Subject: "(DELETED) [HERALD] Ioniyeh Linyeha the Purveyor of Leaf..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #31835
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 09-Oct-04 04:44 PM
Member since 21st Sep 2024
17173 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31835, "(DELETED) [HERALD] Ioniyeh Linyeha the Purveyor of Leafy Greens, High Herald of the Eternal Star"

Sat Oct 9 16:42:36 2004

At 9 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 18th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Ioniyeh perished, never to return.

Race:wood-elf
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:435

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply One Question., Martoonie (Guest), 18-Oct-04 11:21 AM, #22
Reply Stetement, Martoonie (Guest), 26-Oct-04 11:16 PM, #23
     Reply xoxoxo, Ioniyeh (Guest), 27-Oct-04 03:48 PM, #24
          Reply RE: xoxoxo, Martoonie (Guest), 27-Oct-04 11:44 PM, #25
Reply Sorry to see her go, nubley (Guest), 12-Oct-04 11:19 AM, #19
Reply Blah blah blah., Ioniyeh (Guest), 09-Oct-04 10:26 PM, #1
     Reply Bah, Miaree (Guest), 09-Oct-04 11:04 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Bah, Ioniyeh (Guest), 10-Oct-04 08:47 PM, #11
     Reply I must agree with Miaree, Fungor. (Guest), 10-Oct-04 04:08 AM, #3
     Reply RE: I must agree with Miaree, Ioniyeh (Guest), 10-Oct-04 08:54 PM, #12
          Reply Aww..., Fungor. (Guest), 11-Oct-04 06:07 AM, #18
     Reply D'aw., Esfergref (Guest), 10-Oct-04 07:48 AM, #4
     Reply Diagreeing with Mia and Fungor, EmeraldLady, 10-Oct-04 01:27 PM, #5
     Reply Uh?, Miaree (Guest), 10-Oct-04 02:11 PM, #6
     Reply RE: Diagreeing with Mia and Fungor, Ioniyeh (Guest), 10-Oct-04 09:21 PM, #16
          Reply Furry babies!, EmeraldLady, 10-Oct-04 11:20 PM, #17
     Reply RE: D'aw., Ioniyeh (Guest), 10-Oct-04 08:59 PM, #13
     Reply Bleh.., Martoonie (Guest), 10-Oct-04 02:57 PM, #7
     Reply RE: Bleh.., Ioniyeh (Guest), 10-Oct-04 09:06 PM, #14
     Reply My take., Shazirah, 10-Oct-04 03:16 PM, #8
     Reply RE: My take., Ioniyeh (Guest), 10-Oct-04 08:40 PM, #10
     Reply Well, sorry to see you go, Selessya (Guest), 10-Oct-04 08:17 PM, #9
     Reply RE: Well, sorry to see you go, Ioniyeh (Guest), 10-Oct-04 09:15 PM, #15
     Reply Sorry to see her go, Nubley (Guest), 12-Oct-04 11:24 AM, #20
     Reply Heh., Alarian, 15-Oct-04 01:53 PM, #21

Martoonie (Guest)Mon 18-Oct-04 11:21 AM

#32167, "One Question."
In response to Reply #0

Was it a boy or a girl?!

Martoonie

Martoonie (Guest)Tue 26-Oct-04 11:16 PM

#32278, "Stetement"
In response to Reply #22

You still did not answer the question.
I just wanted to mention I was truly honored to make it into your role. It was well written. Thank you.

Ioniyeh (Guest)Wed 27-Oct-04 03:48 PM

#32283, "xoxoxo"
In response to Reply #23

Whether it was a girl or boy was something I never bothered to resolve as Ioniyeh "left for home" before anything ever happened.

But, uh, since you're curious, I'll decide arbitrarily right now: girl.

Martoonie (Guest)Wed 27-Oct-04 11:44 PM

#32290, "RE: xoxoxo"
In response to Reply #24

Heh. I really was hoping she had decided beforehand, but I just wanted to see if my letter had been right or wrong. I'm guessing you just went with the letter. Still.. fun stuff.

nubley (Guest)Tue 12-Oct-04 11:19 AM

#31904, "Sorry to see her go"
In response to Reply #0

We had our bad time you Big nasty rotten negativy vortex LOL....and then we had many good times together. All the adventures and talks together...Great character, wish I get to know her better sooner. Can't wait to interact with whoever the new character is.

Ioniyeh (Guest)Sat 09-Oct-04 10:26 PM

#31840, "Blah blah blah."
In response to Reply #0

Well. Ioniyeh is gone and I'm rather glad. Logging in was becoming a chore, so I figured my best option now was to delete. Sorry to anyone who is terribly disappointed and dismayed by this. I've played *a lot* of Heralds lately, and this one is going to be my last for a while, I think. I adore the cabal and its IMMs, so, eventually I will be back in some form or another. I hope everyone who interacted with me was able to enjoy the experience.

I owe a whole lot of people goodbyes, but I'm lazy and don't feel like typing up a whole list, so whoever replies will get some gushing from me. Yeah.

