Subject: "(CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Shanta Bakn the Hand of the Unseen,..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #32919
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 30-Nov-04 11:36 AM
Member since 21st Sep 2024
17172 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32919, "(CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Shanta Bakn the Hand of the Unseen, Imperial Shadow Lord"

Tue Nov 30 10:36:39 2004

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 14th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Shanta perished, never to return.

Race:duergar
Class:thief
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:406

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Well, sorry this is a little late, Desmonn Kinnt (Guest), 05-Dec-04 07:27 PM, #75
Reply Bye, Shanta!, Fungor. (Guest), 01-Dec-04 04:07 PM, #54
Reply Fungor, Death Kitty, 01-Dec-04 06:02 PM, #58
     Reply Fungor was not a lightwalker, Fungor. (Guest), 02-Dec-04 04:50 AM, #61
Reply As far as imperials go.., Martoonie (Guest), 01-Dec-04 03:06 PM, #53
Reply Ansrtril, Death Kitty, 01-Dec-04 05:51 PM, #57
     Reply RE: Ansrtril, Martoonie (Guest), 02-Dec-04 09:45 AM, #63
Reply You were responsible for one of my most gratifying mome..., Lucrucien (Guest), 01-Dec-04 01:53 AM, #48
Reply Lucrucien, Death Kitty, 01-Dec-04 05:27 PM, #56
     Reply Death Kitty, Lucrucien (Guest), 01-Dec-04 09:25 PM, #60
Reply As Darujhisa the AP, Narissa, 30-Nov-04 09:53 PM, #41
Reply Darujhisa, Death Kitty, 30-Nov-04 11:35 PM, #44
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Shanta Bakn the Hand of the Uns..., Illiet (Guest), 30-Nov-04 03:27 PM, #22
Reply Illiet, Death Kitty, 30-Nov-04 03:37 PM, #24
     Reply RE: Illiet, Sadly (Guest), 30-Nov-04 04:04 PM, #26
          Reply Bah last one should go under my name n/t, Illiet (Guest), 30-Nov-04 04:06 PM, #27
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Shanta Bakn the Hand of the Uns..., Dzegef (Guest), 30-Nov-04 02:43 PM, #12
Reply Dzegef, Death Kitty, 30-Nov-04 02:58 PM, #15
     Reply RE: Dzegef, Dzegef (Guest), 30-Nov-04 03:02 PM, #16
Reply Re:, Urog, 30-Nov-04 01:44 PM, #6
Reply Urog, Death Kitty, 30-Nov-04 01:49 PM, #7
Reply First character to ever con die..., Death Kitty, 30-Nov-04 12:52 PM, #1
     Reply That was certainly a perverse goodbye, Restraal (Guest), 30-Nov-04 01:14 PM, #2
     Reply I liked Shanta, Khasotholas, 30-Nov-04 01:15 PM, #3
     Reply Good work, Arrazn (Guest), 30-Nov-04 02:11 PM, #10
          Reply Arrazn, Death Kitty, 30-Nov-04 02:17 PM, #11
     Reply RE: First character to ever con die..., Zukir (Guest), 30-Nov-04 01:16 PM, #4
     Reply Zukir, Death Kitty, 30-Nov-04 01:44 PM, #5
     Reply Quick note re: Scions:, Valguarnera, 30-Nov-04 01:53 PM, #8
     Reply Scions..., Death Kitty, 30-Nov-04 02:10 PM, #9
          Reply Titles, Khasotholas, 30-Nov-04 07:50 PM, #39
          Reply Re: Hand of the Unseen, Zulghinlour, 30-Nov-04 11:50 PM, #46
               Reply titles in general, Death Kitty, 01-Dec-04 12:06 AM, #47
                    Reply At this point you should understand that, EvilOutlander (Guest), 01-Dec-04 09:41 AM, #49
                    Reply I'll bite, Khasotholas, 01-Dec-04 11:33 AM, #51
                    Reply RE: I'll bite, Zargu, 01-Dec-04 05:22 PM, #55
                         Reply beceause ?, yawn (Guest), 02-Dec-04 03:06 PM, #67
                    Reply Geez... be a jackass nt, Kazadann (Guest), 01-Dec-04 06:08 PM, #59
                    Reply Ok..., Mek (Guest), 02-Dec-04 11:47 AM, #66
                    Reply RE: titles in general, Eskelian1 (Guest), 01-Dec-04 10:57 AM, #50
          Reply RE: Scions..., Dreaa, 30-Nov-04 10:52 PM, #43
          Reply Disagree, Nivek1, 01-Dec-04 12:53 PM, #52
          Reply Case in point..., Aytak (Guest), 03-Dec-04 09:37 PM, #68
               Reply Aytak, Death Kitty, 04-Dec-04 03:28 AM, #69
     Reply Heh., Bajula, 30-Nov-04 02:45 PM, #13
     Reply Dremkal, Death Kitty, 30-Nov-04 02:53 PM, #14
          Reply Shanta, Bajula, 30-Nov-04 05:45 PM, #33
     Reply Thanks for the chats., Vipeta (Guest), 30-Nov-04 03:08 PM, #17
     Reply Vipeta, Death Kitty, 30-Nov-04 03:19 PM, #20
          Reply RE: Vipeta, Vipeta (Guest), 30-Nov-04 04:37 PM, #29
               Reply Oh, and eavesdrop rocks... i know. nt, Vipeta (Guest), 30-Nov-04 04:40 PM, #30
     Reply Heh. I feel like #### now., Alathin (Guest), 30-Nov-04 03:17 PM, #18
     Reply Alathin, Death Kitty, 30-Nov-04 03:24 PM, #21
          Reply Trust me, we knew you were with Denower. The ruins thou..., Alathin (Guest), 30-Nov-04 09:39 PM, #40
     Reply heh, Kherad (Guest), 30-Nov-04 03:19 PM, #19
     Reply Kherad, Death Kitty, 30-Nov-04 03:28 PM, #23
          Reply RE: Kherad, Kherad (Guest), 30-Nov-04 05:45 PM, #34
               Reply Well let me tell you how it feels..., Astillian, 30-Nov-04 10:16 PM, #42
                    Reply Astillian, Death Kitty, 30-Nov-04 11:47 PM, #45
     Reply RE: First character to ever con die..., Tjok. (Guest), 30-Nov-04 03:56 PM, #25
     Reply Tjok, Death Kitty, 30-Nov-04 04:07 PM, #28
     Reply I hated you so bad, Arisnus (Guest), 30-Nov-04 05:06 PM, #31
     Reply Arisnus, Death Kitty, 30-Nov-04 05:42 PM, #32
     Reply Beardless bitch!, Jhishesh, 30-Nov-04 05:46 PM, #35
     Reply Jhishesh, Death Kitty, 30-Nov-04 06:09 PM, #37
     Reply Good Work, Karrel (Guest), 30-Nov-04 06:06 PM, #36
     Reply Karrel, Death Kitty, 30-Nov-04 06:14 PM, #38
     Reply RE: First character to ever con die..., Bahear (Guest), 02-Dec-04 05:56 AM, #62
     Reply Bahear, Death Kitty, 04-Dec-04 03:43 AM, #72
     Reply I both hated you and loved you., Kedewyn (Guest), 02-Dec-04 09:58 AM, #64
     Reply Kedewyn, Death Kitty, 04-Dec-04 03:38 AM, #71
          Reply RE: Kedewyn, Kedewyn (Guest), 04-Dec-04 09:16 AM, #73
     Reply Nice character, Lightmaged (Guest), 02-Dec-04 11:00 AM, #65
          Reply Sylvaz, Death Kitty, 04-Dec-04 03:34 AM, #70
               Reply RE: Sylvaz, Lightmaged (Guest), 04-Dec-04 03:17 PM, #74

Desmonn Kinnt (Guest)Sun 05-Dec-04 07:27 PM

#33149, "Well, sorry this is a little late"
In response to Reply #0

I always liked seeing you about cuz I knew you might have
something for me to buy. But like Urog..I never trusted
you too much. Just a thing with thieves. I dont trust
any other thieves. But good job on your character and
I'll have you know that looting you and Urog when I was about
rank 10 is the only reason I stuck this thief out. Im glad
I did. Its been one of my more rewarding characters.

