Subject: "(DELETED) [HERALD] Kikiani the Dai Sensei of Suds, Shar..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #32237
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 24-Oct-04 05:24 PM
Member since 21st Sep 2024
17174 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32237, "(DELETED) [HERALD] Kikiani the Dai Sensei of Suds, Sharp-Tongued Ale Slinger"

Sun Oct 24 17:23:07 2004

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 9th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Kikiani perished, never to return.

Race:half-elf
Class:assassin
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:207

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Kikiani the Dai Sensei of Suds, ..., Kohl (Guest), 26-Oct-04 01:45 PM, #13
Reply RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Kikiani the Dai Sensei of Suds, ..., Kiki (Guest), 26-Oct-04 09:18 PM, #15
Reply Loved ya.., Martoonie (Guest), 25-Oct-04 10:22 AM, #10
Reply RE: Loved ya.., Kiki (Guest), 25-Oct-04 12:32 PM, #11
Reply Oops, one more thing., Kiki (Guest), 24-Oct-04 08:47 PM, #6
Reply Goodbyes, Kiki (Guest), 24-Oct-04 06:03 PM, #1
     Reply FINE, but I'm the better tourguide., Esfergref (Guest), 24-Oct-04 07:26 PM, #2
     Reply Marriage is overrated., Kiki (Guest), 24-Oct-04 07:52 PM, #3
          Reply Its true. I'm weak willed and need help =( nt, Esfergref (Guest), 24-Oct-04 08:02 PM, #5
     Reply A few I forgot., Kiki (Guest), 24-Oct-04 07:57 PM, #4
     Reply about heralds, Rytox (Guest), 24-Oct-04 09:55 PM, #7
     Reply Rytox!, Kiki (Guest), 24-Oct-04 10:47 PM, #8
     Reply If you won't, I will, Splntrd, 24-Oct-04 11:38 PM, #9
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, Fungor. (Guest), 26-Oct-04 08:47 AM, #12
          Reply RE: Goodbyes, Kiki (Guest), 26-Oct-04 09:16 PM, #14

Kohl (Guest)Tue 26-Oct-04 01:45 PM

#32271, "RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Kikiani the Dai Sensei of Suds, ..."
In response to Reply #0

Sorry to see ya go,really enjoyed interacting when Kohl could ever see her. Or even speak with her at times, never seemed to be around when Kohl was awake but that was alright, good luck in all that you do.

Kiki (Guest)Tue 26-Oct-04 09:18 PM

#32277, "RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Kikiani the Dai Sensei of Suds, ..."
In response to Reply #13

What can I say? I think most of the Kiki heyday was before you were around, and my time sorta petered out from there. Not being seen was pretty fun though, because you could listen in on a lot of secret conversations.

Martoonie (Guest)Mon 25-Oct-04 10:22 AM

#32254, "Loved ya.."
In response to Reply #0

Almost enough said there, but I wanted to make it clear that Heralds needs sharp minded folks like you. You were great to interact with and I for one am sad to see you go.

Martoonie

Kiki (Guest)Mon 25-Oct-04 12:32 PM

#32256, "RE: Loved ya.."
In response to Reply #10

Aw, shucks. I don't think we really got to interact much because by the time you came along I was only logging in weekends for the most part. Glad I could play a hand in shoving Ioniyeh your way.

Kiki (Guest)Sun 24-Oct-04 08:47 PM

#32243, "Oops, one more thing."
In response to Reply #0

To the Imm that told me "geez" isn't appropriate for CF... I guess I sort of understood your reasoning, but I thought it was stupid. I've heard dozens of people use the word, and I don't think anyone really cares if it's derived from Jesus. There's probably a ton of words that if you wanted to be technical about, shouldn't be used. I hope this isn't a sign of the direction the Imms are going, because this is supposed to be about fun, not about being sticklers for vocabulary. That really was my only negative experience with this character, and I had plenty of positive interaction, so keep up the good work!

Kiki (Guest)Sun 24-Oct-04 06:03 PM

#32238, "Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #0

I wish I could say this deletion was driven by boredom or getting tired of the character, etc. Actually I was still having fun when I had the chance to log on, but working up the desire to log on was hard to do. I've found that Herald is such a cliquey cabal that if you don't log on 25-30 hours a week, you're bound to be left out of a lot of things. I think the best part about that was being able to spy on other Heralds and their "private" conversations, getting to hear it all from the horse's mouth. That's only so much fun though, and I decided it was just time to drop the axe. The following goodbyes be mostly directed to Herald, since they're basically the only people who interacted with me.