Miaree (Guest)Sat 09-Oct-04 11:04 PM

#31841, "Bah"
In response to Reply #1

Seriously, people need to stop dying before me. That's just bad
sportsmanship, pfft. That's all I'm saying!

Ioniyeh (Guest)Sun 10-Oct-04 08:47 PM

#31869, "RE: Bah"
In response to Reply #2

You old cat, you've outlived four of my characters and you never cease to amaze 'cause you're so cool. Thanks for making me the Duergar Queen and all the fungus.

Fungor. (Guest)Sun 10-Oct-04 04:08 AM

#31844, "I must agree with Miaree"
In response to Reply #1

For it sure was a nasty trick to go before the elderly. I think you should have typed the whole list since every Herald will reply here anyway, and after that promise you'll just have to do the same list as small posts.

Well... the dragonhunt with Ioniyeh was fun enough experience(even though the cloud giant was a cheapskate) and with that sickness in Arboria graveyard after, which was the first time I had a lot of negative mana and with that, I truly feel sick IC. Well.. good luck on your next and feel free to tell with how many Heralds you knew Fungor(who will have to get used to the fifth High Herald in his old days). Well... I think Ioniyeh was a good choise for a High Herald, too bad that so many of the young ones you inducted deleted(if even one doesn't, you're already winning, though).

Fungor

Ioniyeh (Guest)Sun 10-Oct-04 08:54 PM

#31870, "RE: I must agree with Miaree"
In response to Reply #3

I think you've outlived me thrice thusfar, but Mia's still totally older.
Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the fall-apart cow steaks (or whatever it was that I cooked). At the end, that guilt trip Fungor laid on me had me pouting so hard IRL, but my mind was made up to delete. As far as my inductees go... the *really* good ones stuck around and with that I am pleased.

Fungor. (Guest)Mon 11-Oct-04 06:07 AM

#31880, "Aww..."
In response to Reply #12

Sorry about the guilt trip. Of course you can delete if you get bored with your character. And Miaree... she was a Hero when I was inducted, and not a young one(and she was there when I was interviewed). You could try something entirely different now to break the character blending(A stupid PK-giant perhaps(one that is better off dead ;D)?).

Fungor

Esfergref (Guest)Sun 10-Oct-04 07:48 AM

#31849, "D'aw."
In response to Reply #1

Loved Naloueme, loved Ioniyeh, loved Verv...Oh, I could go on, but I won't.

You should play a PK char, learn not to die so bloody much =P but come back to herald eventually...they always do..bwaha.

EmeraldLadySun 10-Oct-04 01:27 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2004
9 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#31858, "Diagreeing with Mia and Fungor"
In response to Reply #4

Sorry guys, but when you no longer want to play a character, and you're bored doing so, it's just best to delete. Your RP isn't what it would/should be, and not to mention you're BORED so you don't really follow the character as much.

Anyways.

I adored Naloueme as well, her being one of Aira's closest friends in the beginning. I just wish I had gotten to know Ioniyeh a bit more. It didn't seem they really talked until the end. *Sigh* Anyways, good luck with the next one!

Miaree (Guest)Sun 10-Oct-04 02:11 PM

#31859, "Uh?"
In response to Reply #5

I'm pretty sure I didn't say anything like "no deleting, ever!"
Hell, I usually get bored with my characters around 200 hours and
indeed delete... but that still doesn't change the fact that it's a
shame when cool people you knew do it, eh?

P.S. Esfergref is right, you know. Kill kill kill!

Ioniyeh (Guest)Sun 10-Oct-04 09:21 PM

#31874, "RE: Diagreeing with Mia and Fungor"
In response to Reply #5

Ooh, I swear. No more Heralds. I'm transparent.

Aira was always interesting, whether it was interacting with you directly or reading what you'd said over the cb. I had to try really hard not to make any fur jokes when I performed your wedding, though.

Those babies are going to look so weird...

EmeraldLadySun 10-Oct-04 11:20 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2004
9 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#31876, "Furry babies!"
In response to Reply #16

Hehe, oh man... I have a feeling you were not the only one thinking of that while you married Nubley and Aira. Sheesh. Besides, baby making takes place in the woods, and I'm always playing inn-sitter so no furry babies:-P You gotta admit though...if they were little kittens it'd be cute! Alright, may be a bit freaky considering Aira's a half-elf, but still! How can -anyone- no love a little, innocent kitten! Mew!

Ioniyeh (Guest)Sun 10-Oct-04 08:59 PM

#31871, "RE: D'aw."
In response to Reply #4

Hush, Esfer, you're blowing my cover!
Not that I don't agree it was completely obvious who I'd played in the past. After my characters get so old, I tend to let a lot of my personality become theirs so I guess they all do seem pretty much the same. Some friggin' RPer I am. Anyhow, anytime you were around, I found myself constantly cracking up. Great (mean) character, and you were mucho missed after the delete.

Martoonie (Guest)Sun 10-Oct-04 02:57 PM

#31861, "Bleh.."
In response to Reply #1

I cannot believe you up and did it.

