Subject: "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Jhishesh Tro'gird the Heroine of Fai..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #31516
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 01-Oct-04 09:08 PM
Member since 21st Sep 2024
17174 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31516, "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Jhishesh Tro'gird the Heroine of Faith, Imperial High Priestess"

Fri Oct 1 21:07:37 2004

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 14th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Jhishesh perished, never to return.

Race:duergar
Class:shaman
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:279

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I liked you too, Desmonn (Guest), 08-Oct-04 03:26 PM, #26
Reply For Urog, Me again (Guest), 08-Oct-04 12:37 PM, #23
Reply RE: For Urog, Urog (Guest), 08-Oct-04 01:26 PM, #24
     Reply RE: For Urog, Moi (Guest), 08-Oct-04 02:23 PM, #25
Reply Was fun, Aytak (Guest), 05-Oct-04 03:49 PM, #15
Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Jhishesh Tro'gird the Heroine of..., Jhishesh, 04-Oct-04 01:03 PM, #2
Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Jhishesh Tro'gird the Heroine of..., Hentogi (Guest), 04-Oct-04 03:52 PM, #4
Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Jhishesh Tro'gird the Heroine of..., Jhishesh, 05-Oct-04 12:33 PM, #7
Reply Good char..., Dralon (Guest), 04-Oct-04 04:59 PM, #5
Reply RE: Good char..., Jhishesh, 05-Oct-04 12:34 PM, #8
Reply Respect, Tonri (Guest), 04-Oct-04 10:02 PM, #6
Reply RE: Respect, Jhishesh, 05-Oct-04 12:37 PM, #9
     Reply OOC, Tonri (Guest), 05-Oct-04 12:59 PM, #11
          Reply RE: OOC, Me again (Guest), 05-Oct-04 03:10 PM, #13
               Reply Not only did I hear about that, but I think you did log..., Iborenn (Guest), 05-Oct-04 03:40 PM, #14
               Reply I'm sure I didn't say "log off" but I might have said, ..., Tonri (Guest), 06-Oct-04 05:33 PM, #18
Reply Shame, Ceiek (Guest), 06-Oct-04 02:37 AM, #16
Reply RE: Shame, Me (Guest), 07-Oct-04 09:41 AM, #20
Reply Hehe, Kherad (Guest), 06-Oct-04 12:24 PM, #17
Reply RE: Hehe, Me (Guest), 07-Oct-04 09:41 AM, #19
Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Jhishesh Tro'gird the Heroine of..., Giantman, 07-Oct-04 10:59 AM, #21
Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Jhishesh Tro'gird the Heroine of..., Jhisheshh (Guest), 08-Oct-04 10:01 AM, #22
Reply Hey, Blitz, Jhisheshh (Guest), 10-Oct-04 10:14 PM, #27
     Reply RE: Hey, Blitz, Blitz (Guest), 11-Oct-04 01:28 PM, #28
Reply Will post more later, but for now just one question., Jhishesh, 02-Oct-04 05:00 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Will post more later, but for now just one question..., Valguarnera, 04-Oct-04 01:27 PM, #3
          Reply RE: Will post more later, but for now just one question..., Jhishesh, 05-Oct-04 12:43 PM, #10
          Reply RE: Will post more later, but for now just one question..., Enbuergo1 (Guest), 05-Oct-04 03:01 PM, #12

Desmonn (Guest)Fri 08-Oct-04 03:26 PM

#31799, "I liked you too"
In response to Reply #0

Always a good source of Five Colored Mail.

I know that stung with the counterfeit trade, and I got
a nifty title out of it. But that was Desmonn, a Swindler.

I had planned that trade for a week, hoping to find you on.

You issued death warrants from the Empire to my character
twice in your lifetime, and Im still doing business.

Thats the power of the almighty dollar/gold coin.

*wink*

Nothing personal man, its just a game.

Me again (Guest)Fri 08-Oct-04 12:37 PM

#31789, "For Urog"
In response to Reply #0

I forgot to mention something. It was a bit disconcerting to find that you were talking to me copying the way Brordaran spoke. I'd been calling people "fella" or "little lady" and things like that for the last three hundred hours and few months before Jhishesh. So hearing it was amusing.