Desmonn

Fungor. (Guest)Wed 01-Dec-04 04:07 PM

#32997, "Bye, Shanta!"
In response to Reply #0

Shanta and Urog were the main diplomatical trade goods of Fungor, when dealing with individuals from other Cabals, such as Ragers, who often asked whether you or Urog were in Thera(applied to Illiet too, when Fungor was very old). And I always told them if you were there or not. Shanta was one of the few characters I actively hunted(Fungor actively hunts Shanta=Fungor makes an idle walk from Inn to Hamsah and from Hamsah to Galadon to see if he can find Shanta to fight her). I managed to find you once, leading to me getting jacked and you stealing Amathyllar. Well done.

Have fun with your next.

Fungor

Death KittyWed 01-Dec-04 06:02 PM
Member since 24th Sep 2004
27 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33004, "Fungor"
In response to Reply #54

Don't guess we ever really had a pk in any of our fights, not that I can recall. So for that I will say, well done. You were a lightwalker, so that meant, I didn't like ya. I would steal off of anyone, long as it didn't break Imperial Law, especially a lightwalker. Good times.

The Shanta

Fungor. (Guest)Thu 02-Dec-04 04:50 AM

#33010, "Fungor was not a lightwalker"
In response to Reply #58

"You were a lightwalker, so that meant, I didn't like ya."

Wrong. Fungor was sphere Balance... True neutral and passionately impartial. Imperials had treated Fungor badly, which is why Fungor did not like Imperials, no other reason for that. Fungor also disliked and distrusted all duergar exept Hedda, whom he considered as a friend, and knowing Hedda reduced Fungor's dislike toward the duergar, which could have opened a chance for Fungor and Shanta to be in friendly terms, as Fungor tended to be very forgiving. Had I been a lightwalker, Fungor would have hunted Shanta with a real effort, not with "I hunt Shanta with idle walk because I am bored and have nothing else to do and I give up if I do not find her immediately"-mentality. I hunted Shanta maybe once or twice, which was a lot of hunting for Fungor(and that too when I). My argument was when it came to fighting the Empire: "The Fortress of Light is strong. Let marans do the fighting.", as Fungor wasn't a PK-character, as I had figured that I need to find my way in Thera before I can start to think about PK, and an impartial Herald was good for that. Fungor didn't really consider Shanta as his enemy.

Fungor

Martoonie (Guest)Wed 01-Dec-04 03:06 PM

#32994, "As far as imperials go.."
In response to Reply #0

You and Urog were a constant source of pain/entertainment for Ansrtril. You were always great on catching me just as preps fell and some of my more memorable and close fights came against you two. You, Jhishesh, Urog (Though slightly less so.) and Blitzenturt were always a great fight waiting to happen. I truly wish in between the course of our meeles we had spoken more often other than the 'I'm going to kill you.' or 'Take the oath.' bit from both our sides. You played her well and I offer you my kudos on presenting me with such a fine challenge. I remember beating you once on West Dairein and even Eshval commented on how close I was pushing it. (I can only assume it was my bloodlust for you and Urog that provoked her saying so.) Says something about the type of foe you were capable of being at times when you weren't making some blantant mistakes. (Believe me I was notorious for them myself.) Well done, Shanta and thank you.

Martoonie

Death KittyWed 01-Dec-04 05:51 PM
27 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33003, "Ansrtril"
In response to Reply #53

I have never understood being a Herald. The whole concept boggles me, but the fact is, I am glad you all are around. Every one of you offer something to CF, and for that I say thanks. I have never been banned from the ES with any character that I can remember, and no matter what anyone says, you can't steal in that place. You can, however, always find a mark there.

We had some good times didn't we. I remember dying to all of you in a raid, and thinking OMG I hope no one seen that. How embarrasing is that? I also remember eavesdropping on you and discovering you couldn't sing anymore, oh what glee. I've played a bard that lost the joy to sing, and man it sucks.

One thing though, why did Eshval always seem to mess with me while I was there? He even transferred me one day. My jaw dropped thinking I was in the realm of the dead, but instead I was in Galadon, man what a relief. I've seen the ROTD probably more than anyone who plays CF. I had one character returned from it five times, before being denied the sixth time. Good times.

ps I can think of only three ways you can steal in the ES, but I ain't telling.

The Shanta

Martoonie (Guest)Thu 02-Dec-04 09:45 AM

#33014, "RE: Ansrtril"
In response to Reply #57

As for why you were cast out of the Inn while I was talking to Eshval, you would have to ask her for a complete explanation, but if I were to wager a guess it would be because she and I were having quite an in depth conversation about my art and the religion and you kept interjecting with remarks that, were I Immortal, would have found annoying. You made yourself a bother and she puts up with very little when it comes to her followers - on either aspect. We are expected to do X and those that screw with us are summarily dealt with. As Eshval is fond of saying - There are far worse things than death. I think she went easy on you.

Martoonie

Lucrucien (Guest)Wed 01-Dec-04 01:53 AM

#32982, "You were responsible for one of my most gratifying mome..."
In response to Reply #0

I think you remember the incident. Mind if I post the log? You were very annoying and I was alway carful when you and Jhishesh set up camp in the bloated whalehouse. Good thief.

Just curious. Something you say earlier lead me to think you also played Jornada. This true?

Death KittyWed 01-Dec-04 05:27 PM
27 posts
#33001, "Lucrucien"
In response to Reply #48

Lucrucien was great. I truely enjoyed it when you were on. Don't get me wrong, duergar shaman is lethal, but man ain't nothing like finding someone you can consistantly steal good things from. It was like playing the lottery, didn't know what I was stealing, but sometimes it was good. I was a bit surprised though, many many times I chased you around, and you would just run into your guild after five laps around Galadon. What was up with that? Shanta would have befriended Lucrucien, but I think we got off on the wrong foot.

I also played Jornada. I remember the first time you approached me, I thought ####, is this guy gonna kill me? But surprisingly you befriended me. I thought we had an odd relationship, as we spoke early of my plans to be the War Master and your obvious lack of love for anything. I knew we were two very different characters, going to lead very different lives. I had the utmost respect for you from day one, as you were the priest of the Devil himself. I always wondered when our day would come. That day you were gonna keep some of my items, I thought man this is it. But surprsingly you returned them, I was shocked. I was always ready to tell my fellow imperials that you were the priest of a deadly deity, and amused to hear them talk about you.

