Subject: "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Jinroh the Pillar of Strength" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #31425
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 28-Sep-04 05:32 PM
Member since 21st Sep 2024
17174 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31425, "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Jinroh the Pillar of Strength"

Tue Sep 28 17:31:23 2004

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 10th of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Jinroh perished, never to return.

Race:duergar
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:721

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Goodbyes., Jin-roh (Guest), 28-Sep-04 06:25 PM, #2
Reply Happy trails..., Manden, 28-Sep-04 11:24 PM, #3
Reply RE: Goodbyes., Giantman, 28-Sep-04 11:25 PM, #4
Reply You were the toughest rager I fought., Shadowmaster, 28-Sep-04 11:39 PM, #5
Reply You did plenty for me., Vladamir, 29-Sep-04 12:25 AM, #6
Reply A shame you deleted, Laes (Guest), 29-Sep-04 03:10 AM, #7
Reply Ouch IC and OOC., Dremkal (Guest), 29-Sep-04 03:27 AM, #8
Reply The character impressed me, incognito, 29-Sep-04 03:46 AM, #9
Reply Aw Damn, Charade, 29-Sep-04 04:00 AM, #10
Reply Great char. Now I finally get to read your role. n/t, Lochzan, 29-Sep-04 04:28 AM, #11
Reply Im curious,, Xaannix- (Guest), 29-Sep-04 05:33 AM, #12
Reply You where the ####, Iborenn (Guest), 29-Sep-04 10:18 AM, #13
Reply RE: Goodbyes., Zylundak (Guest), 29-Sep-04 10:30 AM, #14
Reply take care old friend., Abernytee (Guest), 29-Sep-04 12:08 PM, #15
Reply Imperial Wannabe, Kaplanov (Guest), 30-Sep-04 10:12 AM, #16
Reply RE: Imperial Wannabe, Um (Guest), 30-Sep-04 11:49 AM, #17
Reply No need,, Manden, 30-Sep-04 01:21 PM, #18
Reply Hate to see this., Oddjob, 01-Oct-04 10:13 PM, #19
Reply Decided to hop on to the bandwagon eh? nt, Ugh (Guest), 28-Sep-04 06:02 PM, #1

Jin-roh (Guest)Tue 28-Sep-04 06:25 PM

#31428, "Goodbyes."
In response to Reply #0

No conspiracy theory here, just a lack of time, and a lack of desire at the end of the day. Took a long trip over the weekend to Wyoming to visit friends and some family, and during the drive through the terrible state of Neb., thought about it and saw logging in as a chore. There was too much time between the fun parts (helping newbies, interacting with cabal/players) and staring at the wall. At the end of the day, it was dragging on me and my already tight schedule. And as someone said to me once, when a character becomes a chore, just delete the character, so I did.

As for goodbyes, just going to do a general one. Thanks immortals for putting up with me and giving me the chance to look behind the curtain. I'm a little strong headed and I'm sure I butted heads with a few of you knowingly and unknowingly.

To the players, wish I could have done more for you. Always wanted to make your experience better. But unfortunately there is only so much time and desire in the day.

Take care.

Jinroh

MandenTue 28-Sep-04 11:24 PM
Member since 30th Jul 2004
136 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31429, "Happy trails..."
In response to Reply #2

I'm glad you realized you weren't having fun before you started taking it out on other players. Just a quick note to say how much I enjoyed running around with you as Vexoffesz. It's nice to be appreciated by a skilled player, and was especially nice with Vex that I usually didn't have to indicate what I wanted.

I'll see if I can find any spectacular logs. I'm not sure that we were in the same pk range long (if ever) though.

Luck in the future.

GiantmanTue 28-Sep-04 11:25 PM
Member since 15th Sep 2004
31 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#31430, "RE: Goodbyes."
In response to Reply #2

I'll post more after I die, but well played from what I saw through a few chars, you made life fun sometimes, and good luck on your next.