Anyway, that's it.

Urog (Guest)Fri 08-Oct-04 01:26 PM

#31791, "RE: For Urog"
In response to Reply #23

I apologize, I never knew or interacted with your character. Using the same speech patterns was purely coincidental. Best of luck.

Moi (Guest)Fri 08-Oct-04 02:23 PM

#31795, "RE: For Urog"
In response to Reply #24

No worries, pal. It's not like I had a copyright on them or something.

Hope you're still having fun.

Aytak (Guest)Tue 05-Oct-04 03:49 PM

#31679, "Was fun"
In response to Reply #0

I enjoyed fighting you and while I generally bad mouth and have a low opinion of most imperials to one degree or another, in your defense you were the only one that 'would' show up to defend or at least put in a brief fight if you couldn't prevent the raid. Likewise you'd show up and try to raid or regain your item unlike many.

That time when Shanta jacked me I kept yelling but only got affected by a couple of your communes. Was curious how many got volleyed if any and or just didn't take affect. That was very close, I think the closest any of you three got to getting me but got the adrenaline going.

Likewise there was that time outside the eastern gate at the crossroads of Galadon when I snuck out and got surprised by you Lothorectred and I think a warrior or maybe Shanta sitting out there and caught a brief snippet of you saying, Aytak though. And unlike the others when you saw the nightwalker make a brief cameo you had the presence of mind to look at me as I walked right back into town. Was always curious about that conversation as well.

Good character, sorry you deleted and good luck on the next.
Aytak

JhisheshMon 04-Oct-04 01:03 PM
Member since 28th Aug 2004
93 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31624, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Jhishesh Tro'gird the Heroine of..."
In response to Reply #0

Hopefully Valg will respond, but no need to wait for that to post a general farewell.

I rolled Jhishesh as a direct result of the drawbacks of my last character, a shield paladin, most notably the inability to seal a kill. I really wanted nothing more than to have a character I could pk with for the majority of the lifespan, and do so with or without help, and without the constant frustration of no way to finish the job.

A lot of amusing and not so amusing things with this character, as with most others. From reading the premium battlefield report it seems even the imms ignored titles and everything else and thought Jhishesh was a man. I thought it was funny but as many of you who spoke to Jhishesh found out, she did not take kindly to people who spoke to her using male pronouns. We, ooc, know it's a text based game and you can't actually see someone in front of you, but ic, there's just no reason for someone not to know your gender, so she had to be played with the anger any woman would feel at being called a man. (I am not inviting lesbian jokes here, thank you very much.)

As usual I can't just pk though, I always have to have something of a role, whether I put it in a role command entry or just have it in my head. This time the basics were in the role, as all can see in the PBF. But while I did toss in some duergar references every now and then, I don't think I was much more than one or two steps above the complained-of human in a monkey suit. I'm ok with that.

Now, let's talk a bit about the pk'ing. Shamans (shamen?) are a lot of fun, and duerg empire shamans are particularly fun. Though there are significant drawbacks as well, balancing the benefits. I had never been the sect leader though, and with Valg specifically asking me to attain it I made it a goal early on. Achieving it wasn't particularly difficult, though I do not credit myself with any great ability, but rather that the Divine sect is almost always the smallest, and I just didn't have any real competition. Perhaps I can live with the small conceit that others didn't try so hard because they saw how utterly outstanding I was and so figured the next High Priestess was a foregone conclusion, but that's just immodesty seeping through.

Having said that, I cannot express strongly how much laughter poured out of me whenever people would accuse me of either (a) being in a perma with someone, or several someones, or, (b) being unable and/or unwilling to fight and win alone. Neither is true. And I'm sure others who fought me alone, or were online in Empire when I was hunting alone, or imms who were watching, can attest. More importantly, I have a lot of Jhishesh's life logged, so I will post many of the pk parts sometime in the near future. Most amusing though are the people who would say I had many thief bitches, or was perma with Lothorectred, or never did anything alone, etc. The facts are: 1 - I don't know anyone real-life who plays this game, I wouldn't know how to perma in the first place. 2 - I had two thief friends, Shanta and Urog, and it was pure coincidence that we played similar times. Along those lines, many of you just assumed that a thief was on-line even if one was not, so you saw me, and said you wouldn't fight because the thief would just knock you out - all while there was no thief in thera. Detect hidden is a bitch. 3 - Other than a brief love-fest while heroing, Jhishesh and Lothorectred almost never got along.