It was fun from both points of view. Thanks alot for interacting with both my characters.

ps Hell ya, show all the logs you got. I'd love to see me getting run out of moves, without a return potion. Yep alot of my deaths, including my final one, could have been avoided with just a simple return potion.

The Shanta

Lucrucien (Guest)Wed 01-Dec-04 09:25 PM

#33008, "Death Kitty"
In response to Reply #56

I really enjoyed Jornada. Good character. I try to help you as much as I can at the time because I like your roleplay. We met while we both were young and I had just been empowered. You were about the only companion I had for many year. I loved how you talked about me and told me what the other imperials were saying, like Jordathikor and others. Gave me lots to keep busy with. Was sad to see you go but such is life.

Shanta on the other hand was a pain. If I remember, you attacked me first so you made the fight come on. I was very careful of you because you told me directly that you would have no problem ganging me down. When Lothorectred or Jhishesh were around with you, was a lot, I took extra care. Yuo stole lots from me but when I managed to get you back twice, was very fun time for me. I didn't like that you call me pansy all the time when I drop all my things and attack you and you got mad that you can not steal anything, but that is your roleplay I think. I was very surprised to find out you played both characters. I would like to say more but I am still alive so I will leave it like that. I don't have time to play right now but hopefully I come back soon. Good characters and was fun interacting with you both.

NarissaTue 30-Nov-04 09:53 PM
Member since 04th May 2003
279 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32973, "As Darujhisa the AP"
In response to Reply #0

I hated you to the core, simply because you jacked me numerous times and spilled all my contents on the ground. And then you sacrifice my sack, making the whole room full of items. This caused me to look and re-look at the important items and then you'll backstab me but flee/knife away.

Whenever I notice you around, I'll be off buying lots of flying potions. Lots.

Stupid thieves.

Death KittyTue 30-Nov-04 11:35 PM
27 posts
#32977, "Darujhisa"
In response to Reply #41

Yep, thats what I did. Taking a container and destroying it is a personal glory. I know how aggrevating it is, and that was the point. Most times I sac'd them, and grabbed what I wanted if I had time. Thanks for playing.

The Shanta

Illiet (Guest)Tue 30-Nov-04 03:27 PM

#32944, "RE: (CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Shanta Bakn the Hand of the Uns..."
In response to Reply #0

Hmmm donno why but I dislike you in char you always forced me to work at my donations and I've never have time for it because pk pk pk pk
thanks you didn't demote me but and our last meeting I was ready to kill you because I got lagged like a hell and you give me one order and one order and one more order ) and with my lags I could not even answer you.
P.S. Luck you with your next.

Death KittyTue 30-Nov-04 03:37 PM
27 posts
#32946, "Illiet"
In response to Reply #22

Don't know what to say about you. You held your place in the Shadow sect by sheer circumstance. I so wanted a reason to demote you. You were made Elite the same time I was by an Immortal. Which in itself pissed me off, cause you are far from Elite. You play as if you are new to CF or perhaps young in general. I gave orders to many, and I'd say you are probably the luckiest out of all of my Shadows. If any of them had came to fullfill the requirements you would have been demoted in an instant. Infact, I was hoping you wouldn't gather the donations, just so I could demote you.

Don't want to flame, just wanted to make it clear. You were given more chances than any other Shadow to make good. I was really proud of you the day you came back with Scepter. Luck back at ya, and just a piece of advice. Those below you are thirsty, and you will need to prove you are more so.

The Shanta

Sadly (Guest)Tue 30-Nov-04 04:04 PM

#32948, "RE: Illiet"
In response to Reply #24

but we almost didn't cross in good time for me. Almost aways you come my link became dead or boss begins ####ing my brains at my work. I think if we meet better time your toughts could go in other way.
P.S.
>>If any of them had came to fullfill the requirements you would have been demoted in an instant.

they would think twice before do it

Illiet (Guest)Tue 30-Nov-04 04:06 PM

#32949, "Bah last one should go under my name n/t"
In response to Reply #26

n/t

Dzegef (Guest)Tue 30-Nov-04 02:43 PM

#32934, "RE: (CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Shanta Bakn the Hand of the Uns..."
In response to Reply #0

it's nice you died finally... i disliked you so much after you stole my plague-healing periapt and sold it to my groupmate Veulios... all i had to say - Veulios was great and you was nothing... BUT after that time you jacked both defenders of fetish (http://www.qhcf.net/cforum/logs/vpost.pl?45199), i heard that words in my mind: 'damn, seems he is kinda a##hole, but for a single minute i almost love him'

p.s. luck with you next char!

p.p.s. Veulios, damn you for deleting again! Sad i wasn't around to make great things together... damned RL work.. eh..

Death KittyTue 30-Nov-04 02:58 PM
27 posts
#32937, "Dzegef"
In response to Reply #12

Ya, I'm guilty. Veulios had a few things I wanted, and when I asked him what he wanted in return. He said a periapt. I see periapts alot, and could have easily have gotten them. But you just happened to have one. Oh how easy. I knew you would know it was me, but I didn't care. Thanks for playing.

ps As far as blackjacking folks, I think the most I ever had blackjacked at once was like eight. Now that's a good time.

The Shanta

Dzegef (Guest)Tue 30-Nov-04 03:02 PM

#32938, "RE: Dzegef"
In response to Reply #15

I knew he was interesting in periapt - he asked me abouit it... so when it disappeared and Veulios had one - i knew - you stole it Veulios said - you did dirty ####... hm... thief of shadows...

eight blackjacked... seems i have not the best play-time

UrogTue 30-Nov-04 01:44 PM
Member since 10th Nov 2004
18 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32926, "Re:"
In response to Reply #0

Ah, Shanta, Shanta, my loyal little lady.

You were a great thief and Shadow Lord, but a lousy bard. My role stated that my arrogance and senility would have me overthrown eventually, and I was so pulling for you to do it. It's why I didn't anathema you on the spot. But to screw up a plot involving many people by mistyping who gets the note? Well that's just plain silly.
For future reference, Zulghinlour the Dark Dream of Emperors is what did you in.

All in all, it was fun having you in the Empire, and great job on the character.

Toodles,

-Urog

Death KittyTue 30-Nov-04 01:49 PM
27 posts
#32927, "Urog"
In response to Reply #6

Oh what a mistake that was. I knew you didn't anathema me for a reason, and I had suspected you wanted to be unseated. I continued trying after our talk, but all the other council seemed to disappear. Would have been fun as Emperor. I had even thought of trying to wed you as to make the betrayal all more sweet. Gratz on the Immort.

The Shanta

Death KittyTue 30-Nov-04 12:52 PM
27 posts
#32921, "First character to ever con die..."
In response to Reply #0

Where do I begin to say goodbye? First off, no matter how much I hate every single one of you, you have made my hobby truely exciting. At times I have enjoyed everyone's company, and at the same time I have cursed everyone of you. CF is a beautiful place that has something for everyone, be it human contact or just problem solving. So kudos to the Immortals, thanks for letting me play.

