Subject: "(CON LOSS) [None] Raja the Pathetic and Weak, Betrayer ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #33862
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 06-Jan-05 12:52 AM
Member since 20th Sep 2024
17171 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33862, "(CON LOSS) [None] Raja the Pathetic and Weak, Betrayer of the Matron's Ways, Death-Marked by the Light"

Wed Jan 5 23:52:08 2005

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 27th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Raja perished, never to return.

Race:dark-elf
Class:thief
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:636

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply First Char? Wow., Desmonn (Guest), 17-Jan-05 10:19 PM, #23
Reply RE: First Char? Wow., Raja (Guest), 17-Jan-05 11:37 PM, #24
Reply Raja!, Mostly Harmless, 16-Jan-05 03:40 PM, #18
Reply RE: Raja!, Raja (Guest), 16-Jan-05 05:07 PM, #19
Reply Never would have thought, Kohl (Guest), 16-Jan-05 01:48 PM, #16
Reply RE: Never would have thought, Raja (Guest), 16-Jan-05 05:11 PM, #20
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Raja the Pathetic and Weak, Betra..., Hipsin (Guest), 10-Jan-05 02:13 PM, #9
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Raja the Pathetic and Weak, Betra..., Raja (Guest), 10-Jan-05 06:32 PM, #11
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Raja the Pathetic and Weak, Betra..., Raja (Guest), 06-Jan-05 12:59 AM, #1
     Reply hey, wungar (Guest), 06-Jan-05 01:43 AM, #2
     Reply RE: hey, Raja (Guest), 06-Jan-05 06:34 PM, #3
     Reply Well well well, Damstes (Guest), 09-Jan-05 01:28 AM, #4
     Reply Barfly., Splntrd, 09-Jan-05 02:04 AM, #5
     Reply RE: Barfly., Raja (Guest), 09-Jan-05 07:11 PM, #8
     Reply Goodbye!, DurNominator, 09-Jan-05 10:40 AM, #6
     Reply RE: Goodbye!, Raja (Guest), 09-Jan-05 07:09 PM, #7
     Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Raja the Pathetic and Weak, Betra..., Selessya (Guest), 10-Jan-05 06:03 PM, #10
     Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Raja the Pathetic and Weak, Betra..., Raja (Guest), 10-Jan-05 06:37 PM, #12
     Reply This is Bad, Igarla the Eye (Guest), 11-Jan-05 10:50 AM, #13
     Reply RE: This is Bad, Raja (Guest), 11-Jan-05 12:16 PM, #14
     Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Raja the Pathetic and Weak, Betra..., Jaded Ranger, 12-Jan-05 01:11 AM, #15
          Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Raja the Pathetic and Weak, Betra..., Aira (Guest), 16-Jan-05 01:49 PM, #17
          Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Raja the Pathetic and Weak, Betra..., Raja (Guest), 16-Jan-05 11:18 PM, #22
          Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Raja the Pathetic and Weak, Betra..., Raja (Guest), 16-Jan-05 11:15 PM, #21

Desmonn (Guest)Mon 17-Jan-05 10:19 PM

#34235, "First Char? Wow."
In response to Reply #0

Let me tell you. It was years before I got past level 15 with any of my characters. I was too interested in fighting. Always wanted to be where the action was.

I'll give you one tip. Make a warrior or something and go out and fight. The fact that you stuck it out through all that with your first char amazes me and also makes me wonder. Im getting super tired of logging Desmonn in to find noone to interact with since they are all involved in Cabal wars...or nothing really to do but try and go gather gold and even that has become tiresome. In all honesty...Im hoping to see Seless one more time before I age die but even that seems hopeful *peer Selessya*

Other than that I liked your character although I think she expected people to entertain her all the time. I know that was kind of Raja's schtick but when I wouldnt play along and you would get pissy. It kind went right along with your title. Not that its a reflection on you....its just how Raja came across. I admire the fact you kept with it the whole time. You must be a true actress to keep in char that long.

Other than that..have some fun with this game..dont play another thief...try an assassin. You can still hide but you can also kill. With your patience..you'll probably be pretty deathfull. And as I said...we all meet in another life...so see you in the fields. *wink*

Raja (Guest)Mon 17-Jan-05 11:37 PM

#34238, "RE: First Char? Wow."
In response to Reply #23

Well, I was being to wonder if you were going to write me anything. Does it really suprise you that much that this was my first? Anyway, yeah I got bored with Raja as well. Most of the friends she had in her younger days were gone and most of the others weren't logging in much.

