Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Ranyrnaril the Shadow" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #31302
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 28-Sep-04 10:13 AM
Member since 22nd Sep 2024
17176 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31302, "(DELETED) [None] Ranyrnaril the Shadow"

Fri Sep 24 16:37:37 2004

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 16th of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Ranyrnaril perished, never to return.

Race:dark-elf
Class:thief
Level:44
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:102

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Don't take it too hard..., Duszaal (Guest), 27-Sep-04 06:48 PM, #8
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Ranyrnaril the Shadow, Domino, 25-Sep-04 12:21 PM, #3
Reply Sounds like you can't handle thieves, Daurwyn (Guest), 25-Sep-04 05:46 PM, #4
Reply RE: Sounds like you can't handle thieves, Domino, 25-Sep-04 06:32 PM, #5
Reply I guess.., Kak (Guest), 26-Sep-04 08:55 AM, #6
     Reply The hell are you talking about?, Domino, 26-Sep-04 09:34 AM, #7
          Reply Now, now., Kak (Guest), 27-Sep-04 03:49 AM, #9
Reply A shame, Shazmin (Guest), 25-Sep-04 02:10 AM, #2
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Ranyrnaril the Shadow, Death Kitty, 24-Sep-04 08:46 PM, #1

Duszaal (Guest)Mon 27-Sep-04 06:48 PM

#31383, "Don't take it too hard..."
In response to Reply #0

I always had fun running with ya! *L*

DominoSat 25-Sep-04 12:21 PM
Member since 03rd Sep 2004
107 posts
Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31318, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Ranyrnaril the Shadow"
In response to Reply #0

You embodied te epitomy of a "petty thief". You would jack me, bind me, rob me, and walk away. Every time you attacked me all I could think was "is he going to get away?" because I knew they was no way you could win. You got me one time in a group of 5 with the hunt on me, but like I said, your mistakes would come back to haunt you, and they did when they finally got you, which probably lead to this. Anyway, one petty thief/person who likes to run their mouth after every little thing happens, three to go.

Daurwyn (Guest)Sat 25-Sep-04 05:46 PM

#31323, "Sounds like you can't handle thieves"
In response to Reply #3

I hate thieves too, but robbing people, escaping, and running their mouth sounds perfectly good rp to me.

DominoSat 25-Sep-04 06:32 PM
107 posts
#31326, "RE: Sounds like you can't handle thieves"
In response to Reply #4

Getting blackjacked and robbed I can deal with. Whatever. Running your mouth after every little thing happens, from missing a blackjack to just seeing me in the city gets old quick, and that goes for a thief, shifter, immortal, or otherwise.

Kak (Guest)Sun 26-Sep-04 08:55 AM

#31332, "I guess.."
In response to Reply #3

I'm one of those 'petty thieves' as well. I don't care what you think, but Galadon thieves are not (really) made to fight, unless with the proper preparation, which I can not, because I have too many things to steal to keep those AND a set of preparations. As Daurwyn said, you can't handle thieves. It's frustrating perhaps, but there are many ways to circumvene blackjack. Take 'secondary roads', avoid cities, stay in woods, mountains or in/on water, get clothes that will help you, explore/hang around in an area you haven't been to and that is not much 'frequented', gather some money in places thieves can't hide.. those are but a few things. Still, I'll get you in the end, I'm very patient . Oh, one thing, reading your other posts, I'd say you'll have to get some anger management or so, you seem to be annoyed quickly by many things that you failed to deal with IC. Peace out, this was just a piece of advise.

DominoSun 26-Sep-04 09:34 AM
107 posts
#31333, "The hell are you talking about?"
In response to Reply #6

For one, I don't see the point in defending yourself here or even responding to my post. This is his goodbye post - get over yourself, you're not that important, but I like addressing foolishness. I didn't sit here and say "oooh... blackjack sucks" so you AND Daurwyn can shut the crap about me "not being able to handle thieves". What pisses me off (and your whole post is pointless because he's a HAMSAH thief not a GALADON thief), is having to sit there for 20 hours because he failed to truss me and my hands are bound. On top of that, having to run off at the mouth after every little thing happens. Just because you saw me on Eastern Road on my way to getting something or going somewhere doesn't mean you have to address me and talk foolishness. And by no means was I mad when I posted that. I'm mad now because I'm being surrounded by foolishness. Save your advice for someone who cares to listen to it.