Acaga

ShadowmasterTue 28-Sep-04 11:39 PM
Member since 18th Mar 2003
329 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31431, "You were the toughest rager I fought."
In response to Reply #2

With Tulvaluthian you and I had some really good battles. Our fights reminded me a lot of when I was Talfos playing against Grogim. Best of luck I always thought you represented what the village was about better then almost anyone.

VladamirWed 29-Sep-04 12:25 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#31433, "You did plenty for me."
In response to Reply #2

You gave my character someone to hate, someone to fight with, someone to strive to be better than. You were a very worthy foe and a damned good roleplayer. I think this is a loss to the immstaff, and the mud.

I'll miss you, you ugly little ####.

Laes (Guest)Wed 29-Sep-04 03:10 AM

#31437, "A shame you deleted"
In response to Reply #2

I looked forward for you to progress as an immortal in Battle. Having played a rager before, I realize how badly do the ragers need an immortal with a rationalistic evil attitude. But if you have no fun being an immortal, it's purely your choice. Smart ragers are going to miss you

I enjoyed our skirmishes and our alliances, our interactions and our fightings. Great character and really well done!

Laes

Dremkal (Guest)Wed 29-Sep-04 03:27 AM

#31438, "Ouch IC and OOC."
In response to Reply #2

If you weren't enjoying it, well you did the right thing.

Thanks for the induction.
You expected/asked me to do something I don't think
I can do, but hell I'm giving it a whirl.
Bad timing though, I was going to ask you a couple of
things next I saw ya hehe. Started a new job so my
playing times have been cut quite a bit, so more my
fault than yours. (Went from an IT related field back
to doing construction-type work. What a change.
going back to IT-like stuff pretty soon though I'm
too outta shape for this stuff.)

Certain events with other characters that interacted with
you prompted me to roll Dremkal.
Hard to say things while I'm still alive, guess I'll
wait until I'm dead.

Hope you are still going to play and not fade out on us.
You were pretty awesome on many levels.
Hope to see you around.

incognitoWed 29-Sep-04 03:46 AM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31439, "The character impressed me"
In response to Reply #2

We butted heads at our first and second encounters (one where I wanted a villager punished for dishonor and one where I finished off the mobs you were trying to solo rank from). However, on the second occasion you shamed Baendra into trying to rise above that sort of thing, and from that point had her respect. I knew you wouldn't try to interfere with my battles with wanted people, even though I was a mage, but also that you would come and tear me up if you felt like it when I was alone. I still remember that time in Galadon when I didn't even have time to cast a spell, even with abs, before you had me down to about 20-30% of my hp.

It was because of my respect for you that I came to the village to pay my respects during my ghost hour.

CharadeWed 29-Sep-04 04:00 AM
120 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31440, "Aw Damn"
In response to Reply #2

Interviewed you as Sardinthal, all those months ago and I thought you were the best person I EVER interviewed. Think Zel and a couple others wrote the same things in their notes to the Village that I did. I knew you were going to one day lead and probably Imm. Sorry to see you go, but from the little I seen of you before I died, you impressed the hell outta me. Hope you get the time to come back. it will be a hell of a loss if you dont't. Either way, best of luck

LochzanWed 29-Sep-04 04:28 AM
Member since 24th Mar 2004
58 posts
#31442, "Great char. Now I finally get to read your role. n/t"
In response to Reply #2

Xaannix- (Guest)Wed 29-Sep-04 05:33 AM

#31443, "Im curious,"
In response to Reply #2

why did you imm if your time was so strained? Just to see what its like or for what reason? Ive seen a lot of imms do that. THey imm and after less than 6 months, realize that they would rather be playing and answer to no one. Anyway, you were a great character.