She did expect people to entertain her all the time. Why do you think she hung out at the Inn so much...besides just being lazy in general. Desmonn did entertain her some, but not near enough for her taste. I did have fun hanging out with you most of the time though. I had fun interacting with you.

This whole thing as been fun. I might try a serious assassin when I get bored with my current char. And yes, you said we would meet in another life...I do hope to see you in the fields. Thanks for not letting me get too bored while you were around.

Mostly HarmlessSun 16-Jan-05 03:40 PM
Member since 30th Nov 2003
20 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#34181, "Raja!"
In response to Reply #0

Wow. Coming back after some time away, I was surprised to see your name up here. I'm glad to see that you stuck it out; Alessa would have been proud. Congrats on the first hero, etc. It's quite the accomplishment, especially as a first char, and especially as someone who had so much going against her.

Alessa thought of Raja as a sister. Raja was one of the handful of chars that really defined who Alessa was, and for that I thank you. After playing someone like Alessa, I find it easier to wait until all the old friends die before I try again, because you do form a bond of sorts that isn't easy to dismiss after 500+ hours of playing. As far as I'm concerned, the game isn't worth playing without those friendships. It's a large part of what makes the game fun, and what makes me want to invest several months of my free time sitting in front of the computer.

I do wish that Raja had done more. There was so much potential there that was still to be explored, but that is often the case with a new player who gets noticed. Chalk it up to a learning experience, and I sincerely hope that I see you around again doing bigger and better things. You certainly have it in you.

-----
"In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women, and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri."

Raja (Guest)Sun 16-Jan-05 05:07 PM

#34184, "RE: Raja!"
In response to Reply #18

Raja totally thought of Alessa as a sister. Anytime she needed anything Alessa was always there for her. After so many of Raja's friends had died she just lost hope and didn't feel like herself. You were one of Raja's best friends. Too bad you died so much before her. We did spend a lot of time together though.

Now that Raja is gone I kind of wish I had done more with her. There was so much more that I could have done but just didn't. I hope to see you around again as well. I had lots of fun hanging around you and you taught me quite a bit. Thanks for all the fun times. Hope to see you in the fields.

Kohl (Guest)Sun 16-Jan-05 01:48 PM

#34179, "Never would have thought"
In response to Reply #0

Didn't think you would have lasted this long, I'm glad you did, you would have outlived Kohl anyway. I'm also glad for the time we shared as Kohl and Raja, a pity we both went out with con losses, oh well that's how it goes doesn't it. I apologize if you had thought I had forgotten about you when you had died I didn't, I didn't know until today when I came back to CF for the first time in many months. Anyhow I hope you come back to CF, maybe our chars will meet again who knows, roll the die and find your fate. See ya in the fields

Kohl

Raja (Guest)Sun 16-Jan-05 05:11 PM

#34185, "RE: Never would have thought"
In response to Reply #16

Oh, I was just teasing about that. I'm suprised this many have responded. I'm also glad for the time we shared. It was a lot of fun. I'll be back in the CF. I've already got another char going. Hopefully we'll meet again. Just have to see I guess. Thanks for all the good times.

Hipsin (Guest)Mon 10-Jan-05 02:13 PM

#33979, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Raja the Pathetic and Weak, Betra..."
In response to Reply #0

Farewell,
I had tons of fun watching out for you. Hipsin's whole thing is to watch out for his thieves, and boy, you really kept him busy. From making deals with Scions to leave you alone, to giving stuff to Urog to get hims to leave my thieves, AKA, you alone. I really don't get why you were treated the way you were treated, but I'm also sure I didn't see everything as Hipsin. I talked to most fortress people on your behalf, even up to Shokai. Hipsin's gnomeness really fit well, because Hipsin as a character just doesn't understand good and evil fighting all the time. There were a lot of lightwalkers that I talked into leaving you alone. For a long time there at the end, I considered marrying you with Hipsin, but from an OOC standpoint, it didn't seem right. I don't really know how the marriage thing goes in the game, but I would feel really awkward and weird about any kind of mudsex more than the holding hands we did, which was still sort of weird to me, so I decided to back off in that area. I did put a lot of thought into it though, and in my seven years of playing, you are the only person I have even considered marrying. I hope you have another character, because I guarantee the game can be more fun than what you had with Raja. You got a lot of the harder things to deal with in Carrion thrown at you for your first character, and you stuck with it more than just about any other player would. I am kind of interested to see your premium battlefield immortal comments, because I want to know why they were treating you the way they were. To me, it seemed like you just didn't know what you were supposed to do, and they could have maybe helped you out with some bumps in the right directions, but I obviously don't see the same things they do. Anyway, over his whole life, you were probably Hipsins best friend, and I am sad to see that you are gone. Good luck with your next,
Hipsin

Raja (Guest)Mon 10-Jan-05 06:32 PM

#33989, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Raja the Pathetic and Weak, Betra..."
In response to Reply #9

I had an awesome time running around with you and I learned a whole lot. You were Raja's best friends as well. I enjoyed talking to you and I know you kept a lot of people off my back. Thanks for that. I'm not so sure Raja would have gotten married again. She already had two husbands--which neither have replied to her death, but I had fun hanging out with you and I'll see you in the fields for sure.

