Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Saayayse binte-Zah'ra the Shihan..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #31352
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 27-Sep-04 11:00 AM
Member since 22nd Sep 2024
17176 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31352, "(RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Saayayse binte-Zah'ra the Shihan, Elite Imperial Shadow"

Mon Sep 27 10:59:05 2004

At 7 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 21st of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Saayayse perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:assassin
Level:48
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:219

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Oh well, Nivek1, 28-Sep-04 07:24 AM, #4
Reply RE: Oh well, Saayayse (Guest), 28-Sep-04 08:26 AM, #8
Reply Some goodbyes, Saayayse (Guest), 27-Sep-04 06:13 PM, #1
     Reply I kind of felt for ya there., Dremkal (Guest), 28-Sep-04 02:09 AM, #2
     Reply I guess I'll address a few points, Laes (Guest), 28-Sep-04 03:31 AM, #3
     Reply RE: I guess I'll address a few points, Saayayse (Guest), 28-Sep-04 08:17 AM, #6
     Reply We had some fun fights, Tonri (Guest), 28-Sep-04 08:04 AM, #5
          Reply RE: We had some fun fights, Saayayse (Guest), 28-Sep-04 08:23 AM, #7

Nivek1Tue 28-Sep-04 07:24 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
655 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#31404, "Oh well"
In response to Reply #0

Sad I never got a chance at you solo with Trotat. I think it would have been a fun fight.

Luck on your next.

Nivek

Saayayse (Guest)Tue 28-Sep-04 08:26 AM

#31415, "RE: Oh well"
In response to Reply #4

I didn't see Trotat often. I'm not sure if we ever fought? If I did gang you it was more than likely you were spotted on the way to a raid or something.

Saayayse (Guest)Mon 27-Sep-04 06:13 PM

#31382, "Some goodbyes"
In response to Reply #0

First of all, this was not a rage delete. I was about to delete, saw Dremkal, thought I would head out with a fight. Too bad it was a loss.

Saayayse was not created to be a really serious character. It was a "we will see what happens" sort of char. But earlier on as a bloodoath I impressed Blitz with a few things and immediately saw that there was great potential. Without getting into details, that "potential" suffered a big blow when Urog got the sect leader seat. And soon after that Saayayse got demoted for not remembering one of the Imperial laws (I can't believe I couldn't remember it}. Seeing yourself get demoted as well as your donations being cut down from 3000 gold to 500 gold really hurts. Those things were cause for my loss of interest in the character. I started being suicidal, making silly mistakes etc etc.

Throughout this character's life she never planned to hunt in groups. Saayayse was always willing to fight on her own (as I hope some of my foes can testify). There were some characters I stayed away from simply because I knew that I could not defeat them without preps, and I really wasn't bothered enough to spend time maintaining preps. If I had been a compulsive ganger, I would have gathered others and attacked those that I stayed away from (Brehk being another)

Couple of goodbyes:
Immortals: Thanks for the last name. I hoped for some interaction but I know you can't interact with every tom #### and harry.

Blitz: You were THE reason I rolled this char. As Syedani I admired your character and wanted to interact with you from within the Empire. Excellent character, it will be such a loss when you're gone.

Urog: I was so upset when you got to hero before I did. My playing times were such that I was mostly alone and couldn't find anyone to rank with. I still respected you, you knew what you were doing and were a good leader.

I did not interact with anyone else often enough to mention. If you post, I will reply.

Saayayse AKA Syedani, Dalayr, Sakhta, Aylkar and numerous others.

Dremkal (Guest)Tue 28-Sep-04 02:09 AM

#31401, "I kind of felt for ya there."
In response to Reply #1

After it was over and i found it was your last
battle, as a player I thought ya should have won
it. Always better to go out accomplishing something.
Though if I remember right you almost got away anyhow.
as a character though. good riddance

When that role you think is just sweet pops into
your head in a little while, start rollin' up the
character. See ya around.
(unless you are playing something I can't see)

Laes (Guest)Tue 28-Sep-04 03:31 AM

#31402, "I guess I'll address a few points"
In response to Reply #1

>Saayayse was not created to be a really serious character. It
>was a "we will see what happens" sort of char. But earlier on
>as a bloodoath I impressed Blitz with a few things and
>immediately saw that there was great potential. Without
>getting into details, that "potential" suffered a big blow
>when Urog got the sect leader seat.

