm sure. Sorry, Magus.
Urog - I know what it is, but I'm not going to tell you.
Jaeiin - Curse you, Imperial scum! You'd only lie anyway!

Ah, good times...

Waeldyn (Guest)Tue 08-Feb-05 05:49 PM

#35052, "Buh bie"
In response to Reply #0

Enjoyed all of our fights and interactions. Undoubtedly one of my favorite foes. I demand that you know I was Jaegrudai too!

Norkie (Guest)Mon 07-Feb-05 01:31 AM

#34964, "I Demand That You Listen!"
In response to Reply #0

>>I can imagine anyone who listened in on any Norkie incidents had a giggle or two.<<

Oh my goodness... I had a lot of "incidents", which is why I con died at the 48th rank. But, Norkie was a fast and fun character. I miss playing him actually. And our personalities complimented each other so well! The funny thing is that one of my other fun characters interacted with another one of your characters, though we didn't mesh quite the same. Back when you were Optomkinderhosenlieden-whatever, I was playing Graeterok. The only other male character I can remember having fun with. I was all about proving I was a mountain and you would demand that everyone do something. Two crazy svirfs with delusions of grandeur. Darling, you are simply wonderful and I'm hoping that you're still in the game. I've been wanting to send you an e-mail ever since Norkie died.

Norkie, Graeterok, and occasionally the mundane Jane

Jaeiin (Guest)Wed 09-Feb-05 10:15 AM

#35101, "Hey, I remember Graeterok!"
In response to Reply #8

There were only a few svirfnebli I could say acted at all svirfnebli-like, you were one (if clearly crazy, but ce la vie for herald nowadays)

Lets hope I can sift through the damned spam, I'm living off a browser until I get my home connection sorted. For some reason its way down on my list of things to do. I didn't realise how much DIY there was involved in getting a place of your own. Does it ever stop?!

Jaeiin

Iborenn (Guest)Sun 06-Feb-05 02:45 PM

#34949, "Aw, no love for me?"
In response to Reply #0

Heh, thats fine, I enjoyed Jaeiin alot hope you had fun running around killing assorted Imperials and the foolish Maran
Heh, see you again I'm sure.

Jaeiin (Guest)Wed 09-Feb-05 10:13 AM

#35100, "I cannot believe I missed you..."
In response to Reply #7

Iborenn gets more respect than anyone, for being the long-term leader of a cabal and still not burning out.

At points you would just ooze drow, I would always get the creepy feeling you were just taking advantage of my strength. I could almost tell you knew full well when I was secretly using magic around you, and yet you still played it cooly by like 'Here's jaeiin, he's my mage-eating biotch.' I loved learning about your history, and the slavery thing just made Jaeiin all the more sympathetic despite your drow history.

To tell the truth, later in Jaeiins life he found himself saying that dark-elves had more in common with the wilder elves, because of the more 'wild' examples he'd met, than the high elves. That was quite a turn and sometimes even came out as hate towards high-elves (snooty bastards!). You might well have instrumented a quiet turn around in my character, then again it could just have been an excuse to interact more with a truly brilliant and skilled player. Thanks.

Jaeiin Ismaere.

PS - Your right, the underdark is the place to be

Iborenn (Guest)Fri 11-Feb-05 10:06 PM

#35192, "Righton"
In response to Reply #11

Heh I love the few people that I did actually get to 'interact' with
Though I've got logs of it all heh, and Iborenn had a intresting opinion of you though I'll post that when I die and with the logs and all that .. stuff.
Glad you enjoy my drowish attituide and no Iborenn used you for more than you just being a powerhouse, remember the fabulous rescue I managed to arrange for myself =P I intend to post that, that was nifty
Hope I run into you more often

Jhuyzi (Guest)Sun 06-Feb-05 07:48 AM

#34939, "RE: Deleted! Sorry guys... (LONG THREAD)"
In response to Reply #0

Another big fan..
sometimes I am full of ####, I am sorry
but that was alote of fun to have you around. Thank for this

Tjok. (Guest)Sun 06-Feb-05 04:48 AM

#34936, "Big fan of Jaeiin."
In response to Reply #0

Sorry you won't be around because Jaeiin was a great thing for Outlander. You really seem to have a lot of fun and it carries over to the people around you -- it's impressive you can keep that personality going for so long without burning out and losing hold of "it". Anyway, Jaeiin was great, and to date, Huroomhaur was the best RP'd minotaur I've ever seen. Although I admit it's a pity that you played Optomkiptum

Thanks for the fun and good luck.

