Subject: "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Liurnya StoneClaw the Disciple of A..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #31526
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 02-Oct-04 04:32 PM
Member since 21st Sep 2024
17174 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31526, "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Liurnya StoneClaw the Disciple of Ancient Ways, Sounder of the Clarion"

Sat Oct 2 16:30:52 2004

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 30th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Liurnya perished, never to return.

Race:felar
Class:warrior
Level:49
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:261

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Darujhisa, Narissa, 03-Oct-04 09:14 PM, #22
Reply Good times, Liurnya (Guest), 02-Oct-04 04:55 PM, #1
     Reply Sad to see you go., Gelcoa (Guest), 02-Oct-04 05:28 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Good times, Valdemar (Guest), 02-Oct-04 07:50 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Good times, Liurnya (Guest), 02-Oct-04 07:59 PM, #4
     Reply Liked you a lot, thought you were kinda new to battle., Tonri (Guest), 02-Oct-04 09:18 PM, #5
     Reply Tough thief, Liurnya (Guest), 02-Oct-04 09:57 PM, #7
     Reply Forgotz me?, Tinfalan, 02-Oct-04 09:33 PM, #6
     Reply RE: Forgotz me?, Liurnya (Guest), 02-Oct-04 10:00 PM, #8
     Reply heh, Aytak (Guest), 03-Oct-04 12:01 AM, #9
     Reply RE: heh, Liurnya (Guest), 03-Oct-04 12:14 AM, #10
     Reply RE: Good times, Dremkal (Guest), 03-Oct-04 01:01 AM, #11
     Reply RE: Good times, Liurnya (Guest), 03-Oct-04 01:51 AM, #12
          Reply HAR!, Dremkal (Guest), 03-Oct-04 06:30 AM, #15
     Reply Good work, Shazmin (Guest), 03-Oct-04 03:06 AM, #13
     Reply RE: Good work, Liurnya (Guest), 03-Oct-04 12:51 PM, #18
     Reply Very well done, I must say., Jumbo (Guest), 03-Oct-04 05:00 AM, #14
     Reply RE: Very well done, I must say., Scharnz (Guest), 03-Oct-04 12:54 PM, #19
     Reply big up!, bahear (Guest), 03-Oct-04 09:37 AM, #16
     Reply RE: big up!, Liurnya (Guest), 03-Oct-04 12:48 PM, #17
     Reply Well shoo, Jerroa (Guest), 03-Oct-04 06:41 PM, #20
     Reply RE: Well shoo, Liurnya (Guest), 03-Oct-04 08:56 PM, #21
     Reply RE: Good times, Domino, 03-Oct-04 10:47 PM, #23
     Reply RE: Good times, Liurnya (Guest), 04-Oct-04 12:58 AM, #24
          Reply RE: Good times, Domino, 04-Oct-04 08:21 AM, #27
     Reply RE: Good times, Urjun (Guest), 04-Oct-04 03:34 AM, #25
     Reply RE: Good times, Liurnya (Guest), 04-Oct-04 10:07 AM, #28
     Reply Aw, Iborenn (Guest), 04-Oct-04 07:19 AM, #26
     Reply RE: Aw, Liurnya (Guest), 04-Oct-04 10:13 AM, #29
     Reply Good Times would have been my subject :P, Druszaal (Guest), 04-Oct-04 11:49 AM, #30

NarissaSun 03-Oct-04 09:14 PM
Member since 04th May 2003
279 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31577, "Darujhisa"
In response to Reply #0

Had some short conversation with you and was always looking for the battle where you can get your revenge. *sigh* looks like it ain't going to happen. I've enjoyed my meetings with you, which usually ended with me fleeing and teleporting away.

Good job there as a rager. Remembered the time when I nailed you. Much fun.

See you in the fields.

