Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Gragnar Ironbeard the Protector of Fai..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #32641
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 14-Nov-04 02:12 PM
Member since 21st Sep 2024
17173 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32641, "(DELETED) [None] Gragnar Ironbeard the Protector of Faith, Shepherd of the Father"

Sat Nov 13 19:34:42 2004

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 1st of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Gragnar perished, never to return.

Race:dwarf
Class:healer
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:147

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Gragnar Ironbeard the Protector of..., Gragnar (Guest), 14-Nov-04 12:28 PM, #4
     Reply As for my connection, Gragnar (Guest), 14-Nov-04 09:36 AM, #1
     Reply P.s. please make Gate work on enemies who are convulsin..., Gragnar (Guest), 14-Nov-04 09:41 AM, #2
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Gragnar Ironbeard the Protector of..., Grurk Muouk, 14-Nov-04 11:23 AM, #3
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Gragnar Ironbeard the Protector of..., Oyiginy (Guest), 14-Nov-04 07:05 PM, #5
          Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Gragnar Ironbeard the Protector of..., Evil Genius (Anonymous), 15-Nov-04 06:35 AM, #6
               Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Gragnar Ironbeard the Protector of..., Oyiginy (Guest), 15-Nov-04 11:44 AM, #7

Gragnar (Guest)Sun 14-Nov-04 02:12 PM

#32660, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Gragnar Ironbeard the Protector of..."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Sun 14-Nov-04 12:28 PM

Moderator: De-flamed. Leave the personal attacks out.

3rd or so attempt to post a leaving note: Browser keeps crashing.

I've played an evil healer so i thought it only fair to try a good one.
Dwarves rock but i missed not having black channels, shroud or nightwalker, such is life.

I deleted this character because i was fed up with the playerbase. It irked me to be the one constantly putting himself out on a limb to get a confrontation. Speaking of which, dispel working like 100% of the time when you have -80svs is really quite annoying.

My rp kinda got shafted from day 1 when elves were falling over themselves to helpful and friendly and the dwarves around were a bunch of ignorant gits with no kinship :> ('cept karosh/kaerdil)

Grurk, much love for the empowerment/tattoo. I'm a far from impressive roleplayer so i appreciate your efforts, thanks.
As a player i was underwhelmed by your tattoo (but i have developed a suspicion about it and my character just couldn't make use of it)
I was happy when you made me Shepherd, i did however become extremely disheartened when i then found out that what you told me appeared to be wrong as i'd already contributed about 1,000,000 copper to other peoples attempts to buy said quest items. Just seemed like another mickey mouse quest with a preordained ending.

Kaerdil, Fantastic! (said most on your own thread so wish original reply crashed i can't be bothered rehashing) You showed me a lot of stuff and kept my pecker up when i was getting irritated by the player base. I held off on my original plan to delete because i felt i'd be letting you down.

Karosh, the final part of the dwarven trinity Cheers for showing me some of Octagonal, never been there before..

Raikorsai, many many thanks for the help you gave and some company (of course it had to be a bloody manling-elf that helped me!)

Uroj, nothing personal. Loved the argument over acolyte, i understood your position well and true but i was coming from Gragnars POV. Thanks for your time.

Acaga, you showed good honour when you stood back and let me beat on some of the imperials in balator, was much appreciated. My later attacks against yourself were doomed to failure, but i enjoyed just hitting people :>

Tyranius, fought the most 1-on-1 fights with you, Oh and yeah, use "where" occasionally, you kept retreating into scion territory then doing #10 misdirect and you wondered why scions kept killing you (and then trying to kill me)

Fortress/Acolytes: didn't spend any time with you guys.
Scions: Muuloc, just avoided you, the 100% effectiveness of dispel combined with nightwalker just wasn't worth my time.