As many of you probably already know, Shanta is just one of my long long long line of imperials and thieves. I started playing CF in 1999 I think, back when Masters were about. My first character was a ranger, and oh how I have grown to hate the treehuggers now. I remember calling lighting on Valguarnera from inside my guild in emerald forest. He was there with a group of Masters learning or something. I told him I was sorry and that I was just practicing it. Crept my way out of the guild and to them. I was then slept and spelled up, all the time telling my roommate "They are just practicing on me". Oh how ignorant I was then.

I learned to love CF for the kill. My roommate was a killer, and I used to run from my computer to watch him kill folks. I probably played CF for six months or more before I killed a single person. Partly due to the fact I was playing a healer. I know thieves aren't the best at killing folks, but we play a damn good role in it. The thieves of old, oh how I miss the thieves of old. Nothing like blackjackin someone, binding their legs, backstabing them for an unspeak, them wimpying and tripping over the binding, causing a cheapshot for a *dev*, then getting the second backstab for another unspeak. Oh what fun that was. But CF has evolved since then and now warriors have legecies and thieves have guilds.

Immortals
Lord Khasotholas: I suppose you are really busy, or maybe you only choose to talk to your priests. I came to your Church alot, as you were my Lord. Would have been nice to have a few more immteractions, but the ones we had were pleasant I suppose. Thanks.

Lord Grurk: I seem to have more immteraction with you. I suspect you were the one to make me Shadow Lord, after demoting me. That little action made me realize that you should test those below you, and I tested those in my Sect. Thanks.

Lord Zulghinlour: Never had the pleasure I don't suppose. My first healer was empowered by you a long time ago. Thank you for doing what you do.

Empire: I've seen so many of you, there is absolutely no way I can remember you all.

Blitz: Man you were a beast. The more you played the better you got, as I recall when you were young, you talked as if Drudental was the best thing ever. And why shouldn't you, he did choose your specs and legecies for you.

Urog: We had a good time together. Lots to be said about that, I knew when you got Shadow Lord before me I was getting the shaft. I probably should have betrayed you when the whispering voice was talking to Blitz, could have been easier than it was as your Shadow Lord. Thanks for makin me Elite, thanks for standing up for me when I had the headaches(another character), thanks for playing.

Jhishesh: We had some good times. Unlike you, I don't have to defend myself about our ganging. Some of my best kills came with you. Everyone is always a hung up on roleplaying, I like to think we did some of that too. I think I played with you before as well, if you were Farnsworth, I was Futalufu.

Loth: You know I really didn't like you much as a character. But when I seen your death notice, I thought man I really like this guy. You flamer you.

Shadows: Tried to lead the Sect as I felt it should have been. Would have been good to have better numbers, but the ones that played, I felt good about. Thanks for the respects.

Tribunal: I loved stealing off you all. Tried to make it clear to all of you, that you served the Empire, and that the best place for you was on duty, or seeking out criminals.

Scions: Didn't like any of you. Didn't speak to really any of you. You all seemed to be the Immortal pets. All of you with special titles and such made me sick. I played hard and often. I retreived against odds and tried not to be a chicken #### thief, but you all always got the special treatment I thought. And your skills are ill. Man I hate your magic. Well played.

Battle: Felt bad for you all. Sometimes it seemed like you all were alone against the world. But when you all got your numbers up, damn you all were a force. I enjoyed stealing off all of you, and would sit in the room with most of you while stealing only two or three copper at a time. Petty, but it was what I had on you guys. Good job Alathin for the kills.

Outlanders: I hated you all. The refuge is so far from anywhere I could hide. You had some strong characters.

Tjok: I think if I knew where you lived, I would have blackjacked you for real. God I hated you. And I knew you were gonna get me, then you would get me. Well played.

As for the rest of you, speak up. Refresh my memory and I'll be sure to return comment.

One last thing, I tried hard to unseat Urog to lead the Empire. I felt the Empire was weak there at my end. Was I close to making Emperor?

Farewell Thera, I'll be seeing you.

The Shanta

Restraal (Guest)Tue 30-Nov-04 01:14 PM

#32922, "That was certainly a perverse goodbye"
In response to Reply #1

Although, I will point out I tried to get a dialogue going with you, and got the standard 'Shut up you stupid fool I want nothing to do with you' line. Tough to say as a player 'I don't like you' when you aren't willing to speak with an opponent (although IC I'm sure Shanta wouldn't like Scions no matter how many he spoke with).

If it's because some of us have titles that you got mad about OOC, that's just lame.

KhasotholasTue 30-Nov-04 01:15 PM
Member since 23rd Apr 2003
341 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32923, "I liked Shanta"
In response to Reply #1

Good job, liked watching the character. Watched you probably more often than you knew, or thought.

- Lord Khasotholas: I suppose you are really busy, or maybe you only choose to talk to your priests. I came to your Church alot, as you were my Lord. Would have been nice to have a few more immteractions, but the ones we had were pleasant I suppose. Thanks.

You're welcome. Sorry I didn't interact more. I really only try to answer prays when I have a good bit of time to interact. So when I could, I did, if I wasn't busy doing something else.

- One last thing, I tried hard to unseat Urog to lead the Empire. I felt the Empire was weak there at my end. Was I close to making Emperor?

I think you were closer to anathema than Emperor. I was kinda shocked Urog didn't make you anathema for your, ahem, note error. If that hadn't happened, it would have been interesting, and you quite possibly could have ended up on the throne.

Arrazn (Guest)Tue 30-Nov-04 02:11 PM

#32931, "Good work"
In response to Reply #3

Damn when I realized that last time you stealed this halberd
This made me mad
good job - you were always lucky on charge sets )

Good luck on next

Death KittyTue 30-Nov-04 02:17 PM
27 posts
#32932, "Arrazn"
In response to Reply #10

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, well you know. I made it clear to my allies that you were to be engaged, then I would drop you. Polearm specialists are to be robbed, not blackjacked. Thanks for playing.

The Shanta

Zukir (Guest)Tue 30-Nov-04 01:16 PM

#32924, "RE: First character to ever con die..."
In response to Reply #1

Ah, fond memories of you trying to blackjack while I had One with Shadows. Game, set, match. Congrats on Shadow Lord and sticking with it till con loss. See ya in the fields.

Death KittyTue 30-Nov-04 01:44 PM
27 posts
#32925, "Zukir"
In response to Reply #4

That's a name from my past. I enjoyed messing with you, you were a good way to put me back in place as a thief and not a warrior. I think you probably got more of my con than anyone. You're welcome. Remember when I was outside the Inn, spankin that unempowered shaman. I knew you were coming, but I was tripping to beat hell. I thought I can kill this dude and flee before you kill me, thought wrong. Thanks for the fun.

The Shanta

ValguarneraTue 30-Nov-04 01:53 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32928, "Quick note re: Scions:"
In response to Reply #1

Scions: Didn't like any of you. Didn't speak to really any of you. You all seemed to be the Immortal pets. All of you with special titles and such made me sick. I played hard and often. I retreived against odds and tried not to be a chicken #### thief, but you all always got the special treatment I thought.

I'm not sure if you've ever played a Scion, but it's usually the smallest cabal numerically, and has no real steady ally. I can assure you that all the people you're talking about end up badly outnumbered from time to time.