Actually, I recommended Urog as my replacement. I saw him more fitting this position. He seemed more quick, skilled and self-confident. But actually I don't see a problem here: you still had time to learn (you wanted to learn to assassinate anyway, didn't you?), and eventually try to replace Urog.

And soon after that
>Saayayse got demoted for not remembering one of the Imperial
>laws (I can't believe I couldn't remember it}. Seeing yourself
>get demoted as well as your donations being cut down from 3000
>gold to 500 gold really hurts.

Come on, 3000 gold in donations is really not that much. Being an elite shadow, you could have learned alot of places to gather donations quickly. If I were you, I'd regain my lost donations in 1-2 days.

> Those things were cause for my
>loss of interest in the character. I started being suicidal,
>making silly mistakes etc etc.

For me, being suicidal and making silly mistakes really don't fit each other. One is lack of care while the second is lack of skill.

>Urog: I was so upset when you got to hero before I did. My
>playing times were such that I was mostly alone and couldn't
>find anyone to rank with.

Again, you were not too persistent. You've had millions opportunities to rank during your lifetime, too bad you haven't used it. Ranking as an imperial shadow usually isn't like "I want to rank. Now! Get me a great group, quickly." You have to use every chance to rank.

>Saayayse AKA Syedani, Dalayr, Sakhta, Aylkar and numerous
>others.

Heh, I remember all these characters. Syedani with Laes, Sakhta with Rio, And Aylkar and Dalayr with... Calessin? Damn, it was a long time ago.

Laes

Saayayse (Guest)Tue 28-Sep-04 08:17 AM

#31413, "RE: I guess I'll address a few points"
In response to Reply #3

>Actually, I recommended Urog as my replacement. I saw him
>more fitting this position. He seemed more quick, skilled and
>self-confident.

I knew that....I don't want to get into details since the characters involved are still active, in brief I still had a good chance.

But actually I don't see a problem here: you
>still had time to learn (you wanted to learn to assassinate
>anyway, didn't you?), and eventually try to replace Urog.
>

No, not at all. When I rolled the character I had decided I would not work on assassinate. Rather play her like a warrior with hide. Something that most do not recommend but I find is more fun (might be due to my bias towards warriors )

>
>Come on, 3000 gold in donations is really not that much.
>Being an elite shadow, you could have learned alot of places
>to gather donations quickly. If I were you, I'd regain my
>lost donations in 1-2 days.
>

I thought that as well but was unpleasantly surprised to see everything that I would donate was significantly toned down. These things were not obstacles I could not overcome by any means. It was more that I lost my interest and did not feel like spending another 200 hours trying to overthrow Urog. I'm not a good enough politician for that ;P

>For me, being suicidal and making silly mistakes really don't
>fit each other. One is lack of care while the second is lack
>of skill.
>

Let me clarify... silly mistakes were more in the line of taking excessive risk. Knowing that I will likely not survive the encounter but what the heck, we'll do it anyway.

>Again, you were not too persistent. You've had millions
>opportunities to rank during your lifetime, too bad you
>haven't used it. Ranking as an imperial shadow usually isn't
>like "I want to rank. Now! Get me a great group, quickly."
>You have to use every chance to rank.

Seriously, ever since I hit rank 40 or so, it was just Vandryn in me in the palace and the entire pk range full of enemies. I don't know how you can claim I had lots of chances but I didn't.

>
>>Saayayse AKA Syedani, Dalayr, Sakhta, Aylkar and numerous
>>others.
>
>Heh, I remember all these characters. Syedani with Laes,
>Sakhta with Rio, And Aylkar and Dalayr with... Calessin?
>Damn, it was a long time ago.

Yeah, other than Syedani, Dalayr was my last one, I took a year's break after that. I don't think I knew Calessin though....name doesn't ring a bell.
>

Tonri (Guest)Tue 28-Sep-04 08:04 AM

#31406, "We had some fun fights"
In response to Reply #1

I liked fighting you for the reason that you would fight me alone. That's good to see, you were good at what you did I thought. Don't listen to Laes, 3000 gold is a lot.

Tonri

Saayayse (Guest)Tue 28-Sep-04 08:23 AM

#31414, "RE: We had some fun fights"
In response to Reply #5

Yeah we did. I hated thieves though, specially when I stopped gathering preps so I was never enlarged. I never managed to kill you did I? I'm getting old, can't remember a thing!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #31352 Previous topic | Next topic