Kak (Guest)Tue 28-Sep-04 10:13 AM

#31346, "Now, now."
In response to Reply #7

First of, my post was not as much as a defense for myself (I'll come to that in a moment, though), as it was a line of help for you in dealing with thieves. Seeing that you take help so wrongly, I don't think I will - Oh yay, you win! - reply to any of your childish posts again, not as Kak, not as anyone else, unless you have something useful to add, or you make blatantly wrong statements like this here (I know, you don't care). You seem like a little baby to me that cannot have him critized, and that will cry out everytime he loses. In Belgium we say (literally translated) 'big mouth, but a very little heart'. To show you that I am not making this up, let us look at the first page of the Game Play page: 'piercing gaze' (help, my stalks disappear magically), 'Centurions rehash' (help, I can't flee from them), 'Drawing a line in the sand(on tribs)' (help, they're corrupt), 'Empire woes' (Help, piercing gaze; help, centurion)... and that's not even all of them. We've been rather active of late, haven't we? So. YOU say you like addressing foolishness, but please reread your things first, before you even THINK of accusing others.
Secondly, nowhere in my post have I said that I was 'that important'. I don't want to feel important, nor am I, as Kak, indeed, important in the whole Thera-story, no sir, thank you. However, by eavesdropping (not the skill) on IC conversations, plus based on things people said to me IC, I'm at least very annoying (also because I never give them a chance to fight back.). I certainly won't state I'm elite, which I'm obviously not, but I am rather good at appearing here and there unexpectedly, and stealing things people like to keep for themselves at all times.
Now, thirdly. In your FIRST post you say 'blablabla you would jack me, bind me, rob me, and walk away.. blablabla because I knew there was no way you could win.' In your SECOND post you say ' What pisses me off is that .. blabla.. is having to sit there for 20 hours ... blabla.' Correct me if I'm wrong, but it would seem to me that in your first note, you hate it when thieves walk away after having robbed you, and not giving you a chance to fight back (the 'petty' thief explanation), whereas in the second post you hate it that you have to sit there helplessly for a day. Nowhere in your first note (wait, nowhere in the second sentence of the first note) is there anything to be read about having to wait for 20 hours (not everyone has had to deal with binder thieves, yet - like me, look at my first note to get your answer - how do I know you're bound for 20 hours). So, based on your first note (i.e. being robbed without chance on a fight), I think my 'help-answer' was valid, indeed. If you state one thing at first, and something else (elaboration) in the second while at the same time firing a fair offer of help to your (first? real?) problem... speaking of foolishness.
Fourthly. 'My defense'. Part of the first note was indeed, some kind of defense. In fact, it's not really a defense, it's trying to help you understand why some people - in this case myself - act like they do. (and in doing so, giving you two (preps and not being a fighter-thief) answer as to why *I* leave people lying around, implying that there might be others)Look at the last sentence of your first note. 'One down, THREE MORE TO GO'. Based on the first, I would like to add 'One petty thief down, THREE MORE TO GO'. Let's take the second sentence then: 'One thief that always robs&runs away without fighting, TREE MORE TO GO'. So I was thinking, 'Heh, a petty thief, and there are still three of them around, I could be one of them (because I also leave my enemies without a chance to fight). This poor guy sure needs some help so that he doesn't get too frustrated at being robbed blind again without a possibility of revenge anymore'. So, that explains my first sentence. My second sentence is completely PERSONAL: look at the 'I's' in it? *I* am a galadon thief, and *I* carry to many shinies, so *I* cannot keep preps at hand, so *I* leave them without fighting. I don't care whether Ranyrnaril was a hamsah or Galadon thief, I was speaking for myself. My goodly intentions to help you out - i.e. avoid being blackjacked so that you will lie there- were valid, whatever guild the thief belongs to.
Fiftly, I quote from my post now, and I will stress the important word 'Reading your - here it comes - OTHER posts, I'd say blabla'. Perhaps this remark was a little unnecessary, I'll admit that sure, but I didn't state you were mad when you posted that. I did say you were mad when you wrote some of your other posts, including this one.
posts, I'd say you need anger management.
When you state that you like addressing foolishness, but, at the same time, that you always get mad when being surrounded by foolishness, you are either too smart, or you think you are too smart. (No, In this case, it's not possible that the other person is too stupid) Looking at how uncarefully you read notes, at how you fired my offer of help, and how you squirm around in order to get your 'right' (and trying to prove me wrong), at how you don't see the reason in my responding to your note, in fact, at your complete second and childish respose, I conclude that it's the second.

Oh, and I don't have the slightest clue on who you are IC, so I don't think I ever saw you running down eastern road. But again, AVOID eastern road, mister, mark my words.

Shazmin (Guest)Sat 25-Sep-04 02:10 AM

#31312, "A shame"
In response to Reply #0

I found what I saw of your role very entertaining. Thank you for offering
me some excellent roleplaying opportunities. I was often juggling some
pressing issues when dealing with you, but in the end it is only my own
limitations as a roleplayer which shaped my responses. I am sorry that
I could not deliver more. I will miss the presence of Ranyrnaril.
I hope you will have fun with your next character.

Death KittyFri 24-Sep-04 08:46 PM
Member since 24th Sep 2004
27 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31309, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Ranyrnaril the Shadow"
In response to Reply #0

I watched you walk into the woods, probably to get scrolls. I figured you'd walk back out, so I spammed jack for like five minutes. Must have made you mad robbin you, cause you came for me. Walked right into another. I truely tried to befriend you, but I suppose you really wanted those boots. They're nice, but man, equipment comes and goes. I never would have made you and enemy had you not done that. Sadly, I liked you style as a youngster. I would have gladly had you beside me in the Shadow Sect or otherwise.

Thanks for all the chats, good luck with your next.

Shanta

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #31302 Previous topic | Next topic