As for titles, I take no credit for that (I do very little of the "face time" in the cabal that leads to custom titles and such), but:

1) How does a Scion getting a title hurt you? There has to be something better to complain about. It's not like we're tossing around Power Word: Asplode over in Scion-land.
2) You mention that you never tried to speak to any Scions, but I'll offer the alternative theory that they tend to have titles and such because the core of the cabal is made up of good roleplayers with distinct personalities that make them pretty easy to title.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Death KittyTue 30-Nov-04 02:10 PM
27 posts
#32930, "Scions..."
In response to Reply #8

Maybe there's a bigger picture than what I see. But as far as when I played, there were usually more Scions than me. Ofcourse when the numbers are right for any cabal they are strong, but the Chasm is far from nill in numbers. And I do not mean to take away their roleplay, but am trying to say that very few in thera don't roleplay. You have alot that don't have strong personalities, but that doesn't take away from their characters. Shanta tried to have personality, tried to be recognizable. And to be titled the Hand of the Unseen was just an insult. Specially when you got a someone titled defender that told me "give my reguards to the archmage as we raided." That he'd be holding onto my things and made no attempt what so ever to defend even thoughtthere were several hero scions. Maybe he defended when there were none to harm him?

ps I know its been a long time ago, but do you remember the time I spoke of with my first character? Good times.

The Shanta

KhasotholasTue 30-Nov-04 07:50 PM
341 posts
#32970, "Titles"
In response to Reply #9

Keep in mind that every Imperial gets a title. A title that can change at a moments notice. When I deal with Imperials, I give out very, very few 'special' titles. Why? Mainly because of what my philosophy is of what the Empire actually stands for.

ZulghinlourTue 30-Nov-04 11:50 PM
9792 posts
#32980, "Re: Hand of the Unseen"
In response to Reply #39

Your title was actually the Hand of the Unseen, Imperial Shadow Lord.

As Khasotholas said, very few Imperials get other titles. Most of the ones I recall are from their patron dieties, not anything having to do with Empire.

Your role within the Empire dictates your title. If Imperial Shadow Lord doesn't make it high on your list of cool things to get, don't play Empire. Titles don't usually come there.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Death KittyWed 01-Dec-04 12:06 AM
27 posts
#32981, "titles in general"
In response to Reply #46

Being marked Shadow Lord was awesome, and it would have been great to been titled Empress of Thera. But that doesn't change the fact that having a custom title rocks. Makes you feel appreciated, watched, or basically special. And that's what I wanted, attention. I mean nothing big, but how bout Shanta Bakn the Deft Hand of Empire, Imperial Shadow Lord, ya that just sounds cool. I admit I've had a few titles with Imperials some good some bad, but all showed that I was drawing attention. I did like Nynncynno the Gal behind Three Imperial Guys, Elite Imperial Shadow. Not sure if that was just a flame, but I liked it. Thanks again for letting me play, I suppose I should be more humble.

The Shanta

EvilOutlander (Guest)Wed 01-Dec-04 09:41 AM

#32987, "At this point you should understand that"
In response to Reply #47

the immortals don't give a crap what you think. Its their mud and if they want to run it into the ground they can. What is the most interesting is that this is the first "Title" rule of thumb I have ever heard out of the immortals, and it didn't stop them from titling other imperials in the past. This is just another way they want to cover up the fact that they don't really have time or desire to do such a thing. Why do you think last names came in?

KhasotholasWed 01-Dec-04 11:33 AM
341 posts
#32990, "I'll bite"
In response to Reply #49

- the immortals don't give a crap what you think.

Not true. Seriously, not true.

- Its their mud and if they want to run it into the ground they can.

True, but that's not something we'd ever want to do.

- What is the most interesting is that this is the first "Title" rule of thumb I have ever heard out of the immortals, and it didn't stop them from titling other imperials in the past.

This is the first time that I've ever had anything to say on titles, or been able to give input on the subject in a way that makes sense. Neither Zulghinlour or I stated that Imperials don't get 'special' titles. We merely stated it's more rare in Empire than in other places.

- This is just another way they want to cover up the fact that they don't really have time or desire to do such a thing.

Titling takes a few seconds to do. It's easy to do. I've got time to do it. And when I have the desire to do it, I do. But it has to go with what I feel MY rules on titling, as an Empire imm, and as someone who runs a religion, are.

- Why do you think last names came in?

To give a player a special bonus at times, and make another roleplay aspect of the game.

What I don't get is how you could read the responses up above, and come up with such a ridiculous post, attempting to skewer responses to questions which have already been reasonably answered.

Khas

ZarguWed 01-Dec-04 05:22 PM
Member since 06th Mar 2003
208 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#32999, "RE: I'll bite"
In response to Reply #51

Damn i feel special then...

*51 Duerg Sha* (PK) Izuaki Zardu Defiant Protector of the Palace, Imperial Priest
*51 Duerg Sha* (PK) Zhenzar Kraliara the Holy of Faith, Imperial Priest, The Sting of the Hornet

yawn (Guest)Thu 02-Dec-04 03:06 PM

#33033, "beceause ?"
In response to Reply #55

you're good at playing the same race/class combo? and do it over and over?

Kazadann (Guest)Wed 01-Dec-04 06:08 PM

#33005, "Geez... be a jackass nt"
In response to Reply #49

Mek (Guest)Thu 02-Dec-04 11:47 AM

#33020, "Ok..."
In response to Reply #49

You know, at some point you should really sit back and realize that you sound like a bitter asswipe. You're completely off-base. One thing I loved to do as a HeroImm was help think up titles for people. The Imms *know* the players like it, and they also know it is a reward...not some mandatory thing that people should bitch about when they don't get. My suggestion for all of you who need that kind of attention: Go play on a MUD with a 5-person player base so that the one immortal running the show can spend a good portion of his or her own time "oooh" and "ahh'ing" over your every action. Hope ya have fun!

Eskelian1 (Guest)Wed 01-Dec-04 10:57 AM

#32989, "RE: titles in general"
In response to Reply #47

Well, in general, its like the army. You aren't special is sort of the theme. Uniformity is what the Empire is about partially.

DreaaTue 30-Nov-04 10:52 PM
Member since 25th Nov 2004
33 posts
#32975, "RE: Scions..."
In response to Reply #9

>Maybe there's a bigger picture than what I see. But as far as when I >played, there were usually more Scions than me. Ofcourse when the >numbers are right for any cabal they are strong, but the Chasm is >far from nill in numbers. And I do not mean to take away their >roleplay, but am trying to say that very few in thera don't >roleplay. You have alot that don't have strong personalities, but >that doesn't take away from their characters. Shanta tried to have >personality, tried to be recognizable. And to be titled the Hand of >the Unseen was just an insult. Specially when you got a someone >titled defender that told me "give my reguards to the archmage as we >raided." That he'd be holding onto my things and made no attempt >what so ever to defend even thoughtthere were several hero scions. >Maybe he defended when there were none to harm him?