Yisoras (Guest)Sun 06-Feb-05 12:39 AM

#34931, "Wow"
In response to Reply #0

Thanks a lot, and I thought you were one of the coolest characters I've met, though I think I said that already. Really surprised that you played Minnaus, because he was Silonas' closest thing to a friend, than I deleted, rolled an Outlander, and we hook up again. Hahah, really good times, I'm sure we could go on for awhile talking about it. Focker out.

Drahke (Guest)Sat 05-Feb-05 04:28 PM

#34926, "Fun char"
In response to Reply #0

I found you very entertaining. I think you did very well as a spiritual guide. On numerous occasations I just got plain frustated that I had this lame silent giant role, because it is just so little fun. Guys like you liven up the game and I love it. I would have liked to discuss several things with you as I the player and Drahke the character disagreed with you on several subjects, but the limitations in Drahke's vocabolary just made it impossible.

On a more technical note it was cool to be grouped with you. A bard just made Drahke so more effective, so I could actually do something instead of just sucking.

Have fun with your next, it makes us others have fun too!

Agantas (Guest)Sat 05-Feb-05 04:27 PM

#34925, "You were fun as a necro to fight against."
In response to Reply #0

Or not quite that bad, because you couldn't seal the kill in the lame necro fashion. I play for fun and for me as Agantas, Jaeiin as opponent wasn't fun. I've complimented your tactical efficiency on Dio's so there is no need to do so here.

Agantas: He he he he he he.

Not much of a comment. I don't know why you bothered making it. I liked Minnaus though (as Minnaus was one of my favourite Tribs). It would be rather interesting argument which is more pathetic, the guy who asks for his empty container and waterskin returned, or the guy who adamantly refuses to return them.

What can I say? Full looting has never been my style, apparently not even with a sphere like Covetousness (Agantas was Order and Fungor was Balance). Though I've learned to get over it these days, even though my current char is far worse at regearing than Agantas was, I still don't like to full loot others. If you expect too much, you get disappointed, and that's what I did with Agantas when I expected others to treat me as I treat them (also, this was the treatment I got from ragers). I never expected my stuff back after some Imperial had killed me when I was playing Fungor, and it was not Fungors style to ask, as he held pride in that sense.

Outlanders are not much of an interacting partners because of the camo thing. I extend the same to ranger Bggarr, with whom I didn't quite get to talk enough, as I would have wanted to duel him with Agantas. I didn't trust Outlanders enough to stay and chat with you in that one time in Refuge. I just grew to dislike Jaeiin and it was hard to let go of the disliking. Good luck with your next!

P.S. It might have been fun to interact with Jaeiin as my unrolled Outlander (I am still rather unsure is it my next char (probably not) and what class (as I am wavering between a ranger and druid(for whom I'd want empowerment from Amaranthe when and if I make him)) it is going to be), but whatever, Jaeiin didn't live that long.

Agantas

Jaeiin (Guest)Wed 09-Feb-05 10:24 AM

#35103, "Sorry to take some fun out of it..."
In response to Reply #2

Pk has always been a point of frustration, but I really like the way this mud mixes the RP and PK heavily. It is what makes it unique. I guess I can understand the frustration of facing a nasty, unseen bard. There are songs I could sing and you couldn't react to. Fortunately, there are ways in which I get minced really easily being an outlander. Bashing giants was one of them :s How I fled from klendalstak bashing at the captain more that 7 times in a row without dying, I'll never know. I'll just put it down to being prepped out of my skull

If PK gets you down, take your frustration out with some 'fun' interaction. Do something unusual and try to expand your character. Its led mine from strength to strength every time.

Jaeiin

OnirakothSat 05-Feb-05 04:24 PM
Member since 31st Jan 2005
44 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#34924, "Hasta!"
In response to Reply #0

You seemed fun, I wish we could have conversed more, but you really have to do something right to get Onirakoth to talk much. I enjoyed the fights. Best of luck with real life.

-O-

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #34920 Previous topic | Next topic