Subject: "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Arisnus Ferin the Legend of the B..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #33209
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 08-Dec-04 05:16 PM
Member since 21st Sep 2024
17172 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33209, "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Arisnus Ferin the Legend of the Battlefield"

Tue Dec 7 20:05:27 2004

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 26th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Arisnus perished, never to return.

Race:storm
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:336

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply It was fun.., Arisnus (Guest), 08-Dec-04 06:11 AM, #8
Reply Sorry about the time at the mountain., Bajula, 08-Dec-04 08:51 AM, #3
Reply RE: It was fun.., Tjok. (Guest), 08-Dec-04 11:22 AM, #4
Reply RE: It was fun.., Krystia (Guest), 08-Dec-04 12:32 PM, #5
Reply Oh sure, leave the angry cloud out, Karrel (Guest), 08-Dec-04 03:52 PM, #6
Reply Oops, Arisnus (Guest), 08-Dec-04 04:23 PM, #7
Reply Goodbye!, Agantas (Guest), 08-Dec-04 06:38 PM, #9
Reply You were tough, Arisnus (Guest), 09-Dec-04 09:12 AM, #12
     Reply Wrong shifter, buddy. I'm the cobra guy., Agantas (Guest), 10-Dec-04 05:58 PM, #14
Reply It was rather fun, Ceie (Guest), 09-Dec-04 01:21 AM, #10
Reply It was good., Thays (Guest), 09-Dec-04 03:39 AM, #11
Reply RE: It was fun.., Amaranthe, 09-Dec-04 12:01 PM, #13
Reply I live to entertain..., Jaeiin (Guest), 11-Dec-04 06:28 AM, #15
Reply RE: It was fun.., Llovansetgal (Guest), 11-Dec-04 04:49 PM, #16
     Reply Hmm, Arisnus (Guest), 12-Dec-04 02:18 PM, #17
          Reply Correction, LLovansetgal (Guest), 12-Dec-04 03:45 PM, #18
Reply RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Arisnus Ferin the Legend of t..., Viviarong (Guest), 08-Dec-04 02:26 AM, #2
Reply RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Arisnus Ferin the Legend of t..., Tiriundrun (Guest), 07-Dec-04 09:45 PM, #1

Arisnus (Guest)Wed 08-Dec-04 05:16 PM

#33218, "It was fun.."
In response to Reply #0

Didn't have a role, just made a storm warrior to see how far I could go. Alyana auto'd before I even got a chance to talk to her, but Andrlos helped me a lot, by talking to me and inducting me when I was ready.

This was just one outlander in a long line of sylvans/outlanders. I would have liked to stick around, but it got to the point where nobody would even fight me. Lowbies would be sent to raid, and lots of people wouldn't bother to defend against me (unless they had guards to tank).

I wasn't the perfect goodie outlander, and I really didn't deserve SunWarden. But Outlander needs a SunWarden. I made a lot of people angry for many reasons, but most of the time it just made me giggle. I didn't role Arisnus to make other people have fun, I did it so I could have fun.

Anyhow.. I'll write a few goodbyes. I'm going to forget a lot of people, but drop me a line and I'll reply.

Outlanders:

Tjok - It was a lot of fun. There wasn't much we couldn't do, and we usually knew what we couldn't do before we tried it. I didn't think you'd outlive me, but you're too damn tough to die.

Krystia - Shame you deleted, you made the cabal SO much stronger with your presence. You made things interesting, and I liked the way you didn't trust *anyone* who wasn't in the cabal. You were a good Outlander.

Thays - Was a lot of fun seeing you go up in the levels. You remind me of an old Sylvan.. but we should just leave it at that. A lot of balls, and you pick yourself up when you die with no complaints. Solid char.

Thresinok - A beast. Shame you aren't around anymore. We were deadly together, and I loved hearing people whine when we killed them together. I wanted to duel you some day, but it seems it won't happen now.

Yisoras - You'll probably be the next SunWarden. I'd like to see it, anyway. Towards the end (when you were a higher level) you threw some pretty tough raids in our favor. Keep it up.