Neo-thieves - you have to be stupid to approach any gang that involves them, they can shaft you every single which way. (evil gangs primarily, since they have more maledictions)

Gragnar (Guest)Sun 14-Nov-04 09:36 AM

#32661, "As for my connection"
In response to Reply #4

Apologies to everyone who was affected by me seemingly going afk at totally random times.
Problem 1 was that i played from work for a time and kept being interrupted at random time.
Problem 2 was that when i played from home my monitor was broken for a time and would randomly collapse into a single bright white line (i'd either be spamming irc with commands by accident or i'd word and go sit in guild until i could beat the monitor into working again)

Gragnar (Guest)Sun 14-Nov-04 09:41 AM

#32662, "P.s. please make Gate work on enemies who are convulsin..."
In response to Reply #1

nt

Grurk MuoukSun 14-Nov-04 11:23 AM
Member since 15th Mar 2004
538 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32663, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Gragnar Ironbeard the Protector of..."
In response to Reply #4

Grurk, much love for the empowerment/tattoo. I'm a far from impressive roleplayer so i appreciate your efforts, thanks.

Your welcome!

As a player i was underwhelmed by your tattoo (but i have developed a suspicion about it and my character just couldn't make use of it)

I don't think anyone has put it to full use yet. Since I haven't
yet told anyone what it does.

I was happy when you made me Shepherd, i did however become extremely disheartened when i then found out that what you told me appeared to be wrong as i'd already contributed about 1,000,000 copper to other peoples attempts to buy said quest items. Just seemed like another mickey mouse quest with a preordained ending.

Apples and oranges. Two different quests. The quest I had you on,
is not the one you are talking about. It got a little confusing I
think, because we had about 3 quests running at the same time. Right
now, two of those are now closed, and the one I had you on is still
running. Sorry I wasn't able to do more with you, but our play times
didn't overlap a whole lot.

Grurk

Oyiginy (Guest)Sun 14-Nov-04 07:05 PM

#32677, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Gragnar Ironbeard the Protector of..."
In response to Reply #4

We only fought a few times, but I have to say I really like Gragnar. I’m still amazed I was able to get away from you, but one thing playing an Orc has done it’s teach me how to run. Too bad you deleted, because I finally got an idea on how better to fight you. That and I wanted to try out my new hammer. Well good luck with your next character.

Oyiginy

P.S. You really did save me against Tjok that time, but Oyiginy wouldn’t admit that.

Evil Genius (inactive user)Mon 15-Nov-04 06:35 AM
Charter member
#32683, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Gragnar Ironbeard the Protector of..."
In response to Reply #5

>We only fought a few times, but I have to say I really like
>Gragnar. I’m still amazed I was able to get away from you,
>but one thing playing an Orc has done it’s teach me how to
>run. Too bad you deleted, because I finally got an idea on
>how better to fight you. That and I wanted to try out my new
>hammer. Well good luck with your next character.
>
>Oyiginy
>
>P.S. You really did save me against Tjok that time, but
>Oyiginy wouldn’t admit that.

Jebus, you run like the fecking wind you do. I was sure at one point you had a mapper or something to autorun you. I got fed up hunting you down and just hoped you'd run out of mv's.

I was actually disappointed by the lack of moves you made, you seemed to rely on fallback and as soon as that ran out you fled.

I can't remember if i had my no-disarm weapon when i fought your or not, but grapple, headbutt, spinebreaker/demoralize/trample are useful skills against me considering you hit hard enough.

Oyiginy (Guest)Mon 15-Nov-04 11:44 AM

#32689, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Gragnar Ironbeard the Protector of..."
In response to Reply #6

Well I don’t have a mapper, but I’ve been playing so long I don’t really need one. I was also never even close to running out of moves.

As for my supposed lack of moves, I did have a plain. If you remember back to one of our earlier fights you’ll see why headbutt was close to useless. My use of fallback was to protect me from blind. I had very little equipment at the time so I knew the blind was coming. Looking back at the log I tried to shield cleave you three times, and I tried to grapple you once, all failed, poor luck on my part I guess. As for spinebreak I was trying to kill you not scare you away. I was hopping to get you to writhing spine you, and then kill you in trample lag, far from likely, but my best chance to finish you off. I still think this was a sound idea, because if you look back at the fight it all went you way once I was blinded.

Anyway try playing an Orc I could use some company.

Oyiginy

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #32641 Previous topic | Next topic