Raja (Guest)Thu 06-Jan-05 12:59 AM

#33863, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Raja the Pathetic and Weak, Betra..."
In response to Reply #0

Well, as I'm sure a lot of you noticed, this was my first character. I suppose I was very lucky to have heroed with my first. I had a lot of fun with Raja. I logged on an enourmous amount of hours so if you'll post, I'll try to reply to you. I made some good friends and learned a lot. Hopefully with my next I'll get to explore more without having to worry about dying quickly. In the begining Raja had lots of friends then they started dying on her, but in the end she had a few friends with her. Well, that's about all I have to say. This was an awesome experience.

wungar (Guest)Thu 06-Jan-05 01:43 AM

#33866, "hey"
In response to Reply #1

Nothing against you man but you were death marked so I was bound by my paladinly duty to con kill you, surprised you let me. In your defense everyone loved you and it was hard to justify killing you, if it wasn't for your title i would likely have left you alone more cause you seemed really new and I don't like to discourage new players. Anyways hope you have fun with future chars and here are your last moments. Got to love a double vuln to wrath combined with essence of retribution.

Raja yells 'Die, Wungar, you sorcerous dog!'
You narrow your eyes and glare in Raja's direction.
Raja looks very uncomfortable.
Raja trembles under the force of your wrath as you tear deeply into the soul of
the wicked.
Raja stops following you.
Your heavenly wrath does UNSPEAKABLE things to Raja!
Raja is writhing in agony.

<933/933hp 316/633m 697/868mv (4 PM) 28750tnl> com wrath raja

Raja dodges your beating.
Raja's punch mauls you.
Raja is writhing in agony.

<909/933hp 316/633m 697/868mv (4 PM) 28750tnl> You narrow your eyes and glare in
Raja's direction.
Your heavenly wrath does UNSPEAKABLE things to Raja!
Raja is DEAD!!
You hear Raja's death cry.

Raja (Guest)Thu 06-Jan-05 06:34 PM

#33889, "RE: hey"
In response to Reply #2

Yeah, no hard feelings. I was getting really bored toward the end and I just couldn't delete myself. You're right, most people loved Raja. You were like the only person I knew that actively hunted me, but that's alright.

Damstes (Guest)Sun 09-Jan-05 01:28 AM

#33922, "Well well well"
In response to Reply #1

Heh you sure out lived me, and i died before you did.. hey i just got fed up with my assassin like im sure you got bored of your girl... well im glad that i got to meet you in cf and interact as i did.. well least we got to meet up and get to know each other out side of the relms.. see ya in there again.. cause im stalking you.. hahaha

SplntrdSun 09-Jan-05 02:04 AM
Member since 08th Feb 2004
1096 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33923, "Barfly."
In response to Reply #1

Seriously, I know you wanted to conserve those con points but... you really gotta find something to do other than sit around at the bar. Especially as your first character, there was plenty to discover I hope.

I knew you as Matthen and as Karzalynn... nothing too in-depth, but it was all good times. I was surprised more people like Wungar didn't bother to hunt you down a bit more. With a title like yours, you'd think every macho paladin in Thera would want to impress their god by taking you down a few times. Very well done for your first character though, very successful and well-known and such. You're doing better than I have so far, and I've been playing for four years now. Good luck with your next!

Splntrd

Raja (Guest)Sun 09-Jan-05 07:11 PM

#33941, "RE: Barfly."
In response to Reply #5

It is hard to explore with a thief but oh well. Yeah, I'm suprised more people didn't hunt me. Most people just seemed to like Raja for some reason.

DurNominatorSun 09-Jan-05 10:40 AM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33932, "Goodbye!"
In response to Reply #1

There goes one of the few still living characters Fungor knew. Goodbye and good luck for your next. You were apparently near age death too, as Raja seemed to get a lot of hours as well. Fungor might have died to con as well if he hadn't worn the ring. I hope you learned much as Raja, as I did with Fungor(which was area knowledge and avoiding combat). See you in the fields. And friends dying.. Fungor faced the same thing too, the trick was to find new friends to interact with. Have fun in the fields.

