Subject: "Tonri Roselli the Hand of the Unseen, Veteran of Battle" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #31797
Show all folders

MinyarFri 08-Oct-04 02:54 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
504 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31797, "Tonri Roselli the Hand of the Unseen, Veteran of Battle"

What can I say. I lost interest in Tonri a long time ago, and I was just filling a hut. Granted, I still came about more often than some, but that doesn't matter. I didn't have the heart to keep playing him and quite honestly, my time has been a little limited lately. Even with getting Arvam's tattoo I just couldn't find the heart to keep going. I think it had more to do with the rites than anything. I like Iborenn, don't get me wrong, but a thief is never matched well in the rites. Now, if there had been another thief to go against, I think it would have been different. That being said, I did like every minute of the character. I think the one thing I did better with Tonri than any other character was I didn't care about clothing as much. Now, did that mean I didn't want nice stuff, of course not. However, when I died to Empire, I didn't even bother to ask for anything back after the first full loot. It became a game between us. How many to take me down, and how soon I could equip. Typically I could be equipped by the time I unghosted, well enough to make life less fun for those who couldn't see me. Its duergar heaven out there right now it seems.

With that being said, lets give a few farewells:

Imms:
Arvam - Thanks man, I like your religion, but some of the reason I went that path was because I used to see you all the time, and now we don't as much. I like an Imm I can talk to, and even though I went ot the shrine often, it didn't happen. I tried using your telescope and I couldn't get it to work. I was looking forward to one of the stars killing me when I was lower in con, but I didn't get down that far. Anyway, thanks for the chance, sorry I didn't do more or stay around longer.

Ordasen and Kastellyn: I love the village, its my heart and soul when it comes to CF. My most memorable and best played chars are there, and two of them are on the pillar. If they ever get rid of the village, thats probably when I'll give up the game for good. Um...but don't go doing that cause you want to get rid of me! However, with those nice things being said, let me say this. The rites, though great to be in, are severly stacked against any thief when it comes to physical combat. My gifts as a thief are not in straight fighting, and well, it shows in the rites. Also, I didn't get to see either of you much and thats kinda frustrating. My favorite part of battle back in the day was Nimbus and his interactions with us. Thror did a good job too, though he tended to tick a few more of us off than not. Anyway, keep trucking, i know you guys are busy and I respect you very much. (as I do all the imms)

Sabiene: You are great, you are a good helper Imm for Battle, though back when i played Guenrayn I didn't like you quite as much. You grew on me with Tonri though!

All the other imms: Sorry for the couple of whines there toward the end of the char. I was getting frustrated wit ha few things in general and yes, I find it funny that some certain imperials would log on long enough to get the codex back and then leave. ie (a half hour) Oh well, sorry if I ticked some of you off, and I do thank you for all the very hard work you do.

Battle:
Acaga - thanks for killing me in the end. You were one of Tonri's best friends and more reliable and trustworthy companions.

Iborenn - Commander! Ha! Seriously though, I did like your character and I liked traveling around with you. You know thera well, and thats good. You do well, and one reason I took out TOnri was because I know you are getting the strength back up there.

Liurnya - Liked you a lot, but you are right, you made most of your major mistakes with me in the room.

Tinfalan - Probably Tonri's truly best friend. You helped me hero, helped me equip, and took a lot of chances with me and on your own...thats the kind of character I love. Not because of the eq.

Glaurauthan - Keep going bud, you are on your way. You and all the little ones. I wish I could have a been a better model for you guys by sticking around, but you still got ACaga and Iborenn.

Muarghat - I think the same thing as Liurnya for you. Tons of heart, tons of depth and possibility, but tons of mistakes at times. There were many times where I heard "I'm dead" from a few people and I just shook my head on this side of the screen.

All of you still waiting and waiting and waiting to get inducted. Tell Iborenn to show up more! All you youngsters I forgot, I'm sorry, I'm bad with names, write, and ai'll respond.

Others:

Empire:
Blitz: What can I say, I had no chance against you unless youw eren't flying and you were disarmed, which rarely happened long enough for me to do anything.

Jhishesh: Shaman's shouldn't die easily, you proved that well for the most part. Only a stupid shaman should die to a thief that can see him.

Urog: You are tough, always knew that, loved fighting you. However, when we were younger you had courage and fought alone with me alot. That changed completely. You can say whatever you want, and I'll respond, but I'll be others would say similar.

Shanta: YOu hide behind others like you probably made Shanta to do, and you do it well.

Lothorectred: Honestly I'm surprised your alive still, though of course you go into hiding if your outgunned at all. Keep trucking with the cowardice.

Ceik: I got you like I said I would, and you didn't get me alone, and thats key! I can't believe you came in at the Destructor. You have guts, that is for sure, and like I said to Tinfalan, I like that a lot.

