Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Hentogi blah blah blah Godfather of bl..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #32286
Show all folders

Hentogi (Guest)Wed 27-Oct-04 06:37 PM

#32286, "(DELETED) [None] Hentogi blah blah blah Godfather of blah."

Well, I had decided on my next death I was going to delete. I had been trying to contact Qaledus for the past few weeks to no avail, and truth be told I had already decided to delete before that. I applied to imm back on august 10th and never heard a word so that was kind of a downer. I know they say it could take awhile, but I tried to hint that I wasn't interested in age dying this char in my role. I suppose I should have just spelled it out, or maybe I just wasn't good enough. Either way, my playing times of late were not indicitive of the time I would have spent as an imm. I just wasn't having fun anymore and wanted to move on. Guess I should have just said it.

During that time I had chose to role up another char because Hentogi had become sooooo boring. All my friends were dead and the hero range was pathetic. There were MANY times of late that I would log on in prime time on weeknights and weekends to find 5 people in the hero range other than me. I have no idea what the users command counts, but it says players were in the 70's during these times when I never saw more than 45 people on. I highly doubt there were 25+ camo'd or duo'd players on. In the end I was pretty much only staying around to finish a particular quest that had taken up the better part of his life. This is gettin kinda long so I'll just get to the goodbyes.

QALEDUS: You are the one of, if not the coolest imm I've had the pleasure to interact with. Thanks for the tat that no one else could see. I suppose the description should tipped me off that was the case, but it didn't stop me from trying to show it to a few close friends. All that stuff you had me doing in the beginning was cool, but damned if I didn't feel like an idiot when you told me to do something and I did it only to have nothing happen. Then show you later only to find out it was a bug. I hope I helped you fix some issues with poisoners and a few others I shouldn't mention here. I really wish I could have seen you once more before I deleted but such is life. I really wanted to know if I figured out the secret you were tellin me about, but I was being denied because of another bug. I was willing to trade Bal'Talon for the information since I had stolen it for just that purpose.

CADDY: You were probably my best friend even tho I wasn't yours. We had a lot of fun running around all over the place and finding new and interesting ways to die. I think we helped each other quite a bit in our tasks given by the Boss. After you left I never found someone else to replace you as my travelling companion. Believe me I tried, but no one else ever bothered to trust me. Imagine that.

RAJA: It was never gonna work. Hentogi was just playing with you and enjoyed the attention. You were one of the very few people Hentogi would help without compensation.

ALESSA/TWO PORCS: Thanks for helping hero me in record time. A svirf poisoner is pretty much worthless in a ranking group. I could do damage but it was far too expensive to do so.

LUCRUCIEN(sp?): We had a decent arrangement going there. Never quite trusted you but I think that went both ways. I suppose we sort of had a mutual leave each other alone policy.

If I left you out it is only because I have distanced myself from this char a bit and most of my friends have been dead for months. Even tho I rolled up a char I'm not sure that I'll ever be back in full force. The diminished playerbase is really killing the game for me. I miss the times having 20-30+ people in hero range. The most I've seen in the past month is 11.

This is the Godfather signing out.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Hentogi blah blah blah Godfather o..., Qaledus, 29-Oct-04 02:47 PM, #8
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Hentogi blah blah blah Godfather o..., Hentogi (Guest), 29-Oct-04 04:00 PM, #9
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Hentogi blah blah blah Godfather o..., Cadothu, 28-Oct-04 07:35 PM, #7
Reply Too bad..., Kintros (Guest), 28-Oct-04 03:18 PM, #4
Reply RE: Too bad..., Hentogi (Guest), 28-Oct-04 05:40 PM, #5
Reply Too bad, I was looking forward to paying my debt., Restraal (Guest), 28-Oct-04 07:42 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Too bad, I was looking forward to paying my debt., Hentogi (Guest), 28-Oct-04 10:31 AM, #2
          Reply Yes, but no gold was involved in our little deal ; I, Restraal (Guest), 28-Oct-04 12:00 PM, #3
               Reply For everything there is a reason., Hentogi (Guest), 28-Oct-04 05:46 PM, #6

QaledusFri 29-Oct-04 02:47 PM
Member since 09th May 2004
458 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32315, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Hentogi blah blah blah Godfather o..."
In response to Reply #0

>QALEDUS: You are the one of, if not the coolest imm I've had
>the pleasure to interact with. Thanks for the tat that no one
>else could see. I suppose the description should tipped me off
>that was the case, but it didn't stop me from trying to show
>it to a few close friends.

Thanks. As for the tattoo, it does say Concealment beside my door.
(It's behind S's dealie where you can't see it.)

>All that stuff you had me doing in
>the beginning was cool, but damned if I didn't feel like an
>idiot when you told me to do something and I did it only to
>have nothing happen. Then show you later only to find out it
>was a bug.

And that made me feel smart?
At least that greasy duergar is selling that one thing now.

>I hope I helped you fix some issues with poisoners
>and a few others I shouldn't mention here.

Yep.

>I really wish I could have seen you once more before I deleted
>but such is life.

Me too, but I've been swamped at work and our times didn't mesh
too well for a while.

>I really wanted to know if I figured out the secret you
>were tellin me about, but I was being denied because of
>another bug.