Liurnya (Guest)Sat 02-Oct-04 04:55 PM

#31527, "Good times"
In response to Reply #0

I really need to get over my felar fetish. (Scharnz was my last character)
I'll try to keep this short.
Enjoyed almost all my time with LIurnya, this was my first rager, first last name, first tattoo and first con loss so I think this is a good way to leave CF for a while. This game is way too addictive and there way too many times when I couldn't help but log on and then couldn't get myself to log off. This is worse than drugs and alcohol. (Even right now I should be studying)
On to the Goodbyes

Vinny : Geez you're sweet. My one regret is that I didn't get to interact with you after our first meeting. But I figured you would rather I run around killing or getting killed than lounging around your shrine waiting for you. If that was you who sent me the tells that one night after a couple kills...then thanks. Stuff like that keeps you interested in a character and gives you a real boost. Hope I didn't do your religion injustice with my reckless dying and suicidal tendencies towards the end.

Battle in general : I love the cabal, and the fact people don't rely on "So and so is here, everyone come gang him and loot him" The roleplay is a lot better than I expected also, and the rites were a lot of fun. For half a second I thought "Oh ####, He's gonna make me commander" Good thing you didn't, I don't know enough about this game to lead a cabal.

Acaga: Maybe my favourite character I met. You were hilarious ic and ooc. That one night when you were pissed that the Fortress had the codex had me falling off my chair, and then when you tore #### up in the inn was great. You are a beast. I would go from naked to having a sweet set in a half hour when I was with you. Good luck with things and thanks for your patience and help.

Iborenn: You must have a super fast modem or just know Thera by heart. You lead way too fast. Good luck with Commander.

Dremkal : I know that I've interacted with your other characters. Your attitude was a lot like Liurnyas, and you shrugged off death better than I did.

Ackuol : Today hurt.....

Scions : A/B/S must be pretty easy to find. Which means ouch for me. One funny moment was when I challenged Aytak to fight and he had improved invis and just sat there prepping in my face. That sucks. Taidyn you have a sickly amount of hps with despoil. And you always had a lot of dam redux. Muuloc, Kuraich, fun fights all around.

Empire : Had a lot of fun fights with all of you. Urog you have a cool rp angle and for a moment you almost had Liurnya considering to leave you alone and help you kill scions.

Everyone else: Thanks for making this game too much fun. Forgot a bunch of people but if you post i'll reply. Time to get back to real life and university. ):

i'll probably be back in the future...
Liurnya, Girmbrig, Scharnz, Oltrambel, Hykroln, Silmareen.

Gelcoa (Guest)Sat 02-Oct-04 05:28 PM

#31529, "Sad to see you go."
In response to Reply #1

You where one hell of a warrior, you fought off odds that Gelcoa would have just been flattened by, you where also good at rping, getting rare to see somebody good at rping

Valdemar (Guest)Sat 02-Oct-04 07:50 PM

#31530, "RE: Good times"
In response to Reply #1

You were a great warrior, and you taught me a lot of how to pk by fighting you. I still got a lot to learn though . I can rest easier now that you are gone, you were tough. I'm sure you thought I looked bad today messing up a gang vs you..

What did you think of Valdemar?

Good luck if you come back

Liurnya (Guest)Sat 02-Oct-04 07:59 PM

#31531, "RE: Good times"
In response to Reply #3

Regarding those fights yesterday, I wouldn't say you messed it up so much as you three not being organized. But if all three of you had pincered, impaled, flurry etc... you could have probably gotten me...but I might've taken a couple down with me But as for Valdemar, well a normal warrior against a rager of any sorts with the head is a tough matchup. You impressed me more than most by actually sticking in some fights and taking chances. Sure it got you killed once or twice but you'll never learn if you just flee;quaff potion.
I learned so much about pking (Though I still made horrible mistakes even towards the end) because as a rager you have to stick around and deal with what you got yourself into. Makes for some exciting moments...especially in the imperial lands knowing you have to fight centurions to get the hell out.