I am dissapointed, but I can understand your perspective. Heralds and Bards. I need to stay away from them for a while myself, though I am always tempted to make another right away. I was completely taken with Ioniyeh the moment I first came into the Inn and started shooting the bull with Esfergref as Ansrtril. Everything she did, made, talked about - all seemed to be well thought out and with purpose. I know people rag Heralds a lot for the type of roleplay they get involved in, (Oh, the DRAMA!) but she could take anything and put a great spin on it. I, like with Esfergref, looked forward to every conversation with you, every joke, every story, every sappy moment of it. Miaree is right though. People need to start outliving her. Especially High Heralds. Well done.

Ioniyeh (Guest)Sun 10-Oct-04 09:06 PM

#31872, "RE: Bleh.."
In response to Reply #7

Oh, Ioniyeh pretty much adored the poo out of you ever since our little foray to the Octogonal Tower (you know, where we didn't die on the way, wink wink), but that had to be kept under wraps since you were drowning in women already anyway. You were actually one of the reasons I didn't delete a whole lot sooner than I did and I'm grateful for that.

ShazirahSun 10-Oct-04 03:16 PM
Member since 26th Aug 2003
71 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31863, "My take."
In response to Reply #1

Another solid effort, though I'm of the opinion that it wasn't your best. I know it's been
my experience that if I play in one cabal multiple times in a row, my characters tend
to meld together instead of being individually different. I saw a lot of similarities in
yours as well, so maybe a shake up is what you need. I'm sure there were many
differences that I did and didn't see as well, but that is my constructive criticism for
today.

Your visits to the shrine were pretty perplexing, too. It seemed like you were there
just for the small talk, because you never really brought up the religion specifically.
Were you looking for a tattoo, or was it just the role dictated you didn't talk about it?
I know I wasn't my best during those times, because I really didn't know what you
wanted out of me.

As for your last visit, oops. I didn't know you were planning on "leaving" that soon, and
I wasn't entirely clear that your "leaving" meant deleting. It was really another instance
of not understanding what you wanted. I'm sorry for the abrupt departure that followed.
I'm sure that was disheartening, but few things get between me and October baseball.

Shaz!

Ioniyeh (Guest)Sun 10-Oct-04 08:40 PM

#31868, "RE: My take."
In response to Reply #8

Well, it's kind of embarassing that Esfergref just knows who I've played in the past, but I will agree with you that I didn't try very hard on this one. I started out with so many intentions for this character with you in mind, but after that first visit to your shrine, I couldn't think of anything. I kept coming back out of a sort of not wanting to let you down thing, but I think I did just that. I wasn't really looking for a tat or anything, most of it was me trying to figure out how to talk to an immortal, since I've still yet to really try out any CF religions. I just need to get out of my comfort zone (Herald) for a while and do a serious character that I can be proud of. One that won't meld with all my previous ones. It was nice to be High Herald and all, but as far as my RP went, Ioniyeh was a big lumpy disappointment to me and probably quite a few others who've known my previous characters.

Le sigh.

Selessya (Guest)Sun 10-Oct-04 08:17 PM

#31866, "Well, sorry to see you go"
In response to Reply #1

I enjoyed the time we spent together, both adventuring and our talks. While you definately seemed like one of the people who has been around a while, I could sometimes tell that "chore-like" quality was coming out...only now that you've said something does it stand out more. Disregarding that even, I could always come to you for some solid RP, which I loved. Thanks a lot. Furthermore, I am always interested in roles--so your PBF is paid for. Try something new, away from heralds, have some fun, take it easy and come on back for some more. Bye!

Selessya

Ioniyeh (Guest)Sun 10-Oct-04 09:15 PM

#31873, "RE: Well, sorry to see you go"
In response to Reply #9

Ooh, you don't want to waste $5 on me, but if you insist, thank you. My role is going to make you yawn so hard.

As soon as I got High Herald, I had my mind made up to induct you even though Esfer didn't. I happened to like your serious attitude and enjoyed very much interacting with you. The funerals stand out particularly in my mind as enjoyable RP experiences with you (even though they were, uh, funerals). I'm sorry I didn't take more time to get to know your character though. There's definitely a lot there worth delving into.

Nubley (Guest)Tue 12-Oct-04 11:24 AM

#31905, "Sorry to see her go"
In response to Reply #1

We had our bad time you Big nasty rotten negativy vortex LOL....and then we had many good times together. All the adventures and talks together...Great character, wish I get to know her better sooner. Can't wait to interact with whoever the new character is.

AlarianFri 15-Oct-04 01:53 PM
Member since 02nd Sep 2004
61 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32104, "Heh."
In response to Reply #1

1. Ioniyeh does not like to waste food; therefore, she will
often be found picking steaks and things of the like up off the
ground for her own personal use. This being said, Alarian asked
a small favor of Ioniyeh. He wished for her to sing for some of
the people in the ruined city to help keep their spirits up. But
before she even got a chance, she opened her mouth and popped in
a couple of steaks. Alarian, with his keen eye and judgmental
mind, recognized these to be steaks of some sentient being and
immediately decided Ioniyeh was a cannibal and unworthy of doing
what he asked of her. The man wouldn't listen to reason, so
now Ioniyeh harbors something of a grudge toward him.

Cool, I rember that very well.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #31835 Previous topic | Next topic