Anyway, it was fun, but in the end it got a bit boring, and, more importantly, I felt abandoned by Valg. The interviews three months ago were fun, and I looked forward to at least a little more, especially when he said not to return until I became High Priestess. I did so, many times, but got zilch back. As an empowerment class, when you get nothing from your empowering god, and your sect god speaks to you only once (though it rocked, Khaso, thanks again for that, I enjoyed it immensely), it gets a bit tedious.

Well, the individual farewells, at least for Empire. Those on the other side, I welcome your comments and will respond where appropriate.

Blitz, great job. 'nuff said.
Shanta, quality thief, probably the best sidekick a shaman can have.
Urog, pity the weaponbutt blackjack doesn't last so long. And stop being so concerned about the fear/respect thing. Shadows get it just because they are so mysterious.
Loth, I have a lot of problems with you, I think you set a horrible example, and were I empress I would have tossed you faster than Graatch ran for the unicorn pendant after that reboot. But that's just one man's opinion. I'm sure you have your own side.
Wojif, I congratulate you on all the firsts you accomplished. But you were very frustrating to spend time with, that one time we were together. I'm blackjacked and you choose to wake me with a lash, preventing either of us from fleeing? Please, don't do that again.
Ceik, knew you'd be next, only Keyuna was close, and he never made it. Good work.

I'm sure I'm forgetting many. I'd be delighted to hear from you, both mortal and immortal.

Drumroll, please....

Brordaran, i.e. Graatch to you folks.

Hentogi (Guest)Mon 04-Oct-04 03:52 PM

#31632, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Jhishesh Tro'gird the Heroine of..."
In response to Reply #2

Ever since that time you talked #### to me in the inn I hated you and took it upon myself to make your life miserable if I could. I'd like to think I directly contributed to a couple of your deaths even if I didn't land the killing blow. That being said, I avoided the eastern road completely when you were logged on because you and whomever you were with were always camped behind centurions. You did show some balls from time to time from what I saw and I liked that. Sometimes you even seemed suicidal headin to the village with at least 3 defenders against you. I'm sure you were well played, but Hentogi angers pretty quickly and well after that incident at the inn he made up his mind about you. Good luck on the next.

JhisheshTue 05-Oct-04 12:33 PM
93 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31664, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Jhishesh Tro'gird the Heroine of..."
In response to Reply #4

Yeah, you are one of three people I never got that I really, really wanted to. Bastard! It's tough for a citizen to kill a thief that is very much tied to a city, as you can just go home and be safe. Well done. Though like many people, you were a reason I found most villagers below par - they were willing to work with you and use you even though it (a) meant ganging, and using skills not their own, and (b) you were constantly with magi and using magic. Which of course is fine for you, but shouldn't be for them. The worst was when they would come at me with Loraken. That would just make me laugh outloud at my keyboard.

Good work though and enjoyable times.

Dralon (Guest)Mon 04-Oct-04 04:59 PM

#31633, "Good char..."
In response to Reply #2

and yepp, people are wrong about you perma grouping, at least
as far as I can recall. Don't know how many times I saw over
cb that X had been killed.

Anyway, I liked the char and I thought you played it well.

Good luck with your next.

JhisheshTue 05-Oct-04 12:34 PM
93 posts
#31665, "RE: Good char..."
In response to Reply #5

Thanks. Wish you hadn't deleted.

Tonri (Guest)Mon 04-Oct-04 10:02 PM

#31646, "Respect"
In response to Reply #2

Tonri hated you ic, thats about all there is to it. Duergar Shamans are a thief's worst enemy. Yes, we fought alone a lot when you were younger, but as you got older, you tended to be with others. I think others will attest to this as well. That being said, You did agood job when you got me. "Typicaly" and notice I said typically, it was with a thief and summoned behind centurions. Now, I know I made mistakes a few times and you did get me alone. Granted, everytime there was a "quiet menace" blocking my way. You wil probably argue this, but I guess you can "let your logs" point to the truth. I think Jhishesh was a great Imperial Shaman, mean and always telling people to bloodoath. Take it how you want it.