Good luck with Valdemar, get some legacies to go along with a good choice of specs.

Tonri (Guest)Sat 02-Oct-04 09:18 PM

#31534, "Liked you a lot, thought you were kinda new to battle."
In response to Reply #1

I think you did a good job most of the time. Tonri kinda expects people around him to know what they are doing, and sometimes he (and I) forget that not everyone does. Anyway, good job, I'm sure I'll say more when I'm gone.

Tonri

Liurnya (Guest)Sat 02-Oct-04 09:57 PM

#31536, "Tough thief"
In response to Reply #5

I liked you but for some reason whenever you were around I did dumb stuff. Like when you woke me after being jacked and I spammed a crushing blow on you. That had me wanting to throw the little laptop I play on. Anyway, hang in there with Tonri. You certainly are a pain in mages sides .

TinfalanSat 02-Oct-04 09:33 PM
Member since 19th Aug 2004
46 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#31535, "Forgotz me?"
In response to Reply #1

Good job and well done, I'm in a hurry so I can't say much more than that, but thanks for the interactions.

Liurnya (Guest)Sat 02-Oct-04 10:00 PM

#31537, "RE: Forgotz me?"
In response to Reply #6

Ah, sorry for leaving you out. I said mostly what I felt about you in your goodbye, so won't say much here. You were gutsy, and like Tinfalan, Liurnya was sort of light hearted, and took after a lot of what you said to her in her talks with applicants. Good luck with whatever you're doing now.

Aytak (Guest)Sun 03-Oct-04 12:01 AM

#31538, "heh"
In response to Reply #1

I remember that fight and how it all happened. I saw you on the road ran over and looked at you and then said perhaps when you're a bit older and you said why not now? So I started prepping. I always prepped for ragers, anything else is asking for it really as an invoker. I was impressed with how you did in that fight and oddly enough you did better in that fight than in any of our subsequent fights.

I did feel you just wanted to suicide that last death tonight. Showing up at the Chasm in quicksand with the three people around who'd just finished tarring and feathering you and another villager at the destructor while you had the head is more than unwise. I understand not wanting to cower, but you've gotta choose your times. A good rager and I enjoyed what interaction we had together. Believe it or not whomping on ragers isn't really my favorite thing to do. Now imperials... that's a whole different story...

As a whole I think you the storm and Tonri did pretty good considering, though there still wasn't a whole lot of forethought going into your collective defense. But like I said once to you, any battle you learn from isn't a complete loss. It's when you stop learning that you shouldn't play anymore.
Good rager and I'm sure I'll be seeing you in the graveyard shortly, though in my case it will be an age death no doubt.
Take it easy and good luck on the next if you come back...
Aytak

Liurnya (Guest)Sun 03-Oct-04 12:14 AM

#31539, "RE: heh"
In response to Reply #9

All in all I did horribly against scions. Taidyn killed me time and again with ease.....and all your raid attempts ended up with me swearing at my laptop and running back to my corpse. I always get sidetracked from my initial strategy in those raids. Today I planned on just lagging you, but then the lion hopped on me and I redirected on him I think to stun him and then I ate a few cone of colds or something ugly. Bleh....I hate invokers.
Aytak was definitely one of the enemies I respected. I was going to challenge you to a duel for my last death, but then I figured I'd die trying to regain the head. Damn you and your quicksand.

Dremkal (Guest)Sun 03-Oct-04 01:01 AM

#31541, "RE: Good times"
In response to Reply #1

No wonder.. I'd have never guessed the player.
You apparently guessed who I am in anycase.
Not a far enough cry from my last few I guess.
You are getting better at both the rp and pk angles
of this game a thousand times better than I ever did/will.

Guess I'll see ya next time around. Seems I always do.