Like Valg said, scions are normally the least in membership in comparison to any other cabal. We're only allowed to induct so many members and especially latly we've been getting applications like mad. We induct who is fit, if someone better comes along they have to wait till something opens up. Normally things will because getting in scion and staying in scion are two entirly different things. With applicants almost literally sitting in line for a spot in the Chasm, normally the good/bad ones get weeded out through their own efforts. I'm not going to sit here and say Scion is the l33t? cabal because by all means it's not. What I will say is during the last few months there have been handfuls of terrific players that have been in Scion. I won't even begin naming them because I will leave some out and there are just to many great players that have been through. With such small membership there's a lot of individuality there. That's the basis of the cabal in many ways. Everyone joins a cabal for their own reasons, but Scion is an expanded version of that. You got Imperials joining for order for their own reason, fighting for that goal and that goal alone and you have LARGE numbers of Imperials at that. I think Scion hit it's max at one point of time just shortly before I managed to Imm that was in low teens mortal wise. Almost each different person joined Scion for almost entirly different reasons. You goal in mind but could be accomplished in almost any way they wanted which that in itself showed individuality for each person. The people seperate on their way to doing this weither it seems like it or not. And much like what Khas said below. Empire isn't entirly meant for specific individuality. You'll get people through there that absolutly can't be avoided for one reason or another but even Urog kept his hero thief title through Empire if I'm not mistaken. I myself never got any special title other than Disciple of Zurcon, which wasn't technically a 'given' and Advisor of the Chasm, which was much like your Imperial Shadow Lord title. I'm not trying to push buttons or start a little flame war, and I can't say you did or didn't deserve a title just for the fact that you never talked to me other than some insults or threats or something like that every great once in a while. What I can say, is that the Scions that have titles, each and everyone deserved them and I think others up and coming and some already there will be deserving some as well. Saying that it's lame that they got their own titles isn't entirly fair considering you didn't interact with almost any of them as you said. Scion isn't that machine that just runs around killing people anymore which you may or may not know, the new path generally forces people to have an RP or they don't stay in which I tried to make sure of. Don't know if that helps any or just pisses you off, but just tryin to give a hand.

Dreaa

Nivek1Wed 01-Dec-04 12:53 PM
655 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#32991, "Disagree"
In response to Reply #9

You say you tried to have a personality, tried to be recognizable. To me, you were just another faceless empire thief that seemed permanently attached to the hip of a shaman. Your PBF stats say as much. 2.5 people in your group per kill is a lot.

Let me put it this way. I'm no RP wizard and never have been. I RPed well enough to earn a place in Scion and not get the boot even after playing for six months while overtly plotting against the highest ranking mortal in the cabal (no, we had no leader but fighter-types typically don't go far in Scion plotting against mages). I raided, defended and all of that, too. Yes, I ganged (2.00 peeps per kill), but far less than you did and also I wasn't widely known for it IC and OOC.

IMHO, I roleplayed as good as you did, I fought better than you did, and I never got a title. You got Shadow Lord. Impressive. Point to remember - people who think they deserve things are setting themselves up for disappointment.

All that being said, you played a thief everyone loved to hate, and that is admirable in itself. Way to be a complete and total b!tch - I mean that as a complement to your character.

By the way, who was your ranger calling lightning down on Valg's mortal? I had a ranger or three back then, too.

Good luck on your next.

Trotat

Aytak (Guest)Fri 03-Dec-04 09:37 PM

#33086, "Case in point..."
In response to Reply #9

If I remember correctly, you all raided at a time when I was plagued for enough hours to render my movement and mana into the negatives and was able to stay alive via healing staves. I don't remember ever looting Shanta so not sure about that, considering I could only ever loot one or two things as a result of all my preps. (A note by an Imm was left on my char in reference to this, I looted a jagged shortsword from a storm warrior's pit so he couldn't use it on me anymore.)

Likewise, I'd have to suggest you're wrong in remembering there were other Scion heroes about, perhaps one at most if any. I know this is the case because Empire simply would not raid Scion while I was online unless you had at least three to one odds. You and Jhishesh acted like you were going to once and I showed up and you both fled. The only other time Empire raided that comes to mind is when you Jhishesh and Blitz came and I showed up, though I was the only Scion around. You all prevented me from making a stand because of a lucky blackjack that got through my shield of flames, I managed, 'luckily' to escape with my life. So I'm not sure why you've got this biased opinion about how or why I got titled Defender of the Night. I stood against four villagers, managing to kill one and wound another enough so that the archmage finished him and the last two fled. I slew two villagers who raided and got the archmage to writhing. Too maledicted to loot them, they returned when they unghosted to finish off the archmage and I slew them again. Maybe you should've asked me why I got titled or just reflected a little before casting general aspersions.
G'luck

Death KittySat 04-Dec-04 03:28 AM
27 posts
#33096, "Aytak"
In response to Reply #68

Actually, I wasn't directing that at you. I found Aytak to be a very deadly ememy. And I was so disappoined when you got away that time. Didn't interact with you much, but I knew you didn't die often when I looked at you a thousand times over as you walked about. Well played.

The Shanta

BajulaTue 30-Nov-04 02:45 PM
929 posts
#32935, "Heh."
In response to Reply #1

I was going to just say that the whole coward
think was completely ic. but I saw this

...tried not to be a chicken #### thief...

and if you had been trying to be the above
then you had a wicked cool character going.
but you claim otherwise and blew all the neat
things I thought about you. Now of course it doesn't
matter because you hate me anyway

It was fun though. I do have to say that.
and other than the above thing, as Dremkal
I had a blast every time you were around.
I did try to goad you into staying a little longer
in a few fights.

personal favorite 'I'm going to kill that giant and then you'
That was pretty cool, thieves had a slim chance on me though.
ooc I would have laughed then kicked myself.
I had a pat response to things like that
'Yeah yeah yeah that's what they all say.'
but some time earlier I decided it was too 'modern'
or not 'cfy' enough. so I quit doing it. you sure made
my fingers itch to type it though.

Well all in all, if I ever do another thief, I would want
to play it with that kind of backstabbing, sneaky,
underhanded, *long string of explatives deleted* way that you did.
Heh.

Dremkal "Eeek! they just chopped off my arm, maybe I'd better fl.."
Seeker of everything, finder of none.

Death KittyTue 30-Nov-04 02:53 PM
27 posts
#32936, "Dremkal"
In response to Reply #13

I remember when you came into range. When I learned that you were not a berserker, I thought, I might be able to kill this guy alone. And I tried like hell. That one day at the village, I think your chargeset hit me like six times or more. Oh how I hated polearm specs. It was fun.

The Shanta

BajulaTue 30-Nov-04 05:45 PM
929 posts
#32962, "Shanta"
In response to Reply #14

Hehe ye gods How long were we at it that day?
The only 'running batle' i had that was in that time range
was with Urog in the palace. Where I had to get a young fella to
come bring me food. ha.

Vipeta (Guest)Tue 30-Nov-04 03:08 PM

#32939, "Thanks for the chats."
In response to Reply #1

It's always fun speaking with those outside your sect, knowing the defined (and undefined) boundaries, and still making a go at some positive interaction.

Thought you were cool from day 1. And though I don't want to delve into my char/role too much, I appreciated everything you did and said to me.

See you around, I'm sure.

Death KittyTue 30-Nov-04 03:19 PM
27 posts
#32942, "Vipeta"
In response to Reply #17

You're young so I won't say alot. I enjoyed our talks as well. I was happy to have someone that would listen to me as I preached about our Civilization. I knew I was not your Sect leader, and frankly I would have anathema'd you that day if I had been. Thanks for playing.

