Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Gabrit Thornfoot the Grand Master of S..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #30911
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 11-Sep-04 12:12 AM
Member since 22nd Sep 2024
17176 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#30911, "(DELETED) [None] Gabrit Thornfoot the Grand Master of Shapeshifting"

Sat Sep 11 00:11:49 2004

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 19th of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Gabrit perished, never to return.

Race:gnome
Class:shapeshifter
Level:50
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:127

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Ok, for everyone. I did delete because of forms. This w..., Thornfoot (Guest), 11-Sep-04 09:21 PM, #12
Reply What can I say? Bad luck killed Thornfoot!, Thornfoot (Guest), 11-Sep-04 02:29 AM, #1
     Reply RE: What can I say? Bad luck killed Thornfoot!, Zukir (Guest), 11-Sep-04 11:39 AM, #2
     Reply No more Thorny?, Krystia (Guest), 11-Sep-04 02:15 PM, #3
     Reply I was relying on luck to pull me wild cards like lemur,..., Thornfoot (Guest), 11-Sep-04 02:18 PM, #4
     Reply RE: What can I say? Bad luck killed Thornfoot!, Qaledus, 11-Sep-04 03:58 PM, #5
     Reply I liked you since you came to us on the way to Thar Aca..., Thornfoot (Guest), 11-Sep-04 09:01 PM, #9
     Reply Well, hopefully I was clear., Tjok. (Guest), 11-Sep-04 04:33 PM, #6
     Reply Defending against 1 was a chore with Diamondback., Thornfoot (Guest), 11-Sep-04 09:05 PM, #10
     Reply See ya, Ehlynn (Guest), 11-Sep-04 07:21 PM, #7
     Reply RE: What can I say? Bad luck killed Thornfoot!, Kaplanov (Guest), 11-Sep-04 08:13 PM, #8
     Reply Diamondback/Panther/Gamble with Qaledus., Thornfoot (Guest), 11-Sep-04 09:06 PM, #11
     Reply RE: What can I say? Bad luck killed Thornfoot!, Elisdin (Guest), 13-Sep-04 08:30 AM, #13
     Reply Not in outlander eh?, Zazera (Guest), 14-Sep-04 12:37 PM, #14
          Reply I was removed due to not defending. txt, Thornfoot (Guest), 14-Sep-04 03:17 PM, #15

Thornfoot (Guest)Sat 11-Sep-04 09:21 PM

#30938, "Ok, for everyone. I did delete because of forms. This w..."
In response to Reply #0

Hedgehog - Possibly the only dissapointment I didn't have was this form because I never really used it.

Pachyderm - The biggest upset of all because I had this form with Talno. It had more resistance, more damage output and could trample about anything (might have been the mobs) But I was tired of not being able to trample anything. Even in a PK, I would have gotten at least 5 PK's if I could trample orcs.

Hare - Decently swift form, took me quite a ways, I like it. Dangersense is always an asset.

Ocelot - Lacks offense and defensive power for its rank/focus. People said id be hitting 3 MASSACRES. Instead I was hitting 3 MASSACRES every 5-7 rounds and 1 DISMEMBER the rest. Bite did horrible damage.
If you want good third tier forms I suggest going Utility, as Spider Monkey, Ostrich, Spider are amazing forms.

Diamondback Rattlesnake - This in my opinion is a third tier utility form. It has nothing defensive with the exception of immunity to poison, which isn't extravagant in my eyes. It had Ostrich dodge, regened just a little more then SandLizard, did no damage. This is a form that needs to be looked at and revamped.

Panther - The form I gambled with Qaledus. I was hoping for lion or ram, one or the other would have saved this character. Panther is a half decent offensive form in my eyes. I liked it. Bite causes bleeding, tendonslash I never use and suggest no one does unless you have ABS.

The rundown on my forms. The forms I was hoping for were Mongoose and Lion.

"But then there realy wasn't much hope. Just a fools hope"

Thornfoot (Guest)Sat 11-Sep-04 02:29 AM

#30913, "What can I say? Bad luck killed Thornfoot!"
In response to Reply #0

Just a few things im going to say, and just a few goodbyes.

Outlander: Incredible cabal with some very nice powers when used on advantage. Good belief sets, good gods (even though Gabrit saw none of the Outlander goods) and good balance.

Tribunal: Raiding with special guards is ####, thats probably all I have to say about Tribunal.

Forms: Yes, I know shapeshifters is a give and take type class where you pray for good forms that are given to you by a randomator. But I believe Diamondback needs to be toned up, not toned down.

Goodbyes:

Immortals:
Shokai: Winged thing! I really liked to talk to Shokai as I rarely ever see you on with any other characters ive had. Our small talks were well wanted. I wish we had gotten to talk about Maran and Thar-Eris
Velkurah: I was expecting plague, not faerie fire. LOL! Good job
Huntress: Sorry for attacking you, but i needed to gain the attention of an Outlander somehow, seeming as they hide all the time.
Qaledus: Awesome interaction with the gamble, I wish I had won, I might have stuck around with this character. Solo raiding Tribunal with diamondback and ocelot became a chore. LOL.

Outlanders:
Tjok: Looked up to you, literally. Loved climbing up on your shoulder to talk to others with you there.
Ehlynn: The true Reaper. Your a killing machine. Loved interacting with you. Incredible character.
Tarrin: Bitch ranked me from 20-40.
Zazera: A lot of tension between us, but I liked you OOC.
Laelthir: Good naturalist type druid. I liked talking with you.