Jaeiin - My favorite bard. When things got dull you'd say something to lighten the mood. Your character.. leaks atmosphere. Shame I won't be around when you start fiending Klendalstak (cause it's going to be sick).

Caru - Saved my ass a few times, and made raids easier. Didn't learn much about your religion, but I kind of wish I had now. Keep it up I guess.

I know I'm forgetting loads of Outlanders, but there's been so many..

Now to the enemies

Tribunal has become what Empire used to be. They used to be scary because of their guards and manacles and what have you. Now they're pretty scarce and take to defending the spire rather than the city when I came about. Whatever..

Salsipuedes - You got the short end of the stick. Was fun though, hope you enjoyed some of it anyway.

Klendalstak - Too much to say without assassinating your character.. but as for your OOC comment that I show up once in an "elven week", you're pretty full of yourself. I showed up at least 5 times a week, not counting the times I'd log off/on for a break. You go OOC too much, you have no roleplay to speak of, and you're a gigantic ####. Vindicators shouldn't hide in the spire when a lone criminal comes near. I don't know how you got vindicator hiding behind four sets of guards and the executioner when you outnumbered me in your own town.. but maybe you were the best one for the job.

Zachaury - Sorry we didn't have a *real* talk, but you got on my nerves real easily. You were actually a tough opponent, and it's a shame you left the spire. Why you'd do a 180 after leaving it, and start helping me or what have you, I don't know. I always thought it was pretty deceitful, but I'm sure you had your reasons.

Althrsis - Tough. Bastard.

Empire: Empire was the tough cabal this time around. Quite a surprise. You guys had a lot to put up with, with all your enemies, but the majority of you would stick it out, even alone.

Ceiekelak - Good fights, too bad we didn't have more. We were pretty evenly matched. Think you deserve Emporer, and good luck with it.

Dzegef - You had the right idea for a cabal that's having trouble with the giant-filled Outlander. You'll go far if you stick it out.

Mlyarir - One of the few people I really feared. Shame you deleted.

Scion: I don't see why you guys got so angry when I fought you. I'm a storm giant, you should expect it. Just cause I was an Outlander doesen't mean we were allies, even if we did fight common enemies.

Well, that's about it. I will say, however, that despite my lack of remorse for killing goodies, I didn't kill all that many. I left dwarves and paladins alone, as well as most conjies.

And for once, I won't be back as an Outlander.

Tichnikil/Eschkitzko/Eclinsan/Ehlimsron/Arisnus/too many others in the same cabals.

BajulaWed 08-Dec-04 08:51 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
929 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33219, "Sorry about the time at the mountain."
In response to Reply #8

Dremkal really liked your character btw- even then.
To be honest though, it looked like an attack from my perspective
and with all the junk on my screen I just hit the button.
then drove you elsewhere.
and I was trying to talk them into ranking elsewhere. Which we
did do.
(besides blunt vuln is not good for ranking there)
rofl

anyway was always fun.
see ya around.

Tjok. (Guest)Wed 08-Dec-04 11:22 AM

#33220, "RE: It was fun.."
In response to Reply #8

The cool thing about playing this character for so long is I got to play the game with a lot of new people. You're one of those - I don't think I've ever been in the same cabal as one of your characters, but it sure was fun having Arisnus around.

Thanks for the fun and see you around.

Krystia (Guest)Wed 08-Dec-04 12:32 PM

#33221, "RE: It was fun.."
In response to Reply #8

>>Shame you deleted, you made the cabal SO much stronger with your presence. You made things interesting, and I liked the way you didn't trust *anyone* who wasn't in the cabal. You were a good Outlander.

I loved Arisnus and the way he always blushed. Made me curious as to why he'd do that. Because Krystia was the first healer I ever played and the first successful empowered character, I didn't know what to do with her. Plus, it was always boring. Whenever you were around, I would latch on (unless Tjok was around as well) so that I could have some fun. Otherwise, too boring to play. I have fun slaying things. Anyway, loved Arisnus so very much! Together, we could defeat anything. I look forward to your next Outlander incarnation. Try a healer!