The Shanta

Vipeta (Guest)Tue 30-Nov-04 04:37 PM

#32957, "RE: Vipeta"
In response to Reply #20

And you would have been silly for doing so... That's what you get for only hearing pieces of conversations. There's much more to it than you could possibly have been aware of - if you did anathemize me, even though I was only Bloodoathed at the time, it would have only made the Scion happy.

For a dumb duergar, I seem to do alot of conversing about ideals and such.

Thanks again.

Vipeta (Guest)Tue 30-Nov-04 04:40 PM

#32958, "Oh, and eavesdrop rocks... i know. nt"
In response to Reply #29

nt

Alathin (Guest)Tue 30-Nov-04 03:17 PM

#32940, "Heh. I feel like #### now."
In response to Reply #1

Here I sit, listening to Killswith Engage, 'Element of One', and then I realized that your last death really really REALLY sucked. I hate losing a character to con-loss. It feels really really bad compared to simply deleting. Then I read this phrase:

"I learned to love CF for the kill."

Somehow the fashion of your death seems utterly justified to me, for a player of your given philosophy, especially considering your cabal, race, and picked thief paths. That's really all I'll say without souring this thread with mixed feelings of guilt and smug triumph.

Anyway, you put up a good fight. I wish I put up a far better one than I usually do. Next time don't wander in where a bard might sing if he expects a thief on your last death, I guess. I feel bad that I had to be the one to hand you your last death, last deaths always feels like ####, but I'm sure there's many players besides me that felt you deserved it. Heh.

Death KittyTue 30-Nov-04 03:24 PM
27 posts
#32943, "Alathin"
In response to Reply #18

No need to feel sadness for me. I enjoyed the hell out of Shanta. I knew the risks and was still ready to fight. Some would say that you villages were ganking Denower, as you couldn't see me, but three of you were attackin him on eastern. But I won't. This was my first con death, and it feels good. Normally having my ass handed to me makes me drop a character completely, not this time. I had my eye on the prize. Good times.

The Shanta

Alathin (Guest)Tue 30-Nov-04 09:39 PM

#32971, "Trust me, we knew you were with Denower. The ruins thou..."
In response to Reply #21

Kherad (Guest)Tue 30-Nov-04 03:19 PM

#32941, "heh"
In response to Reply #1

Never saw you alone with any of my chars, was impossible to find you alone it seemed like.

Death KittyTue 30-Nov-04 03:28 PM
27 posts
#32945, "Kherad"
In response to Reply #19

Refresh my memory, you were a thief? Shanta was not meant to be a solo killer. Never had that misconception. I was frank to tell folks that I would gank them, and would bring as many folks as nessessary to do so. When I was alone, I was usually robbing folks or doing business. You know thief things. I'd say that it was about fifty/fifty. Alone or gankin.

The Shanta

Kherad (Guest)Tue 30-Nov-04 05:45 PM

#32963, "RE: Kherad"
In response to Reply #23

Yeah, I was a thief but I also saw you with some other characters.

I guess I was just frustrated as I tend to be a solo killer and I just could not get you

Anyway, seems to have been a better char than I thought. So good luck in the fields next time.

AstillianTue 30-Nov-04 10:16 PM
166 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#32974, "Well let me tell you how it feels..."
In response to Reply #34

> I guess I was just frustrated as I tend to be a solo killer and I just could not get you

It felt good. A nice solid pk by me. Felt even better because of the threaten of death. The person who played Shanta may chalk it up to my eq but really that was the plan of my thief because I knew where to get that type of gear.

As a player I was scared of shanta only when there was another imperial in range. Because I knew if I got blackjacked, the ganking would come so I was always very very careful. I did get the impression though from you, having interacted with you with another character of Shanta being a thugish character, although I didn't really know what type of path you chose.

Luck with the next one.

Death KittyTue 30-Nov-04 11:47 PM
27 posts
#32978, "Astillian"
In response to Reply #42

I think you took my comments a little to harshly. I didn't mean my comments to flame you, merely to point out that was some ill eq. Two necklaces that can oblit each round possibly is very good. Considering there wasn't a thing I could do to keep up with that kind of damage, kudos. I mean lets be real, in all your logs only the eq did damage, not your skills. And to be more fair, I considered the poisoner of souls to be so deadly because of his eq as well. Take it for what it is, a reasonable comment that congradulated you for having such eq. I don't know what else to say, unless you are just looking for a "well done".

Your comment also proves your skill. "As a player I was scared of shanta only when there was another imperial in range. Because I knew if I got blackjacked, the ganking would come so I was always very very careful." That couldn't have been more correct, the most I was gonna do is rob a person if I was alone, but if I had someone to call, I was straight gankin ya if you went down. Thanks for playing.

The Shanta

Tjok. (Guest)Tue 30-Nov-04 03:56 PM

#32947, "RE: First character to ever con die..."
In response to Reply #1

>Tjok: I think if I knew where you lived, I would have
>blackjacked you for real. God I hated you. And I knew you
>were gonna get me, then you would get me. Well played.
>

Well, you made me suffer whenever I walked into Imperial lands while you were online - in one way or another. I have to admit a sense of joy every time you wandered into a snare.

Although I was pulling for Shanta to make Emperor, I have to admit I'm completely unaware of whatever devious roleplay you seemed to have going on -- it was the thought of another freaking non-Shadow with piercing gaze that drove my hopes. That is one bastardly skill to hand out. That one log that Dzegef is referring to? Would have gone completely different if you took piercing gaze out of play. Shanta created that whole situation with blackjack and the threat of that skill, which is pretty amazing.

Death KittyTue 30-Nov-04 04:07 PM
27 posts
#32950, "Tjok"
In response to Reply #25

I give you all the credit deserved. You are one hell of a ranger, and a large asset to the outlanders. Ya, piercing gaze was a cool skill, probably got me in just as much trouble as it did get me out of it. As far as my plots go, I had planned an overthrow. And was working to complete it, thought I had it in the bag. But one fatal mistake. I sent the note to Urog by accident. Good times. Thanks for playing.

The Shanta

Arisnus (Guest)Tue 30-Nov-04 05:06 PM

#32959, "I hated you so bad"
In response to Reply #1

I never killed you, I just got jacked and all my stuff stolen.

Of course, it's hard to kill someone when they never fight alone, but I'll chalk that up to not wanting to eat a flurry or a pincer. Sometimes it's best to let someone else die.

All in all, you were very annoying, and I wasted a lot of hours hoping you'd come across a wild stretch, but it never happened.

Good luck with the next, maybe make something less annoying.

Death KittyTue 30-Nov-04 05:42 PM
27 posts
#32961, "Arisnus"
In response to Reply #31

I'm gonna take all that as a compliment, for with hatred comes admiration. That last time I caught you in the frigid wastes, I just had to press my luck. I knew you hit like an eighteen wheeler, but I just had to jack ya. Good character, thanks for playing.

The Shanta

JhisheshTue 30-Nov-04 05:46 PM
Member since 28th Aug 2004
93 posts
#32964, "Beardless bitch!"
In response to Reply #1

<i> Jhishesh: We had some good times. Unlike you, I
don't have to defend myself about our ganging. Some of my best
kills came with you. Everyone is always a hung up on
roleplaying, I like to think we did some of that too. I think
I played with you before as well, if you were Farnsworth, I
was Futalufu. </i>

Yeah, I was Farnsworth.  I had a feeling while we were playing
that I knew, or at least had met, the player before, though I
didn't peg you as Futaleufu.  Just that sense of familiarity.