Scion:
Aytak: Respected and liked you, loved stealing your things, hated your shield of flames.

Dreaa: I can't believe you got away from me taht time in hamsah...stinking one missed cheap shot at convulsing! I hate lemurs!!

Taidyn: We had no great one on ones, and I mean great where I surprised you enough to have an upper hand. The lion form should win out every time against a thief...every time.

Thieves: Liked fighting you both, didn't like being robbed and having to rob because of it. Oh wel, thats how the cookie crumbles

Calheil: I put you here because you tended to help them more than harm them in Tonri's eyes. You were one of those "Is he my friend today, or is he theirs?"

Tribs:
Elisdin: dude, learn to use fly...a lot.

Outlander:
Tjok: You still owe me! I saved your butt a few times you knew about, and a few you didn't. Good job though, keep messing with those law abiders!

Fort:
Dameond: Fun Paladin who had Tonri's respect.

Non-Cabaled:
Hipsin: Man, i had your back a few times, thanks for not blackballing TOnri when you could have.

Desmonn: Your welcome for me coming and saving you that one time. Tonri didn't like you all that much because anything you had had a price, but when you needed help, you expected it for free.

In ending, I think it should be note that I played Tonri as a person who didn't care very much about what others thought. His lastname and idea were based on a mobster or the idea of one. Of someone who took no crap and didn't care what you thought about anything. However, I wasn't strong enough as a char to "kill your whole family" typically, but I did my own forms of damage and such. Oh well, feel free to make comments and criticisms and I'm sure I'll return the remarks!

Aaron aka Minyar, Guenrayn, Dryzzel and many many more.

Anyone else. If I Forgot you, I'm sorry, write and I'm sure I'll respond about it.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Tonri Roselli the Hand of the Unseen, Veteran of Ba..., ordasen, 19-Oct-04 12:51 PM, #23
Reply THanks.., Tonri (Guest), 19-Oct-04 09:55 PM, #24
Reply Gonna miss ya., Dremkal (Guest), 09-Oct-04 06:09 PM, #15
Reply I enjoyed the times., Tonri (Guest), 09-Oct-04 08:41 PM, #16
     Reply but but but.. I'm no good at keeping myself alive!, Dremkal (Guest), 10-Oct-04 02:43 PM, #22
Reply Thanks for the backup., Tjok. (Guest), 09-Oct-04 03:32 PM, #14
Reply It just worked out sometimes, Tonri (Guest), 10-Oct-04 07:49 AM, #18
Reply Another cool char..., Lightmaged (Guest), 09-Oct-04 03:27 PM, #13
Reply It was more who you brought that made me mad., Tonri (Guest), 10-Oct-04 07:51 AM, #19
Reply I salute you, Tin (Guest), 09-Oct-04 02:27 AM, #11
Reply Defenders of the Village, Tonri (Guest), 10-Oct-04 07:54 AM, #21
Reply heh fun times, Ceiek (Guest), 09-Oct-04 12:33 AM, #10
Reply Cohones, Tonri (Guest), 10-Oct-04 07:52 AM, #20
Reply RE: Tonri Roselli the Hand of the Unseen, Veteran of Ba..., Tonri (Guest), 08-Oct-04 08:42 PM, #7
Reply This must have been from Elisdin? nt, TOnri (Guest), 08-Oct-04 10:04 PM, #8
     Reply RE: This must have been from Elisdin? nt, elisdin (Guest), 09-Oct-04 11:03 AM, #12
Reply Ohh the mana!, Muarghat (Guest), 08-Oct-04 06:42 PM, #4
Reply The advice was from experience., Tonri (Guest), 09-Oct-04 08:42 PM, #17
Reply RE: Tonri Roselli the Hand of the Unseen, Veteran of Ba..., Ackuol (Guest), 08-Oct-04 05:35 PM, #3
Reply Liked ya a lot, Tonri (Guest), 08-Oct-04 10:05 PM, #9
Reply Ug, you didn't even get general before deleting =P, Iborenn (Guest), 08-Oct-04 04:17 PM, #2
Reply Its ok, Tonri (Guest), 08-Oct-04 07:48 PM, #6
Reply Cackle Let me put it to you this way, Desmonn (Guest), 08-Oct-04 03:19 PM, #1
     Reply Yeah, I didn't have a lot of time for "bartering", Tonri (Guest), 08-Oct-04 07:45 PM, #5

ordasenTue 19-Oct-04 12:51 PM
Member since 18th Feb 2004
216 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32182, "RE: Tonri Roselli the Hand of the Unseen, Veteran of Ba..."
In response to Reply #0

Sorry for the late post and all that, but just getting back to the states and all that.