-Dremkal

Liurnya (Guest)Sun 03-Oct-04 01:51 AM

#31542, "RE: Good times"
In response to Reply #11

Bah, I meant it as a compliment really in that I love the way you approach this game. Dremkal is a unique and fun character. Anyway for my own good I hope I don't see you too often, but if I am back, I hope I get to interact with one of your creations.
Don't let those short legs slow you down.

Dremkal (Guest)Sun 03-Oct-04 06:30 AM

#31547, "HAR!"
In response to Reply #12

These little legs will just have to take two steps for everyone
else's one is all. I just thought, Who is gonna double block
for me when ranking now?
Oh well. One of these days we'll end up enemies. you watch.

Shazmin (Guest)Sun 03-Oct-04 03:06 AM

#31543, "Good work"
In response to Reply #1

I found what I saw of you very cool. You were an excellent
example of a sounder of the clarion and a good rager. My only
minor criticism would be that I didn't see much felar in you,
but then we were not together for long periods of time.

Yes, the game can be very addictive. Good luck with your studies and
what not.

Liurnya (Guest)Sun 03-Oct-04 12:51 PM

#31551, "RE: Good work"
In response to Reply #13

Liurnya didn't know what to make of you......so I don't think I ever really opened up that much with you. But then again you're right about the felar thing. She wasn't a stupid cat at all like my last felar was. Anyway I was worried enough about trying to rp a chick most the time so that sometimes I lost sight of the felar thing.
Anyway I liked our little fight at the end, and good luck with your greedy little dark elf.

Jumbo (Guest)Sun 03-Oct-04 05:00 AM

#31546, "Very well done, I must say."
In response to Reply #1

Even though I only fought you once, I really liked the way you'd go about the 'Honor' sphere. Even with my form, you'd just charge in, and wouldn't flee when you were close to death. And I must say, I was close as well, very close. But as I said, with the proper preparation, much is possible. Well done, and I hope to see more of you in the future.

Scharnz (Guest)Sun 03-Oct-04 12:54 PM

#31552, "RE: Very well done, I must say."
In response to Reply #14

I can't believe you didn't die. You were convulsing and I hit you a few times after that AND you were impaled. I thought the shapeshift would have gotten you for sure. I was so convinced I had you I thought 'I don't need to flee, field dressing and then come back and kill her, i'll just do it in style. I felt like an idiot after.Your form can be painful though. Too bad we didn't fight more.
Thanks and good luck.

bahear (Guest)Sun 03-Oct-04 09:37 AM

#31548, "big up!"
In response to Reply #1

You were fun to fight, except for that time on the outskirts of hamsah (I had forgotten to sing resisting), anyway you seem to play alot, I myself are in a low right now, girlfriend needs to be able to use our computer alot due to her studies... Anyway hope we'll cross paths again.

Liurnya (Guest)Sun 03-Oct-04 12:48 PM

#31550, "RE: big up!"
In response to Reply #16

You were a pain. Probably one of the few who seriously embarassed me solo. That time outside Hamsah was the ONLY time you failed sleeping me, and I had 'place of the raging river' as one of my legacies. Frustrating stuff. But you did everything right in our other fights so well done. I cringed thinking about fighting the phantasmal killer everytime you logged on.
Good luck with everything

Jerroa (Guest)Sun 03-Oct-04 06:41 PM

#31570, "Well shoo"
In response to Reply #1

I had a feeling i knew you from somewhere and seeing scharnz up there.. I am not surprised. I liked Liurnya alot as you were pretty much always about and always fighting. One moment you would tear 2-3 people up and the next die to somebody. Felar Spear Specs are deadly and I think you figured that out in the end. Good luck at school and everything else

Liurnya (Guest)Sun 03-Oct-04 08:56 PM

#31575, "RE: Well shoo"
In response to Reply #20

You seemed to fight almost as much as me, and die as much too
Well not AS much. I love the idea of a dwarf berserker and if I play another rager it would be something along those lines. Stubborn, and grubby.
Good luck.