We certainly did have some good times.  Though not as much as
everyone else seems to think, which, in the end, is a solid
testimonial to how well we worked together.  Though what
everyone else missed - and indeed only Urog and a few others
were privvy to - was the real friction between us as
characters.  You and your insults to me being a Valg follower
and you being beardless and all that.

I was way to nice to you though.  I think I gave you spike
toed boots five times, and all sorts of other stuff.  And
whenever we'd go raid you'd just sit out and watch, not
fighting the inner guardian.  Pretending to be waiting for
someone who might come defend, even if no-one was online. Good
times.

I still think I would have been Empress instead of Urog had I
not deleted, but we'll never know.  If that had been the case
though, I just want you to know that I would have anath'd Loth
within nanoseconds of getting the power.  You and I agreed
then and now at his loser-dom. :)

Good luck and all that jazz.

Death KittyTue 30-Nov-04 06:09 PM
27 posts
#32966, "Jhishesh"
In response to Reply #35

I remember hearing you say judged, and I thought what the
####!  This chick can't be good for the Empire.  I think I
told everyone you were not to be trusted as you didn't worship
a betrayer.  I told the Emperor, I told Divine, I told
Immortals, I told anyone that would listen.  You never
admitted to me your Lord the entire time you were alive.  Then
I came to realize, no one is gonna do anything about it, so
I'm gonna have to learn to work with this chick.  I liked
having a nickname, beardless, even if it was due to my lack of
insight on the duergar race.  Made me feel special. *wink*

I remember loggin on and hearing about Loth killing you, and I
though man he's accidentally pwk Jhish.  Come to find out it
was intentional.  When you were both demoted, I never thought
Loth would make it back to DreadLord.  You on the other hand,
I was hoping wouldn't lose interest in Jhish, cause I knew you
were skilled enough to take the seat again.

All in all, you were Shanta's best friend.  I even stretched
imperial law to get that axe for you, mainly cause I was in
spike toe debt.  I was very upset when you deleted, no one was
around to summon the hidden anymore.  Thanks for the good
times over the years, Jhish and Farnsworth.  Good times.

ps I absolutely hated hearing, "has been judged". 
It was ok for you, but for anyone else it was just stupid.  I
mean come on, how about "has been taught" instead or
anything other than judged.  What was horrible about it was
the fact that folks kept saying it long after you were gone. 
I would call that influence, wouldn't you?

The Shanta

Karrel (Guest)Tue 30-Nov-04 06:06 PM

#32965, "Good Work"
In response to Reply #1

Karrel liked fighting Shanta, though of course, Thief versus Druid isn't typically that even. You made me pay for it by stealing my sack of berries a lot! *growl*

Good job,
Karrel

Death KittyTue 30-Nov-04 06:14 PM
27 posts
#32967, "Karrel"
In response to Reply #36

If I couldn't kill them, I robbed them. And no matter what anyone says, stealing a person's sack is almost as bad as killing them sometimes. I'm sure it didn't hurt you as bad as others, but sack stealing was definately one of my greatest personal pleasures. I went a long time without buy preps sometimes, just stealing others. I think you were one of the few who caught on to me stealing the codex after you all raided. Good character, good times.

The Shanta

Bahear (Guest)Thu 02-Dec-04 05:56 AM

#33011, "RE: First character to ever con die..."
In response to Reply #1

Where to start, Shanta, I hated you ooc and IC i was pretty neutral to you and your stuff, I remembered when you wanted to trade me an aura staff and I offered to back you as a shadowlord for it. You took the bait, at the time I had seen little of what you could do and wasn't really about to risk my own hide by backing someone I didn't know to well. I had seen Urog do his #### and do it good so my vote was on him, I had a note written up and all but when I logged on him and Loth were allready appointed. Anyway back to the hating, I had a gut feeling your cowardice was rp, but man how I hated you for never standing infront or risking your hide. That time when you returned to after Urog was made Emperor and all you had was galadonguard gear, I was screaming at the computer for you beeing a nogooddaughterofawh*re, seeing that was what made miss some kills, anyway all in all you seem to have done exactly very well and for that BIG UP! hrm, btw i killed you once with my ranger Ehklotar when I knew the fortress had the codex ( I had seen the young oaths run back and forth at fort, so I decided to set a snare).

Good luck with your next char.

Death KittySat 04-Dec-04 03:43 AM
27 posts
#33099, "Bahear"
In response to Reply #62

I basically got that impression from you, as I was often shoved out of Blade advancing parties. I always supported you for War Master, since Jornada had seen good things out of you. I told Blitz on a few occations that you should have been his War Master. You almost made me concider playing a bard. Well played.

The Shanta

Kedewyn (Guest)Thu 02-Dec-04 09:58 AM

#33015, "I both hated you and loved you."
In response to Reply #1

I hated you because, like all thieves, you always robbed this old conjurer blind and ran away! I loved you though, because unlike Urog, you always stole from me then tried to barter back with me! I found it irritating and amusing at the same time. Made me think of a true witty little thief like out of a book. Perhaps we will play again someday... if I get back into it.

Death KittySat 04-Dec-04 03:38 AM
27 posts
#33098, "Kedewyn"
In response to Reply #64

Conjurers who explore usually always have something cool. And lets be honest, if you can create a relationship with one, you can stay well dressed. I went out on a limb, after robbing ya. Thinking she's got alot of nice things, hrm. So I tried to sell your things back to you, so you'd think it was best to do business with me rather than be at ends with me. You didn't cave, you told me you would kill me. Oh good times.

The Shanta

Kedewyn (Guest)Sat 04-Dec-04 09:16 AM

#33109, "RE: Kedewyn"
In response to Reply #71

No arguments there. Most anyone who were even just willing to talk to me ended up with any weapons or armor, or anything else I didn't need. I used sending a LOT often just picking some random char and sending them ####.

Lightmaged (Guest)Thu 02-Dec-04 11:00 AM

#33017, "Nice character"
In response to Reply #1

Fought you a few times with my bard attempt...Sylvaz...Cant recall winning or loosing (getting thieves mixed up), but enjoyed fighting you those few times. Take care.

Death KittySat 04-Dec-04 03:34 AM
27 posts
#33097, "Sylvaz"
In response to Reply #65

I enjoyed picking on you. I was a city thug, so that meant, I was thugish. I knocked you out, and stole a few things. You woke up and slept me. And you killed me. You were wearing absolutely nothing that could have benefited me because I was completely decked. You told me to return to my corpse fast, and when I got there. All of it was returned even my coins. I must say, that's stand up. I was shocked twice over. Well played. Thanks for the good character.

The Shanta

Lightmaged (Guest)Sat 04-Dec-04 03:17 PM

#33116, "RE: Sylvaz"
In response to Reply #70

I got you sorted now. Yeh, I was playing pretty laid back and in a good mood, and I think reflected on my character then. I just cant seem to pull off a bastard-full looting, sacrifice it all, freak. I hate thieves by the way. Heh

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #32919 Previous topic | Next topic