Karrel (Guest)Wed 08-Dec-04 03:52 PM

#33240, "Oh sure, leave the angry cloud out"
In response to Reply #8

I liked seeing you around. You took your licks but kept going. I like that, and Karrel likes that as a character. Anyway, you were always one who could turn the tide around if you were about, thats cool to see.

good work,
Karrel

Arisnus (Guest)Wed 08-Dec-04 04:23 PM

#33243, "Oops"
In response to Reply #6

You were a solid outlander, if you were naked you'd grab a few pieces
of gear and a weapon and keep going. Hope you stick around for a
while, Outlander will need you.

Agantas (Guest)Wed 08-Dec-04 06:38 PM

#33249, "Goodbye!"
In response to Reply #8

Beating you to convulsing at the executioner was just what I needed to get my confindence up after being killed by bard-prepped Tjok at the same situation. I had fought you before with three other magistrates(we were defending), and we killed you that time. However, in that fight, Klendalstak told us how dangerous opponent you were, which made me want to stay at the executioner so when I was defending alone(or was there one lowbie Trib, I don't remember), and managed to send you fleeing without the scales, I felt that my character wasn't completely useless. So, thanks for the fight. Good luck on your next!

Agantas

PS. Good work with the developing flame, Imms. I was reading those when you deleted them.

Arisnus (Guest)Thu 09-Dec-04 09:12 AM

#33262, "You were tough"
In response to Reply #9

You were impossible for me to kill, and you'd wear me down real quick.

My biggest strength was massive damage, and seeing demos and devas become hits and grazes on you made me rethink a lot of things.

Just wish you woulda fought me as the hyena a bit more often, but the croc made my day a lot more interesting.

Well done, keep it up.

Agantas (Guest)Fri 10-Dec-04 05:58 PM

#33308, "Wrong shifter, buddy. I'm the cobra guy."
In response to Reply #12

If it had been impossible for you to kill me, I wouldn't have had to hide in the Spire in the first place. I was the cobra, who killed you and Carubahdeh once(didn't land the last blow, a guard did that, and I was more like a statist in that fight) with Ubivec and Klendalstak when defending Spire. But the fight that I beat you convulsing was me, executioner and guards, and believe me, you did hurt me that time too, though not badly enough for me to be near death, you fled and got away, but I wasn't sorry about that, as I won(which returned my faith in my char, as I wasn't able to win in that same situation against bard-prepped Tjok). So, thanks for that. See you in the fields. While I had probably overestimated your flurry, I think you might have won, had I come to the captain.

Agantas

Ceie (Guest)Thu 09-Dec-04 01:21 AM

#33256, "It was rather fun"
In response to Reply #8

I enjoyed our fights quite a bit, even when we both made mistakes, heh.
I was planning on posting my perspective of them as well as many other fights when this char is done, but sadly all my logs got destroyed when I messed up copying them to disk before reformatting my computer(damned spyware and popups).
Well anyways, good job on all I saw with the char, see you in the fields, heh maybe as an ally this time!

Thays (Guest)Thu 09-Dec-04 03:39 AM

#33258, "It was good."
In response to Reply #8

Well i'll say I wasn't that Sylvan. Well I wish you stuck around a bit longer. And please come back to Outlander. We need as many goodies as we can get. But you knew a hell of a lot. And you were a tank. We had good times, you'll be missed. Good character, hope to see you in the fields.

AmarantheThu 09-Dec-04 12:01 PM
Member since 17th Mar 2003
536 posts
#33266, "RE: It was fun.."
In response to Reply #8

You know, I had a lot of people asking me why Arisnus wasn't made Sunwarden. The general presumption is that if you have someone who is around long enough and there is no better option, why not?

But, you seem to have a pretty good self-assessment, so this is more of a response to others who may wonder why, as there is a reason - and it wasn't just out of neglect.

I thought you were an asset to the cabal - you were fairly gutsy and action-wise, did everything I'd hope an Outlander would be willing to do. However, after watching you for many hours, I never saw anything inspirational roleplaying-wise.. nothing OOC mind you, just nothing inspirational, and no role. This made it exceedingly difficult to determine whether you would exercise good judgement or even enjoy the "leader duties" of interviewing and such. On a few occasions you were put in the position of talking to applicants or new members, and your approach seemed rushed and disinterested. Thus, making you Sunwarden would have just been "because there's no one else", and that wasn't a reason I was comfortable with, *especially* for Sunwarden, with the more lofty ideals that go with the good-aligned members of the cabal.