DominoSun 03-Oct-04 10:47 PM
Member since 03rd Sep 2004
107 posts
Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31585, "RE: Good times"
In response to Reply #1

There's really nothing much you can do with a rager hand spec as an assassin except hope to get lucky or do what I did... assassinate with extreme prejudice lol. Anyway, I would get rid of that damn mithril spear and then get smacked by a pummel. It was rough. I think you and Ildin should have switched characters. You would have done better as a berserker I think, and he would have done much better as a defender (but it seems newbies always pick berserker). Anyway, I'd say the con loss was a reflection of you playing almost as much as I did, and against all odds the same way I did, though when you take away the ability to hide, many more deaths amount. I suck at goodbyes, so uhh...

Liurnya (Guest)Mon 04-Oct-04 12:58 AM

#31591, "RE: Good times"
In response to Reply #23

I agree, I definitely am awful at 'hiding' when my pk range gets ugly, as it usually was. I'd rather just run up and down eastern, hamsah, galadon and north road and hope someone started a fight with me. Things are funner that way. So berserker may have been more in tune with my play style. Good luck with your next super evil assassinate every you see character.

DominoMon 04-Oct-04 08:21 AM
Member since 03rd Sep 2004
107 posts
Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31607, "RE: Good times"
In response to Reply #24

LoL Rolled, locked, loaded, and ready. I figure when you're playing an evil assassin, you have life pretty easy. Obviously, you can kill anyone, so if they're not an ally, they're a mark. Then, you can offer them a truce if you get them, which they usually turn down with great anger, and then you do it again to prove to them their dummy-heady-ness. Anyway, I plan to come back with a real role this time. Of course I'm gonna probably have a big target on my head, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm paid, I'm high, I'm calm, I'm focused. See you in the fields

Urjun (Guest)Mon 04-Oct-04 03:34 AM

#31600, "RE: Good times"
In response to Reply #1

Scharnz!!! Hey man, i knew you in the fort with another char. I know we spoke a few times ic with these chars. Just want to say good work, and good luck with your next... Felar again?

Liurnya (Guest)Mon 04-Oct-04 10:07 AM

#31615, "RE: Good times"
In response to Reply #25

I'l'l definitely stay away from felar if and when I come back.....i'll get my fur rubbing quota from my dog. Poor guy. Elf ranger is a cool idea and rarely done, good luck with it.

Iborenn (Guest)Mon 04-Oct-04 07:19 AM

#31604, "Aw"
In response to Reply #1

I expected you to last longer than this =P
You seemed a little green but you learned fast, I enjoyed interacting with you though Iborenn himself didn't have any use for you, hope you enjoyed this char and battle
See you in the fields

Liurnya (Guest)Mon 04-Oct-04 10:13 AM

#31616, "RE: Aw"
In response to Reply #26

Yeah I am a bit green still I imagine, and as for my usefullness well I agree about that too. Especially considering everytime I mentionned something about honor, you smirked, or you mentionned something about looting empirial corpses I smirked. It's sometimes tough to keep up with you considering you always seem to do the exact right thing in pk/strategy and i'm running around impaling first, asking questions later. I would make a bet that over half my hours I was the only rager logged on, either in the middle of the day or late at night. That makes for a lot of deaths. But I had fun and thanks for your help. Good luck.

Druszaal (Guest)Mon 04-Oct-04 11:49 AM

#31621, "Good Times would have been my subject :P"
In response to Reply #1

Heh, I liked fighting Liurnya, like I said in my goodbye, you were easily my favorite enemy. Don't know why...maybe it was the fur...

Well played, from what I saw, you had the respect of your enemies, which is far more difficult to earn than that of your allies. That is testimate to what you brought to the game. Hope those studies don't keep you too long, would like to see another char from you (Maybe a drow AP so you know how I felt )

Good luck, and don't let that funny thing called life keep you from the fields too long!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #31526 Previous topic | Next topic