Subject: "(CON LOSS) [None] Aereglen the Grand Master of Artistry" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #31581
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 07-Oct-04 03:21 PM
Member since 21st Sep 2024
17174 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31581, "(CON LOSS) [None] Aereglen the Grand Master of Artistry"

Sun Oct 3 22:25:16 2004

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 5th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Aereglen perished, never to return.

Race:wood-elf
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:436

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Aereglen the Grand Master of Arti..., Krystia (Guest), 04-Oct-04 10:37 PM, #6
Reply you don't have to put up an act, aereglen (Guest), 05-Oct-04 04:23 PM, #8
     Reply RE: you don't have to put up an act, Krystia (Guest), 05-Oct-04 11:14 PM, #11
Reply sorry tjok, pfile had a bug i guess, had 1 less death t..., aereglen (Guest), 03-Oct-04 10:34 PM, #1
     Reply Good bye to the best antaganist CF has ever seen, kas, 04-Oct-04 12:28 AM, #2
     Reply RE: sorry tjok, pfile had a bug i guess, had 1 less dea..., Tjok. (Guest), 04-Oct-04 12:34 AM, #3
     Reply yup, i've been busy lately......, aereglen (Guest), 04-Oct-04 01:47 AM, #4
     Reply Re: Aereglen, Amaranthe, 04-Oct-04 12:31 PM, #5
     Reply again thanks, aereglen (Guest), 05-Oct-04 04:27 PM, #9
     Reply RE: sorry tjok, pfile had a bug i guess, had 1 less dea..., Jaded Ranger, 04-Oct-04 11:38 PM, #7
          Reply heh heh heh, i think i know which one you were, aereglen (Guest), 07-Oct-04 02:46 PM, #10

Krystia (Guest)Mon 04-Oct-04 10:37 PM

#31648, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Aereglen the Grand Master of Arti..."
In response to Reply #0

Hmm.. I think it may have been you that I argued was not a part of the pack, though you retorted that you were a Sylvan. Krystia is mistrustful of anyone outside the Outlanders, but it was fun riling you up. You were a good bard when I think we traveled once or twice, but for the most part, I didn't know what to think of you.

aereglen (Guest)Tue 05-Oct-04 04:23 PM

#31680, "you don't have to put up an act"
In response to Reply #6

"Hmm.. I think it may have been you that I argued was not a part of the pack, though you retorted that you were a Sylvan."

i didn't just say "hey i was a sylvan so i know about outlander" so don't make it look like that. i stated that sylvan/outlander or not it didn't matter, all of that meant nothing. i knew i was true at heart and anyone that tells me "you are no wolf, you don't know what you're talking about" is gunna either get yelled at or smacked. you were lucky you weren't in my range

p.s. when someone helps you lvl and you kinda let them die(like i told blachmianan, they're called healers for a reason, it's not just a clever classname) and then you treat them like absolute crap after..... that's called being an asshole.

Krystia (Guest)Thu 07-Oct-04 03:21 PM

#31697, "RE: you don't have to put up an act"
In response to Reply #8

Ouch! I never intentionally let anyone die within my group. I've even gone as far as trying to word a Villager out of battle even with their kicking and screaming. Despite Krystia's many failings and her mistrustfulness (which is role-backed), she takes the role of a healer very serious. If you perceived that she would let you die, you're mistaken. Whether or not she "treated them like crap" afterwards is because you still weren't trusted. The fallen were pitied, but no tears were spilt unless it was a member of the pack. ::shrug::

aereglen (Guest)Sun 03-Oct-04 10:34 PM

#31583, "sorry tjok, pfile had a bug i guess, had 1 less death t..."
In response to Reply #0

but damn it was fun. glad i could give all the meanies hell!! and to whoever the huntress was, thanks. I needed that. i'd give my goodbyes, but this already is more than i usually say. if you want drop a line and i'll reply. peas

kasMon 04-Oct-04 12:28 AM
Member since 20th Oct 2003
52 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31587, "Good bye to the best antaganist CF has ever seen"
In response to Reply #1

You pissed people off, multi killed, and where an asshole to anyone that didn't do what was best for Eutopia, and I loved every minute of it. From when we'd go raid when I fought with you, to hearing Imperials whine about you when I was against, I'm glad with my last char I was able to be on good terms with Aereglen. Alot of people hated you but for some very amusing reasons, simply put you knew what to say and didn't say it instead saying the exact opposite. Also you wrote the funniest note I ever read, good luck with your next man.