Fungor

Raja (Guest)Sun 09-Jan-05 07:09 PM

#33940, "RE: Goodbye!"
In response to Reply #6

I had fun interacting with you. Thanks for the good times at the Inn. i did learn a few areas and such but it was kind of hard to explore with a thief. See you in the fields.

Selessya (Guest)Mon 10-Jan-05 06:03 PM

#33988, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Raja the Pathetic and Weak, Betra..."
In response to Reply #1

You sure have been around for a while. Always nice to me, and always willing to help with whatever. I like that, and it displayed a good friendship. Selessya had a hard time letting a dark-elf be trusted, but she learned or is learning that races cannot be judged as a whole. There's a lot of "evil" individuals out there who are actually pretty nice and interesting--you being one of them.

On another note: I hated how you would do almost nothing all the time! I wanted you to actually follow through with being redeemed. I thought it was something you wanted, but apparently not. I remember being with you when you got that title. I just stood there thinking to myself, wow, that really isn't good at all. I thought for sure you were going to give up--like the numerous times you said you were going to--because of the bad title. Just seemed harsh. But I discussed it with a few others, and it was agreed that the harshness of the title was to try and get you off your bum girl! Sadly, things seemed sort of dead-end, in my point of view.

Anyways, it was always nice to see you around. I knew that when I saw you, I'd have a trusted friend nearby, and those can be rare. Thanks for the times we spent.

Selessya Kinnt

Raja (Guest)Mon 10-Jan-05 06:37 PM

#33990, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Raja the Pathetic and Weak, Betra..."
In response to Reply #10

Raja was lazy. There is no denying it. At a young age she had almost everything given to her, so it didn't change when she got older. I started the whole redemption thing when I wanted to become a Herald, but after Cadothu and Alessa died Raja didn't care about it anymore.

You and a few others were the only friends Raja had left. It was nice meeting you. I knew you didn't like me at first, and I wasn't real sure you ever truely trusted me. Thanks for all the goods times. See you in the fields.

Igarla the Eye (Guest)Tue 11-Jan-05 10:50 AM

#34020, "This is Bad"
In response to Reply #1

Loved you...Had the most fun when we were around in the early days. I hope you donated all the gold I gave to you before I left. I didnt know you were dying of CONLOSS, we could have done something. Have fun. I am trying to quit CF. Logged in yesterday after 10 days for 15 minutes. I am trying hard and its hard to quit. Anyways see ya around or email me smusabkhalil@gmail.com

Raja (Guest)Tue 11-Jan-05 12:16 PM

#34022, "RE: This is Bad"
In response to Reply #13

I gave the gold to Desmonn to give to people to join the guild or donate it himself. Anyway, I went looking to lose the last two points of my con. I had gotten bored. Most of friends I had in my younger days had died or not logging on much. I always had fun when you were around though. Like that time when you bought Cadothu's body and soul and gave it to me. That was awesome. Thanks for all the good times.

Jaded RangerWed 12-Jan-05 01:11 AM
Member since 21st Jul 2004
26 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#34047, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Raja the Pathetic and Weak, Betra..."
In response to Reply #1

I liked our interactions pal. Hope you had fun and good luck in the future. I've been out of the equation lately but hit my aim if you like and we can chat a bit.

-Hytelia
aim: JadedRangerCF

Aira (Guest)Sun 16-Jan-05 01:49 PM

#34180, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Raja the Pathetic and Weak, Betra..."
In response to Reply #15

Remember that time when we... wait... we usually sat in the Inn and laughed together, or had drama centered around Kohl. I made him lose atleast one con point. Heh.

You were fun to be with, and I'm entirely greatful for you dealing with Aira, and helping me when you should've kicked me in the face and told me to get the hell out.

See you around, hopefully

...and seeing as how I've quit CF, I don't think me handing out me aim sn is that big of a deal: Millso7

Raja (Guest)Sun 16-Jan-05 11:18 PM

#34190, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Raja the Pathetic and Weak, Betra..."
In response to Reply #17

We did hang out at the Inn a lot. Good to see I wasn't the only one who would stay at the Inn 90% of the time. Good to see you could deal with Raja as well.

Raja (Guest)Sun 16-Jan-05 11:15 PM

#34189, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Raja the Pathetic and Weak, Betra..."
In response to Reply #15

Thanks for helping me rank so much. I enjoyed our interactions as well.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #33862 Previous topic | Next topic