Subject: "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Veulios the Fist of Darkness, Elite ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #32912
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 30-Nov-04 07:32 AM
Member since 21st Sep 2024
17172 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32912, "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Veulios the Fist of Darkness, Elite Imperial Warlock"

Tue Nov 30 06:30:03 2004

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 30th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Veulios perished, never to return.

Race:dark-elf
Class:anti-paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:187

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Much of that anger burning within me is now gone., Shisi (Guest), 01-Dec-04 04:50 AM, #13
Reply RE: Much of that anger burning within me is now gone., Karel, 01-Dec-04 07:26 AM, #14
Reply You ranked insanely fast!, Abernytee (Guest), 30-Nov-04 05:38 PM, #10
Reply RE: You ranked insanely fast!, Karel, 30-Nov-04 06:32 PM, #11
Reply Goodbye!, Agantas (Guest), 30-Nov-04 04:27 PM, #9
Reply RE: Goodbye!, Karel, 30-Nov-04 06:34 PM, #12
Reply Another d-elf AP down the drain, Karel, 30-Nov-04 04:21 PM, #5
Reply Heh, Iborenn (Guest), 01-Dec-04 03:05 PM, #15
     Reply RE: Heh, Karel, 01-Dec-04 05:27 PM, #16
          Reply Yup yup, Iborenn (Guest), 02-Dec-04 05:36 PM, #17
Reply you deserved to become Emperor n/t, Dzegef (Guest), 30-Nov-04 02:21 PM, #4
Reply Not really (n/t), Karel, 30-Nov-04 04:21 PM, #6
Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Veulios the Fist of Darkness, El..., Adrigon, 30-Nov-04 12:04 PM, #3
Reply Re: Hero range, Karel, 30-Nov-04 04:25 PM, #7
Reply OHH NO NON NONON!!!, Illiet (Guest), 30-Nov-04 10:45 AM, #1
     Reply RE: OHH NO NON NONON!!!, Jhyrbian, 30-Nov-04 11:20 AM, #2
          Reply I noticed long before deleting, really. (n/t), Karel, 30-Nov-04 04:25 PM, #8

Shisi (Guest)Wed 01-Dec-04 04:50 AM

#32984, "Much of that anger burning within me is now gone."
In response to Reply #0

I hated you...much. Though I must say that last time with Shanta, I was very very very very very very very pleased at the irony that the mobdeath created. At least you didn't get my soul...buwahahahaha. BUWAHAHAHAHAH! okay I'm done now. But seriously...deafen was the most annoying spell I can think of...and it has no solution. Even when cured it can just be cast again, and I can think of few times where it didn't work on the first/second/third try. 22 hour invoker uselessness, BAH! It sooooo angered me. You do realize that with quicksand it would have been over though..right? Right? *sigh* Curse my laziness. Given, I only died twice to the spell, after being hit with it at least 25 times, and of those two times one was more a direct result of someone elses actions, but eh. Anyway, thanks for deleting. My life has become that much easier now. Otherwise, it was fun running into a certain deafening, only to waste your time and quaff out. And you seemed like a fun player to play against and such. Good luck.

KarelWed 01-Dec-04 07:26 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
569 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32985, "RE: Much of that anger burning within me is now gone."
In response to Reply #13

I really felt kinda bad fighting invokers/transmuters. For the most part I rendered them useless pretty quick and the best they could hope for was to get away. Last time we fought... yeah, disappointing the mob got you. Should have just tried going straight damage instead of lag, ah well. Good fights.

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix

Abernytee (Guest)Tue 30-Nov-04 05:38 PM

#32960, "You ranked insanely fast!"
In response to Reply #0

I watched as you powered up in ranks with sometimes very little eq. I tried a drow ap and deleted at 20 a month or so back because I could never get a group, god damn your luck. Where did you get most of your charges 36-41 41-46 or 46-51?

Out of curiosity.

-----Abernyte

KarelTue 30-Nov-04 06:32 PM
569 posts
#32968, "RE: You ranked insanely fast!"
In response to Reply #10

With the exception of maybe 5, they were all at 51. For the groups, the reason I was able to get them was because I did a lot of the tanking, so I could get mages, thieves, etc. to come with.

Agantas (Guest)Tue 30-Nov-04 04:27 PM

#32956, "Goodbye!"
In response to Reply #0

And good luck with your next! I remember "our fight"(as none of us tribs were in your range) in which you died to combination of manacles, special guards and Blood Tribunal executioner. You had guts to return twice to the executioner to die. I didn't understand why and suspected you were going to delete then(as your behavior seemed irrational). You kept going that time, good job with that(I won't "give kudos for that" since I do not fully understand the term and the ethymology behind it, feel free to reply and explain me the background of the term).