I really did enjoy the character and though you actually did well in the rites (other then that major fubar on my part and killing you by accident. Still muttering over that one). And you are correct in that thieves have it harder in the rites then say a warrior, however the pure fighting isn't always what is being watched. It is how you fight with your race/class/type of rager that I watch for more so then anything else. You earned alot of points with me for actually fighting like a thief and knocking them out, and waiting for your own time to strike. Though I will take your words under advice when thinking up things for the next time the rites roll around for thieves and as well bards since they often time get the short end of the stick.

Great character on the whole and keep on going

Tonri (Guest)Tue 19-Oct-04 09:55 PM

#32190, "THanks.."
In response to Reply #23

I wondered if one of you guys would respond to me. I truly love battle, but my heart just isn't there right now. Tonri was fun, but not fun enough for this old schooler who likes a lot of killing and dieing. Anyway, thanks for the chances.

Aaron aka Minyar

Dremkal (Guest)Sat 09-Oct-04 06:09 PM

#31836, "Gonna miss ya."
In response to Reply #0

Anyone who can see hidden and also speak to me would be
pretty helpful right now. Well maybe not now as my playing
times have been all but sucked completely away.

See ya next time around. The few times I ran around with
you was pretty fun.

Tonri (Guest)Sat 09-Oct-04 08:41 PM

#31838, "I enjoyed the times."
In response to Reply #15

We did have a few fun times, and yes there are some nice advantages to seeing in the shadows. Although, you could just buddy up to a duergar or a fire giant emperor who shouldn't be able to see into the shadows. Good luck with everything, teach those youngsters some stuff and keep them alive.

Tonri

Dremkal (Guest)Sun 10-Oct-04 02:43 PM

#31860, "but but but.. I'm no good at keeping myself alive!"
In response to Reply #16

How am I supposed to teach youngsters to??

Tjok. (Guest)Sat 09-Oct-04 03:32 PM

#31834, "Thanks for the backup."
In response to Reply #0

I really appreciated it. Sometimes it would look pretty hopeless when you'd pop out of nowhere. Believe it or not, I actually did lay hands on something to even the score, but soon as I got it, I saw you deleted. Ironic, huh?

Tonri (Guest)Sun 10-Oct-04 07:49 AM

#31850, "It just worked out sometimes"
In response to Reply #14

Sometimes it just worked out that I'd be wanted and you would try raiding and they would have mages around. If that was thecase, I was there in a heartbeat to help keep mages off ya. Tonri left tribs alone, aside from mages, unless they flagged him, then it was against him and he knew he would be hunted. He also knew that they would make his job harder, so he made theirs harder a few times. Ah well, thats how it goes sometimes. Thanks for finally getting something!

Aaron

Lightmaged (Guest)Sat 09-Oct-04 03:27 PM

#31833, "Another cool char..."
In response to Reply #0

I like all your characters. I fought you a bit with Atengsul (evil conjie)...remember being gaunting to arial city? You should have just taken your medicine instead of hiding and making me call in someone that could see you...heh.

My current char fights you quite a bit, but will reveal that name later. Take care man.

Tonri (Guest)Sun 10-Oct-04 07:51 AM

#31851, "It was more who you brought that made me mad."
In response to Reply #13

I do especially hate that ploy of gaunting ragers to arial city. I think its lame. Whats funny is that Battle imms used to take us out of there, because with my last Thief/Rager before it, they did. It isn't a bad tactic, cause you know where I went. I did get out of the alley though, just you brought Urog along...Tonri's main thief nemesis. Oh well, you guys got me, and I had to equip all over again...like usual!

Tonri

Tin (Guest)Sat 09-Oct-04 02:27 AM

#31820, "I salute you"
In response to Reply #0

It was always nice chillin with you. I knew that you had my back and even though we clashed on the honor thing in-character, I think I got a good feel of how both of our players felt about it. Anyhow good job man, real good job.

Tonri (Guest)Sun 10-Oct-04 07:54 AM

#31853, "Defenders of the Village"
In response to Reply #11

Tonri's sphere was passion, and he followed his passion for the defense of the village very well. IMO of course. But Tonri was dead serious in the rites about giving up his reward for you to have more vitality. I don't think Ordasen knew exactly what I meant. I never intended not taking the position, but he did say something about rewards for everyone who participated. I just wanted you to have more con. Oh well, you went down in a blaze of big pointy ear elven glory!