Esfergref - You were rock solid. One of the best High Heralds I've seen in a long time. You were fun without being really annoying or stupid, and just great to hang around with. Too bad you had to go and get married! I'm still the better bartender, by the way.

Thigodus - I wish I had gotten the chance to hang out with you more, because you were just kick ass. At first I felt grumpy because I was the half-elf assassin in Herald, and I figured you were going to steal my thunder. Turns out, you really did but I didn't mind. Great roleplay and fun to be around.

Rixljyn - I didn't really get the chance to spend a lot of time around you, but you really seemed to be the best choice for High Herald. It's not an easy job; I know from past experience. I pretty much did everything possible to not get offered it, because leadership tends to kill my login desires. I guess time did that all by itself. I know I had a lot of ideas and feel free to run with those. I've played past Heralds that were all about following through with that kind of thing, and this time around I just didn't feel like putting forth the effort. Good luck with all the politics, and don't be afraid to kick people in the balls if they need it.

Lariya - Sorry we didn't finish talking about that secret business.

I can't think of anything else to say right now. Post something and I'll respond as needed.

Esfergref (Guest)Sun 24-Oct-04 07:26 PM

#32239, "FINE, but I'm the better tourguide."
In response to Reply #1

You rocked, plain and simple. I was hoping you'd get high herald after I kicked the bucket but..you didn't want it so.. I'm glad you didn't, then?

And the marriage thing..common, if you were an ugly little svirfnebli(I finally memorized that spelling with this character..) with a giant nose and a drinking problem, and some beautiful half-elf start coming on to you, you wouldn't go for it!?

Kiki (Guest)Sun 24-Oct-04 07:52 PM

#32240, "Marriage is overrated."
In response to Reply #2

I don't get why it's a prerequisite that Heralds get married! When you really think about it, this is the only cabal where people get married on a regular basis. It's time to stop! Go go single life!

Also, how many girls do you know go for short guys? I don't know very many. And it happens at the Inn all the time, heh. Talk about your low standards.

Esfergref (Guest)Sun 24-Oct-04 08:02 PM

#32242, "Its true. I'm weak willed and need help =( nt"
In response to Reply #3

sf

Kiki (Guest)Sun 24-Oct-04 07:57 PM

#32241, "A few I forgot."
In response to Reply #1

To whichever Imm thought up my title, I really liked it.

Arvam - Thanks for listening to my concerns about various people in the cabal.

Cadothu - Thanks for bearing with me and showing you that secret stuff.

Kazal - Thera Now!

Rytox (Guest)Sun 24-Oct-04 09:55 PM

#32245, "about heralds"
In response to Reply #1

Well I had fun traveling with you ..sorry about the first pincer

but the problem you described is fairly common with the cabal, if you trace back goodbyes you'll see the same people play heralds over and over and over. Which is fine, however there is one glaring problem with that, that I wont mention but is fairly obvious.

anyway, thought you were a fun, quirky char and wish you luck with your next.

Kiki (Guest)Sun 24-Oct-04 10:47 PM

#32246, "Rytox!"
In response to Reply #7

Wow, it's been a long time! Yea, we didn't start off real well, what with you and that A-P killing me in Udgaard. I thought you were pretty fun to hang around with though.

It's a niche cabal that's only going to attract a small slice of the playerbase, and since no other cabal really offers the same atmosphere, they just keep coming back. What can you do?

SplntrdSun 24-Oct-04 11:38 PM
Member since 08th Feb 2004
1096 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32248, "If you won't, I will"
In response to Reply #7

The cabal gets stagnant. You get the same ideas and the same personalities coming back time after time, until eventually, the faces change, the characters don't. I don't have a solution for it, and I don't think anybody does. So like Kiki said... what can ya do?

Splntrd

Fungor. (Guest)Tue 26-Oct-04 08:47 AM

#32262, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

Now, what can I say about Kiki, since I didn't see you much. Can't think of much to say and nothing still comes to mind, but I guess you were an okay Herald. When you are around long, other Heralds start to meld up in your mind into a gray mass. Some I remember well, some I don't. Kikiani didn't stand up to me very well from this mass(she melded with her contemporary Naloueme for some reason), probably because many bartenders were there. One thing I remember is Cadothu saying that I learned that habit of marking him from you, which I didn't, though. But as overall, Fungor didn't know Kikiani very well(or perhaps the old bird is just starting to develop a dementia in his old days ).

Fungor

Kiki (Guest)Tue 26-Oct-04 09:16 PM

#32276, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #12

Yea, everything you pretty much said tells me you didn't know Kiki at all, because she was a lot different than Naloueme. You were a daytime guy I think, and I wasn't. That's that.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #32237 Previous topic | Next topic