Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [None] Ciana the Mistress of Conjuration" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #33919
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 11-Jan-05 01:29 PM
Member since 20th Sep 2024
17171 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33919, "(RAGE DELETE) [None] Ciana the Mistress of Conjuration"

Sat Jan 8 13:13:04 2005

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 24th of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Ciana perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:conjurer
Level:40
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:96

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [None] Ciana the Mistress of Conjurat..., nepenthe, 11-Jan-05 02:00 PM, #6
Reply I had high hopes for you, I liked you a LOT, Granaak (Guest), 09-Jan-05 11:00 AM, #3
Reply Finale, Muuloc, 08-Jan-05 10:56 PM, #1
     Reply I'm still wondering what exactly happened, Restraal (Guest), 09-Jan-05 03:03 AM, #2
          Reply What happened., Ciana (Guest), 11-Jan-05 12:49 AM, #4
               Reply A few things you left out..., Muuloc, 11-Jan-05 03:11 AM, #5

nepentheTue 11-Jan-05 02:00 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#34026, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [None] Ciana the Mistress of Conjurat..."
In response to Reply #0

I saw parts of Ciana's final moments, and I have to admit I'm curious. What I think was going on there, and what Ciana or possibly Ciana's player seems to think was going on there, in several places don't really match up. I'm wondering if the discrepancies (e.g., Ciana says something to the effect, I can't get the Scepter back because W, X, Y, and Z oppose me there, but then I look and it's really only X) are deliberate distortions by the character to make herself look better or whether they're errors in judgement. It's not really important.

A bit of constructive criticism, if you're able to take it as such: I watched Ciana a bit, curious to see how evil conjurers were playing out these days, and the impression I got was that you assumed going into PKs that whoever you were attacking would either be utterly surprised or was completely stupid. When this didn't turn out to be the case, you didn't adjust well and got rolled over. Don't get me wrong; often, your enemies will not be ready to deal with you or will do something really stupid when you attack. It's not necessarily a bad thing to assume your opponent might be surprised or make a mistake and roll the dice and see what happens. You can make a lot of kills that way, especially at the lower levels. But, I think, the higher you level, the less it tends to be true, and the more that underestimating your opponents kicks you in the junk.

Granaak (Guest)Sun 09-Jan-05 11:00 AM

#33933, "I had high hopes for you, I liked you a LOT"
In response to Reply #0

IF what I think happened, is what really happened, I am not pleased in the slightest

MuulocSat 08-Jan-05 10:56 PM
Member since 02nd Dec 2004
53 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33921, "Finale"
In response to Reply #0

Hey Ciana,

That was a tough situation you were in at the end there, and I liked the way you were handling it(except for the deletion). The roleplay was very ballsy. I hope you didn't take it personally, and that you had other reasons for deleting the character.

If you don't want to hash it out on the forum, send me an email. Muuloc@carrionfields.com

Restraal (Guest)Sun 09-Jan-05 03:03 AM

#33925, "I'm still wondering what exactly happened"
In response to Reply #1

Let's see the log?

Ciana (Guest)Tue 11-Jan-05 12:49 AM

#34007, "What happened."
In response to Reply #2

I was regearing thus unable to retrieve, so I spent my time regearing and getting preps. Little scions log on, retrieve, then talk #### about me being a coward. Heroimms back them up, and I call someone out on it. A fight is scheduled, I'm rushed into it (get no good servitors), and high level scion mortals spell up my opponent, gear him up good, and I die. I back admit defeat, and back out of scion + delete.

MuulocTue 11-Jan-05 01:29 PM
Member since 02nd Dec 2004
53 posts
#34011, "A few things you left out..."
In response to Reply #4

I didn't back anyone up. I was just laughing.
You insulted Dreaa, unintentional or not.
You suggested and scheduled the fight. You set the punishment for failure. You pissed off the high level scion mortal before the fight. You chose the wrong servitors(if you ask me).

But as I said it was ballsy and it would have been interesting to see where your roleplay lead if you hadn't deleted. OOC I was trying to find a way to help you out IC, but you were digging your own grave so fast I couldn't find a way.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #33919 Previous topic | Next topic