Tonri

Ceiek (Guest)Sat 09-Oct-04 12:33 AM

#31816, "heh fun times"
In response to Reply #0

You did well as a villager thief, being annoying as hell stealing all my crap so often and all. I knew if the first pincer didn't kill you I was pretty screwed with that chance, but I didn't feel like stopping to get a flight. I think when I decided to take the chance at the Destructor I was berserked and thats about it by then. Oh well, I figured it was time for one of us to die, just not the one I wanted!
Anyways good job on the char, good luck with your next one, hopefully some time we get to fight on the same side.

Tonri (Guest)Sun 10-Oct-04 07:52 AM

#31852, "Cohones"
In response to Reply #10

Took some big ones to try that against the D and me. Good job though, you almost had me.

Tonri

Tonri (Guest)Fri 08-Oct-04 08:42 PM

#31810, "RE: Tonri Roselli the Hand of the Unseen, Veteran of Ba..."
In response to Reply #0

heh. Fly does not work with some of my spells which i prefer when have guards... In any case I really liked you and few conversations we had. Keep it up and luck with your next.

TOnri (Guest)Fri 08-Oct-04 10:04 PM

#31811, "This must have been from Elisdin? nt"
In response to Reply #7

nt

elisdin (Guest)Sat 09-Oct-04 11:03 AM

#31831, "RE: This must have been from Elisdin? nt"
In response to Reply #8

oops yeh...

Muarghat (Guest)Fri 08-Oct-04 06:42 PM

#31807, "Ohh the mana!"
In response to Reply #0

For some reason I always will remember you telling the dense storm to conserve his mana. Muaghat had a deep respect for you, and breathed a bit easier knowing he had a friend in the shadows. Well done on sticking it out as long as you did, never easy when you're one of the few in hero range. Oh, and well played on the defender part...never seemed to mind when peopl were short about asking for bandage/poultice.
I liked your past chars, and hope to interact with your next. Well done all around.
Treebeard

Tonri (Guest)Sat 09-Oct-04 08:42 PM

#31839, "The advice was from experience."
In response to Reply #4

I have played many ragers with low mana at the beginning and it is very very difficult to keep up all of your protections. Lots of sleeping if you use them constantly. I'm sure your next will rock!

Aaron

Ackuol (Guest)Fri 08-Oct-04 05:35 PM

#31806, "RE: Tonri Roselli the Hand of the Unseen, Veteran of Ba..."
In response to Reply #0

Well done man, sorry our play times are so different. Hope your next is enjoyable.

-Ackuol-

Tonri (Guest)Fri 08-Oct-04 10:05 PM

#31812, "Liked ya a lot"
In response to Reply #3

Hey buddy,
I liked you a lot, thats for sure. You were another one who was always willing to fight no matter. That willingness started long before you even got the hut and that says a lot.

good job, good luck, keep truckin!
Aaron

Iborenn (Guest)Fri 08-Oct-04 04:17 PM

#31805, "Ug, you didn't even get general before deleting =P"
In response to Reply #0

I as a player really liked Tonri, I watch you kill with the most bizarre combo *I loved the hell out of that*
Iborenn personally didn't really know what to do with you though you showed great skill in his eyes.. he didn't trust you as far as he could throw you *not saying much their at all* now you had to go off and delete man he's gonna be PISSED!
Hopefully I'll get to see you in the fields *My side I hope*

Tonri (Guest)Fri 08-Oct-04 07:48 PM

#31809, "Its ok"
In response to Reply #2

Its ok, that would have been my third general in a row in battle. I wanted commander pretty bad, my not getting it pretty much ended the char for me. I'm glad you did get it tho, but I'd rather it had been me!

Aaron

Desmonn (Guest)Fri 08-Oct-04 03:19 PM

#31798, "Cackle Let me put it to you this way"
In response to Reply #0

One thing I've learned with Desmonn is that people don't
know how to barter anymore. Of course I was going to try
and get the best price for whatever I was offering, and
anything I needed I wanted it cheap. Thats the way Desmonn
is. And you never really helped Desmonn out until that night
with Calheil and Hentogi.

I had fun running the shopkeepers with you, but being that
you were in Battle you always had other things going on and werent
really interested in being just a thief. But thats cool Cabals are
cool. I rolled Desmonn so that I could make the thief guild my
cabal. And it seems thats the way its going.

I do thank you wholeheartedly for helping me. I cant believe I actually made it out of that alive.

Only the next day to log in and Calheil and Lucrucien teamed me. Cest la vie.

Good luck.

Tonri (Guest)Fri 08-Oct-04 07:45 PM

#31808, "Yeah, I didn't have a lot of time for "bartering""
In response to Reply #1

Not saying you did a bad job, and not saying I helped you out a lot. I did give yo uthings when you were younger. Its ok, to be a "good" guild member, you should do some business. Tonri didn't care about the "business" of the guild like that.

Good job though, don't die too much!

Aaron

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #31797 Previous topic | Next topic