Iborenn (Guest)Wed 29-Sep-04 10:18 AM

#31447, "You where the ####"
In response to Reply #2

You showed me how to get some stuff I'd never even thought about getting, You showed me a few new tricks, and finally you had the patience to deal with all these people *something I severly lack*
Thanks for your time and sweat
Hope to see you again in the fields

Zylundak (Guest)Wed 29-Sep-04 10:30 AM

#31450, "RE: Goodbyes."
In response to Reply #2

I told ya you had real potential... hah. in any case I am sort of sad
to see you go I did enjoy interacting with you with multiple chars. It
was always a good time, from watching you grow up with Zylundak to you
embarrasing me as an imperial, and taking advice from you as a second
villager. All was a pleasure, sorry you lost as much interest as you did
but I can understand it also seeing as I had about 700 hrs on Darktears
when he died, and it wasn't even age. Very well played character,
outstanding in many ways, and damn bullheaded in others.

props all around.
Darktears

Abernytee (Guest)Wed 29-Sep-04 12:08 PM

#31455, "take care old friend."
In response to Reply #2

Hope you will still come back as a mort so that the logins are fun still. Shame our time dont overlap as much as they used to. Take care Brawler!

-----Abernyte

Kaplanov (Guest)Thu 30-Sep-04 10:12 AM

#31485, "Imperial Wannabe"
In response to Reply #2

Usually I would just say nice char, and good luck with the next, but since you said Kaplanov was the prime example of an Imperial lackey, I will expose you for the chump you were. You NEVER would come out of the village if you were wanted and there were Tribunals on, so of course I had to come down to the village while Imperials raided. I would have done the same were it any other cabal raiding. It was the only way to get you to fight. Everyone else seems to think you were brave, so maybe you did come out to fight convulsing muters or reverted shifters. I guess you just couldn't handle fighting someone you couldn't touch. Way to take up a hero-imm spot and delete. Nice job there bub.

Um (Guest)Thu 30-Sep-04 11:49 AM

#31486, "RE: Imperial Wannabe"
In response to Reply #16

Let's take a look at your goodbye thread, Kaplanov:

"Kaplanov's theory was easy. He knew it was easier to stay central and wait for word of where criminals were, than it was to scour every corner of Thera. And plus, it sure is hard to get guards to kill a healer. Anyhow, good luck with this and the next."

"Yeah, I hear ya, I did like using Imperials to my supreme advantage. lol. But what can I say, it was in my best interest to do you as dirty as possible, as frequently as possibly."

So basically Kaplanov sat on his butt in town until a group of imperials came calling for him to be the fifth man to their four man gangbang. Call me crazy, but I think Jinroh got it right.

MandenThu 30-Sep-04 01:21 PM
Member since 30th Jul 2004
136 posts
#31489, "No need,"
In response to Reply #16

First, from what I saw, you weren't the 'prime example of an Imperial lackey', so Jinroh may have been wrong there, but you could have just stated your disagreement without going on with it. Jinroh never actedly cowardly when I saw him with my rager and Manden. There's a huge difference between intelligent and self-improving courage and suicidal-stupid courage. Saying he just came out to fight convulsing muters or reverted shifters is pretty weak, in my opinion.

Secondly, as far as I know, there aren't a limited number of 'hero-imm spots'. Those that are considered worthy and willing are given it, and I think it's very reasonable that someone not continue as one if they feel it is a chore and don't want to be doing it anymore. His interactions with mortals and his contributions to the mud just aren't going to be nearly as good if he doesn't want to be doing it. When this happens to mortals, one can often see them break their rp for no reason, making it very difficult for other characters to compromise with their role why their allies/enemies would start acting in extremely different ways.

OddjobFri 01-Oct-04 10:13 PM
345 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#31519, "Hate to see this."
In response to Reply #2

Well Buddy, I have to admit that as sickly uber-deathfull as you are at this game and wicked phat RP you kick out, I just couldnt see you ever getting comfortable as an Imm. Guess that was right, unfortunately. Just not your style, your a player. Oh well, more time to get drunk with me. To bad really since your area was almost done and all.

And...eh.....naa, It will just get deleted. *dismis*

See ya.

POSTER'S DISCLAIMER: "Of course....I don't play anymore, but its just my 2 cents."

Ugh (Guest)Tue 28-Sep-04 06:02 PM

#31426, "Decided to hop on to the bandwagon eh? nt"
In response to Reply #0

nt

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #31425 Previous topic | Next topic