So, I'm glad you realize you didn't deserve to be Sunwarden, as I did wonder if you just felt like you were getting the shaft. This isn't really a reflection of you as a "bad character". That whole leader gig isn't really something that can fit every playstyle.

Jaeiin (Guest)Sat 11-Dec-04 06:28 AM

#33321, "I live to entertain..."
In response to Reply #8

Sadly.

Glad I could lighten up your day and I don't think I'd reveal too much now by saying this, but I think I'm becoming the of

:s

'cept unlike heralds I'm good with dates and actually do something outside the bar. *duck jynx*

The whole giant-sword-spec was great power to have, if you'd put it to a role you likely would have lasted soooo much longer. I know it was the sort of half-throw-away-giant thing but if you'd even had a simple role I could grasp we could have gone on for hours. Next time you do a throw away, go for the role anyhoo. Something just like 'I'm more storm giant than your mother' would do it. Thanks for helping out and about, and yeah... I already fiended the Vindicator. Go for PBF, I'm betting you had some real great pk stats.

Jaeiin

Llovansetgal (Guest)Sat 11-Dec-04 04:49 PM

#33334, "RE: It was fun.."
In response to Reply #8

You seemed to last a long time. Initially, didnt have any qualms with you, but your attitude shone through and after a few snide remarks I decided to kill you. Not alot you can do agaisnt a fully prepped Tiger, but you made it a good chase. Same role-play from all of your characters..... you might want to try playing something more humble. The Scions enjoyed all your gear though.

Arisnus (Guest)Sun 12-Dec-04 02:18 PM

#33340, "Hmm"
In response to Reply #16

-Not alot you can do agaisnt a fully prepped Tiger, but you made it a good chase.

Considering you were fighting me with Mlyarir, and I teleported while wounded with no weapon/blind and no potions in my inventory, I'd say no, there wasn't a lot I could do.

-Same role-play from all of your characters..... you might want to try playing something more humble.

Naw, I don't play for you, I play for me.

-The Scions enjoyed all your gear though.

I'm sure they did. It's kind of sickening seeing 3 people going after my suit when they didn't even kill me, but I figured if they found it they could have it.

LLovansetgal (Guest)Sun 12-Dec-04 03:45 PM

#33341, "Correction"
In response to Reply #17

Considering you were fighting me with Mlyarir, and I teleported while wounded with no weapon/blind and no potions in my inventory, I'd say no, there wasn't a lot I could do.

-I was Not with Mlyarir, in fact I killed him a few times and he didnt like me much either. I wasnt just refering to that one event when I said there wasnt much you could do. Anytime I would prep and attack you would just flee and teleport/hide after realizing warcry and flurry wasnt going to scratch me too much. Nothing personal, i just didnt like the attitude of your character and its coming across in my posting here.

Viviarong (Guest)Wed 08-Dec-04 02:26 AM

#33217, "RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Arisnus Ferin the Legend of t..."
In response to Reply #0

I'm going to miss you.

My playing times never was any where close to the other outlanders in general but I loved it when you were around. Somehow it felt like you and Tjok together made a two man army that could raid against allmost any ods. In general when I logged in and you + Tjok would be online, I would be greeted with perfect now we have someone to defend, we take tha codex, or we take the scales heh Quite the moral boost for the lowbies in the cabal...

You will be missed by many in the refuge. Just a pity I have limited time playing, got a ####load at work before xmas, thats why I dont have a steady schedule with online time.

See you in the fields..... Good luck with your next!

Tiriundrun (Guest)Tue 07-Dec-04 09:45 PM

#33210, "RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Arisnus Ferin the Legend of t..."
In response to Reply #0

*sigh* You will be missed. I don't know what to say
your char kicked butt! I even had two eagle marked swords
for you as well! ended up giving them away after i found
out you deleted but grr! Anyhoo come back to us! New changes
to manacles so mage is a lot more available *hint hint wink wink*
could use a transmuter

Anyways see you in the fields
Tiri

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #33209 Previous topic | Next topic