Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [TRIBUNAL] Verdelyeb Ferdalgasp the Inqui..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #32340
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 30-Oct-04 12:36 PM
Member since 21st Sep 2024
17173 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32340, "(RAGE DELETE) [TRIBUNAL] Verdelyeb Ferdalgasp the Inquisitor of the Natural Order, Vindicator of the Blood Tribunal"

Sat Oct 30 12:33:25 2004

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 8th of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Verdelyeb perished, never to return.

Race:half-drow
Class:druid
Level:46
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:193

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Farewells, Verdelyeb, 01-Nov-04 04:32 PM, #7
Reply RE: Farewells, Liurnya (Guest), 01-Nov-04 04:55 PM, #8
Reply Great character, Manden, 01-Nov-04 07:36 PM, #9
Reply Impressive char, Marcus_, 02-Nov-04 09:53 AM, #10
Reply Cheerio., Ehlynn (Guest), 02-Nov-04 01:06 PM, #11
Reply Aww., Tjok. (Guest), 02-Nov-04 02:17 PM, #12
Reply Nice char..., Kaplanov (Guest), 04-Nov-04 12:02 PM, #13
Reply The Betrayer, Krystia (Guest), 01-Nov-04 01:25 PM, #6
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [TRIBUNAL] Verdelyeb Ferdalgasp the I..., Amaranthe, 30-Oct-04 08:04 PM, #3
Reply NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Odrirg, 30-Oct-04 01:46 PM, #1
     Reply He lost his shiney set. nt, Flamebait (Guest), 30-Oct-04 06:53 PM, #2
          Reply RE: He lost his shiney set. nt, Verdelyeb, 30-Oct-04 10:25 PM, #4
               Reply Dammit!, Alarian, 31-Oct-04 09:25 PM, #5

VerdelyebMon 01-Nov-04 04:32 PM
Member since 25th Aug 2004
21 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#32371, "Farewells"
In response to Reply #0

Ah well, my favorite character ever gone and likely my last. What can I say, new job with less free time and it felt like CF had become my second job. I thought I was done with CF a while ago, until I dreamt up this idea. Even with my role plotted, I was not sure I would be empowered at all. To put it plainly: Verdelyeb thought that Nature's plan for man was for us to live in cities and work together (such as a colony of ants). As long as civilization did not take more than nature had to offer, all would be fine. As such, he viewed the Tribunal as the leaders of the pack. Those meant to keep the others in line and drive off the "rabid" wolves.

I still cannot believe how far the character went in such a short time. I was not expecting to be empowered, tattoo'd, inducted into Tribunal and promoted to Vindicator so quickly. Thank you to everyone involved and I am sorry if I disappointed any of you. Well, on to my farewells (hopefully I do not forget anyone..):

IMMORTALS
First and foremost, Phaelim: Verdelyeb viewed you more as a mentor than anything, which is what lead to the loss of your tattoo. I wish I had more time, for I still had many theories I wished to write. Thank you very much for giving me a shot at making it work and for all the interactions. Was a blast

Amaranthe: I enjoyed our talk as well. It was interesting attempting to explain my views to you Thanks for talking with me.

Alarian: It was always nice chatting with you, and thank you for reading over my theory. I did send it to the Lyceum staff for approval, so maybe one day I will actually see it in there. Oh yeah, and thank you for my PBF Beat me to the punch on it.

TRIBUNALS
Manden: Provost at my induction. Thank you for giving me a shot at being a Tribunal. I was not sure how rough of a time I would have applying, but you seemed to enjoy my view on things Wished we could have hunted together.

Althrsis: You have your work cut out for you. Numbers seem to be dwindling and I'm sorry I could no longer devote the time I thought Verdelyeb needed. Good luck to you.

Pearriph/Friblet: My felar buddies... You were the two that helped rank me to where I was (did I mention a Druid tribunal has a rough time finding allies?). Friblet kept me smiling while Pearriph was always a good companion. Good luck to the both of you.

All the rest: There are too many of you that I interacted with, but let me just say that you Tribunals helped make playing Verdelyeb enjoyable (everone needs some allies!). Thanks to you all.