Agantas

PS. Karrel got the gear I got from your loot(I already had a pretty good set from two heroes donating all their items in the shifter guild when Agantas was younger), as each of us get full looted in turn, and I got to change the 'looted set' to 'earned set'.

KarelTue 30-Nov-04 06:34 PM
569 posts
#32969, "RE: Goodbye!"
In response to Reply #9

Meh. I hate manacles and fighting six guards. The gear itself... I always find more so that doesn't generally bother me too much, but the circumstances just... ugh.

KarelTue 30-Nov-04 04:21 PM
569 posts
#32952, "Another d-elf AP down the drain"
In response to Reply #0

I really like the idea of a d-elf AP, unfortunately I like the idea more than the actual playing. Add in a general lack of interest in playing right now and things I need to be doing... it adds up to deletion. I'm still convinced d-elf AP is a good choice. Improvement rates are obviously high, spells work more often than the giant/duergar counterparts will ever see, auto-sneaking when you need to flee will save your ass. Of course the drawback of being about as tough as wet tissue paper is a pretty big one, meaning you really need wands. I know where wands are. I can get wands. I just don't, and having to for this character didn't help with me wanting to continue. One control and near to the second, not particularly good, could have done better if I level sat awhile maybe, but that isn't me. I'll probably try it again at some point in the future... and end up deleting again.

Goodbyes- Nothing specific here. It was good grouping with people I did, good fighting the people I did. I ganged some, I soloed some. Got solo killed, got gang killed. Left most of the eq off a kill usually, I won't speak for anyone that happened to be there too. Tended to get full looted. All in all a good time.

Iborenn (Guest)Wed 01-Dec-04 03:05 PM

#32993, "Heh"
In response to Reply #5

I kinda thought it was funny you where in essence what Iborenn felt he avoided becoming, and he found it greatly amusing to fight, what he considered a shade of himself,
*wince* And your right wetpaper tissue is accurate as it gets, love the race hate the hp.
Enjoyed our few fights, you seemed competent, perhaps you'll fill in some of your tactics a bit better the next time we fight =P
See you in the fields

KarelWed 01-Dec-04 05:27 PM
569 posts
#33000, "RE: Heh"
In response to Reply #15

Fill in my tactics ;} It's hard to avoid getting stunned. Could have chosen to trip, but you'll have time to stun not to mention probably be kicking my teeth in. Go straight iceball/fireball, again you have time to stun. Try to sleep... riiiight. Disarm swords... why bother with a hand spec. And somehow whenever I got stunned I was asleep just long for spells to go poof. I thought that fight with you and Glaurthran at the palace was pretty good, although being lagged out by a bashing d-elf was just embarassing. At least I took someone with me.

Iborenn (Guest)Thu 02-Dec-04 05:36 PM

#33038, "Yup yup"
In response to Reply #16

I'll post that little juicy one later
And heh, I love bashing people todeath its probly the most embarrassing thing you can do.

Dzegef (Guest)Tue 30-Nov-04 02:21 PM

#32933, "you deserved to become Emperor n/t"
In response to Reply #0

nt

KarelTue 30-Nov-04 04:21 PM
569 posts
#32953, "Not really (n/t)"
In response to Reply #4

AdrigonTue 30-Nov-04 12:04 PM
158 posts
#32920, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Veulios the Fist of Darkness, El..."
In response to Reply #0

I intended to do the same thing with Azar (quickly rank to hero, and gather charges there) but never got that far It seem you did but apparantly hero range was too much of a challenge? or not?

You simply have to post your thoughts and comments. Is one of the "control" spells required to compete?

KarelTue 30-Nov-04 04:25 PM
569 posts
#32954, "Re: Hero range"
In response to Reply #3

Eh, not that challenging, no. One on one I did fine, with the exception of a few ragers. It's when you add more people in that it gets bad, but that's generally the case.

And no, a control spell isn't required. As a matter of fact I didn't use mine often. Fire doesn't do so well on maran, invokers and fire giants, which made up a sizable portion of my enemies. With the time and cost of changing the weapon it wasn't worth it to try switching it too much.

Illiet (Guest)Tue 30-Nov-04 10:45 AM

#32915, "OHH NO NON NONON!!!"
In response to Reply #0

Damn why?!

JhyrbianTue 30-Nov-04 11:20 AM
917 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32918, "RE: OHH NO NON NONON!!!"
In response to Reply #1

My guess is he figured out he was a drow ap.

Cheers.
Jhyrb.

KarelTue 30-Nov-04 04:25 PM
569 posts
#32955, "I noticed long before deleting, really. (n/t)"
In response to Reply #2

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #32912 Previous topic | Next topic