Tonri

JhisheshTue 05-Oct-04 12:37 PM
93 posts
#31666, "RE: Respect"
In response to Reply #6

Not half as much as Jhishesh hated Tonri. Nothing worse than a thief who can cure blindness immediately and cure poison and plague. You were the real bane of my existence and I was so delighted to get you alone that time or two. And I did get you with others, sure, but the real joy was when it was just the two of us. The only thing that annoys me about the game (and which is not something anyone can really do anything about) is that when you are in a match-up like ours, it really just comes down to the luck of whose typed command, and whose link, wins. You were spamming to jack me and I was spamming murder or blind. The problem of course being the thief will almost always win that one because I can keep attacking you, but if you land the jack once, that's a problem and you have at least a minor win of stealing everything.

I was a bit annoyed that twice you went ooc with me, out of frustration I am sure, but for a "Veteran of Battle" it was disappointing. And that you gloated after you and tinfalan killed me together, after all the bitching about me not killing alone.

Good skills though, obviously. Enjoy the rest of the character.

Tonri (Guest)Tue 05-Oct-04 12:59 PM

#31668, "OOC"
In response to Reply #9

Tonri has never gone "ooc" with any mortal...ever, period. Honestly, you think me saying you were grouped constantly was ooc, that was Tonri's observation. I don't think I said something with Tonri like, you shoujld get off im and start killing alone, lol, btw. I could be wrong, but I'd be very very very surprised if it wasn't a comment or a complaint that could deffinatey be made IC as well as ooc. Share the examples if you want. It won't bug me to be wrong, but like I said, I'm pretty sure I nkow what you are talking about, and Tonri has definately observed things for the most part. I think I might be one of those "complaints" Valg talked about, but that was with an immortal, and I will post about that when I finally die.

later,
Tonri

Me again (Guest)Tue 05-Oct-04 03:10 PM

#31672, "RE: OOC"
In response to Reply #11

The one that really sticks out in my mind was when you sent me a tell saying that I would now log off because everyone else is gone. I'll post it when I find it among the logs.

Iborenn (Guest)Tue 05-Oct-04 03:40 PM

#31676, "Not only did I hear about that, but I think you did log..."
In response to Reply #13

Well since your going to reply,
He didn't say it an what I would consider a OOC manner he said something about it to me IC via grouptell,
Something along the lines of, Look Jhishesh is all alone now, I give him about two hours before he goes and hides in some hole too.
*shrug* its a game you win you lose, or you whine and lose.

Tonri (Guest)Wed 06-Oct-04 05:33 PM

#31728, "I'm sure I didn't say "log off" but I might have said, ..."
In response to Reply #13

nt

Ceiek (Guest)Wed 06-Oct-04 02:37 AM

#31702, "Shame"
In response to Reply #2

Shame to see you go, I gave your char having guts and being able to execute well under pressure. Its a shame you felt lost in the shuffle, happens to us all at times. Good luck with the next one, see you in the fields.

Me (Guest)Thu 07-Oct-04 09:41 AM

#31755, "RE: Shame"
In response to Reply #16

Thanks. Like I said, I knew you'd likely be the next warmaster and I think you'll do a good job. Have fun.

Kherad (Guest)Wed 06-Oct-04 12:24 PM

#31708, "Hehe"
In response to Reply #2

You were kinda pissed when I jacked you and stole your pouch among other things. Then other imperials voke you up so I had to retreat.

And then you grabbed Shanta who managed to jack you when you summoned me(I walked south fast).

One of the funnier moments with my char when you two chasing me.

Me (Guest)Thu 07-Oct-04 09:41 AM

#31754, "RE: Hehe"
In response to Reply #17

Yeah, I remember that. Priceless. Good times.

GiantmanThu 07-Oct-04 10:59 AM
Member since 15th Sep 2004
31 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#31757, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Jhishesh Tro'gird the Heroine of..."
In response to Reply #2

Hated fighting you, good job and all, and better luck next time.