OUTLANDER
Tyke: Wow, I must say you were the most enjoyable hunt I have ever had. You would lead me all over and in the end you usually won. I don't believe I ever finished you, but I did manage to escape some Good luck with your next.

Krystia: Fighting you at the lower ranks was...actually kinda boring Fighting a healer is like punching a wall. You're not going to accomplish much without a sledge hammer. Don't worry about the last death, I knew I was in trouble and well...definately took a risk I didn't have to It was time for Verdelyeb to pass on.

All the rest: I enjoyed our talks (the few that would spare me the time that is) and of course our fights. I did wish to have a shot at some of you at the hero ranks (mainly you Tjok), but towards the end I had no allies and the only way I was ranking was from raiding (850 xp per raid, not too bad).

EMPIRE
Verd grew more and more jaded towards you as time went on. To him, you all seemed to preach order and yet he could not stand the way you enslaved others. Had a few fun fights and a couple talks, but usually I was too busy with others to pay much attention to you.

SCION
Taidyn: Wow, you wrecked me often No matter how many protections I seemed to get, your lion messed me up. The hunt and shackles (only time I got to use the two together) finally got you. Fighting you was second only to fighting Tyke as far as fun/challenging. Good luck to you.

HERALD
Rixljyn: I definately enjoyed our talks/ranking. The one person outside of Trib that I seemed to be friends with Thanks for your support as far as posting my theory. Good luck to you!

RAGERS
Liurnya: The only one I really talked to. As far as I can remember, we only fought a couple times and only once with a death. You were definately honorable and I liked the character. Good luck to you.

I know I am forgetting a ton of people. If you leave a reply I will try to respond to you. Thank you all for making this character fun. To finish it, let me give me thoughts on druids.

Wow...What do you want to be? Healer? Easy enough. Necromancer/Shaman? Yeah, you can maledict and bring pets. Shifter? Yup, you can scout (did I mention refreshing while in form?). Tank? Well, gather some protective herbs and you'll do fine. Ranger? Sure, you get pathfinding AND refresh, not to mention you can use treeform to hide. The only other class that I would say I enjoyed more was Invokers. Druids can do pretty much everything you could ever want. Are they overpowered? Naw, they have their weaknesses. Are you screwed on a full moon? If you choose to fight against the hunt, then likely so...but by picking when to fight you will survive. I am curious to see how a truly wilderness based Druid would be to play as I spent so much time in the cities.

Once again, thank you to everyone that helped shape Verdelyeb and make him entertaining. Maybe I'll be back in the future (couldn't keep away this last time).

Verdelyeb Ferdalgasp
aka Bryan
Verdelyeb@hotmail.com if you want to email me

Liurnya (Guest)Mon 01-Nov-04 04:55 PM

#32372, "RE: Farewells"
In response to Reply #7

I enjoyed our interactions. I remember when you came to help defend the giant against four imperials....you arrived, they all went running. I then started to smalk talk them about four not being able to handle two, only to hear 'The druid counts as at least two'. Had me laughing. Anyway I enjoyed the fights, too bad I didn't take one of you down with me. I should have but damn you for healing Friblet I think it was when he was gonna die to the impale.
Take care.
Liurnya

MandenMon 01-Nov-04 07:36 PM
Member since 30th Jul 2004
136 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32373, "Great character"
In response to Reply #7

You probably had one of the most receptive Provosts in recent times to something like a Verdelyeb character; I was at Amaranthe's shrine far longer than I was at Velkurah's.

Apparently I was criticized by overseers for inducting you, and had my doubts, but you were such a refreshing change from all of the other current applicants (you even used emotes!) that when the Captain of the Guards said they couldn't see any reason why you couldn't be a Trib it was good enough for me.

It would have been nice to run around hunting with you and Althrsis, but similar things happened to my interest as did yours. I knew you'd be a fearsome Vindicator, but always thought you'd be given Justiciar instead. Ah well, good luck with work.

