Subject: "(AUTO) [None] Folorad the Protector of Faith" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #31674
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 05-Oct-04 03:16 PM
Member since 21st Sep 2024
17174 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31674, "(AUTO) [None] Folorad the Protector of Faith"

Tue Oct 5 15:15:44 2004

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 8th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Folorad perished, never to return.

Race:gnome
Class:healer
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:520

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Folorad Fish (Guest)Fri 08-Oct-04 11:53 PM

#31815, "RE: (AUTO) [None] Folorad the Protector of Faith"
In response to Reply #0

Damn real life,
Well, I vowed I would age die Folorad but alas for real life. Folorad was a first for me in several respects as I am sure will come as no surprise to many of you. My first healer, my first hero, my first caballed character, my first real character. I rolled Folorad in early 2002 if memory serves, shortly after starting CF. I had a small variety of characters with which I figured out how to eat and sleep and gather a few basic weapons. None of them made it past the 15th level. So I rolled Folorad and vowed that come hell or high water I would age die him. I rolled as a follower of Arvam at a time when Arvam was encased in ice and it was a real gamble for me whether he would come back at all. I must say that gamble was a complete success. I was empowered and spent a considerable amount of time learning the ropes as a healer, exploring thera and generally having the best time possible with Folorad. Given the length of time this character covered I'm sure my goodbyes will be brief, but I generally give a huge thank you to the playerbase of CF. You are all great and it was an honor to have interacted with all of you.

Goodbyes

Arvam. I'm still 100% sure it was sheer pity that prompted you to empower such an obvious noob in the first place but I heartily thank you for the opportunity. I may have let you down with this character, but I assure you it was your efforts which have converted a me from a mudding noob to a complete addict. You have a great religion and interact with players on all the right levels. I could offer nothing but praise to you both as a RP'd IMM and as a compassionate player.

Mossi. The wife of Folorad. My thanks for re-introducing fun into this characters life. I had lost interest for a short time and you quickly changed all of that. You IC excitment was just contagioius and despite my best efforts to maintain my RP, I found myself adopting your pattern of speech. I tried to explain it away IC (sorry Arvam if it was a weak explanation) but generally it was just fun on an OOC level. Thanks for everything.

Jezebelle. Early on we had a lot of fun as young followers of Arvam. You later became high herald and went on to greatness. Many thanks for showing Folorad some fun stuff and for the great talks.

Nampnotble. Easily the funniest character I've ever seen on CF. Though you started out as a rival for Mossi's affections, we became good travel companions and you showed me a ton of cool stuff and never failed to be hilarious. Some really good times fighting Koide and stuff as well. Best moment was helping you rank in Arial city when that poor bastard got the albatross as his next form.

Those are all I can remember by name I suppose. There are a ton more of you I remember by experience but I can't recall your names. From the healers who tutored me early on, to the invoker who showed me all over Thera and gave me his disgarded gear. I wish I could have been around more, but real life has been incredibly busy for me for a long time now and it doesn't look like it will let up any time soon. The only thing I would suggest to the IMMs is that perhaps the anti-hoarding code be adjusted. It sucks when you can't play all that much and everytime you log in you have to regear. I could find almost nothing worth having that wasn't sucked away by the code. If memory serves I lost the jester's pants from Aldavari on one of the last times.

At any rate thanks again to all. Audriel and Sabiene, I really was working on that treatise we talked about, I just didn't have the time to finish it. A pity I couldn't finish Folorad out, I was thinking I was getting pretty close.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #31674 Previous topic | Next topic