Acaga

Jhisheshh (Guest)Fri 08-Oct-04 10:01 AM

#31783, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Jhishesh Tro'gird the Heroine of..."
In response to Reply #21

Thanks, and right back at ya'. You were a tough fight unless I was good and prepared and in the right place. Well done. (except for that one time you sort of ganged me, and made the ridiculous comment that I was ganging Dilerath with Aytak. As if! )

Jhisheshh (Guest)Sun 10-Oct-04 10:14 PM

#31875, "Hey, Blitz"
In response to Reply #2

Curious what you thought. Lemme know...

Blitz (Guest)Mon 11-Oct-04 01:28 PM

#31889, "RE: Hey, Blitz"
In response to Reply #27

I thought gosh, what a stubborn High Priestess. But I'm not one to ever forsake RP, and the way you pulled Jhishesh off as a stubborn and proud bitch(even to me at times)(that all is a compliment) is a nice slice of Empire RP. People tend to stereotype Empire as never RP'ing, well, the Jhishesh's and the Urog's disprove it.

I'd tell you to come back, but I think you had more fun killing me than working besides me.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

JhisheshSat 02-Oct-04 05:00 PM
93 posts
#31528, "Will post more later, but for now just one question."
In response to Reply #0

Valguarnera, why, after telling me to come back after getting High Priestess, did you not respond to my frequent prays and notes over the course of the 100+ hours I was High Priestess? It was very disheartening, being given a goal, achieving it (twice) and getting total silence for 120+ hours. I would appreciate if you could help me understand that. Thanks.

ValguarneraMon 04-Oct-04 01:27 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31627, "RE: Will post more later, but for now just one question..."
In response to Reply #1

Valguarnera, why, after telling me to come back after getting High Priestess, did you not respond to my frequent prays and notes over the course of the 100+ hours I was High Priestess? It was very disheartening, being given a goal, achieving it (twice) and getting total silence for 120+ hours. I would appreciate if you could help me understand that. Thanks.

I'm covering more bases than usual behind the scenes right now, and getting a lot of face time from me is not likely (*). I did two lengthier empowerment interviews along with a couple minor interactions (in the Inn, etc.) in various guises, but right now if I have a block of time and some energy, there's other places I'm needed. I checked in on you from time to time, and it seemed like the Empire people had you covered pretty well.

As an aside, we did get several complaints about you permagrouping, but when I investigated them they seemed completely baseless, beyond "seems to group up with whatever Empire people are in his range when he logs on", which is not exactly damning. I understand from the musical community (as well as Dave Chapelle) that there are those who are hatas of playas, and I suspect the complainers in question belong to such communities.

(*) Once again, as advertised.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

JhisheshTue 05-Oct-04 12:43 PM
93 posts
#31667, "RE: Will post more later, but for now just one question..."
In response to Reply #3

I understand being busy. Better than most I believe. But it was over a month. And it didn't need to be long. Others have said it before and I think it bears repeating: five minutes from an imm to a character goes a long, long way. Particularly when that god gave a specific goal to the character, which was achieved. A simple response to a prayer "You are learning well, and have done as I asked. Continue. Know that I am pleased." Or anything like that. Especially when someone is obviously seeking a tatoo.

Had it been only a week, two weeks, even three, sure. But more than a month, I figure you have five mintues to say hello.

I am a little bitter about it, obviously, so take it with a grain of salt. But if nothing else, perhaps take away from the experience that even an echo, a one liner, anything, is better than silence for so long.

One thing - that inn interaction was the prelude to the interview, separated by about two minutes while I found an appropriate place to pray. Good stuff though when it happened, thanks.

-M

(And I am amused by the complaints of perma. There was a time I would have loved to have a perma, but sadly I didn't then, or now, know anyone to perma with. Bah!)

Enbuergo1 (Guest)Tue 05-Oct-04 03:01 PM

#31671, "RE: Will post more later, but for now just one question..."
In response to Reply #3

Would those same complainers also belong to the I Accuse Anyone Who Beats Me Soundly of Permagrouping Because It Can't Possibly Be Me club as well as the Playah Hatas club?

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #31516 Previous topic | Next topic