Tribunals:
Elisdin: I believe you enjoyed our conversations as much as I did. Stupid crash ruined my whole thing on murder! Stupid crash!
Daran/Zukir: 2 lucky bastards to catch me out of form.
Kaplanov: Good job, I like your play style.

Scions:
Aytak: Liked our small little talk on knowledge.

If you want to leave a message, ill respond, thanks for all the interactions!

Zukir (Guest)Sat 11-Sep-04 11:39 AM

#30919, "RE: What can I say? Bad luck killed Thornfoot!"
In response to Reply #1

Indeed! What fun is it to fight a shifter in form? There's that whole getting hurt and the potential of dying! Seriously, I think you did a good job. Just remember that shifters should never travel out of form...never ever. But a well played character, Zukir enjoyed him immensely. And no, not just because he killed him. Good luck with your next. See you in the fields!

Krystia (Guest)Sat 11-Sep-04 02:15 PM

#30922, "No more Thorny?"
In response to Reply #1

Aww.. really, really sad to see you go. Goodness... all the high-ranking ones seem to be deleting lately. You're going to be missed. I always enjoyed how fierce you third-person-said you were. "Gnome kill!" "Thornfoot smash!" You were the size of Krystia's foot with a ferocity twice the size of Tjok. Glad to heal you when I could.

Thornfoot (Guest)Sat 11-Sep-04 02:18 PM

#30923, "I was relying on luck to pull me wild cards like lemur,..."
In response to Reply #3

dsf

QaledusSat 11-Sep-04 03:58 PM
Member since 09th May 2004
458 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#30924, "RE: What can I say? Bad luck killed Thornfoot!"
In response to Reply #1

>Qaledus: Awesome interaction with the gamble, I wish I had
>won, I might have stuck around with this character.

Our interactions were fun, and the only reason I agreed to
the gamble in the first place. It was a big bet but I did
want to give you the chance you were looking for.

Better "luck" on the next one.

Qaledus

Thornfoot (Guest)Sat 11-Sep-04 09:01 PM

#30935, "I liked you since you came to us on the way to Thar Aca..."
In response to Reply #5

No one should be stuck with diamondback/panther. Its absolutly horrible. This is twice now.

Tjok. (Guest)Sat 11-Sep-04 04:33 PM

#30926, "Well, hopefully I was clear."
In response to Reply #1

Hopefully I was clear when I uninducted Gabrit. When I first inducted the character I felt like I was taking a risk because of Gabrit's slightly insane personality, but on the other hand, I thought there was a chance that Gabrit could infuse the cabal with a sense of energy and enthusiasm -- and stave off these deletions. Gabrit definately brought a sense of energy, but it started to seem like your frustration with the forms you got were leeking through to the character.. along with the other things we talked about. I really did hope you'd come back better than ever.

Anyway, thanks for the fun and good luck with the next.

Thornfoot (Guest)Sat 11-Sep-04 09:05 PM

#30936, "Defending against 1 was a chore with Diamondback."
In response to Reply #6

That one time I scared Daran off was completely fluke, all due to beast call. Any class can tear diamondback apart. Its a utility form to heal your main form. Which they toned down since last I had it. Tjok give me a message on AIM or MSN
Battlecharmed@hotmail.com
aim - battlecharmed

Thanks.

Ehlynn (Guest)Sat 11-Sep-04 07:21 PM

#30928, "See ya"
In response to Reply #1

>Ehlynn: The true Reaper. Your a killing machine. Loved
>interacting with you. Incredible character.

You were entertaining. Ehlynn, intentionally, doesn't have much of a sense of humor. You irritated her and really amused me.

By and large I (player) really liked Thornfoot. Despite Ehlynn's irritation . I have to echo Tjok's comments (I seem to be doing that a lot on this forum... hmm) - it was really obvious that you the player were disappointed in your forms. To an extend it made me sad to see that bleed through to Gabrit the character. Sorry to see you go.

Good luck with your next.

Walk with the Reaper, Thornfoot.

Kaplanov (Guest)Sat 11-Sep-04 08:13 PM

#30929, "RE: What can I say? Bad luck killed Thornfoot!"
In response to Reply #1

Nice char. Good luck with the next. What exactally do you mean bad luck btw?
-Kap

Thornfoot (Guest)Sat 11-Sep-04 09:06 PM

#30937, "Diamondback/Panther/Gamble with Qaledus."
In response to Reply #8

I was hoping for forms that weren't A/B/S required for doing anything.

Elisdin (Guest)Mon 13-Sep-04 08:30 AM

#30951, "RE: What can I say? Bad luck killed Thornfoot!"
In response to Reply #1

Indeed I liked thos talks. You will be really missed. Heh luck with you next and sorry i did not kill you last time we met

Zazera (Guest)Tue 14-Sep-04 12:37 PM

#30972, "Not in outlander eh?"
In response to Reply #1

I liked you OOC also, but IC I had a lot of issues with you for obvious reasons. I haven't been around in awhile, on vacation, although I should be back soon. Let me know how you left Outlander?

Should be back soon though, hope everyone is fine still

Zazera

Thornfoot (Guest)Tue 14-Sep-04 03:17 PM

#30977, "I was removed due to not defending. txt"
In response to Reply #14

Its funny. The first time I was kicked from Outlanders, it was because I made fun of and gave Andrlos a hard time. Now I get kicked for not being able to retreive/defend. Im still wondering why I got kicked as Delromsin, as I was the only one raiding.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #30911 Previous topic | Next topic