Tjok. (Guest)Mon 04-Oct-04 12:34 AM

#31588, "RE: sorry tjok, pfile had a bug i guess, had 1 less dea..."
In response to Reply #1

Well, Bummer.

What I was going to tell you before was that in the days following Therisa's deletion, a bunch of us were talking about what was going to happen next, and I said something to the effect of "I just hope whoever becomes Harbinger inducts Aereglen." As it turned out, we must have had off times because I didn't see Aereglen again for what seemed like 100 hours Liked the character and you play a mean bard.

aereglen (Guest)Mon 04-Oct-04 01:47 AM

#31594, "yup, i've been busy lately......"
In response to Reply #3

in between jobs. the oil-field doesn't leave you any time for anything but work, eat, smoke, drink, sleep, wash cloths. period. and i've been in between homes so connection times aren't anything i have control over. but i loved aereglen and didn't want to give him up even if it meant to log on for a half hour every other week to collect preps. anyway wish i could have made outlander but really didn't care cause it was hella fun anyway. mean bard nothing. putting the entire hero range of empire to sleep in one shot with me/kalvakler/eschkitzko/akrangol to wake them up is mean.

AmarantheMon 04-Oct-04 12:30 PM
Member since 17th Mar 2003
536 posts
#31623, "Re: Aereglen"
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Mon 04-Oct-04 12:31 PM

You're welcome. I figured you needed it - I will say I did sympathize with your efforts to get the Scales all the time, but it wouldn't be appropriate to set a precedent where Imms accept cabal items on behalf ot a cabal. It's a mortal-only thing - but like I said, the efforts were definately noted.

When you first applied to Outlander, we had decided that we were going to be highly discriminating about inducting any previous Sylvan characters. You didn't have many hours either, so it was decided "Hmm, let him get another 100 hours under his belt before we consider him."

Well, 100 hours turned out to be several months and three Harbingers later! Though the Ancients did leave the decision as to whether to induct Aereglen or not up to Tjok, they did warn him about their concerns and the history of the character, so I wouldn't take Tjok's hesitation too personally.

aereglen (Guest)Tue 05-Oct-04 04:27 PM

#31681, "again thanks"
In response to Reply #5

yeah i knew about what was going on, i just flat out didn't have time to play. as for tjoks decision, i didn't take it personally at all. in fact i respected all that he shared with me. *wink* like i've said before i love the char and loved playing, no matter what. see ya'll soon!!!

Jaded RangerMon 04-Oct-04 11:38 PM
Member since 21st Jul 2004
26 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31651, "RE: sorry tjok, pfile had a bug i guess, had 1 less dea..."
In response to Reply #1

Holy bejesus, batman. I had a character meet Aereglen in Sylvan a bit over a year ago. Well played, old man, well played.

I really liked Aereglen as a character concept. He had some interesting twists, at least back then. I don't know if that stuck around through your more trying times, but I hope that they did. You were quality to roll around with. And of course, everyone loves bards for those stupid runs on the empire or spire, just to see if it can all come together.

Catch you around, I have a feeling you'll be back with something awesome when you can be, or sooner.

aereglen (Guest)Thu 07-Oct-04 02:46 PM

#31766, "heh heh heh, i think i know which one you were"
In response to Reply #7

and yeah, i'll be back

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #31581 Previous topic | Next topic