Marcus_Tue 02-Nov-04 09:53 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
681 posts
#32379, "Impressive char"
In response to Reply #7

You were definitley one of the most skilled runners/chasers I've met in cf. Plenty of good to great fights, though I sometimes felt like a one-trick pony... I'm sure you know what I mean :p When I saw you had become Vindy, I was like damn with bloody shackles and the hunt there's no way I'm gonna survive this. That combo is damn near impossible to survive for most classes.

See you in the fields when your resolve to stay away falters...

Ehlynn (Guest)Tue 02-Nov-04 01:06 PM

#32381, "Cheerio."
In response to Reply #7

I'm right behind ya. Life's gotten busy, and the prospect of logging Reapergirl on feels like work

Good fights, good fun. Whee?

Tjok. (Guest)Tue 02-Nov-04 02:17 PM

#32382, "Aww."
In response to Reply #7

Awww. Disappointing. After dealing with repeated bloody shackles and watching helplessly from the sidelines while you did your thing, I really wanted the chance to rumble with Verdelyeb before Tjok kicked it.

I always had a pair of wooden weapons ready and waiting for Verdelyeb to reach the magical level 47. Anyway, it looked like a tough well roleplayed character with substantial PK potential and power - good job and good luck with whatever you do next.

Kaplanov (Guest)Thu 04-Nov-04 12:02 PM

#32442, "Nice char..."
In response to Reply #7

I really liked this char. If you thought it was involved being Vindy, you are lucky that when Velk asked me and Tambar who should be Provost, you were too young. We both recommended you, but you didn't even have the minimum rank yet to be Provincial. Ha! I guess you got lucky there. Anyway, nice job quitting CF...We will see you back in a few months! You can't escape the rape!
-Kaplanov

Krystia (Guest)Mon 01-Nov-04 01:25 PM

#32366, "The Betrayer"
In response to Reply #0

Ouch! Was with the Outlander that brought you down your last time. It seemed... unfitting. I dunno. As Krystia, I completely despised you and advocated the nickname "The Betrayer". When we were within PK range of each other, I never could do much to deter you from anything, but I proved enough of an annoyance that every now and then you would stop raiding and just leave. A cloud giant healer usually has little to fear as it is quite easy to get away from anyone. You were just plain vicious. Player me loved the challenge you presented in the game. I knew that if we stopped and tangled with each other, there would be a good chance you'd kill me. I adored you for that. Sorry to see you go in the fashion that you did. You made a scary vindicator. I wish you would have kept ranking so that I'd have a hero druid to fight. Oh well. Good luck with your next.

P.S. I laughed out loud when Lin-Ha started taunting you during that raid where you and Althrsis came.

AmarantheSat 30-Oct-04 08:04 PM
Member since 17th Mar 2003
536 posts
#32353, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [TRIBUNAL] Verdelyeb Ferdalgasp the I..."
In response to Reply #0

Darn. There goes my nifty plan for your trial in the Court of Druids. Pbbt.

OdrirgSat 30-Oct-04 01:46 PM
Member since 16th Oct 2004
431 posts
#32341, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
In response to Reply #0

I love seeing strong Vindicators.

while I never interacted with you, I loved seeing a DRUID as a Vindicator, and had hoped you would stick around to really bring the pain on outlanders.

What happened?

Flamebait (Guest)Sat 30-Oct-04 06:53 PM

#32351, "He lost his shiney set. nt"
In response to Reply #1

nt

VerdelyebSat 30-Oct-04 10:25 PM
Member since 25th Aug 2004
21 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#32355, "RE: He lost his shiney set. nt"
In response to Reply #2

Actually I lost my shiny set much earlier. Just lost time and interest in playing and went one last death. Will write my farewells when I have the time.

Verdelyeb

AlarianSun 31-Oct-04 09:25 PM
Member since 02nd Sep 2004
61 posts
#32364, "Dammit!"
In response to Reply #4

You were easily one of the more interesting characters I've come across. You took what appeared to be a completely mismatched class/cabal combo and made it work and even sound normal.

Hope you submitted your work to the Lycaeum and your PFB is on the way.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #32340 Previous topic | Next topic