If you mean the thing at the thing, you were close, but missing
something. Whoever figures that out is going to flip out. It
should be pretty cool if the day ever comes.

I liked Hentogi and it was nice to have a poisoner around.
Sorry we didn't get to hang out more, recently.

Hentogi (Guest)Fri 29-Oct-04 04:00 PM

#32316, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Hentogi blah blah blah Godfather o..."
In response to Reply #8

>Thanks. As for the tattoo, it does say Concealment beside my
>door.
> It's behind S's dealie where you can't see it.)

Ya, but Cad's tattoo could be seen. I just assumed people could see mine too.

>>I really wanted to know if I figured out the secret you
>>were tellin me about, but I was being denied because of
>>another bug.
>
>If you mean the thing at the thing, you were close, but
>missing
>something. Whoever figures that out is going to flip out. It
>should be pretty cool if the day ever comes.

I don't think you have any idea how much time I spent trying to figure that out. I don't think anyone would ever stumble across it without guidance. I found a few extra secrets in my search that were quite interesting. Since I know I was close, i'll figure it out someday.

>I liked Hentogi and it was nice to have a poisoner around.
>Sorry we didn't get to hang out more, recently.

Ya, this started out as test character. I didn't really have much interest in putting a role in, I just wanted to play around. He was sort of my attempt at playing an entropy character with actually being in the cabal. Then you had to come and give me some purpose. Damn you. Heh, Thanks again tho, you made this one of my more enjoyable chars in a long time. I tried to make him fairly unpredictable and random, not sure how well I did in conveying that thru my actions. It was definitely a change from otherwise pk oriented chars. You can bet I'll be around your office again, just not for awhile. It's time to do something different.

CadothuThu 28-Oct-04 07:35 PM
Member since 01st Jul 2004
158 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32306, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Hentogi blah blah blah Godfather o..."
In response to Reply #0

I'm glad I could keep the game fun for you while I was alive. When Hipsin was around a lot, he was my closest thief friend. After he had a lot of OOC stuff to attend to though... I can tell you the feelings were mutual. I loved to see the "Hentogi steps out of the shadows." right there at the Inn, I knew that my boredom would soon be over (if I was bored at the time).

I wanted to say one thing to you, and instead of spamming the forums here with the chitchat, I'd like to email you if I could. Just a sort of personal goodbye and a quick question. If you want, drop a line to mngraphics85@hotmail.com

Keep it real with whatever you're up to now,
Greg

Kintros (Guest)Thu 28-Oct-04 03:18 PM

#32299, "Too bad..."
In response to Reply #0

I was looking forward to some leader to leader RP between us, but my times have been rare and sporatic since I'm trying to get moved into a new apartment (finally getting to move in this tuesday hopefully). Anyhow, well played and I remember you trying to poison one of my other chars in azreth woods mid-20's. Was funny interacting with you then =P

Hentogi (Guest)Thu 28-Oct-04 05:40 PM

#32303, "RE: Too bad..."
In response to Reply #4

>I was looking forward to some leader to leader RP between us,
>but my times have been rare and sporatic since I'm trying to
>get moved into a new apartment (finally getting to move in
>this tuesday hopefully). Anyhow, well played and I remember
>you trying to poison one of my other chars in azreth woods
>mid-20's. Was funny interacting with you then =P

Ya, I had high hopes for Hentogi but in the end they just didn't materialize due to boredom. Calheil was probably the thief I knew the best and we worked together a lot. Would have been nice to have a trapper as a buddy. I can think of some ways to seriously abuse that to kill lots of people. Oh well.

I think you were probably one of my test dummies in the early days. I used to pick on certain people just to poison them and observe what happened. Who knew I had a sadastic side.

Restraal (Guest)Thu 28-Oct-04 07:42 AM

#32294, "Too bad, I was looking forward to paying my debt."
In response to Reply #0

Thanks for the help. I think you let me purchase what I wanted too cheaply ;p

Hentogi (Guest)Thu 28-Oct-04 10:31 AM

#32296, "RE: Too bad, I was looking forward to paying my debt."
In response to Reply #1

>Thanks for the help. I think you let me purchase what I
>wanted too cheaply ;p

Hentogi was more about getting the deal done than haggling over price. He liked to deal more in volume. I came across things so quickly that my inventory was usually completely full so I would have to drop something just to eat. So getting rid of things quickly was my priority. In his younger years he sold just about everything he had for 10 gold. I'm sure many people can attest to that.

Restraal (Guest)Thu 28-Oct-04 12:00 PM

#32297, "Yes, but no gold was involved in our little deal ; I"
In response to Reply #2

s

Hentogi (Guest)Thu 28-Oct-04 05:46 PM

#32304, "For everything there is a reason."
In response to Reply #3

I thought I might have sold you an item, but now I remember our arrangement. I was inclined to give it to you for free just because of the nature of what it was. It brought strength to what Hentogi believed in, and it helped you get something that I don't think you should have had to wait ages for to get. Again, just my opinion. I didn't need any material wealth at that point so that is why the terms of the deal were as such. Besides, if you had turned on me I could have made your life far more miserable than you ever could mine. Just ask Grigglegorb or Jhishesh.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #32286 Previous topic | Next topic