Subject: "(DELETED) Wurkun, whatever that title was." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #32292
Show all folders

Wurkun (Guest)Thu 28-Oct-04 01:20 AM

#32292, "(DELETED) Wurkun, whatever that title was."

I should have known something was up with Zukir. I get caught up in classes, unable to find time to roleplay my specs back. I think eh, that's alright, two, three weeks at most, no character deleted, I will be fine. Low and behold I'm Anamthema. Perhaps it was code. Perhaps it was Immortals. Either way it was depressing, and Grurk had been to nice to Zukir. Perhaps I should make it up to him.

Enter Wurkun, a measly put together role, but nonetheless effective. I begin to pray, following the helpfile closely, and he shows up! Hooray! I was promptly seen as unworthy and told to get to a certain title for empowerment. Bah, tis all good, a chance to prove myself.

What followed is possibly the best empowerment I have and will ever see. For those wishing to follow the Father, Rebirth is amazing. I will leave it at that, not to spoil the fun.

Time passed, and suddenly I make a mistake, my fault. I took an invoker and a bard to the Palace, summoned a necromancer and slayed him. Horrible, horrible ganging to which i should have been kicked in the teeth. I despise the noobness of Empire and their obsession with ganging, I shouldn't lower myself to their level. (Although ganging sure did feel good, fools that gang that much deserve to die to gangs. Live by the sword, by die the sword, or many of them in fact) Regardless, the Father took what I believe to be proper actions. A warning to not do such again.

Sure enough, I promptly charge out and slay four darkhearts, to show my worth, as it seems to be the theme for Wurkun. I lay my butt on the line for the next week, trying to find solo fights only to see Empire call in lackeys and gang me to doom. Bah, no sweat, I'm sure it's all good in immortal eyes. But then the kick in the, well, balls, no other way to put it. Carrying a wanted flag, an incident occured to which i was outnumbered and attempted to be made dead. Not a problem, except friends I had been traveling with come to the spot I was fighting and autoassist into the fight. Something I neither asked for nor was hoping for. Regardless to say, one fell and the other fled. Not truly ganging, 3 v 2. And a later 3 at that. But all is not well. I promptly lose empowerment and scorned for ganging. What!? Bah.

Now then, to stop the ranting, I will finish my goodbyes. But was my Lord right in his actions? Perhaps, you be the judge.

Grurk- Needless to say, you were a nice immortal. Always fun to interact with you. Except when you were punishing me. Which happened half the time. You are kewl, your religion is great, combined they need work. Constructive critism? Take the stick out yer arse There's a line between Anger and Too Uptight To See The Truth. But liked you overall, moreso with Zukir.

To those who traveled with me-
Shisi- Awesome invoker, great roleplay, keep going, you're gonna be awesome.

Erdine-Ah my King. Such roleplay that is nearly unparalled. Well done, well done.

Bah, I forget the rest, you get the idea.

Enemies-

Get some balls. Please. No offense, but I take pride in the fact I charge into situations that I may lose. Just because you may lose does not mean call in team gang and make sure you can win. It means suck it up if you lose, and be even happier if you win. People need to learn this lesson. There is no pride in saying I crushed my opponent! (And so did the other three that helped!) There is no pride in bringing along characters nine ranks higher than others just so you have someone else to harm them.

To a certain a-p: Hmm, how to say. The whole inability to handle death perturbed me. Secondly, I was not an honor bound character. Get over it. I was an Anger sphere, the idea is to MAKE you angry at me. Duh. And learn to do as stated above.

I tried to make this post constructive. I'm sure parts seem like bitterness and whining, which I admit, some of it may be. But I also think like Freud, you can ignore most of my blathering and find key elements to which we should all live by. This being my first paladin was fun, and nor will it be my last. Right now I'm attempting to study cabals more, so who knows what shall be rolled up next. Until then, good luck to you all. Oh. And goodies ARENT my bag. Im the see person, kill person type. *shrug* Farewell!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Grurk MuoukThu 28-Oct-04 04:02 PM
Member since 15th Mar 2004
538 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32300, "Few comments."
In response to Reply #0

Most of what I wanted to say is in your PBF.

But here are a few general comments about my religion:

- I am evil. This means we aren't going to hug and hold hands
and whisper sweet things in to each others ear, long into the
wee hours of the morning.

- Lightwalkers and Grurk. While my religion isn't specifically
evil, (You must go out and kill small children, no) it's still
headed by an evil deity. I don't mind the occasional paladin
or goodie shaman.. but you are going to be held to an extreme
standard.

- So what's the standard? I'm a big fan of my helpfile. While
it's certainly open to interpretation, one facet of my religion
will always supercede player creativity. Grurk hunted alone as
a mortal, almost exclusively. I expect those who follow me to
do the same, hence the reference in the helpfile:

Followers of the Molten Circle hold their ideas of Justice
and Anger very personally, and often act alone to enact Vengeance.
While they have been known to join organizations with various
causes matching their own, they are often seen as distant and
withdrawn by their comrades.

I take those two sentences very seriously, when choosing who gets
my power.

Grurk MuoukThu 28-Oct-04 04:03 PM
Member since 15th Mar 2004
538 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32301, "BTW: I don't mind logs being posted of me. I encourage..."
In response to Reply #2

BTW: I don't mind logs being posted of me. I encourage it. n/t

Wurkun (Guest)Thu 28-Oct-04 07:34 PM

#32305, "RE: Few comments."
In response to Reply #2

Thanks. A lot actually. This helps me understand things a little bit more. And yeah, I just don't want to spoil the fun of following your religion I have only been playing for about a year and half, on and off. It probably a combination of my not being ready to handle such a...extreme standard and the fact this was my first pally. But thank again for the tips and hints on your religion: I think it's a great one.

And yeah, I would understand that an extreme standard would require severe actions. But when your mates autoassist into a fight because they come up to you when you didn't ask them to, it's not like I MEANT to gang that person. But yeah, I guess that's my fault for not realizing that could happen. Oh well You never know, you may find me supporting your religion a few months from now in the form of a different charcter. Great Immortal, keep it up.

Vinulurt (Guest)Fri 29-Oct-04 06:06 PM

#32318, "In his defense..."
In response to Reply #2

The time he's talking about where the Tribunal and his helper ran in and got "ganged" our whole group was in a room. THEY rain in and attacked. There was almost no time between them attacking and the Tribunal guy dying. It wasn't like he went after someone with a gang.

Our group was together, got attacked, and one of the guys attacking died.

ORBThu 28-Oct-04 07:20 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
993 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32293, "Goodbye"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Thu 28-Oct-04 07:25 AM

I had some good fights with you, good luck with your next one.

That which does not kill us,
makes us stronger.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #32292 Previous topic | Next topic